Apparently not :blink:

RTH10260

Re: The Spawn of Trump

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Kendra wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:49 pm
https:// twitter.com/atrupar/status/1118219441010094080
"the collapse of the Berlin War"
To note that the Berlin "War" did not collapse cause of Teh Donald or the USA.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 pm

I think the really odd thing about the list of 'great' achievements is that I can see where Americans think they singlehandedly won WW II, but Reagan made a speech about the Berlin Wall--he didn't tear it down himself, nor did Gorbachev. The people in East Germany and West Germany tore down the wall, two years after Reagan made his speech.

I know, I'm talking about a clueless twit.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:48 pm

I googled "mayor pete we can't find greatness in the past". I am copy/pasting the RESULTS - not bothering with the links

1st result:
Mayor Pete: 'We Cannot Find Greatness in the Past' - the dc patriot
https://thedcpatriot.com/mayor-pete-we- ... -the-past/
3 hours ago - “Did you know @MayorPete says we can't find greatness in the past?! Someone teach him about George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, the ..
a quick glance shows many more that say LOOK
Pete Buttigieg — mayor of South Bend, Ind. — joins 2020 presidential ...
https://www.latimes.com/.../la-na-pol-p ... 90123-stor...
Jan 23, 2019 - We can't look for greatness in the past," Buttigieg says in a video that includes before-and-after footage of South Bend, a Rust Belt city once ...
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:52 pm

:sick:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Amy

PrplMnkyCupcake
Follow Follow @PrplMnkyCupcake
More
Trump Jr "didn't know what he was doing was illegal" so not held accountable.
Crystal Mason didn't know voting while on probation was illegal, sentenced to 5 years in jail. This isn't right. #HoldTrumpJrAccountable
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:00 pm

I guess the DIL counts as one of the spawn? Sekrit Stuffs!
On Fox Business, Trump campaign official Lara Trump claims that "the downfall of Germany" was ..... [squints at notes] .... Merkel's decision to allow refugees into the country.

"It was one of the worst things that ever happened to Germany," she adds.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:49 pm

I can think of a few things that have happened in Germany that are worse. :brickwallsmall:

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:08 pm

General Eisenhower, for one.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:12 pm

:thumbs:

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:03 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:49 pm
I can think of a few things that have happened in Germany that are worse. :brickwallsmall:
Der Führer. Who our President seems to resemble in many ways.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:17 pm

I've been saying for a while there's no stupid quite like trump stupid and apparently it's spread by marriage license.
Goodwill has opened their Halloween Dept which makes it officially Halloween Season! :dance: ImageImageImage x4

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 08, 2019 4:15 pm

Jonathan Swan

Verified account

@jonathanvswan
Follow Follow @jonathanvswan
More
SCOOP: Republican-led Senate Intel Committee subpoenas Donald Trump Jr. over Russia matters. First congressional subpoena - we know of - for one of President Trump's children
https://www.axios.com/senate-intelligen ... gn=organic
Why it matters: It's the first congressional subpoena — that we know about — of one of President Trump's children. The subpoena sets up a fight that's unprecedented in the Trump era: A Republican committee chair pit against the Republican president's eldest son.

It's also a sign that the Russia investigations in Congress aren't over despite the conclusion of special counsel Robert Mueller's probe and despite Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell saying it's time to move on from the Russia probe.

A Senate Intelligence Committee spokesperson told Axios: "We do not discuss the details of witness engagements with the Committee. Throughout the investigation, the Committee has reserved the right to recall witnesses for additional testimony as needed, as every witness and witness counsel has been made aware."

Between the lines: Mueller, whose investigation did not find a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, did not indict Trump Jr., despite speculation that he would.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Ken Dilanian

Verified account

@KenDilanianNBC
2m2 minutes ago
More
NBC News has confirmed, per source with direct knowledge, that the Senate intelligence committee has subpoenaed Donald Trump Jr. First reported by @axios They want to ask him about his previous testimony re Trump Tower Moscow, among other things.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed May 08, 2019 4:31 pm

:boxing:

Will they try to stop it via executive privilege?

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed May 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Kendra wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Jr. isn’t entitled to claim executive privilege.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed May 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:58 pm
Kendra wrote:

My bad, I forgot to mark as sarcasm :bag:

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Wed May 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:58 pm
Kendra wrote:

I'll bet a virtual case of Red Stripe that Daddy tries, he'll tell him to just ignore it or something
Birfers are toast

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Wed May 08, 2019 6:03 pm

Is it possible that he's one of the 12 cases referred to other offices that we don't know about yet?
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:29 pm

same
CNN wrote: Published on 8 May 2019
The Senate Intelligence Committee has subpoenaed Donald Trump Jr. for him to return and testify again, and the committee is now at a standoff with President Donald Trump's eldest son, according to sources familiar with the matter.
One option Trump Jr. is considering in response to the subpoena is to invoke his Fifth Amendment rights, and another is just to not appear at all, according to one source.
Discussions for Trump Jr.'s testimony began several weeks ago before the Mueller report was released, the sources say. Trump Jr.'s team resisted giving testimony, in part, because the findings of the Mueller report were still not known.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNbQSJAofm8

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 am

My brother is a Manager at the Cliffs of Moher visitors center, and he said that Lara Trump was there a couple of weeks ago with her mother. No Drama, they just came and looked around and left, and he is extremely apolitical so he didn't care much anyway. Aside from the Secret service saying that they wanted to be totally inconspicuous with no attention paid to them, and him pointing out that they were turning up with 3 black SUVs and a Police car :daydream:
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am

Gregg wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:03 pm
Is it possible that he's one of the 12 cases referred to other offices that we don't know about yet?
Yes, it's possible. It's also possible that Trump has explicitly ordered Bill Barr to kill the case, or that Barr - being so very eager to please his master - took it upon himself to kill it. Or just put it on such a back-burner that it is functionally dead.

I've wondered if Mueller wanted to subpoena Junior. A tidy explanation for why he did not would have been if Junior's counsel advised Mueller's team that his client would respond to such a subpoena by invoking his Fifth Amendment rights.

It's generally considered unethical (if I recall correctly, the DC Bar has a specific rule forbidding it) to persist with compelling a witness to testify either publicly or before a grand jury once the witness has advised the party seeking the testimony that they intend to take Five. The reasoning behind that is fairly straightforward: While the Constitution may forbid inferring guilt from someone's choice to remain silent to avoid self-incrimination, obviously human experience and common sense tend to run counter to that mandate. Making someone you know is going to invoke take the stand regardless is seen as needlessly besmirching their reputation.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Thu May 09, 2019 9:01 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am

It's generally considered unethical (if I recall correctly, the DC Bar has a specific rule forbidding it) to persist with compelling a witness to testify either publicly or before a grand jury once the witness has advised the party seeking the testimony that they intend to take Five. The reasoning behind that is fairly straightforward: While the Constitution may forbid inferring guilt from someone's choice to remain silent to avoid self-incrimination, obviously human experience and common sense tend to run counter to that mandate. Making someone you know is going to invoke take the stand regardless is seen as needlessly besmirching their reputation.
That's a very handy rule, isn't it? Let people know you won't talk, get off scot-free.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu May 09, 2019 10:02 am

Azastan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:01 am
fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am

That's a very handy rule, isn't it? Let people know you won't talk, get off scot-free.
Uh, no. As a practical matter, telling prosecutors you're going to take Five is usually a pretty strong signal that there's some "there" there. Not to mention that the public reads such an invocation as an admission of guilt. Hence why a lot of people bite the bullet, testify falsely, and go down for lying to investigators when they should have invoked - Martha Stewart, Marion Jones, etc.

The alternative is dragging people to the witness stand or (and this used to happen a lot) putting them up before a congressional committee on national television knowing full well they are going to take Five for the sole purpose of embarrassing them with the "wink wink, nod nod everyone knows pleading the Fifth means you're guilty."

Listen, I get that there's a lot of desire to see members of the Trump family brought to account for their misdeeds. I share that desire. But not at the expense of shredding one of the most vital protections in the Constitution, the right not to be forced to incriminate yourself. If you want to know why I'm so militant about this, it's because I'm a criminal defense attorney at the trial level, and I see entirely too often the looks of "come on, really?" on people's faces at voir dire when I try to explain to them that they cannot infer guilt from my client's choice not to testify.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Thu May 09, 2019 10:26 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:02 am

Uh, no. As a practical matter, telling prosecutors you're going to take Five is usually a pretty strong signal that there's some "there" there. Not to mention that the public reads such an invocation as an admission of guilt. Hence why a lot of people bite the bullet, testify falsely, and go down for lying to investigators when they should have invoked - Martha Stewart, Marion Jones, etc.

The alternative is dragging people to the witness stand or (and this used to happen a lot) putting them up before a congressional committee on national television knowing full well they are going to take Five for the sole purpose of embarrassing them with the "wink wink, nod nod everyone knows pleading the Fifth means you're guilty."
So all the Trump family members will do the exact same thing.

Return to “Trump Administration”