I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

bob

Re: Mueller's investigation

Post by bob »

TexasFilly wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:23 pm
No longer a useful idiot, his Russian wife seems done with George:
His failing in CA-25's primary race certainly didn't improve the marital bliss.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

bob wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:32 pm
TexasFilly wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:23 pm
No longer a useful idiot, his Russian wife seems done with George:
His failing in CA-25's primary race certainly didn't improve the marital bliss.
Russian? I thought she was Eye-talian.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Ever hear her speak? I studied Italian and I've never heard any Italian who sounds like that.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

“Playing his wife”? Is that an admission, Russian lady?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Sterngard Friegen

TexasFilly wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:43 pm
Ever hear her speak? I studied Italian and I've never heard any Italian who sounds like that.
The Wik:
He married Simona Mangiante, an Italian lawyer who used to work for the European Parliament, in March 2018.[94][95] He had met her through Mifsud. During the months between his guilty plea and his sentencing, she became his public spokeswoman.[96] In a September 9 interview on This Week, she said she understands why the FBI was suspicious of her because her international background might have been considered a "red flag." She commented, "I always said I respect Mueller's interest in my profile because clearly it's quite alarming, the fact that I marry George Papadopoulos in the middle of this storm." George Papadopoulos said that even his family had been concerned that she might be "some sort of Russian spy," a concern he dismissed.[96]

On March 9, 2020 Simona announced she was divorcing Papadopoulos, calling him "a monster."[

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Yes we know Wikipedia is a reliable source!

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Judges rule Democrats should get Mueller evidence
It's a major win for House Democrats seeking to obtain more information from the Russia probe.
By JOSH GERSTEIN 03/10/2020 12:25 PM EDT

House Democrats scored a major legal victory as a federal appeals court panel granted them permission to access grand jury secrets from special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.

The 2-1 ruling from the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court decision in favor of the House’s ability to see the information deleted from the public version of Mueller’s final report.

The Justice Department could seek review by the full bench of the appeals court or the Supreme Court.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/1 ... nce-125008
The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 »

Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:51 pm
It's a major win for House Democrats seeking to obtain more information from the Russia probe.

House Democrats scored a major legal victory as a federal appeals court panel granted them permission to access grand jury secrets from special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.

The 2-1 ruling from the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court decision in favor of the House’s ability to see the information deleted from the public version of Mueller’s final report.

The Justice Department could seek review by the full bench of the appeals court or the Supreme Court.
The DC Court opinion:
https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/ ... 832741.pdf

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Jcolvin2 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:40 pm
Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:51 pm

The DC Court opinion:
https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/ ... 832741.pdf
Dissenting opinion by Circuit Judge RAO.
Color me SHOCKED.

Sterngard Friegen

Rao dissents. As Trump's most loyal sycophant judge she will be his next nominee to SCOTUS.

bob

Post by bob »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:54 pm
Rao dissents. As Trump's most loyal sycophant judge she will be his next nominee to SCOTUS.
:yeah:

A sufficient reason to vote against the impeached president, regardless of who is on the ticket.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Yes, I looked for that straight off. Does her dissent have any merit?

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

pipistrelle wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:01 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Yes, I looked for that straight off. Does her dissent have any merit?
None. Thomas Griffith (a G.W. Bush appointee) smacks her around a whole lot in his opinion.

Rao is a disgrace.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Addie

Post by Addie »

Cross-posting
Intelligence.house.gov - (Press Release): After Being Delayed by White House for Almost a Year, Transcripts from House Intelligence Committee Russia Investigation Released

Transcripts Reaffirm Mueller’s Findings That Russia Interfered to Hurt Clinton and Help Trump, the Campaign Invited and Made Full Use of Illicit Russian Help, and Trump Lied to Cover It Up White House Would Not Allow Release of All Transcripts for More Than a Year By Holding Up Declassification Process Until this Week

Washington, May 7, 2020

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Intelligence.house.gov: Russia Investigation Transcripts and Documents

Materials from the Committee's Investigation into Russian Active Measures

In 2017 and 2018, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) undertook an investigation into Russia’s interference campaign targeting the 2016 U.S. election. The Committee’s investigation came on the heels of an Intelligence Community assessment, which found:

“Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump.”

Democrats on the Committee affirmed that judgement, as did Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee. Throughout its investigation, the Committee uncovered significant evidence of Trump campaign efforts to seek, make use of, and cover up Russian help in the 2016 presidential election. To date, two witnesses have been convicted and sentenced to prison terms for lying and attempting to obstruct the Committee’s investigation.

Ultimately, this pattern of misconduct and deceit continued when President Trump once again sought to coerce a foreign government into providing him illicit assistance with his reelection campaign, this time from Ukraine. For his efforts, President Trump was impeached in the House and became the first ever U.S. President to to receive bipartisan votes to convict in the Senate.

As part of its commitment to transparency, today the Committee is releasing fifty-seven transcripts of witness interviews during the course of the Russia inquiry, as well as additional relevant material, so that every American can see the facts and decide for themselves ...
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Between this and Flint, it's been a totally depressing day. :(
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Addie

Post by Addie »

Cross-posting
WaPo: Trump administration asks Supreme Court to stop release of Mueller material

The Trump administration on Thursday asked the Supreme Court to temporarily block a ruling that requires the Justice Department to give Congress certain secret grand jury material from Robert S. Mueller III’s special counsel investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in March cleared the way for Congress to access certain secret evidence from Mueller’s investigation in one of a set of separation-of-powers lawsuits between House Democrats and the Trump administration.
Independent: Trump-Russia investigation: House releases long-awaited transcripts from closed-door interviews
The Hill: House panel releases long-awaited transcripts from Russia probe
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

If we were in ancient Rome, Robert Mueller would have slit his wrists in a warm bath last night like the defeated general that he is. I wonder how he can live with himself keeping quiet as all of his two years of work is undone by his putative "friend" Bill Barr. It's unforgivable.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Addie

Post by Addie »

Cross-posting
Reuters: U.S. chief justice puts hold on disclosure of Russia investigation materials

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Chief Justice John Roberts on Friday put a temporary hold on the disclosure to a Democratic-led House of Representatives committee of grand jury material redacted from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The block will remain in place while the court considers what action to take. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ruled in March that the materials had to be disclosed to the House Judiciary Committee and refused to put that decision on hold. The appeals court said the materials had to be handed over by May 11 if the Supreme Court did not intervene.

The committee’s lawyers have until May 18 to file their response to the Justice Department’s request to block the materials being immediately handed over, Roberts’ brief order said.

The Supreme Court on Tuesday is scheduled to hear another showdown between Trump and the House, this time over committee subpoenas seeking his financial documents from his accounting firm and two banks. On the same day, the court is also weighing an attempt by a New York grand jury to obtain Trump’s tax returns and related materials.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Re: Barr: The Republicans, especially Barr, must be confident they will hold the Senate and the White House, because if the Democrats swept the White House and both House and Senate, Bill Barr would have a ton of 'splaining to do and would, I hope, serve time for his in-your-face criminal behavior at the DO"J".

Addie

Post by Addie »

CNN: Mueller raised possibility Trump lied to him, newly unsealed report reveals

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Addie wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:54 pm
CNN: Mueller raised possibility Trump lied to him, newly unsealed report reveals
Mueller raised certainty Trump lied to him, newly unsealed report reveals

FIFY, Mueller.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

As Gomer Pyle use to say.... surprise, surprise, surprise!

When it's a way of life, you don't even know you're doing it.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Addie

Post by Addie »

New York Times: Mueller Report Details Highlight Trump’s Interest in Emails Damaging to Clinton

The Justice Department had kept the newly revealed information secret while it was investigating Roger Stone and released it in response to a lawsuit.

WASHINGTON — New details from the Justice Department’s inquiry into Russian influence over the 2016 election released on Friday underscored President Trump’s keen interest in weaponizing information stolen by the Russians and funneled to WikiLeaks for use against his 2016 opponent, Hillary Clinton.

The new disclosures also emphasized prosecutors’ doubts about whether Mr. Trump told them the truth when he was questioned during the two-year investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, into Russian interference in that election and whether the Trump campaign conspired with Moscow to influence its outcome.

Over all, however, the new information shed little new light on the special counsel’s inquiry that dominated the first two years of Mr. Trump’s presidency. It was released in response to a lawsuit claiming that the Justice Department’s redactions of sensitive information in the Mueller report violated the Freedom of Information Act.

Many of the disclosures confirmed information already revealed in media reports or in criminal cases against Mr. Trump’s former aides. The public record is replete with accounts of both the Trump campaign’s efforts to use purloined emails against Mrs. Clinton and the president’s attempts to frustrate the special counsel’s inquiry, including by dangling pardons before key witnesses and targets in hopes that they would not cooperate with law enforcement officials.

The newly released details deal principally with Mr. Trump’s friend and former campaign adviser Roger J. Stone Jr., who was convicted in November of lying to federal authorities, impeding a congressional inquiry and tampering with a witness. He has been sentenced to 40 months in prison.

Return to “Trump Administration”