Mueller's investigation

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Mueller's investigation of Trump

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 am

If Mueller is interested in the Access Hollywood tape in the Michael Cohen email, I have a theory.

The Access Hollywood tape was almost immediately overwhelmed in that day's news cycle by the release of more Wikileaks emails. Did Cohen ask someone at Wikileaks to release those emails on that day? (It was also the day the Obama Administration issued what in any other campaign would be a bombshell -- that Russia was interfering actively in our election.)

If Cohen asked Wikileaks to release emails on that day, that's not only "collusion" but it is proof of a conspiracy to use foreign assets to aid the Trump campaign.

Mueller's team had to know what they were looking for. I bet they already have this information from another source but needed to get it confirmed from Cohen's records.

Fiona

Post by Fiona » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 am
If Mueller is interested in the Access Hollywood tape in the Michael Cohen email, I have a theory.

The Access Hollywood tape was almost immediately overwhelmed in that day's news cycle by the release of more Wikileaks emails. Did Cohen ask someone at Wikileaks to release those emails on that day? (It was also the day the Obama Administration issued what in any other campaign would be a bombshell -- that Russian was interfering actively in our election.)

If Cohen asked Wikileaks to release emails on that day, that's not only "collusion" but it is proof of a conspiracy to use foreign assets to aid the Trump campaign.

Mueller's team had to know what they were looking for. I bet they already have this information from another source but needed to get it confirmed from Cohen's records.
If your theory is correct...wow.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:13 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:

The Access Hollywood tape was almost immediately overwhelmed in that day's news cycle by the release of more Wikileaks emails. Did Cohen ask someone at Wikileaks to release those emails on that day? (It was also the day the Obama Administration issued what in any other campaign would be a bombshell -- that Russian was interfering actively in our election.)

When I read yesterday that Mueller is after documents related to the Access Hollywood tape, my reaction was: What sort of "documents" could there possibly be?

But your theory makes sense. And I hope it's correct (I think).

Am I being detained?

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:17 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:

I think that sounds plausible. And I also think that if that is indeed what happened, there’s a good chance that there would be emails to say that. That’s because I don’t think any of these people knew that getting Russia involved in the campaign was illegal. I think it’s possible that they knew and didn’t care, but I think it’s more likely that they didn’t know. And because they didn’t know, they likely left a trail.

Didn’t somebody (Roger stone? - Can’t remember) say something about Podesta’s emails a couple weeks before they were made public? They’re probably looking for an email from Cohen to Stone, or one of his henchmen, saying something like “pull the trigger.”

ETA: and the reason I say they didn’t know is because I think they’re stupid, they think that the law doesn’t apply to them, and it doesn’t ever occur to them to ask the basic fundamental question before doing anything, which is: is this legal?

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:19 am

Alex Bolton

@alexanderbolton

Senate Judiciary Chairman Grassley says there will be a committee discussion and vote on bill to protect Mueller in two weeks (April 26)
9:10 AM - Apr 12, 2018
Two weeks? Who knows what Trump will get up to in those two weeks.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:20 am

Steven's theory was posted on a few Twitter feeds late last night as well. Who can forget teh Donald gleefully telling Wikileaks to release the emails?

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

June bug

Post by June bug » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:33 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:20 am
Steven's theory was posted on a few Twitter feeds late last night as well. Who can forget teh Donald gleefully telling Wikileaks to release the emails?
Ruh roh. I see trouble comin' this way... :sterngard:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 am

Could that explain Feinstein and Grassley looking appalled?

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 am

June bug wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:33 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:20 am
Ruh roh. I see trouble comin' this way... :sterngard:
OH NOOOOES! My kindle was upgraded and autocorrect is on. I shall now turn it off. I am in :sterngard: 's deep dungeon fer shur after I questioned whether he had more pretend $$$ than Bezos. I'm :oops: :oops: :oops:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:09 am

It's all good, TRL. We'll let you off with a dozen lashes this time. :bighug:

Hopefully, this will blossom into a snowball.
WWG1WGA

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:20 am

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:28 am

Wait, that's two dozen lashes. :blink:

Hopefully, this will blossom into a snowball.
WWG1WGA

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:29 am

/s/ and /s/

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:31 am

Foggy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:28 am
Wait, that's two dozen lashes. :blink:
You can cut them in half and save some for the next victim. :kiss:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Fiona wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 am

If your theory is correct...wow.
My peripheral vision took in your avatar as the same moment I read your "wow" comment. It made me laugh.

ImageImageImage x4

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Foggy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:09 am
Seems lenient until you find out what kind of lashes they are.
a_dozen_lashes.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Image Image Image Image Image

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:37 pm

:rotflmao:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:24 pm

:?

Kaitlan Collins

@kaitlancollins

Spotted: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein leaving the White House.
12:10 PM - Apr 12, 2018

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Estiveo wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:36 pm
Foggy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:09 am
Seems lenient until you find out what kind of lashes they are.

a_dozen_lashes.jpg
:nooo:

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:44 pm

Axios
Mike Pompeo confirms interview by Mueller investigation

During his Secretary of State confirmation hearing Thursday morning, CIA Director Pompeo told senators that he has been interviewed by Special Counsel Bob Mueller, although he would not reveal the contents of those conversations. NBC News first reported on the interview back in January.

The backdrop: Pompeo reportedly took part in a White House a meeting last March during which President Trump asked whether he could intervene in the FBI's Russia investigation, per The Washington Post. During his hearing, Pompeo denied the suggestion that Trump asked him to do anything "improper" regarding the investigation.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 pm

"Nothing improper." Sure. Asking the CIA Director to interfere with a criminal investigation was an obstruction of justice and part of one of the counts of the impeachment accusation against Nixon.

Pompeo better have told the Mueller investigators the truth, because they probably already have it from several other participants.

On a related topic: No Senator thought to ask Pompeo if he agreed with Trump that the United States' worsening relationship wtih Russia was caused, in part, by the Mueller investigation. That would have tied the investigation to Pompeo's new job and would have been a question he would be expected to answer.

I would have loved to see Pompeo squirm.

Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:52 pm
My theory is that Trump and Cohen conspired to use campaign funds to make the payment. The HELOC was just a ruse to hide that.
Bank fraud, wire fraud, and campaign finance violations apply to both of them.
Trump is in a total panic because there will be a paper trail and others who were involved.
Seems very plausible, venality is Trump's signature dish after all. But my own guess would be that Ms Daniels, and probably many others, received her payoff from the charitable Donald J. Trump Foundation. There were mistresses to silence long before he became the presidential candidate, and Cohen probably had records of these payments, neatly stapled to copies of pregnancy tests, NDA's, etc.

Hopefully it's a felony to misdirect ring-fenced charitable funds towards such purposes, and if the transactions have been falsified in the Foundation's accounts then the trustees are also in hot water. I'm building a castle in the sky here, but Trump's downfall could end up being his petty greed... :thumbs:

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:47 pm
Chilidog wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:52 pm
My theory is that Trump and Cohen conspired to use campaign funds to make the payment. The HELOC was just a ruse to hide that.
Bank fraud, wire fraud, and campaign finance violations apply to both of them.
Trump is in a total panic because there will be a paper trail and others who were involved.
Seems very plausible, venality is Trump's signature dish after all. But my own guess would be that Ms Daniels, and probably many others, received her payoff from the charitable Donald J. Trump Foundation. There were mistresses to silence long before he became the presidential candidate, and Cohen probably had records of these payments, neatly stapled to copies of pregnancy tests, NDA's, etc.

Hopefully it's a felony to misdirect ring-fenced charitable funds towards such purposes, and if the transactions have been falsified in the Foundation's accounts then the trustees are also in hot water. I'm building a castle in the sky here, but Trump's downfall could end up being his petty greed... :thumbs:
My understanding is the Trump "Foundation" isn't anything like a reputable foundation with trustees, etc. It was run by the family, like everything else, IIRC. Which is even better when it comes to illegal activities - nobody else has to get burned, just the Trump clan and maybe Cohen.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:22 pm

NBC News

@NBCNews

NEW: Talks between Trump legal team and Mueller’s office to arrange an interview with the president were upended after FBI raid on president's personal attorney, sources familiar with matter tell @NBCNews.
https://
nbcnews.to/2HvrSr8

2:56 PM - Apr 12, 2018
Trump realizing that he won't be able to talk his way out of this? ;)

Return to “Trump Administration”