Volkonski

Re: Mueller's investigation of Trump

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 pm

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Oh Bannon has decided Trump is fucked, so he's lit a match. Meaning he read his 10 free WaPo articles and said "Oh. Shit."

Whether this manure is true or not thats the obvious conclusion. The King Rat has jumped overboard, chucking dynamite.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 pm

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Suranis wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:56 pm
Oh Bannon has decided Trump is fucked, so he's lit a match. Meaning he read his 10 free WaPo articles and said "Oh. Shit."

Whether this manure is true or not thats the obvious conclusion. The King Rat has jumped overboard, chucking dynamite.
So why would Bannon dis describe Breitbart as not legitimate? What's in it for him?

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

June bug

Post by June bug » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 pm
Sounds as though it's probably about Nunes' subpoena and nasty letter...maybe some explanation to Ryan of why they haven't complied?

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm
So why would Bannon dis describe Breitbart as not legitimate? What's in it for him?
No idea, but he didn't exactly say that. He just described other sources as "more legitimate." Of course, Bannon could actually be rather dense.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:18 pm

June bug wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 pm
Sounds as though it's probably about Nunes' subpoena and nasty letter...maybe some explanation to Ryan of why they haven't complied?
I was hoping more along the lines of: "You have the power as Speaker to boot this asshole from his chairmanship, here's a billion reasons why you should do that right fucking now."

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

June bug

Post by June bug » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:26 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:18 pm
June bug wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 pm
I was hoping more along the lines of: "You have the power as Speaker to boot this asshole from his chairmanship, here's a billion reasons why you should do that right fucking now."
I'd like to think you're right. Politico reports the meeting had to do with Nunes' document "request", likely re: the dossier. That's what makes me think Rosenstein and Wray don't want to hand it over yet, but don't feel Nunes will accommodate and so are trying their rationale on Ryan.
Politico wrote:A second person familiar with the meeting said it was related to a document request issued over the summer by House intelligence committee chairman Devin Nunes.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Wray: Mr. Speaker, we can take this jerk out tomorrow, but we thought it would be in your best interest to do it yourself.

Ryan: Are you threatening the Speaker of the House?

Wray: No, don't be silly. We're threatening Devin Nunes. We're offering you a free chance to cut your losses, that's all.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Foggy wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 pm
Wray: Mr. Speaker, we can take this jerk out tomorrow, but we thought it would be in your best interest to do it yourself.

Ryan: Are you threatening the Speaker of the House?

Wray: No, don't be silly. We're threatening Devin Nunes. We're offering you a free chance to cut your losses, that's all.
:rotflmao:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Guess who won't be getting a pardon if he's indicted.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:21 pm

:yankyank:

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 am

Suranis wrote:

The Mercers were paying Bannon handsomely but quit doing so after his involuntary departure from 45's admin.

The Mercers were funding Breitbart even more handsomely and continued to do so.

Bitter, perhaps.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:15 am

DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 am
Suranis wrote:

The Mercers were paying Bannon handsomely but quit doing so after his involuntary departure from 45's admin.

The Mercers were funding Breitbart even more handsomely and continued to do so.

Bitter, perhaps.
I would say bitter, sour, and petulant are the hallmarks of his life, you can see it all over his face. He is not a happy or satisfied man.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:47 am

Offhand, I'd say a fifth of bourbon

Sluffy1

Post by Sluffy1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:07 am

Offhand, I'd say a fifth of bourbon
Same reason Jamoke comes out as Jumos...

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:21 am

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... ng-justice
"Fox & Friends" co-host Brian Kilmeade complained Wednesday about the reported racial makeup of special counsel Robert Mueller's grand jury, saying that the grand jury isn't even "demographically pursuing justice" because of its reported lack of white men.

Kilmeade referred to an anonymous source who told the New York Post that the grand jury room looked like a 'Black Lives Matter rally' or an event for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.). The source said that the only white man in the room was the prosecutor himself.

"So it's not even emblematic of something that might be, perhaps, demographically pursuing justice," the host said.
Video at the link.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:55 am

I've never understood the mystery around Bannon. It's pretty obvious when you consider his megalomania, obnoxiousness, and verbosity. Like Rick James said, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:06 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:55 am
I've never understood the mystery around Bannon. It's pretty obvious when you consider his megalomania, obnoxiousness, and verbosity. Like Rick James said, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."
He reminds me of Andrew Breitbart himself. Just another overweight, obnoxious, hateful loud mouth who will probably die from a heart attack from all the loathing he does.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 am

A lawsuit against Bannon by Charles Harder for Trump would be an epic SLAPP. And fairly quickly dismissed, with attorney's fees to Bannon.

Hell, I'd take the case on for the contingent fees. (And the deposition of Trump, of course. There's even a table available for that deposition in Rancho Santa Margarita.)

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:05 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 am
A lawsuit against Bannon by Charles Harder for Trump would be an epic SLAPP. And fairly quickly dismissed, with attorney's fees to Bannon.

Hell, I'd take the case on for the contingent fees. (And the deposition of Trump, of course. There's even a table available for that deposition in Rancho Santa Margarita.)
Rude, very rude, you could sell tickets even.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:16 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 am

:mememe: I volunteer as co-counsel!

Return to “Trump Administration”