Mueller's investigation

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 17970
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6626

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:33 pm

I wonder what the reply from Mueller will be, to have documents that are the basis for his investigation freely available. How can he prosecute when any potential jurors already know all details from the media?



TexasFilly
Posts: 17964
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6627

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:45 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:33 pm
I wonder what the reply from Mueller will be, to have documents that are the basis for his investigation freely available. How can he prosecute when any potential jurors already know all details from the media?
Surely you jest. Most Americans don't have any idea who Carter Page is, nor will they give a rat's ass. I see this more as another vindictive move to end the career of Bruce Ohr.


I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

User avatar
Turtle
Posts: 2679
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:27 pm
Occupation: SPACE FORCE COMMANDER

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6628

Post by Turtle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:04 pm




User avatar
much ado
Posts: 1484
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:56 am
Location: The Left Coast

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6629

Post by much ado » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Turtle wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:04 pm
So exactly what happens if the red line is crossed?



User avatar
Turtle
Posts: 2679
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:27 pm
Occupation: SPACE FORCE COMMANDER

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6630

Post by Turtle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:16 pm

much ado wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:12 pm
Turtle wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:04 pm
So exactly what happens if the red line is crossed?
Much disappointment and concern



Sunrise
Posts: 772
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6631

Post by Sunrise » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Turtle wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:16 pm

Much disappointment and concern
Um, is that anything like thoughts and prayers? :confused:


"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

User avatar
NMgirl
Posts: 3985
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:02 am

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6632

Post by NMgirl » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:42 pm

Sunrise wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:23 pm
Turtle wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:16 pm

Much disappointment and concern
Um, is that anything like thoughts and prayers? :confused:
Thoughts and prayers AND a sternly-worded letter.


Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

User avatar
kate520
Posts: 15210
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Dark side of the Moon
Occupation: servant of cats, chicken wrangler
Contact:

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6633

Post by kate520 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:49 pm

:lol: You beat me to it, NM.
Those sternly worded letters...


DEFEND DEMOCRACY

User avatar
woodworker
Posts: 2669
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6634

Post by woodworker » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:53 pm

It means that to the small extent that the intelligence community has not completely leaked anti-Trump crap, they now will. And they will cover their asses on every single issue they face by papering everything to the White House so that when bad shit happens, they can leak the warnings they sent to the White House, which of course the White House will have ignored.

Trump wants to keep bragging about his success with North Korea. So the intelligence community leaks the satellite photos of North Korea upgrading new nuclear facilities, etc. IMHO, the spooks know where ALL the bodies are buried.


Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

User avatar
fierceredpanda
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:04 pm
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6635

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:41 pm

woodworker wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:53 pm
It means that to the small extent that the intelligence community has not completely leaked anti-Trump crap, they now will. And they will cover their asses on every single issue they face by papering everything to the White House so that when bad shit happens, they can leak the warnings they sent to the White House, which of course the White House will have ignored.

Trump wants to keep bragging about his success with North Korea. So the intelligence community leaks the satellite photos of North Korea upgrading new nuclear facilities, etc. IMHO, the spooks know where ALL the bodies are buried.
:yeah:


"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

User avatar
Lani
Posts: 4073
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Some island in the Pacific

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6636

Post by Lani » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:26 am

Ken Dilanian

@KenDilanianNBC
In this Sept 13 speech, Nunes said the declassification Trumo ordered tonight was necessary so Republicans can campaign on the issue of Democrats 'corrupting" the DoJ and FBI.

Ken Dilanian

@KenDilanianNBC
Rep. Devin Nunes, who chairs the intelligence committee, says the Democrats have “corrupted” the Justice Dept. and FBI. https://youtu.be /JtSL9vdq24E via @YouTube
1:13 PM - Sep 17, 2018


Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 9011
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6637

Post by Chilidog » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:02 am

woodworker wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:53 pm
...IMHO, the spooks know where ALL the bodies are buried.
They also know who is having sex with those dead bodies (figuratively speaking (at least I hope so)).



User avatar
tek
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Happy Valley, MA
Occupation: Damned if I know

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6638

Post by tek » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:22 am

I'm hoping this results in an even more spectacular backfire then the previous "releases" ...


A truckload of bricks
In the soft morning light

User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 11071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6639

Post by Kendra » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:44 am


JUST IN: Asked for the actual presidential directive(s) referenced in the White House declassification-related statement, @PressSec Sanders told @BuzzFeedNews, "There isn't anything else, just the statement."



User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 9011
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6640

Post by Chilidog » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 am

Does this deserve its own thread?



User avatar
Tiredretiredlawyer
Posts: 7498
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Animal Planet
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6641

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 am

tek wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:22 am
I'm hoping this results in an even more spectacular backfire then the previous "releases" ...
The Nunes axiom: If Nunes thinks it helps Trump look innocent and anyone else look bad or guilty, then Trump will look bad or guilty.


"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Mr Pfister
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:23 pm
Location: Left Coast

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6642

Post by Mr Pfister » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:58 am

Chilidog wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:02 am
woodworker wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:53 pm
...IMHO, the spooks know where ALL the bodies are buried.
They also know who is having sex with those dead bodies (figuratively speaking (at least I hope so)).
Stormy may have felt like she was having sex with a dead body ...



User avatar
Addie
Posts: 28455
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:22 am
Location: downstairs

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6643

Post by Addie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am

New York Times
Trump’s Growing Legal Team Has a Problem: It’s Operating Partly in the Dark

WASHINGTON — Nearly a dozen lawyers now assist President Trump in contending with two federal investigations, one in Washington and one in New York, that could pose serious threats to his presidency and his businesses. But the expanding legal team is struggling to understand where the investigations could be headed and the extent of Mr. Trump’s legal exposure.

The lawyers have only a limited sense of what many witnesses — including senior administration officials and the president’s business associates — have told investigators and what the Justice Department plans to do with any incriminating information it has about Mr. Trump, according to interviews with more than a dozen people close to the president.

What is more, it is not clear if Mr. Trump has given his lawyers a full account of some key events in which he has been involved as president or during his decades running the Trump Organization. ...

The sense of unease among the president’s lawyers can be traced, in part, to their client. Mr. Trump has repeatedly undermined his position by posting on Twitter or taking other actions that could add to the obstruction case against him. But those close to the president also blame the strategy pursued by the first head of his legal team, John Dowd, to cooperate fully with Mr. Mueller while negotiating few concessions.


¡Sterngard! come home.

User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 10835
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6644

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 am

I think one absolute certainty in all that is that his lawyers are totally in the dark and that LaRump hasn't been even remotely honest with them, for one thing, I don't think he is even capable of doing so.


The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 11071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6645

Post by Kendra » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:20 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 am
I think one absolute certainty in all that is that his lawyers are totally in the dark and that LaRump hasn't been even remotely honest with them, for one thing, I don't think he is even capable of doing so.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/18/us/p ... wyers.html



User avatar
AndyinPA
Posts: 2219
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6646

Post by AndyinPA » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:47 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 am
I think one absolute certainty in all that is that his lawyers are totally in the dark and that LaRump hasn't been even remotely honest with them, for one thing, I don't think he is even capable of doing so.
The new lawyers haven't yet learned the lesson that lawyers for him did in business: always meet with him in pairs, never alone, since he lied so much.



User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 10835
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6647

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:58 am

AndyinPA wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:47 am
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 am
I think one absolute certainty in all that is that his lawyers are totally in the dark and that LaRump hasn't been even remotely honest with them, for one thing, I don't think he is even capable of doing so.
The new lawyers haven't yet learned the lesson that lawyers for him did in business: always meet with him in pairs, never alone, since he lied so much.
I can't imagine what good meeting in pairs would do, he lies, he lies a lot and continually, he can't not lie, he also can't keep his lies straight. I wonder, too, also, if they were smart enough to get paid up front.


The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
AndyinPA
Posts: 2219
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6648

Post by AndyinPA » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:58 am
AndyinPA wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:47 am
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 am
I think one absolute certainty in all that is that his lawyers are totally in the dark and that LaRump hasn't been even remotely honest with them, for one thing, I don't think he is even capable of doing so.
The new lawyers haven't yet learned the lesson that lawyers for him did in business: always meet with him in pairs, never alone, since he lied so much.
I can't imagine what good meeting in pairs would do, he lies, he lies a lot and continually, he can't not lie, he also can't keep his lies straight. I wonder, too, also, if they were smart enough to get paid up front.
:rotflmao:



User avatar
Sam the Centipede
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6649

Post by Sam the Centipede » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:38 pm

And the other lesson: get paid up front, or the dishonest shitbag will stiff you.



User avatar
SLQ
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Mueller's investigation

#6650

Post by SLQ » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:33 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:58 am
AndyinPA wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:47 am
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 am
I think one absolute certainty in all that is that his lawyers are totally in the dark and that LaRump hasn't been even remotely honest with them, for one thing, I don't think he is even capable of doing so.
The new lawyers haven't yet learned the lesson that lawyers for him did in business: always meet with him in pairs, never alone, since he lied so much.
I can't imagine what good meeting in pairs would do, he lies, he lies a lot and continually, he can't not lie, he also can't keep his lies straight. I wonder, too, also, if they were smart enough to get paid up front.
It’s not to make trump tell the truth. It’s to protect the attorneys from liability for the lies. Another lawyer in the room can testify that they warned him to tell the truth.


"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Post Reply

Return to “Trump Administration”