All the President's Lies

neeneko

Re: All the President's Lies

Post by neeneko »

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:15 am They ended up cutting him off because he made several big admissions during the rant.
Hrm. I might have to watch more of the piece. I could not stomach the whole half hour.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neeneko wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:13 am
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:17 am If anyone is interested here's his rant:
Looking at the faces.. I think even Fox and Friends were having a bit of an 'oh shit' moment when they realized that the president of the united states was phoning into a morning talkshow for an unstructured rant worthy of a 16 year old's youtube post.
I had wondered if anyone else noticed the looks on their faces. I am not familiar with the show and the hosts, but those looks were just...OMFG what did he just say? :rotflmao:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neeneko wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:37 am
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:15 am They ended up cutting him off because he made several big admissions during the rant.
Hrm. I might have to watch more of the piece. I could not stomach the whole half hour.
It was worth it. Glad he phoned it in and we didn't have to watch him.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump on Michael Cohen: “He represents me with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal, he represented me.”

Trump has previously said he was unaware of Cohen’s efforts in Oct. 2016 to pay Stormy Daniels to remain silent about their alleged sexual encounter.
Happy Birthday Melania.

The Cohen hearing should be fun this morning. :swoon:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

You look at the corruption at the top of the FBI, it’s a disgrace. And our Justice Department – which I try and stay away from, but at some point I won’t – our Justice Department should be looking at that kind of stuff, not the nonsense of collusion with Russia. There is no collusion with me and everyone knows it.
This bit he said should cause some alarm. Basically a threat of him taking over the justice department.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Scott Pruitt is feeling very fortunate right now. His hearing was going to be the center of attention today. Now...well, it still might be, but at least there's a chance it won't be the top story tomorrow.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:17 am If anyone is interested here's his rant:
Looking at the faces.. I think even Fox and Friends were having a bit of an 'oh shit' moment when they realized that the president of the united states was phoning into a morning talkshow for an unstructured rant worthy of a 16 year old's youtube post.
Lets me wonder what the N.Korean government makes out of this so shortly before a planned visit. Lied about the Cohen Stormy connection, first none, now admits, how ever will they believe this guys word on anything.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:55 pm
Lets me wonder what the N.Korean government makes out of this so shortly before a planned visit. Lied about the Cohen Stormy connection, first none, now admits, how ever will they believe this guys word on anything.
The North Korean government is expert at lying and alternate realities. Trump is a chump in comparison.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Newsweek
Donald Trump Is Lying More Now Than He Was At The Beginning Of His Presidency

President Donald Trump and the truth have grown more distant in recent months, according to a new analysis.

The Washington Post has been tracking the president’s false or misleading claims since he took office in January of last year. In total he has averaged 6.5 false or misleading claims a day, but that the number of those claims has crept up since the beginning of his presidency. In the first 100 days of his administration, Trump averaged just 4.9 of those claims a day. In the last two months, that rate has almost doubled to 9 false or misleading claims a day, according to the Post. However, that number is bolstered by Trump’s rally in Michigan last week, where he made 44 claims during an 80-minute speech.

In total, the President has made 3,001 false or misleading claims since taking office, according to the Post’s analysis.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Well color me surprised - NOT - !!!!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Addie wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 4:08 pm
Donald Trump Is Lying More Now Than He Was At The Beginning Of His Presidency

:snippity:
In total, the President has made 3,001 false or misleading claims since taking office, according to the Post’s analysis.
And this thread is only up to page 11. We've got a LOT of catchin' up to do I guess. :swoon:
M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
Hektor

Post by Hektor »

Well, truthfully the Donald Trump's Truths thread has a zero post count and is nonexistent.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol:
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Hektor! :rimshot:
M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

"All the President's Lies" was always setting the bar unfeasibly high.

"The President's Bigliest Lies" would have been a more realistic -- but still challenging -- aspiration.
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Hektor wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:31 pm Well, truthfully the Donald Trump's Truths thread has a zero post count and is nonexistent.
Aint that the truth.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Dang - after the Giuliani revelations on the Hannity show the WaPo will have to increment their counter exponentially... :lol:
Addie

Post by Addie »

Independent
Trump claims he succeeded where Obama failed in getting North Korea to release US prisoners - even though two were jailed on his watch ...

US officials on Thursday said they had received no confirmation of the detainees’ release, first reported in the South Korean media, but Mr Trump hinted at developments in a tweet.

“As everybody is aware, the past Administration has long been asking for three hostages to be released from a North Korean Labor camp, but to no avail,” he wrote. “Stay tuned!”

Only one of the American citizens, Kim Dong-chul, has been in custody since before the Republican’s election. The two others, Kim Hak-song and Tony Kim, were detained after last spring as tensions between the US and North Korea ramped up.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

The New York Times is getting crucified on Twitter because its headline read, "Trump Reversed His Position" on the Stormy Daniels payments instead of using the four letter word "lied".
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
HilltownGrrl
Occupation: Researcher (for a non-fiction author); local child-wrangler; thread killer; piler of things on other things

Post by HilltownGrrl »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:22 pm The New York Times is getting crucified on Twitter because its headline read, "Trump Reversed His Position" on the Stormy Daniels payments instead of using the four letter word "lied".
Good. They deserve it.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Wall Street Journal Editorial
The Stormy Daniels Damage ...

In explanatory tweets Thursday, President Trump said that “Mr. Cohen, an attorney, received a monthly retainer, not from the campaign and having nothing to do with the campaign, from which he entered into, through reimbursement, a private contract between two parties, known as a non-disclosure agreement, or NDA.”

The apparent reason for these contortions is the possibility that the payments if made by Mr. Cohen would have exceeded federal campaign-finance donation limits. We have long criticized the arcana of campaign-finance rules, but they are the law and carry real criminal penalties. That is why presidential candidates hire squads of lawyers to flyspeck donations during a campaign. ...

But Mr. Trump’s public deceptions are surely relevant to his job as President, and the attempted cover-up has done greater harm than any affair would have. Mr. Trump asked Americans, not least his supporters, to believe his claims about the payments. They were false and conveniently so in putting the onus on Mr. Cohen. Now, as more of the story has emerged, he wants everyone to believe a new story that he could have told the first time.

Mr. Trump is compiling a record that increases the likelihood that few will believe him during a genuine crisis—say, a dispute over speaking with special counsel Robert Mueller or a nuclear showdown with Kim Jong Un. Mr. Trump should worry that Americans will stop believing anything he says.
tencats

Post by tencats »

Parkland suvivor: Trump is 'professional liar'
https://ijr.com/ijr-red/2018/05/1092105 ... and-trump/
Parkland shooting survivor Cameron Kasky slammed President Trump's NRA speech, calling him a "professional liar," and accusing him of tailoring his views to his audience.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Politifact - Pants on Fire
Did Donald Trump sign the first military pay raise in 10 years? ...

"We just approved $700 billion for our military," Trump said. "So we’re going to be having the best equipment ever known. And next year, $716 billion. So I wanted to let you know. And, by the way — I know you don’t care about this — but that also includes raises for our military. First time in 10 years."

That’s flat wrong. In fact, the last time that service members didn’t receive an annual pay increase was in 1983.

And that was only because of a one-time technical quirk.

Trump was "totally incorrect," said Todd Harrison, director of defense budget analysis at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. "The military has gotten a pay raise each and every year." ...

Trump said that recent legislation "includes raises for our military. First time in 10 years."

That’s wrong. Depending how you count it, the most recent year without a military pay raise was either 35 or 57 years ago — not 10. And the most recent pay raise wasn’t even the biggest in the past 10 years; it was exceeded by raises in 2008, 2009 and 2010, during the Bush and Obama administrations.

We rate the statement Pants on Fire.
tek

Post by tek »

This I don't get.

Won't members of the military know, personally, that this is a lie?
There's no way back
from there to here
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

tek wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:10 am This I don't get.

Won't members of the military know, personally, that this is a lie?
Yes. But you will not see any of them on TV saying so. It is frowned upon and in some cases downright against policy for a member of the military to get on TV and make statements that can be construed as being political.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Return to “Trump Administration”