Trump's Trade Follicy

MsDaisy

Re: Trump's Trade Follicy

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:01 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:07 pm
Unless the bailout subsidies match at least par with what the farmers would have made on a timely and good sale of their crops and then includes the interest for what they didn't get over the time until they actually get paid, THEY ARE ROYALLY AND TOTALLY SCREWED. Most of them are already well and truly screwed since they live year to year on their sales, and no sales means no paying the bank back and all the things that go with it. First they are going to have to come up with the money and then get it out, and if the gov't moves at even its normally glacial pace. IT WILL BE TOO LATE.
Yeabut... If that does happen it will be because of obstructionist Democrats and definitely not be Trump's fault, then fox will make shit up and swear to it.
Birfers are toast

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Yeah, I can already see the "Pelosi made me lose my farm" ads.
The girls prepare for our Jaws drive(way)-in movie tonight. ImageImageImage x4

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:12 pm

U.S. stocks rise as bullish earnings, retail sales offset trade issues for now

The Dow Gains 74 Points Because the U.S. Consumer Is Strong

US STOCKS-Wall St higher on strong retail sales data

Dow's nearly 100-point climb led by gains for Walmart, Visa shares
Just a sample of the headlines on the Yahoo Dow site a couple of hours ago

The Dow as I write this? -83 points.

Ya.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:53 am
Farmers continue to back Trump, even as he destroys their livelihood, because fear of the other -- brown skinned people, non-white Christians, non-Christians, LGBTQs, and international banksters -- is greater than the pain they feel as they lose their farms.

Idiots.
No fear of darkies as long as they know their place in the fields.
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Reuters
China to counter latest U.S. tariffs as Trump vows deal on U.S. terms

BEIJING/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - China on Thursday vowed to counter the latest U.S. tariffs on $300 billion of Chinese goods but called on the United States to meet it halfway on a potential trade deal, as U.S. President Donald Trump said any pact would have to be on America’s terms.

The Chinese finance ministry said in a statement that Washington’s tariffs, set to start next month, violated a consensus reached between Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping at a June summit in Japan to resolve their disputes via negotiation.

In a separate statement, China’s foreign ministry spokeswoman, Hua Chunying, said, “We hope the U.S. will meet China halfway, and implement the consensus of the two heads of the two countries in Osaka.”

China hopes to find mutually acceptable solutions through dialogue and consultation on the basis of equality and mutual respect, she added.

Trump, who is seeking re-election in 2020 and had made the economy and his tough stance on China a key part of his 2016 campaign for the White House, on Thursday said any agreement must meet U.S. demands.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:49 pm

MsDaisy wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:01 pm
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:07 pm
Unless the bailout subsidies match at least par with what the farmers would have made on a timely and good sale of their crops and then includes the interest for what they didn't get over the time until they actually get paid, THEY ARE ROYALLY AND TOTALLY SCREWED. Most of them are already well and truly screwed since they live year to year on their sales, and no sales means no paying the bank back and all the things that go with it. First they are going to have to come up with the money and then get it out, and if the gov't moves at even its normally glacial pace. IT WILL BE TOO LATE.
Yeabut... If that does happen it will be because of obstructionist Democrats and definitely not be Trump's fault, then fox will make shit up and swear to it.
They haven't done anything at all at this point. The proposal of $70 is just that nothing happening, and it won't even be a drop in the bucket. It's already too late for most of those farms.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:54 am

Donald Trump links Hong Kong crisis to trade as more protests loom this weekend
15 August 2019 12:50 AFP
by Jerome Taylor

Donald Trump on Wednesday urged China to “humanely” resolve the violent stand-off with pro-democracy protestors in Hong Kong, as concerns grow that Beijing is considering direct intervention in the crisis.

In a series of tweets, the US president linked a possible trade deal with Beijing to a peaceful resolution to the political unrest that has roiled the semi-autonomous Chinese city for 10 weeks.

Washington has become increasingly alarmed by the build-up of Chinese security forces on the border with HongKong as the protests show no signs of abating and Beijing intensifies its drumbeat of intimidation against a movement pushing democratic reforms and a halt to sliding freedoms.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/08/15/d ... m-weekend/

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:30 am

Bloomberg
Trump’s Oil Sanctions Leave Russian Exporters $1 Billion Richer

U.S. President Donald Trump’s sanctions against Iran and Venezuela have inadvertently increased demand for a Russian brand of crude oil, boosting revenues for the nation’s exporters.

Russian oil companies received at least $905 million in additional revenues between November and July, data compiled by Bloomberg show. The calculation is based on difference between the Urals spread to the Brent benchmark over the period compared to the five-year average.

The sanctions added to a jump in demand for Russian crude in the wake of output cuts from the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries and their partners. As a result, Russia’s Urals blend of crude has started to regularly trade at a premium to Brent.

“There is a shortage of competing heavier, sourer crude right now as a result of sanctions on Iran and Venezuela, but also because of OPEC+’s current production cut agreement,” Konstantsa Rangelova, analyst at JBC Energy, said by email. “Urals in the Mediterranean is at an all-time high.”

The Bloomberg calculations are based on terminal data, oil loading programs for Russian ports and information from a trader monitoring S&P Global Platts oil assessments. The estimate doesn’t include any of the overall effect on Brent prices from Trump’s policies or the OPEC+ deal, just the shift in relative prices. ...

Russia’s total oil export revenues totaled $58.5 billion in the first half of the year, according to the Federal Customs Service. Last year’s revenues reached $129 billion.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Addie wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:30 am
Bloomberg
Trump’s Oil Sanctions Leave Russian Exporters $1 Billion Richer

U.S. President Donald Trump’s sanctions against Iran and Venezuela have inadvertently increased demand for a Russian brand of crude oil, boosting revenues for the nation’s exporters.

Russian oil companies received at least $905 million in additional revenues between November and July, data compiled by Bloomberg show. The calculation is based on difference between the Urals spread to the Brent benchmark over the period compared to the five-year average.

Sometimes the simplest explanation really is the best explanation.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:57 pm

I posted this article on my FB with the question of what percentage is clown's grift on the deal?

....[/quote]
[/quote]

Sometimes the simplest explanation really is the best explanation.
[/quote]

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:11 pm

Cross-posting

Market Watch
The trade war is already lost, Trump is doomed and this investment is about to go ‘ballistic,’ strategist says
‘This is going to be the inflationary recession, there’s no way out and it’s a political disaster for Trump because the recession is going to start before he finishes this term, which means he won’t have a second term.’
That’s Euro Pacific Capital’s Peter Schiff explaining to Fox Business following the Dow Jones Industrial Average’s DJIA, +1.20% nasty plunge on Wednesday how he sees this turbulent market ultimately playing out.

“The dollar DXY, +0.06% is going to go through the floor and it’s going to take the bond market with it and the next crisis, it’s not subprime mortgages, it’s going to be in the Treasury market,” he added.

Read: Stocks rise as bullish earnings, retail sales offset trade issues

In his latest podcast, Schiff detailed his outlook as to why he sees gold GC.1, -0.72% , which has already risen about 20%, rallying hard from here.

“This trade war is lost,” he said. “The only question is when do we surrender and how do we admit defeat. Again, I don’t think we’re going to get any kind of deal.”

With the mainstream buzzing with recession fears, Schiff points out that investors are calling for the Fed to cut rates and go back to quantitative easing. But, he warned, this won’t have the impact of prior QEs, where everybody makes money.

“Everybody is weakening their currency to create more inflation,” Schiff, a longtime gold bug, said. “Well, what’s going to happen? The world is going to drown in an ocean of inflation and gold is going ballistic.”

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Addie wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:11 pm
Cross-posting

Market Watch
The trade war is already lost, Trump is doomed and this investment is about to go ‘ballistic,’ strategist says

“Everybody is weakening their currency to create more inflation,” Schiff, a longtime gold bug, said. “Well, what’s going to happen? The world is going to drown in an ocean of inflation and gold is going ballistic.”
IIRC, Schiff is one of those guys who has called 30 of the last 3 recessions.

I've noticed some new precious metals pushing on youtube lately. Can the dinar be far behind? :smoking:
Am I being detained?

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:58 pm

I've got my stash of Ameros.

Lani

Post by Lani » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:19 pm

He's a libertarian and a gold fanatic. However, during the run up to the '08 recession, he was right about gold prices massively increasing. (Because a stopped clock....) Of course, companies sold gold at top retail prices to people and offered far below scrap value to people selling.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I still watch the precious metals market for fun because - JMHO - it shows when people are getting the financial jitters. Gold was about $1300/oz when Trump was inaugurated. So far in 2019 it's jumped from about $1278/oz to $1515. The silver price in January 2018 is about the same today.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 am

Chilidog wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:58 pm
I'm still holding on to my dong. :blink:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

HST's Ghost

Post by HST's Ghost » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:23 am

Foggy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 am
Chilidog wrote:
If you ever wanted to be a millionairre, come visit me and will have a nice banh mi together...

https://www.google.com/search?q=dollar+to+dong
Sekrit Stuffs!
Either give me more wine or leave me alone. - Rumi

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:57 am

Foggy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 am
Chilidog wrote:
TMI

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:14 pm

Sure, but can you still get a bang for your buck?
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:29 am

U.S. Steel plans to lay off hundreds of workers in Michigan

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u-s- ... SKCN1V91XQ
In a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification filed on Aug. 5, the Pittsburgh-based company said it expects to let go fewer than 200 workers following its decision to halt production at the Michigan facility.

In mid-June, the company said it would idle two blast furnaces at its Great lakes and Gary Works plants, citing lower steel prices and softening demand.

U.S. Steel said the lay-offs at the Michigan plant could last beyond six months. They will impact nearly every area of the facility, from blast furnace to finishing operations, a company spokeswoman told Reuters.

The lay-offs call into question claims President Donald Trump has made about the resurgence of the domestic steel industry. Last week in Pennsylvania, Trump said his 25% tariff on foreign imports has turned a “dead” business into a “thriving” enterprise.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:02 am

Cue the interviews with the laid-off trump supporters who will still vote for the guy because "he knows what he's doing."

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:18 am

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:37 am

Opportunity to sell US pork to Asian markets. Too bad China is not buying US agricultural products in response to Trump tariffs.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:46 am

Andddddddd, the Trump administration has just gotten rid of a bunch of scientists in the Department of Agriculture. The link in the tweet has a great deal of information about issues with vaccines to attempt to eradicate swine viruses.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:50 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:37 am
Opportunity to sell US pork to Asian markets. Too bad China is not buying US agricultural products in response to Trump tariffs.
What? Do away with my bacon supply? You seditionist. :eek2:
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:56 pm

And Trump has all the best pigs, too.

Return to “Trump Administration”