Mueller's investigation of Trump

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Re: FBI investigation of Trump

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri May 19, 2017 8:24 am

Cooool!!!!
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri May 19, 2017 10:53 am

CNN
Robert Mueller gets to work ...

Mueller's process

Mueller will start with reviewing existing files and talking to the agents who have been on the case. Then he will collect facts and piece together the time line as he sets his investigative strategy. There could be a variety of records, emails, texts, and maybe even recordings.

If past is precedent, he will work his way up to those who are more centrally involved, something that could take months and leave the Trump administration under somewhat of a shadow.

"He will have the opportunity to interview witnesses at a pace he decides is appropriate and, if necessary, he will have the power to immunize witnesses and present evidence to a grand jury," Ben-Veniste said. ...

The two men whom he brings with him bring different qualities.

Aaron Zebley was Mueller's chief of staff at the FBI. He also worked as the senior counselor in the National Security Division and knows his way around the Justice Department. Zebley earned his law degree in 1996 from the University of Virginia School of Law and an undergraduate degree from the College of William and Mary.

James Quarles has spent the last several years at a private firm focusing on complex litigation matters and management, but it's how his career started that might prove critical. Like Ben-Veniste, Quarles worked on the Watergate Special Prosecution Force, for which he served as an assistant special prosecutor.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri May 19, 2017 10:57 am

Mother Jones: The Flynn Scandal Explodes: What This Means and How It Happened: A timeline of all the bizarre twists and turns.
¡Qué vergüenza!

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Fri May 19, 2017 11:37 am

Joe Lieberman will add nothing to the FBI investigation.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri May 19, 2017 12:21 pm

TollandRCR wrote:Joe Lieberman will add nothing to the FBI investigation.
Joe Lieberman is Trump flipping a stubby middle finger at the FBI.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri May 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Another hundred year old white man - who'd a thunk it?
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:24 pm

TollandRCR wrote:Joe Lieberman will add nothing to the FBI investigation.
All I can think of is the Dirty Harry movie where Harry is interviewing the new inspectors. He asks them all "Tell me about your best felony arrest." Then when Tyne Daily doesn't have a felony arrest, he asks "Well, then tell me about your best misdemeanor arrest."

Someone ought to channel Dirty Harry and ask Lieberman about his his best felony case. Then when he doesn't have one, ask about his best misdemeanor case.
"Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal.' "

-Steve Martin

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Wikipedia entry about Lieberman's NY law firm was edited yesterday.
Lachlan Markay‏Verified account
@lachlan
Someone edited Wikipedia to remove Trump from Joe Lieberman's law firm's list of clients. Check out the same acct's last edit, 1 of 2 others
DAKCEeQVwAEPoj8.jpg
On Twitter, the smart money is on Stephen Miller as the editor/culprit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:22 pm

LIEberman will add a comfortable level of obfuscation to any investigation. That's his contribution.
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Mohammed Ali

much ado

Post by much ado » Fri May 19, 2017 2:25 pm

The Wiki page is protected now (until June 1) to block the removal of Trump's name.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:38 pm

LIEberman will add a comfortable level of obfuscation to any investigation. That's his contribution.
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Mohammed Ali

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Fri May 19, 2017 2:49 pm

Off Topic
A touch OT. Remember this letter that Kasowitz wrote to the NYTimes during the election?
DemandForRetraction.jpg
Ah, how I mourn the loss of those innocent days when Trump was merely notorious as a serial sex abuser instead of a traitor to his and our country.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri May 19, 2017 3:22 pm

WaPo
Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

The law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest, showing that the probe is reaching into the highest levels of government, according to people familiar with the matter.

The senior White House adviser under scrutiny by investigators is someone close to the president, according to these people, who would not further identify the official.

The revelation comes as the investigation also appears to be entering a more overtly active phase, with investigators shifting from work that has remained largely hidden from the public to conducting interviews and using a grand jury to issue subpoenas. The intensity of the probe is expected to accelerate in the coming weeks, the people said.

The sources emphasized that investigators remain keenly interested in people who previously wielded influence in the Trump campaign and administration but are no longer part of it, including former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former campaign chairman Paul Manafort.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri May 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Good grief, this shit-streaming ignoramus. :dazed:

New York Times
Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.” ...

The White House document that contained Mr. Trump’s comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.

Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account.
¡Qué vergüenza!

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Fri May 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Addie wrote:Good grief, this shit-streaming ignoramus. :dazed:
Yes, and isn't it wonderful how consistent he is?
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Addie wrote:WaPo
Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

:snippity:
My money is on Kushner.
"Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal.' "

-Steve Martin

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri May 19, 2017 3:42 pm

There are so many to choose from. I first said Kushner, too, but then I said Bannon, then Sessions, Priebus, Wilbur Ross. Where do you stop? :swoon:
Dan1100 wrote:

My money is on Kushner.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri May 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Dan1100 wrote:

My money is on Kushner.
Ooooooooooooooooooooh!

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Fri May 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Addie wrote:There are so many to choose from. I first said Kushner, too, but then I said Bannon, then Sessions, Priebus, Wilbur Ross. Where do you stop? :swoon:
Dan1100 wrote:
My money is on Kushner.
Or Tillerson maybe? :confused:
Birfers are toast

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Fri May 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Dan1100 wrote:

My money is on Kushner.
That's what my husband said! (I initially thought Bannon). Mr. Filly, accustomed to the world of corporate ratfuckery, opines that Flynn was engaging in major money laundering for the Russians, and doing so through Trump businesses. When I pointed out that Trump and Flynn only met in 2015, his response was "that's what they claim." Maybe it's a bit CT, but it does explain Trump's great and continuing concern with Flynn. I have yet to get him to flesh out his Kushner theory, but I will update.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I never repeat myself. I never repeat myself. Trump 2/25/16

much ado

Post by much ado » Fri May 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Addie wrote:
New York Times
“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
Isn't that a prima facie admission of obstruction of justice? Just wondering... :-

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Fri May 19, 2017 4:20 pm

The other question is, who inside that inner circle is leaking? Fascinating.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I never repeat myself. I never repeat myself. Trump 2/25/16

much ado

Post by much ado » Fri May 19, 2017 4:21 pm

TexasFilly wrote:The other question is, who inside that inner circle is leaking? Fascinating.
Palace intrigue... Who has the most to gain?

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Fri May 19, 2017 4:35 pm

much ado wrote:
TexasFilly wrote:The other question is, who inside that inner circle is leaking? Fascinating.
Palace intrigue... Who has the most to gain?
Pence?

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri May 19, 2017 4:36 pm

McClatchy
Trump-Russia probe now includes possible cover-up, Congress is told

WASHINGTON

Investigators into Russian meddling in the U.S. presidential elections are now also probing whether White House officials have engaged in a cover-up, according to members of Congress who were briefed Friday by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

That avenue of investigation was added in recent weeks after assertions by former FBI Director James Comey that President Donald Trump had tried to dissuade him from pressing an investigation into the actions of Trump’s first national security adviser, retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, members of Congress said, though it was not clear whom that part of the probe might target.

Even as members of Congress were mulling over the expansion of the case into possible cover-up, and its reclassification from counterintelligence to criminal, the scandal appeared to grow. The Washington Post reported Friday afternoon that federal investigators were looking at a senior White House official as a “significant person of interest.” The article did not identify the official, though it noted that the person was “someone close to the president.” ...

Cover-ups have traditionally been a major part of investigations that have threatened previous administrations. Articles of impeachment levied against Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton included allegations of obstruction of justice, as they were suspected of trying to hide other wrongdoing.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Return to “Trump Administration”