Who's going to be the NEXT one under the bus?

Who is next to get the ax?

Gen. John Kelly, White House Chief of Staph Infections
4%
Stephen Miller, Senior Adviser for Bad Policy
No votes
Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, Attorney Generable
17%
Jared Kushner, Prince of the Realm
2%
Kellyanne Conway, Yappin' Fool
2%
Sarah H. Sanders, Official Lying Sack of Crap
2%
Don McGahn, Crooked Shyster for the Crook in Chief
29%
Dr. Benjamin Carson, Secretary of Sleepy Housing and Urban Destruction
No votes
Rod Rosenstein, Deputy Attorney Generable
8%
Jimmy Down the Hall
37%

Total votes: 52

Notorial Dissent

Re: Who's going to be the NEXT one under the bus?

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 pm

HilltownGrrl wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:54 pm
Dolly wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:38 pm
Trump jokes about being jealous of Bolton

President Trump on Monday joked that new national security adviser John Bolton could lose his job if he receives “all the credit” for last week’s airstrikes on Syria.

Trump acknowledged Bolton, who was standing along the wall of a gym near Miami where the president was participating in a tax event. The crowd gave Bolton a raucous standing ovation.

“John, that’s pretty good. I didn’t expect that. I’m a little jealous,” Trump quipped. “Are you giving him all the credit? Uh oh, you know that means the end of his job.”
The president is said to chafe when his aides receive what he feels is outsized attention.

Trump was reportedly angered by a Time magazine cover that dubbed his former chief strategist Stephen Bannon as “the great manipulator.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... -of-bolton
Those aren't jokes or quips - that's how he really feels.
I agree, LaRump DOESN'T share the limelight and I can't see Bolton not wanting the credit.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:25 pm

I think the poll would be better if we guess who wouldn't be thrown under the bus during the week.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:41 pm

The way things are going it may well get to be the shorter list.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:27 pm

OK, I have trouble telling the difference betwen "under the bus" and "Transisition" :blackeye:
Top cyber official to leave White House
A top White House cybersecurity official is leaving the National Security Council and returning to the National Security Agency, the latest in a string of departures from the White House national security team.

President Trump’s cybersecurity coordinator Rob Joyce is a detailee from the NSA and is returning to the agency rather than continuing in his post at the White House, according to a source familiar with the situation.
News of Joyce’s expected departure comes as new national security adviser John Bolton is seeking to reshape his team. Joyce's boss, Tom Bossert, resigned last week as White House homeland security adviser amid the reshuffle. Joyce was tapped to fill Bossert's position in an acting capacity.

It was Bossert who, 13 months ago, announced that Joyce would join the NSC as cybersecurity coordinator. Joyce previously led an elite NSA hacking group called the Tailored Access Operations (TAO) unit.

Joyce’s departure will leave a void in one of the top cybersecurity roles in the administration. Joyce was among top U.S. and British officials who earlier Monday blamed Russian-backed hackers of conducting cyberattacks on internet infrastructure across the globe in an apparent spy campaign targeting government, critical infrastructure and private businesses.
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity ... hite-house

ETA:
US, UK blame Russia for coordinated cyberattacks on internet devices worldwide
White House cybersecurity coordinator Rob Joyce said that the hackers were likely conducting the attacks for spying purposes or intellectual property theft, but said the access could also be used to facilitate future offensive activity.

“When we see malicious cyber activity, whether it be from the Kremlin or other nation-state actors, we are going to push back,” Joyce told reporters Monday.
Joyce said Monday that the Trump administration is prepared to use all elements of national power, including “offensive” capabilities, to push back on Russian attacks.
Joyce said that the attacks point to the broader vulnerability of the growing ecosystem of Internet-connected devices, often called the "internet of things," and the need for companies to take security into account when developing cutting-edge technologies.

“This means building devices from the ground up to be secure by design,” Joyce said.
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity ... et-devices

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:56 am

Wow. I new Bolton would be too arrogant and publicity hungry to stay in the happy fun bus for long, but I didn't think he would redlining after a couple of weeks. :twisted:

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Lani

Post by Lani » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:59 am

We are so screwed.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:16 pm

The Hill

@thehill

Top Trump energy adviser resigns
http://
hill.cm/GqbJ103
Michael Catanzaro, who has headed domestic energy and environment issues at the White House’s National Economic Council (NEC), plans to leave next week and return to CGCN Group, the law and lobbying firm where he previously worked.

The White House confirmed the move Tuesday, which was first reported by Greenwire. Catanzaro has worked at the White House since February 2

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:51 pm

TOᑭ ᖇOᑭE TᖇAViS 🇺🇸
@TopRopeTravis
JUST IN: (White House Sources) Nikki Haley, US Ambassador to the United Nations, has discussed her resignation with WH Chief of Staff, John Kelly. This comes after a series of contradicting statements from Trump regarding Russian sanctions.

12:22 PM - Apr 17, 2018

Looking for other tweets to verify.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Perhaps she has more self-respect than Sessions has.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Jeazess H. Kreist, are you telling me the next one is NIKKI Down the Hall? :shock:

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:12 pm

I can't find it confirmed in any news source, which I suppose means either it hasn't been released yet or that Kelly talked her into staying?

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 pm

Jim Sciutto

@jimsciutto
“With all due respect, I don’t get confused” -UN Ambassador Nikki Haley in statement responding to WH claims she got “ahead of the curve” on Trump’s Russia sanctions reversal @jeffzeleny reporting

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:52 pm

maydijo wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:12 pm
I can't find it confirmed in any news source, which I suppose means either it hasn't been released yet or that Kelly talked her into staying?
I have been looking also, too. Nothing yet.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:55 pm

:dance:

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:04 pm

maydijo wrote:
It could always be complete BS of course.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:01 pm

The new official spin.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/ ... 76814.html
Haley's remark had an immediate impact. Kudlow apologized for what he said, but new sanctions against Russia don't appear to be any closer to being enforced.

“She was certainly not confused. I was wrong to say that — totally wrong,” Kudlow told The New York Times, saying he called Haley and apologized. “As it turns out, she was basically following what she thought was policy. The policy was changed and she wasn’t told about it, so she was in a box.”

The issue began when Haley, the former governor of South Carolina, appeared on CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday, saying Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was going to announce additional sanctions that would target “any sort of companies that were dealing with equipment related to (Syria) and chemical weapons use," according to thehill.com.

But the Washington Post reported President Donald Trump conferred with his national security advisers later Sunday and told them he was upset the sanctions were being officially rolled out because he was not yet comfortable executing them.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:09 pm

Skip Intro wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:04 pm
maydijo wrote:
That too.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Skip Intro wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:04 pm
maydijo wrote:
Don't rain on my parade.

I was really hoping this one would be true; but as there is still no verification, I'm thinking it's not.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:25 am

I think it's quite possible that it is true: she "discussed her resignation with Kelly." It doesn't mean she resigned.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:13 am

Instead of going under the bus, Haley may stomp out with something akin to dignity and maybe run for President in 2020.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:29 am

She has seemed to be one of the few competent people in this maladministration. .

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:02 am

Haley sets a red line for Trump
The U.N. ambassador made crystal clear after initially being blamed for 'confusion' on Russia sanctions that she will not tolerate public humiliation quietly.

By ELIANA JOHNSON and BURGESS EVERETT 04/18/2018 06:10 PM EDT

In the span of 24 hours, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley has done what none of her colleagues in President Donald Trump’s Cabinet have before: successfully telegraphed to her boss that she will not quietly suffer his public humiliations.

Haley was initially blamed by White House aides for creating confusion by speaking on national television about the administration’s plans to roll out new sanctions against Russia that the president ultimately decided to defer.

But within hours of White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow’s statement Tuesday that Haley had fallen prey to “momentary confusion” and gotten “out ahead of the curve,” she’d exacted a public apology from her colleague. But that alone wasn’t enough for the former South Carolina governor, who issued a direct statement to make her point crystal clear: “With all due respect, I don’t get confused.”

The incident met with silence from the president and his loyalists but has only helped to burnish Haley’s image outside the White House.

“She’s been a very forceful advocate and I would hope the administration really values that. She stood up for herself admirably, so hopefully that will end the story there,” said Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) on Wednesday.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/ ... ion-535268

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:07 am

I'd have more respect for her if she got off the deficit-lovin' fine people bus and onto the sanity bus.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:08 am

Doesn't bode well for her, LaRump don't like uppty wimmin.....

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:51 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:07 am
Doesn't bode well for her, LaRump don't like uppty wimmin.....
FIFY.

Or a variation:
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:07 am
Doesn't bode well for her, LaRump don't like uppty competent wimmin.....

Return to “Trump Administration”