Mueller's investigation

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Mueller's investigation

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Apparently Corsi was being asked questions about connections with Nigel Farrage. I recall Farrage visiting the Ecuadorian Embassy and totally denying that he was there to visit the only person there worth visiting. But unless there's some sort of connection with Farrage to the Russians, I feel like that sort of questioning might be seen as Mueller going astray.

:think:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:10 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:35 pm
fierceredpanda wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:27 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:42 am
🎶Do you believe in magic?🎶 Magical thinking convinces a client that if the other person heard the client's side of things, the clouds would part and a judge/jury voice would loudly proclaim innocence and righteousness or grant custody, all the property, alimony, and throw the ex in the slammer for mere existence.
You literally just described like 75% of my clients. The amount of billable hours (frequently at Wisconsin's outrageously low Public Defender private bar appointed rate of $40/hour) I spend explaining things like "no, the prosecutor won't just dismiss the case once they hear why you had to do what you did because of what an awful life you have had" adds up to, I am certain, a massive chunk of my hours worked in a given calendar year.
Of course, there is the ever popular, "I've had only 5 beers but I'm not drunk" and its many variations that are the prelude to many field sobriety tests.
Completed it for you. Prime example, Dan! :thumbs:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Big grain of salt, but a girl can still dream right? :daydream:

MSNBC: Jerome Corsi arrived at 30 Rock earlier today for an interview but never left his vehicle after his attorney received a phone call from Special Counsel Mueller's office. Corsi's attorney said “shut it down," and then immediately departed.

Media has begun to set up cameras and equipment outside of the federal courthouse in Washington, D.C.

They have been told a grand jury will convene shortly associated with the Mueller investigation.

(Note: Michael Cohen is also in town with his legal team)

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:23 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:54 pm
Mark me down as :confused: about these RWNJ Twitter accounts going dark. I can't make the connection with Mueller's investigation :?: Help.
The only reason I can come up with for a public entity to delete all its tweets is to make it harder for individuals to search its twitter history. That's harder, not impossible, and corporate lawyers should fully realize that, even if clients have the wrong idea that deleting = forever gone. Too, also, a mass deletion is faster and easier than searching the tweet history and performing selective deletions.

The Library of Congress until fairly recently was archiving all tweets. Further, researchers and individuals can access an API that permits them to bulk download tweets for research purposes. So I doubt this has anything dirctly to do with potential legal issues. It's probably just to prevent all but the most fiercely dedicated from perusing these twitter histories and re-posting stuff to embarrass or ridicule them.
I've heard this bull before.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Kendra wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:17 pm
Big grain of salt, but a girl can still dream right? :daydream:

MSNBC: Jerome Corsi arrived at 30 Rock earlier today for an interview but never left his vehicle after his attorney received a phone call from Special Counsel Mueller's office. Corsi's attorney said “shut it down," and then immediately departed.

Media has begun to set up cameras and equipment outside of the federal courthouse in Washington, D.C.

They have been told a grand jury will convene shortly associated with the Mueller investigation.

(Note: Michael Cohen is also in town with his legal team)
Having computer issues, can't copy, but Anna Schecter's tweets coincide with what TRT posted. She's a producer at NBC. Worth a read. @annaschecter
Goldie reports the party a success and all zombies inebriated eliminated.
ImageImageImage x4

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:39 pm

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:54 pm

People on the twitter thingy have pointed out that Drudge’s account is on auto-delete. Dunno if time or # tweets is the factor. As to the rest, speculation is rife! That Fox et al have received subpoenas/cease and desist orders (for what?) are the most popular.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

tek

Post by tek » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:37 pm

IMHO, Corsi is spinning a tale for the rubes.
There's no way back
from there to here

Lani

Post by Lani » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:39 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:41 pm
Apparently Corsi was being asked questions about connections with Nigel Farrage. I recall Farrage visiting the Ecuadorian Embassy and totally denying that he was there to visit the only person there worth visiting. But unless there's some sort of connection with Farrage to the Russians, I feel like that sort of questioning might be seen as Mueller going astray.

:think:
Farrage was buddies with some disinformation Russian types during Brexit and showed up in the US during the 2016 campaign. I think I posted about it over 2 years ago.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:43 pm

tek wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:37 pm
IMHO, Corsi is spinning a tale for the rubes.
Certainly, but have you ever heard or read him? He is a rube.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:20 pm

It's paywalled, but the Wall Street Journal says Mueller is looking at indicting Roger Stone for witness intimidation with respect to Randy Credico.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Loren

Post by Loren » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Corsi’s lawyer, David Gray, started a GoFundMe campaign eight days ago, with a goal of raising a legal defense fund of $100,000.

To date, it has raised just $200. All from a single donation.

https://www.gofundme.com/jerome-corsi-defense-fund

Mr Pfister

Post by Mr Pfister » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Loren wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:32 pm
Corsi’s lawyer, David Gray, started a GoFundMe campaign eight days ago, with a goal of raising a legal defense fund of $100,000.

Can we donate a Single Red Cent?
Asking for a ...

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:41 pm

No doubt the $200 is seed money on loan to the fund.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Loren wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:32 pm

The comments!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:45 pm

Someone just kicked in another $5. Was that you, Kendra? :P
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:50 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:45 pm
Someone just kicked in another $5. Was that you, Kendra? :P
nope.

nugget

Post by nugget » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Paranoid Zullo should be arrested for slander.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Jeff Flake attempting to grow a pair at the last minute.
Phil MattinglyVerified account @Phil_Mattingly

.@JeffFlake announces on the floor he has informed McConnell he will not for any judicial nominees on the floor or in the Judiciary Committee until the Mueller protection bill gets a floor vote

Phil MattinglyVerified account @Phil_Mattingly

Flake: "I have informed the Majority Leader that I will not vote to advance any of the 21 judicial nominees pending in the Judiciary Committee, or vote to confirm the 32 judges awaiting a confirmation vote on the floor, until S. 2644 is brought to the full Senate for a vote."
1:22 PM - 14 Nov 2018
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/stat ... 2617140229
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:40 pm

So brave, that Jeff Flake. You know, he could have done that before he was a lame duck. Or when SCOTUS nominations were up. But no. Because he's bipartisan, dontchaknow?

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:54 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:40 pm
So brave, that Jeff Flake. You know, he could have done that before he was a lame duck. Or when SCOTUS nominations were up. But no. Because he's bipartisan, dontchaknow?
So brave ... after the blue wave and after Az elected a democratic senator.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Law & Crime
Mystery Robert Mueller Opponent Previously Thought to Be Trump Files Lengthy Sealed Document

Remember that Politico think-piece from a couple of weeks ago, in which a former federal prosecutor wondered if President Donald Trump had already been subpoenaed by special counsel Robert Mueller and was secretly litigating that behind the scenes? One legal expert clearly told Law&Crime why that was a “bogus” idea. However, the identity of this person has remained elusive.

Just like that, though, the “mystery appellant” has returned to the stage — but they’re still hiding behind the curtain.

According to federal court records, this person challenging a subpoena filed a “sealed 6,487-word brief” with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia on Wednesday. Judge Beryl Howell is presiding over the case. ...

Who is this person? The aforementioned former federal prosecutor, Nelson W. Cunningham, pointed out that there were a lot of odd things going on here, particularly the speed these appeals have been traveling at through the courts and the special attention they’ve been receiving.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Addie wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:14 pm
According to federal court records, this person challenging a subpoena filed a “sealed 6,487-word brief” with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia on Wednesday. Judge Beryl Howell is presiding over the case.
Howell is the chief judge for the D.D.C. (United States District Court for the District of Columbia).

Which is not an appellate court, such as the D.C. Cir. (United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit). Or the D.C. Ct. App. (District of Columbia Court of Appeals). :torches:
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:23 pm

That could be sloppy reporting. Or both could be true. There could be an interlocutory appeal to the DC Circuit and Judge Howell is presiding at the trial court level.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

bob

Post by bob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:25 pm

SLQ wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:23 pm
That could be sloppy reporting. Or both could be true. There could be an interlocutory appeal to the DC Circuit and Judge Howell is presiding at the trial court level.
Yes: Howell is presiding over the case of the mystery grand jury witness, in the D.D.C. Which has been appealed, remanded, and appealed again. It is presently with the D.C. Cir.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Return to “Trump Administration”