Who's going to be the NEXT one to be underbussed?

Who is next to get the ax?

Alex Azar, Health and Horrible Services
No votes
Stephen Miller, Senior Adviser for Bad Policy
4%
Jared Kushner, Prince of the Realm
1%
Kellyanne Conway, Yappin' Fool
No votes
Dr. Benjamin Carson, Secretary of Sleepy Housing and Urban Destruction
No votes
Mike Pompeo, Secretary of Stating Bullshit
13%
Mick Mulvaney, Acting Cheap of Staff
53%
Joseph Maguire, Director of National Stupidity
1%
Chris Wray, Misdirector of the Federal Bureau of Investimagation
11%
Jimmy Down the Hall
17%

Total votes: 72

Notorial Dissent

Re: Who's going to be the NEXT one to be underbussed?

Post by Notorial Dissent »

I have to admit that this one confuses me all the way 'round. My biggest problem is that I have a really serious problems trusting ANYTHING that comes out of the mouths/pens of a LaRump official, I don't see anything here to change my mind.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

pipistrelle wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:12 pm
Spencer's public position sounds correct and his private one bad. I too am confused.
Spencer wasn't promising, it was the WH officials who were promosing. Spencer reached out to them to tell them he had a problem with letting the guy retire as a SEAL.

I think it was Barry McCaffrey who said the other day that the way this works is the SecNav would not quit on his own, he would basically ask via backchannel to be fired. So that is what appears to have happened.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Jim wright spoke on the issue of confusion on this guy.
I went out to take some pictures and came back into find the Secretary of the Navy had been fired.

I have no sympathy for Dick Spencer. He was going to get fired anyway, he should have stood the fuck up and told Trump where to stick it. And yes, I read his resignation letter. So what? Big deal. Real brave going out the door, courage is what you do when it MATTERS. This guy is just another Trump sucking politician who only managed to find his balls AFTER he had been fired. Woopdee fucking doo, give the boy a medal.

The hell with him, Trump, and Gallagher. None of them are qualified to hold a real Chief's hat while the Chief takes a piss.
Ya, fuck him.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

What do you want? The man told POTUS, "Mr. President, I won't do this, and if you want it done, you'll have to fire me first." So he was fired. I'm suspicious of the line from SecDef about Spencer privately agreeing to fix the result of the review board. It sounds like an attempt to muddy the waters and protect the President.

If your standard is people making a public spectacle of themselves and publicly daring the President to fire them, you're not going to like what happens the first time the next Democratic POTUS does something that an appointee dislikes. Perhaps you think Samantha Power should stayed in her job and then gone on all the networks telling the world how she wouldn't toe President Obama's line about why we weren't going to bomb Syria? That's a recipe for totally dysfunctional government.

Spencer did what he could. Elliot Richardson is an exactly analogous case: The President orders a subordinate to do something the subordinate feels is improper or illegal. The subordinate communicates back to POTUS that under no circumstances will they carry out that order, and if POTUS feels that strongly about it, the subordinate serves at the pleasure of the President. The President then either terminates the subordinate or demands their resignation and gets it.

This situation is awful, but let's not place the blame anywhere than where it belongs - with the President.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:31 am
What do you want? The man told POTUS, "Mr. President, I won't do this, and if you want it done, you'll have to fire me first." So he was fired. I'm suspicious of the line from SecDef about Spencer privately agreeing to fix the result of the review board. It sounds like an attempt to muddy the waters and protect the President.
I’m having trouble understanding what went on too. Also. SecDef’s statement made no sense.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Whatever4 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:24 am
I’m having trouble understanding what went on too. Also. SecDef’s statement made no sense.
Best guess is it was the WH/Trump, not Spencer, offered the indecent proposal. Spencer balked. Trump contacts SecDef and tells him a lie. Under the bus Spencer goes.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Whatever4 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:24 am
fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:31 am
Me too. Why would SecDef fire SecNav for giving POTUS what he wants?
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

More from Esper, but still no clarification.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... Fstory-ans
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Apparently he was looking for a way for the Navy and POTUS to both save face. The Navy pretends to do what is right and hold the board, but the deal with the WH is that the board will go Trump's way. Trump gets what he wants without it appearing to the public as if the Navy bent to his will.
Edit: Aside from the obvious problem with that - Trump cares more about whether he wins in the public eye than anything else. The guy really thought Trump would be OK with the Navy publicly appearing to defy him?
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Notorial Dissent

I think the only certainty here is that someone is lying. With this administration it may be more than one someone.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:21 pm
I think the only certainty here is that someone is lying. With this administration it may be more than one someone.
It may be all the someones.

Notorial Dissent

pipistrelle wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:21 pm
It may be all the someones.
In this mal-administration it is almost certainly a given.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Bloomberg
Trump Denies Sending Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine for Biden Probe

'Donald Trump denied directing Rudy Giuliani to go to Ukraine to look for dirt on his political rivals, in an interview with former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly.

“No, I didn’t direct him, but he is a warrior, he is a warrior,” Trump told O’Reilly in an interview streamed on the internet on Tuesday.

Giuliani has said publicly that he conducted an investigation “concerning 2016 Ukrainian collusion and corruption” on Trump’s behalf.

Asked by O’Reilly what Giuliani was doing in Ukraine, Trump said “you have to ask that to Rudy.”

“Rudy has other clients, other than me,” Trump said. “He’s done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years.”'
Adding:
Talking Points Memo: Under The Bus You Go, Rudy: Trump Claims He Didn’t Tell Giuliani To Go To Ukraine

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

So Giuliani went to Ukraine on a whim? :rotflmao:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm
Rudy went cause the mafia Don mentioned an idea about stuff. That's how they conduct "business". No explicit commands required, far less written notes. :twisted:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Good thing Rudy has that insurance policy.
Hubs (and me) at the Rockabilly Fest
ImageImageImage x4

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

RTH10260 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:56 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm
Rudy went cause the mafia Don mentioned an idea about stuff. That's how they conduct "business". No explicit commands required, far less written notes. :twisted:
Rudy has clients there. I heard Trump say it. Rudy? Real clients? I wonder what his Ukraine bar number is. :think:
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Notorial Dissent

Let the "who me" lying commence.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Addie wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:36 pm
Bloomberg

'Donald Trump denied directing Rudy Giuliani to go to Ukraine to look for dirt on his political rivals, in an interview with former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly.

“No, I didn’t direct him, but he is a warrior, he is a warrior,” Trump told O’Reilly in an interview streamed on the internet on Tuesday.

Giuliani has said publicly that he conducted an investigation “concerning 2016 Ukrainian collusion and corruption” on Trump’s behalf.

Asked by O’Reilly what Giuliani was doing in Ukraine, Trump said “you have to ask that to Rudy.”

“Rudy has other clients, other than me,” Trump said. “He’s done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years.”'
But see, e.g. Call memo of July 25, 2019: Talk to Rudy Giuliani.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

TexasFilly wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:21 pm
Addie wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:36 pm
Bloomberg

But see, e.g. Call memo of July 25, 2019: Talk to Rudy Giuliani.
In other words, "Read the transcript" as Trump has said repeatedly. :roll:
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

I just wonder how Bill O'Reilly was able to stay sober enough to conduct an interview.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

I don't know where else to post this. He could get underbussed or receive a medal. At this point, I have no guesses.
Three women accuse Gordon Sondland of sexual misconduct: report

Three women have publicly accused U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, a key player in the impeachment inquiry into President Trump, of sexual misconduct relating to their business dealings with him.

The allegations were reported in an article co-published Wednesday by ProPublica and Portland Monthly and date back to before Sondland became ambassador.

All three women described unwanted kissing or attempted kissing by Sondland, a hotelier. One of the accusers said he exposed himself to her, and all three said he retaliated against them professionally after they spurned his advances.

Sondland strongly denied the accusations.
The allegations were made by Nicole Vogel, Jana Solis and Natalie Sept, who all agreed to be named publicly.
<snip>
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... uct-report
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Re: my prior comments about Sondland. I got to the part of his testimony where he got caught trying to cover up the Ukraine aid shenanigans.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

:wave:

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Dolly wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:44 pm
I don't know where else to post this. He could get underbussed or receive a medal. At this point, I have no guesses.
Three women accuse Gordon Sondland of sexual misconduct: report

Three women have publicly accused U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, a key player in the impeachment inquiry into President Trump, of sexual misconduct relating to their business dealings with him.

The allegations were reported in an article co-published Wednesday by ProPublica and Portland Monthly and date back to before Sondland became ambassador.

All three women described unwanted kissing or attempted kissing by Sondland, a hotelier. One of the accusers said he exposed himself to her, and all three said he retaliated against them professionally after they spurned his advances.

Sondland strongly denied the accusations.
The allegations were made by Nicole Vogel, Jana Solis and Natalie Sept, who all agreed to be named publicly.
<snip>
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... uct-report
He's just following his "hero's playbook" right down to the "hospitality business"

Return to “Trump Administration”