All the President's Lies

Sunrise

Re: All the President's Lies

Post by Sunrise » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:41 pm

True, he doesn’t own a yacht now, but he had one years ago that was sold when he was in yuuuuge debt and had to satisfy creditors. I remember laughing when I read that he would only go on board when it was at the dock because he was afraid it might sink. :lol:

"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Here's a story about Trump's yacht from BuzzFeedNews -
Debt-Ridden Donald Trump Lost His “Ship Of Jewels” To A Saudi Prince

In 1991, however, it was Trump's lunch that was eaten by a foreign competitor, when the real estate mogul, in debt to the tune of $900 million, ceded his 281-foot super-yacht Trump Princess over to creditors.

The yacht was then purchased by Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz al Saud, mogul and member of the Saudi royal family. He also happens to have a stake in another forsaken Trump property: the Plaza hotel in New York.

The Donald had a strange affinity for the swanky yacht he purchased in 1988 from the Sultan of Brunei for $29 million, which at the time was one of the largest in the world. According to former Trump executive John R. O'Donnell, the real estate mogul sailed on it only once, its maiden voyage from the Azores to the New York harbor.

"It so terrified him when they weighed anchor -- the movement convinced him it was sinking -- that he would never sleep on it," wrote O'Donnell in his book Trumped!. "All the time it was docked at the marina, he went on board only to watch boat races or occasionally to entertainment important customers or business associates."

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

CJ Roberts

Post by CJ Roberts » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Kendra wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:04 pm

In a Daily Caller interview, Trump makes this false claim about voter ID: "If you buy a box of cereal — you have a voter ID."

He also claims, without evidence, that, "Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again."
It's simple. Since owning a box of cereal proves you have voter ID, you just bring a different box of cereal to the polling place every time you vote.

You're the kind of lawyer guilty people hire.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:06 pm

CJ Roberts wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:00 pm
It's simple. Since owning a box of cereal proves you have voter ID, you just bring a different box of cereal to the polling place every time you vote.
I had to cash in four box tops when I registered to vote. Doesn’t everyone?

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:15 pm

Bill Kristol:

ALERT: There could well be three million cases of cereal fraud a year. People get in line that have absolutely no right to buy cereal and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and buy cereal again.
3:55 PM - 14 Nov 2018

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:20 pm

much ado wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:49 pm
It's actually kind of funny that Trump is telling people what they have to do to buy groceries as if they did not know and this would be news to them. Someone in the press corps should ask when was the last time that Trump bought groceries for his family.

The scary part of that story is the people who go to Trump Rallys now believe you need to have a picture ID to buy groceries, and always have. They remember having little baby State ID cards they had to show to buy penny candy when they were kids. Emperor Cheeto says so, so the mind has to make it real.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:36 pm

CJ Roberts wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:00 pm
Kendra wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:04 pm
https:// twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1062807445075038209
In a Daily Caller interview, Trump makes this false claim about voter ID: "If you buy a box of cereal — you have a voter ID."

He also claims, without evidence, that, "Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again."
Don't forget to bring your kids along with their favourite breakfast brand in their small hands. Teach them the name of your preferred candidate well in advance :)

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:47 pm

So Jeff Corn Flake's election victories were due to subliminal advertizing?

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:55 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:47 pm
So Jeff Corn Flake's election victories were due to subliminal advertizing?
And Jeff Golden Grahams

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:36 am

Why I can't quit twitter:

m i t h

@ManInTheHoody

[at polling place]

election worker: okay, and can i see ur id please?

me: *slides box of lucky charms across table*

ew: what is this?

me: trump said if i buy cereal i have voter id

ew: im sorry, this isnt an appropriate type of id

me: *slides over box of cap'n crunch*

3:49 PM - 14 Nov 2018

ImageImageImage x4

CJ Roberts

Post by CJ Roberts » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Cap'n Crunch only became Cap'n thanks to the stowaway vote.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:13 pm

We need tariffs on crunchberries STAT!

Image Image Image Image Image

bob

Post by bob » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:12 pm

"Voter identification? Can my friend Abe Lincoln vouch for me?" :wink:

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Sarah Palin has hers.

Frosted Flakes. 8-)

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:36 am

Now I really want to see someone try this as some sort of voting bribe.

CJ Roberts

Post by CJ Roberts » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:11 pm

Why hasn't Obama released his long form box top?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:56 pm

I’m so hungry. I tried to buy cereal this morning but forgot my ID. Dammit.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 pm

CJ Roberts wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:11 pm
Why hasn't Obama released his long form box top?
:rotflmao:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:32 am

WaPo FactChecker: President Trump’s crowd-size estimates: Increasingly unbelievable ...

Let’s leave out all the instances in which Trump said “thousands and thousands” and focus only on the rallies for which he gave hard numbers or indicated rough totals. At nine such rallies this year, the president’s estimates came to 352,600 people combined. Our review of official counts and news reports shows the number was much lower: 100,972.

That means Trump multiplied his crowd sizes by a factor of 3.5, at minimum. Of course, this doesn’t take into account all the times he made wild assertions about his crowd sizes without giving hard numbers.

These claims deserve Four Pinocchios. Or, if you prefer to use Trump’s math, “thousands and thousands” of Pinocchios.

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 am

Deutsche Welle: Finland's president to Donald Trump: We don't rake forests

During a visit to wildfires-hit California, the US president had said Finland routinely raked its forests to foil fires. Finnish President Sauli Niinisto responded, saying he was not sure where Trump got the idea.
Adding:
New York Daily News: Finnish president denies telling Trump that 'raking' forests prevents wildfires
BuzzFeed News: People From Finland Collectively Said "Excuse Me?" After Trump Said The Country Rakes Its Forests To Prevent Fires

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:41 am

Addie wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 am

During a visit to wildfires-hit California, the US president had said Finland routinely raked its forests to foil fires. Finnish President Sauli Niinisto responded, saying he was not sure where Trump got the idea.
When he spouts off about this kind of off the wall :shit:, his staff is left holding the bag trying to find something, anything to make it see legit. Waiting to see what they come up with this time.

I mean, really. I know what kind of forest we got in just the west, some still so remote that they've never found the remains of DB Cooper. Yet we're going to rake the forest floors? For realz? :fingerwag:

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:10 pm

The sad thing is he has no concept of how big a forest is nor any idea what it would mean to try to rake a forest floor. He's from Noo Yawk City, and has probably never had the pleasure of hiking and camping in any of America's beautiful forests.

For a billionaire, he's led a miserable, sheltered, pathetically empty sort of a life, and he doesn't have a clue about the experiences of normal everyday people.

So it's funny, but not really a surprise, that he thinks you can rake a forest floor.

Moron.

Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief. And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Kendra wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:41 am
Addie wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 am

When he spouts off about this kind of off the wall :shit:, his staff is left holding the bag trying to find something, anything to make it see legit. Waiting to see what they come up with this time.

I mean, really. I know what kind of forest we got in just the west, some still so remote that they've never found the remains of DB Cooper. Yet we're going to rake the forest floors? For realz? :fingerwag:
Or they just change the subject. Didja hear they're going to revoke Acosta's pass again?

ImageImageImage x4

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:17 pm

The Week
Trump insists he called out Osama bin Laden in his 2000 book. He actually pondered whether bin Laden was so bad.

President Trump is sure he beat out every branch of U.S. intelligence in figuring out Osama bin Laden wasn't such a great guy. He most certainly did not.

In a Monday tweet, Trump doubled down on his Sunday insistence that the Navy SEAL who commanded the bin Laden raid should've tracked the former al Qaeda leader down "a lot sooner." After all, Trump said Monday he "pointed [bin Laden] out in my book just BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center."

It's true, Trump did give bin Laden a brief mention in "The America We Deserve," published in 2000. In fact, he suggested bin Laden was just "a shadowy figure with no fixed address" and not America's "public enemy No. 1."

Just as Trump mentioned in his book, American warplanes had already taken aim at bin Laden because he'd been indicted for bombing U.S. embassies in 1998, per The Washington Post. CNN also reported in 1999 that U.S. officials feared bin Laden was planning a terrorist attack.

Return to “Trump Administration”