Mueller's investigation of Trump

Notorial Dissent

Re: Mueller's investigation of Trump

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:30 pm

What Chilidog and Mike said!!!!!! Oh yeah.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:05 pm
I mean think about it for a second.

Why would either of them spend a dime of their own money if they thought that they could get away with using campaign cash.

After all, he never expected to win. And who looks at the disclosure reports, anyway?

It totally fits their personalities to have done this.
Trump’s defense to the campaign finance charge will be just like his defense to the pee tapes, only instead of saying “everyone knows I’m a germophobe,” he’s going to say, “everyone knows I don’t pay my bills, so Cohen clearly did this on his own without any expectation he’d be paid back!”

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:12 pm

I think there is enough evidence for obstruction of justice charges to stick on Trump. Just a gut reaction. Will think up reasons later.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:12 pm
I think there is enough evidence for obstruction of justice charges to stick on Trump. Just a gut reaction. Will think up reasons later.
Could it be that he is on Twitter every day trying to obstruct justice?

"Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal.' "

-Steve Martin

much ado

Post by much ado » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:54 pm

But to a trumpophiliac, "obstruction of justice" is an abstract, intellectual concept, difficult to grasp. They don't see Trump's actions as obstructing justice. The whole Mueller investigation is an INjustice. Trump is just obstructing an INjustice. Everyone would want to do that. I mean, if you saw an injustice being done, wouldn't you want to obstruct it? You would, wouldn't you?

The defense rests.

They have a better understanding of bank fraud. It's like stealing cookies from a cookie jar, except it's money.

A man needs a reason to go shopping; a woman just needs a place. - much ado
(prompted by daughter ado's enthusiasm to visit a mall with no specific goal)

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:35 am

much ado wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:54 pm
But to a trumpophiliac, "obstruction of justice" is an abstract, intellectual concept, difficult to grasp. They don't see Trump's actions as obstructing justice. The whole Mueller investigation is an INjustice. Trump is just obstructing an INjustice. Everyone would want to do that. I mean, if you saw an injustice being done, wouldn't you want to obstruct it? You would, wouldn't you?

The defense rests.

They have a better understanding of bank fraud. It's like stealing cookies from a cookie jar, except it's money.
he calls it "fighting back"

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:42 am

What’s known and documented of Trump’s dealings over the decades he’s been in the public eye - narcissism, his oh, what to call his womanizing, it’s so much more than that, lying, stiffing, criminal behavior, threatening, money laundering, dicey loans - don’t lead me to believe he didn’t have anything more to do with the Russian meddling than being a useful dufus. What, no one took him aside in over thirty years of doing business to warn him he was being played by the Russians, to beware? Of course they did and he ignored them or didn’t care or believed he’d outsmarted them. Or joined them, since he’s bent that way.

I simply do not believe anyone who has done so much business with Russian gangsters was unaware that everyone around him had Russian ties.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

much ado

Post by much ado » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:37 am

Turtle wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:35 am
:snippity:
:snippity:
Exactly. Obstruction of justice charges may be a winner legally, but not politically. Bank fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, and campaign finance violations are much better politically. (Especially if money can be traced to Russia.) They just need to be linked to Trump himself.

I hope there's a trail.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:54 am

kate520 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:42 am
What’s known and documented of Trump’s dealings over the decades he’s been in the public eye - narcissism, his oh, what to call his womanizing, it’s so much more than that
He's basically a slut.

much ado

Post by much ado » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:01 am

Somerset wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:54 am
kate520 wrote:
What’s known and documented of Trump’s dealings over the decades he’s been in the public eye - narcissism, his oh, what to call his womanizing, it’s so much more than that
He's basically a slut.
What the hell is wrong with the trumpistas!? Why don't they see that??

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:40 am

much ado wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:01 am
Somerset wrote:
kate520 wrote:
He's basically a slut.
Maybe because they want to be the next Stormy?

much ado

Post by much ado » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:26 am

maydijo wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:40 am
much ado wrote:
Somerset wrote:

He's basically a slut.
Why would anyone want to be the next Stormy?
I meant why would anyone support a person with the morals of a slut? And I mean a real slut here, not just "slut" used as a derogatory epithet.
Or perhaps I didn't understand...

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:49 am

much ado wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:26 am
maydijo wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:40 am
much ado wrote:

Why would anyone want to be the next Stormy?
I meant why would anyone support a person with the morals of a slut? And I mean a real slut here, not just "slut" used as a derogatory epithet.
Or perhaps I didn't understand...
I honestly think at least some of the Trumpistas have a crush on him and would love to sleep with him. They probably wouldn't want the payout because they'd want to tell all their nearest and dearest that they were deemed "worthy" of his affections. The guy's one helluva charmless, ugly idiot, but by all accounts he's always found willing partners so it would appear there are women out there who would literally do anyone for a bit of reflected glory.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:45 am

much ado wrote:
Somerset wrote:
kate520 wrote:
He's basically a slut.
I think the see it, they understand it, and they're perfectly OK with it.

These are folks who believe that a guy who fucks lots of women is a stud and worthy of admiration, but a woman who makes love with more than one guy is morally degenerate and worthy of scorn.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:08 am

maydijo wrote:Maybe because they want to be the next Stormy?
No, my gal Stormy is the one who had sex with him once and said "Ew, no thanks" to any repeat performances. Trumpanzees want to be Karen McDougal.

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you're trying to say?
:think:
#pasta

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 am

I blame the addiction to reality teevee and not connecting that actions on the teevee have unseen consequences in real life, that is, blustering on Twitter and teevee is what passes for presidential, then people die in Syria.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:21 am

much ado wrote:
For a lot of people, race and class trump gender. Trump represents and ideal within their subculture and that is more important to them than how he treats other people of their gender.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:34 am

OK, this thread has gotten weird and a little bit nauseating

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:55 am

Volkonski wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:39 pm
https:// twitter.com/ABC/status/984163920897236992
ABC News @ABC

Press Sec. Sanders tells @jonkarl that Russia's actions and the special counsel's Russia investigation have both hurt U.S. relations with Russia and are "bad for America."
https://abcn.ws/2GUecZF

3:18 PM - Apr 11, 2018
Bad for Trump at least.

This seems to be a new WH argument point, that the Mueller investigation is bad for US-Russia relations.
:doh: and the sanctions (forced by Congress) upon Russian oligarchs don't matter at all...

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:02 am

Turtle wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:35 am

J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
So much Fake News about what is going on in the White House. Very calm and calculated with a big focus on open and fair trade with China, the coming North Korea meeting and, of course, the vicious gas attack in Syria. Feels great to have Bolton & Larry K on board. I (we) are

12:38 - 11 Apr 2018
https:// twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/984020136255541248
[/quote]

I don't think Larry Klayman made it on board (yet) :?: ;)

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:45 am

If I wanted to fire Robert Mueller in December, as reported by the Failing New York Times, I would have fired him. Just more Fake News from a biased newspaper!

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:55 am

So defensive. A confident leader he is not.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 am

If Mueller is interested in the Access Hollywood tape in the Michael Cohen email, I have a theory.

The Access Hollywood tape was almost immediately overwhelmed in that day's news cycle by the release of more Wikileaks emails. Did Cohen ask someone at Wikileaks to release those emails on that day? (It was also the day the Obama Administration issued what in any other campaign would be a bombshell -- that Russia was interfering actively in our election.)

If Cohen asked Wikileaks to release emails on that day, that's not only "collusion" but it is proof of a conspiracy to use foreign assets to aid the Trump campaign.

Mueller's team had to know what they were looking for. I bet they already have this information from another source but needed to get it confirmed from Cohen's records.

Fiona

Post by Fiona » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 am
If Mueller is interested in the Access Hollywood tape in the Michael Cohen email, I have a theory.

The Access Hollywood tape was almost immediately overwhelmed in that day's news cycle by the release of more Wikileaks emails. Did Cohen ask someone at Wikileaks to release those emails on that day? (It was also the day the Obama Administration issued what in any other campaign would be a bombshell -- that Russian was interfering actively in our election.)

If Cohen asked Wikileaks to release emails on that day, that's not only "collusion" but it is proof of a conspiracy to use foreign assets to aid the Trump campaign.

Mueller's team had to know what they were looking for. I bet they already have this information from another source but needed to get it confirmed from Cohen's records.
If your theory is correct...wow.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:13 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 am

The Access Hollywood tape was almost immediately overwhelmed in that day's news cycle by the release of more Wikileaks emails. Did Cohen ask someone at Wikileaks to release those emails on that day? (It was also the day the Obama Administration issued what in any other campaign would be a bombshell -- that Russian was interfering actively in our election.)

When I read yesterday that Mueller is after documents related to the Access Hollywood tape, my reaction was: What sort of "documents" could there possibly be?

But your theory makes sense. And I hope it's correct (I think).

Am I being detained?

Return to “Trump Administration”