Who's going to be the NEXT one to be underbussed?

Who is next to get the ax?

Alex Azar, Health and Horrible Services
No votes
Stephen Miller, Senior Adviser for Bad Policy
4%
Jared Kushner, Prince of the Realm
1%
Kellyanne Conway, Yappin' Fool
No votes
Dr. Benjamin Carson, Secretary of Sleepy Housing and Urban Destruction
No votes
Mike Pompeo, Secretary of Stating Bullshit
13%
Mick Mulvaney, Acting Cheap of Staff
53%
Joseph Maguire, Director of National Stupidity
1%
Chris Wray, Misdirector of the Federal Bureau of Investimagation
11%
Jimmy Down the Hall
17%

Total votes: 72

Sam the Centipede

Re: Who's going to be the NEXT one under the bus?

Post by Sam the Centipede »

foilwatcher wrote:I'm staying with Spicey as the next victim. He has the look of someone teetering on the edge of a breakdown. He'll take himself out to save his sanity. Kellyann stays until the ship is almost under. When she bails you know it's curtains for for the SCROTUS.
Does no-one consider the innocent victims? :crying: When Spicer goes we lose Melissa McCarthy's skits on SNL! And not only do we lose the pure joy of those skits, we also lose the deep schadenfreude of imagining the frustration and rage that they create in the White House.

I voted Priebus on the basis that having a degree of political insight is probably a disadvantage in dealing with Bizarro White House.

Addie

Post by Addie »

I haven't been able to bring myself to vote yet for that reason. Every time I move to check him off, I stop myself. :cantlook:
Mikedunford wrote:That said, I actually don't want to see Priebus go. He's the closest thing to adult supervision in the White House right now.
Democracy is a garden that has to be tended. -Barack Obama

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Addie wrote:I haven't been able to bring myself to vote yet for that reason. Every time I move to check him off, I stop myself. :cantlook:
Mikedunford wrote:That said, I actually don't want to see Priebus go. He's the closest thing to adult supervision in the White House right now.
Which is exactly why he'll be next on the hit list.
Birfers are toast

tek

Post by tek »

well, if/when Spicer goes I'm sure we can get at least one more SNL skit with Spicer in a bar ;)

Or maybe at Comet PingPong :P
There's no way back
from there to here

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Sam the Centipede wrote:
foilwatcher wrote:I'm staying with Spicey as the next victim. He has the look of someone teetering on the edge of a breakdown. He'll take himself out to save his sanity. Kellyann stays until the ship is almost under. When she bails you know it's curtains for for the SCROTUS.
Does no-one consider the innocent victims? :crying: When Spicer goes we lose Melissa McCarthy's skits on SNL! And not only do we lose the pure joy of those skits, we also lose the deep schadenfreude of imagining the frustration and rage that they create in the White House.

I voted Priebus on the basis that having a degree of political insight is probably a disadvantage in dealing with Bizarro White House.
SNL is creative enough Spicey doesn't need to keep his job. How about these scenarios: Spicey the outraged(or saddened) ex-employee who gives interviews to anyone who will listen and unknowingly leaking classified info. Spicey in a confessional unwittingly confessing to Putin. Spicey as the new, go to "expert" on all the talk shows. Spicey meeting Conway/JakeTapper/George Stephanopoulos a la Deep Throat (double entendre intended) and getting burned each time.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Addie

Post by Addie »

New York Mag
Breitbart Blames Priebus for All of the Trump Administration’s Problems

In this day of wild events in the Trump White House, featuring the resignation of National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and all sorts of finger-pointing from the president on down, one pointed finger requires some attention. It’s wielded by breitbart.com’s Matthew Boyle, or perhaps his close-to-POTUS sources, and it’s aimed right at White House chief of staff Reince Priebus.

In Breitbart World, Priebus is identified with the “GOP establishment forces inside President Donald Trump’s White House [who] forced out National Security Adviser retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn,” so there could be an element of simple factional payback here. But Boyle goes on to blame Priebus for basically all the trouble the new administration is encountering in trying to impose its will on Washington and the country at large.

You might think Priebus would be well below, say, Stephen Bannon and Stephen Miller and Donald McGahn on the list of people responsible for the chaos surrounding the abruptly released travel ban on January 27. But no:

Reince is responsible, ultimately, for the rollout of the immigration executive order,” one source said. “He failed to get [Attorney General Jeff] Sessions on the calendar in the Senate in time for what he knew would be a highly controversial executive order. He was supposed to be this wizard in dealing with congressional Republicans, but has not been successful in getting anything serious done.
Adding:
CNN: Steve Bannon 'livid' with Breitbart over Priebus report
Salon: Breitbart, Roger Stone declare war on Steve Bannon, Reince Priebus after ousting of Michael Flynn
Democracy is a garden that has to be tended. -Barack Obama

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Addie wrote:New York Mag

Reince is responsible, ultimately, for the rollout of the immigration executive order,” one source said. “He failed to get [Attorney General Jeff] Sessions on the calendar in the Senate in time for what he knew would be a highly controversial executive order. He was supposed to be this wizard in dealing with congressional Republicans, but has not been successful in getting anything serious done.

On the flip side (and I still think he will be next): if he gets booted, who will be the expert in dealing with congressional Republicans? Not one of the people currently in the White House has any sway over Congress either.

jmj

Post by jmj »

What about white house counsel Don McGahn. He's getting a fair amount of attention in this whole Flynn fiasco. He looks like he could become a convenient fall-guy. I voted for Spicer for now though.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I switched to Kellyanne. I think she may be damaged beyond repair.

Bonus prediction is a gig on Faux News.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Reality Check wrote:I switched to Kellyanne. I think she may be damaged beyond repair.
Indeed... but that's not a bug in this administration, it's a feature. 8-)
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Reality Check wrote:I switched to Kellyanne. I think she may be damaged beyond repair.
She's not looking too viable at the moment, is she? The talk shows don't want her on anymore, poor thing.

I'm still sticking with ol' Reince, though.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Addie wrote:New York Mag
Breitbart admits that the Shit Gibbon administration has problems?

Hmmm, ve make progrrressss....
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Azastan wrote:
She's not looking too viable at the moment, is she? The talk shows don't want her on anymore, poor thing.

Kellyanne is wearing much, much less makeup. What's up with that? Trying to look invisible to teh Donald?
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.

rpenner

Post by rpenner »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Azastan wrote:

Kellyanne is wearing much, much less makeup. What's up with that? Trying to look invisible to teh Donald?
WORST. Jurasssic Park Film. EVER.

Tiredretiredlawyer

rpenner wrote:
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Azastan wrote:

WORST. Jurasssic Park Film. EVER.
:rotflmao:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

There's a rather juicy article at the Daily Mail right now about the Flynn jettisoning, as well as the ongoing turmoil at the White House. It is claimed that Flynn and his even whack jobbier son are claiming that it was all a grand conspiracy by "foreign powers" to disrupt the White House power structure. That alone took out a whole generation of irony meters. I do understand now why Flynn was chosen, being a ranking military and very vocal critic of Obama's policies. He may have been good at his job once upon a time, but it sounds like he really went off the rail before he ultimately got fired. It also sounds like the crazy is genetic as the son is worse than he is.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

June bug

Post by June bug »

Notorial Dissent wrote:There's a rather juicy article at the Daily Mail right now about the Flynn jettisoning, as well as the ongoing turmoil at the White House. It is claimed that Flynn and his even whack jobbier son are claiming that it was all a grand conspiracy by "foreign powers" to disrupt the White House power structure. That alone took out a whole generation of irony meters. I do understand now why Flynn was chosen, being a ranking military and very vocal critic of Obama's policies. He may have been good at his job once upon a time, but it sounds like he really went off the rail before he ultimately got fired. It also sounds like the crazy is genetic as the son is worse than he is.
:gotalink:

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

jmj wrote:What about white house counsel Don McGahn. He's getting a fair amount of attention in this whole Flynn fiasco. He looks like he could become a convenient fall-guy. I voted for Spicer for now though.

I think he's a "poor flunky" right now.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

June bug wrote:
Notorial Dissent wrote:There's a rather juicy article at the Daily Mail right now about the Flynn jettisoning, as well as the ongoing turmoil at the White House. It is claimed that Flynn and his even whack jobbier son are claiming that it was all a grand conspiracy by "foreign powers" to disrupt the White House power structure. That alone took out a whole generation of irony meters. I do understand now why Flynn was chosen, being a ranking military and very vocal critic of Obama's policies. He may have been good at his job once upon a time, but it sounds like he really went off the rail before he ultimately got fired. It also sounds like the crazy is genetic as the son is worse than he is.
:gotalink:
I think this is the article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... andal.html

June bug

Post by June bug »

Thanks, Azastan. You linked a good article but it doesn't include this part of what Notorial said that particularly interested me:
It is claimed that Flynn and his even whack jobbier son are claiming that it was all a grand conspiracy by "foreign powers" to disrupt the White House power structure.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Mike Flynn’s Access to Classified Information Suspended

The Defense Intelligence Agency has suspended the security clearance it granted to former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn's in the latest blow to the embattled retired general.

DIA spokesman James Kudla said the suspension took effect Tuesday night. That was one day after Flynn resigned after it was revealed that he had misled White House officials about his contacts with the Russian ambassador.

"We thought it was prudent to take a pause on his access to classified information," Kudla said, given "all the questions" around Flynn's conduct. He declined to be more specific.

Officially, Kudla said, the DIA was examining Flynn's "compliance with intelligence community security clearance directives."

More at the link.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mik ... ed-n721481
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro »

Why should he have any access at all? Am I missing something here?
In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Skip Intro wrote:Why should he have any access at all? Am I missing something here?
Um, yeah.

Why would he still have access if he's resigned?

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Skip Intro wrote:Why should he have any access at all? Am I missing something here?
So he can make millions as a consultant, of course.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Azastan wrote:
Um, yeah.

Why would he still have access if he's resigned?
Good question. I looked it up. From military.com:
Eventually, the time comes for many of us to evaluate the marketability of the skills, qualifications, and experiences we have gained through government service. We hope a prospective employer will appreciate our proven leadership abilities, sharp intellect, and valuable training – fortunately, many do. One of the most valuable, and perpetually underestimated, qualifications that many of us bring to the table is our active security clearances. Today, thousands of employers are in a desperate hunt for cleared individuals to support a myriad of government agencies and programs.

:snippity:

A government security clearance requires a periodic reinvestigation every 15 years for a “confidential” clearance, every 10 years for “secret,” and every 5 years for “top secret.” When a clearance is inactivated (because of switching jobs or leaving the military), it can be fairly easy to reinstate within the first 24 months, as long as that falls within the periodic reinvestigation window. After that, it becomes significantly more difficult. In other words, if your clearance is going to lapse, it is important for you to consider some options to reactivate it within the first two years.
http://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/se ... xpire.html
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Return to “Trump Administration”