Who's going to be the NEXT one under the bus?

Who is next to get the ax?

Gen. John Kelly, White House Chief of Staph Infections
5%
Stephen Miller, Senior Adviser for Bad Policy
No votes
Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, Attorney Generable
16%
Jared Kushner, Prince of the Realm
2%
Kellyanne Conway, Yappin' Fool
2%
Sarah H. Sanders, Official Lying Sack of Crap
2%
Don McGahn, Crooked Shyster for the Crook in Chief
24%
Dr. Benjamin Carson, Secretary of Sleepy Housing and Urban Destruction
No votes
Rod Rosenstein, Deputy Attorney Generable
12%
Jimmy Down the Hall
38%

Total votes: 58

Kendra

Re: Who's going to be the NEXT one under the bus?

Post by Kendra » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:54 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:50 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:54 pm
I’m sticking with Sessions for now. I think that Trump holds him ultimately responsible for all the legal stuff going on.
I think it was in his rant on the Cohen raid that he once again mentioned how pissed off he was cause Sessions recused himself.
Yes.

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Jimmy's at 1:5 odds with the London bookies now.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Kendra wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:09 pm
CNN is reporting Trump is seriously considering firing Rosenstein.
Sure, that wouldn’t make him look guilty, would it?

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:47 pm
maydijo wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:12 pm
Dammit! I never win. No pretend-money for me. Good thing you don't charge pretend-money to vote, Foggy, or I'd be pretend-bankrupt.
Same here!!! :bighug:
Since we're both always wrong let's go with, Definitely not Trump, Trump is in it for the long haul, he will absolutely not be the next one to go.

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:43 pm

While Jimmy is the crowd favorite I'm switching my vote to Rosenstein. All of Trump's great advisors on Fox are demanding it. Tomorrow would be a good bet, I think.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Skip Intro wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:43 pm
While Jimmy is the crowd favorite I'm switching my vote to Rosenstein. All of Trump's great advisors on Fox are demanding it. Tomorrow would be a good bet, I think.
I'm sick about this. Not that Trump would do it — although if he's so innocent why does he act so, so guilty about everything? anyway, his thumbing his nose at the law is expected — but that Congress will not do anything to protect rule of law.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:48 pm

It's a well oiled machine over there.
“HE’S SITTING THERE BITCHING AND MOANING’’: INSIDE TRUMPWORLD, ALLIES FEAR THE BOSS COULD GO POSTAL AND FIRE MUELLER
Trump’s friends say the president is “dry tinder” awaiting a match. Meanwhile, his latest hires are already creating new management nightmares for John Kelly.
BY GABRIEL SHERMAN APRIL 10, 2018 12:48 PM
There have been times during Robert Mueller’s investigation—Mueller’s subpoenaing of Trump business records, for instance—when White House advisers worried Trump seemed on the verge of triggering a constitutional crisis by firing Mueller, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, or Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. The stunning Cohen raid is another one of these moments. “He’s sitting there bitching and moaning. He’s brooding and doesn’t have a plan,” a Republican close to the White House said last night. “I could see him having a total meltdown and saying, ‘Fuck it, I’m firing all of them,’” a Trump friend told me. “This is very dry tinder. If someone strikes a match to it, you could see it catching fire,” added a former official.
The structure Kelly had imposed on the West Wing has now been mostly swept away. According to two Republicans close to the White House, Trump told Bolton and recently appointed economic adviser Larry Kudlow that they report directly to him, signaling a return to the freewheeling, open-door structure Trump favors. Whether intentional or not, Trump has effectively stripped Kelly of his authority. “It’s the Scaramucci situation,” another former official pointed out. “Trump just said, ‘You work for me.’” Already, there have been flash points, conflicts beneath the level of Trump’s attention. According to sources, Bolton told Kelly he wanted to replace N.S.C. spokesman Michael Anton, but Kelly resisted. Bolton overruled him. “Bolton said to Kelly, ‘The president told me to get rid of anyone he thinks is a leaker. If you’re going to stop this then you’ll own every leak coming out of the N.S.C.,’” a person briefed on the conversation said.

Kelly also resisted Bolton’s request to remove N.S.C. official Ylli Bajraktari, who had worked as an assistant to the deputy secretary of defense during the Obama administration and was close to H.R. McMaster. Conservatives have accused Bajraktari of leaking the story that Trump ignored instructions not to congratulate Vladimir Putin on winning his election. (A source familiar with the discussions said Bolton was not responsible for Anton and Bajraktari’s departures, and that the two, as McMaster allies, had been planning to leave. The source added that they were not leakers. “It’s just not true,” the source said.)
Kudlow has also tangled with Kelly. Recently, according to sources, Kudlow told press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders that he would like his own press person. Sanders explained that the press office could handle his media and that he didn’t need a dedicated person. “Larry was like, I’m not asking for permission,” a person briefed on the conversation said. When Kelly found out about Kudlow’s request, he blocked it. Kudlow, according to sources, didn’t force the issue with Kelly. But he wasn’t happy about it. “Larry was like, what the fuck does this guy know about the economy?” a person who spoke with him said.
So far, Trump seems content with his new sharp-elbowed advisers, but several people I spoke with question how long the honeymoon will last. Friends of Kudlow have warned him not to do much television for fear of inciting Trump’s jealousy. “You can’t outshine the master. The minute you tell Trump you’re good on TV, you’re done,” the first former official said. And Bolton’s hawkishness could be too much even for Trump. “Trump’s still suggesting to people that Bolton is a war-party person. He didn’t really want to pick Bolton, but he wanted to change headlines that weekend,” a friend said, referring to the Stormy Daniels 60 Minutes interview. “I think Trump gives him a short leash.” The beneficiaries of these shifting power dynamics may be Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump. With Kelly no longer blocking them from the Oval Office, they have a freer hand than they’ve had in months. But for now, with Mueller circling, both seem to be keeping their heads down. Jared recently declined to work on a White House initiative. “I don’t want to get involved. Everyone just accuses me of conflicts,” he told a Republican.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/04 ... re-mueller

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:48 pm
It's a well oiled machine over there.
“HE’S SITTING THERE BITCHING AND MOANING’’: INSIDE TRUMPWORLD, ALLIES FEAR THE BOSS COULD GO POSTAL AND FIRE MUELLER
Trump’s friends say the president is “dry tinder” awaiting a match. Meanwhile, his latest hires are already creating new management nightmares for John Kelly.
BY GABRIEL SHERMAN APRIL 10, 2018 12:48 PM
:snippity:
So far, Trump seems content with his new sharp-elbowed advisers, but several people I spoke with question how long the honeymoon will last. Friends of Kudlow have warned him not to do much television for fear of inciting Trump’s jealousy. “You can’t outshine the master. The minute you tell Trump you’re good on TV, you’re done,” the first former official said. And Bolton’s hawkishness could be too much even for Trump. “Trump’s still suggesting to people that Bolton is a war-party person. He didn’t really want to pick Bolton, but he wanted to change headlines that weekend,” a friend said, referring to the Stormy Daniels 60 Minutes interview. “I think Trump gives him a short leash.” The beneficiaries of these shifting power dynamics may be Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump. With Kelly no longer blocking them from the Oval Office, they have a freer hand than they’ve had in months. But for now, with Mueller circling, both seem to be keeping their heads down. Jared recently declined to work on a White House initiative. “I don’t want to get involved. Everyone just accuses me of conflicts,” he told a Republican.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/04 ... re-mueller
:crying: :violin: :violin: :violin: :crying:

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Jimmy/Jeannie wins again!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Off Topic
maydijo wrote:
Dammit! I never win. No pretend-money for me. Good thing you don't charge pretend-money to vote, Foggy, or I'd be pretend-bankrupt.
I don't mean to brag, but I have more pretend money than all of you. More than Jeff Bezos, too.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:36 pm

I heard Paul Ryan's middle name was ... Jimmy. :boxing:

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:46 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:05 pm
Off Topic
maydijo wrote:
I don't mean to brag, but I have more pretend money than all of you. More than Jeff Bezos, too.
Stern, are you okay? NOBODY has more pretend money than GOD Jeff Bezos.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:46 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Off Topic
maydijo wrote:
Off Topic
Does he have a moat and a drawbridge?

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:57 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:54 pm
Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:46 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Off Topic

Off Topic
Does he have a moat and a drawbridge?
Off Topic
I don't know. But that ain't moolah. You gotta spend moolah to get a moat and a drawbridge. The crocodiles may help your argument if only in a Michael Cohen way.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:34 pm

Off Topic
I've seen the moat and the drawbridge. Trust me, :sterngard: has more pretend imaginary money than Santa Claus. :blink:

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Foggy wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:34 pm
Off Topic
I've seen the moat and the drawbridge. Trust me, :sterngard: has more pretend imaginary money than Santa Claus. :blink:
Off Topic
I shirley must defer to the respected Rooster's stipulation and beg both counsel for their forgiveness in my brazen challenge of Herre Friegen's pretend money hoard.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:25 am

Bolton is remaking the NSA.

ABC News Politics

@ABCPolitics

NEW: Deputy national security advisor Ricky Waddell is leaving the National Security Council, White House confirms, the latest in a string of departures since John Bolton became NSA.
https://
abcn.ws/2HwD1rM

10:05 AM - Apr 12, 2018

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Maybe we should remake the poll into "Who's going to be NEXT under the bus, TODAY?

ImageImageImage x4

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:08 pm
Maybe we should remake the poll into "Who's going to be NEXT under the bus, TODAY?
My theory is each character who has a thread here (Pompeo, Sanders, Pence, etc.), should have a poll at the top saying "Will this person be the next under the bus?" Won't work for poor Jimmy though.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:08 pm

I don't recall seeing it here (and it didn't get much press), but another "Jimmy," Samantha Davis, resigned a week ago. She is the aide to Pruitt who helped him get his $50 a night apartment, didn't work for three months (but got paid), and went with him (during her hiatus) to Paris.

https://cdn3.volusion.com/veuss.yqprk/v ... 1426063458
On Wednesday one of Mr. Pruitt’s top advisers, Samantha Dravis, resigned and Mr. Pruitt’s chief of staff, Ryan Jackson, has grown frustrated enough that he has also considered resigning, according to three people in whom Mr. Jackson has confided.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:40 pm

I voted for John Kelly because of the leaked Comey quote that Kelly said Comey's firing was dishonorable.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:50 pm

I've changed my vote to John Kelly for the same reason as TRL. Now it's wait and see if I win a third (or is it four now) time! Getting three or four in a normal president's term would probably be impressive. I've gotten three or four out of...how many now? Not very good. :bag:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:41 pm

RVInit wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:50 pm
I've changed my vote to John Kelly for the same reason as TRL. Now it's wait and see if I win a third (or is it four now) time! Getting three or four in a normal president's term would probably be impressive. I've gotten three or four out of...how many now? Not very good. :bag:
I've been sticking with Jimmy for so long that I honestly have no idea what the score is. :mrgreen:

Seriously, maybe it is getting time to change things up on Jimmy - add a requirement where you either have to identify the next Jimmy by either name or at least job description, or predict how many more Jimmys will go under before the next named entry.

(For the record, I'll say we're due at least one more NSC staffer before one of the by-names goes.)

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Trump jokes about being jealous of Bolton

President Trump on Monday joked that new national security adviser John Bolton could lose his job if he receives “all the credit” for last week’s airstrikes on Syria.

Trump acknowledged Bolton, who was standing along the wall of a gym near Miami where the president was participating in a tax event. The crowd gave Bolton a raucous standing ovation.

“John, that’s pretty good. I didn’t expect that. I’m a little jealous,” Trump quipped. “Are you giving him all the credit? Uh oh, you know that means the end of his job.”
The president is said to chafe when his aides receive what he feels is outsized attention.

Trump was reportedly angered by a Time magazine cover that dubbed his former chief strategist Stephen Bannon as “the great manipulator.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... -of-bolton

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

HilltownGrrl
Occupation: Researcher (for a non-fiction author); local child-wrangler; thread killer; piler of things on other things

Post by HilltownGrrl » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Dolly wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:38 pm
Trump jokes about being jealous of Bolton

President Trump on Monday joked that new national security adviser John Bolton could lose his job if he receives “all the credit” for last week’s airstrikes on Syria.

Trump acknowledged Bolton, who was standing along the wall of a gym near Miami where the president was participating in a tax event. The crowd gave Bolton a raucous standing ovation.

“John, that’s pretty good. I didn’t expect that. I’m a little jealous,” Trump quipped. “Are you giving him all the credit? Uh oh, you know that means the end of his job.”
The president is said to chafe when his aides receive what he feels is outsized attention.

Trump was reportedly angered by a Time magazine cover that dubbed his former chief strategist Stephen Bannon as “the great manipulator.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... -of-bolton
Those aren't jokes or quips - that's how he really feels.

Return to “Trump Administration”