Jared and Ivanka Kushner

Chilidog

Jared and Ivanka Kushner

Post by Chilidog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:28 pm

It seems that these two are getting forced out.

Apparently, certain White House factions are pushing certain things late Friday and Saturday when the Kushners are not around.
Little more than a week into the Trump presidency, the timing of the Friday sunset seems to be growing increasingly important. Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and West Wing adviser, has been positioned as something of a mollifying presence upon his mercurial boss.
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/ ... p-scandals

Awww isn't that a shame.

Chilidog

Re: Jared and Ivanka Kushner

Post by Chilidog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:35 pm

Ivanka's $5000 dress v. A young Syrian refugee girl

I have no sympathy for the Kushners

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:43 pm

Their name is Javanka I believe.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:43 pm

Chilidog wrote:It seems that these two are getting forced out.

Apparently, certain White House factions are pushing certain things late Friday and Saturday when the Kushners are not around.
Little more than a week into the Trump presidency, the timing of the Friday sunset seems to be growing increasingly important. Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and West Wing adviser, has been positioned as something of a mollifying presence upon his mercurial boss.
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/ ... p-scandals

Awww isn't that a shame.
Thank you for posting this.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:02 am

Chilidog wrote:Image

Ivanka's $5000 dress v. A young Syrian refugee girl

I have no sympathy for the Kushners
I totally want to see this in a women's magazine in one of those "who wore it better?" spreads

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:38 am

Jared's got his hand on Ivanka's ass. Classy.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:48 am

Come on. He's treating her like a father would.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Clairez

Post by Clairez » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:48 am

Suranis wrote:Come on. He's treating her like a father would.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:55 pm

Suranis wrote:Come on. He's treating her like a father would.
Certainly like her father would.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Maybenaut wrote:Jared's got his hand on Ivanka's ass. Classy.
Perhaps he didn't notice the mirror. ;)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Perhaps he didn't notice it when the photo was taken. But Ivanka surely noticed it before posting the photo to social media.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Volkonski wrote:
No doubt. But still, it speaks volumes. I cannot imagine a scenario in which my husband would put his hand on my ass while out in public, whether anyone could see it or not.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Volkonski wrote:
No doubt. But still, it speaks volumes. I cannot imagine a scenario in which my husband would put his hand on my ass while out in public, whether anyone could see it or not.

I had the same thought.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:05 pm

Boycott: Nordstrom Says It’s Cutting Ivanka Trump Brand Due to Poor Sales https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rump-brand … via @luxury
Nordstrom Says It’s Cutting Ivanka Trump Brand Due to Poor Sales
by Lindsey Rupp and Kim Bhasin
February 2, 2017, 5:27 PM EST February 2, 2017, 9:26 PM EST

Chain was targeted by anti-Trump campaign Grab Your Wallet
Retailer cites the brand’s performance in making the decision

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rump-brand
It's working! #GrabYourWallet

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:03 am

Orlylicious wrote:Boycott: Nordstrom Says It’s Cutting Ivanka Trump Brand Due to Poor Sales https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rump-brand … via @luxury
Nordstrom Says It’s Cutting Ivanka Trump Brand Due to Poor Sales
by Lindsey Rupp and Kim Bhasin
February 2, 2017, 5:27 PM EST February 2, 2017, 9:26 PM EST

Chain was targeted by anti-Trump campaign Grab Your Wallet
Retailer cites the brand’s performance in making the decision

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rump-brand
It's working! #GrabYourWallet

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Amazon's Next

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:38 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-neima ... 5I31T?il=0
Luxury retailer Neiman Marcus Group [NMRCUS.UL] has stopped selling Ivanka Trump's jewelry line on its website and a store in New Jersey, Yahoo News reported on Friday, citing a sales associate.

The sales associate, who works at Neiman Marcus's Garden State Plaza store, did not specify when the jewelry was pulled from the store, Yahoo News said. yhoo.it/2l6qyPd

A Reuters search for the Ivanka Trump's jewelry line on Neiman Marcus' website yielded no results.

A spokesperson for Ivanka Trump declined to comment. Neiman Marcus could not be reached for comment.
:snippity: :clap:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

stoppingby

Post by stoppingby » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:44 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/03/us/p ... shner.html

These carefully placed articles by Ivanka and Kushner annoy the hell out of me. She supported her father throughout the election, spoke at the convention, and Kushner is/was part of his campaign/current administration. But they want to pretend that they're not part of a virulent race-baiting, anti-semitic, gay-bashing organization in order to stay in the good graces of their social circle and Ivanka's likely customers. These articles aren't something the Times are searching for; Ivanka's PR team is carefully leaking them. And its down-right offensive. It is as if they are driven by a white-sheet wearing member of the KKK to a Klan rally, speak at the Klan rally, give their time to supporting the Klan, but then whisper to their friends "oh, I'm really not with them." The hell you're not. Its bad enough you're getting in bed with the racist right, don't lie about what you're doing there.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Amen.

Hopefully, this will blossom into a snowball.
WWG1WGA

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:59 pm

Esquire published a long piece on Jared in August of 2016, for anyone who is interested. I went looking for this paragraph, but recommend reading the whole thing:
Jared attended the Orthodox Frisch School, in Paramus, New Jersey. By some accounts, he worked hard in school, but he was not especially academic. In The Price of Admission, Daniel Golden notes that officials at Frisch were "dismayed" when Jared was accepted to Harvard, since, as one former school official put it, "his GPA did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it." Other students in Jared's class, the official said, were far more deserving. But Jared had a weapon that his classmates did not: his father. According to Golden, Charles donated $2.5 million to Harvard the year his son applied. Just to be safe, he also donated to Cornell and Princeton.
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a4 ... -campaign/

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Piffle

Post by Piffle » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:40 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
...In The Price of Admission, Daniel Golden notes that officials at Frisch were "dismayed" when Jared was accepted to Harvard, since, as one former school official put it, "his GPA did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it." Other students in Jared's class, the official said, were far more deserving. But Jared had a weapon that his classmates did not: his father. According to Golden, Charles donated $2.5 million to Harvard the year his son applied. Just to be safe, he also donated to Cornell and Princeton.
That's just plain morally corrupt when you consider that Harvard has the largest endowment of any educational institution amounting to over $35 billion dollars. They don't even need the money.

linkie

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Ivanka Trump makes bizarre claim that being dumped by Nordstrom protects her ‘integrity’

pokesperson for Ivanka Trump dismissed reports that retailer Nordstrom was dropping the presidential daughter’s namesake line of apparel and footwear, stating that company values their integrity as much as profits, reports Racked.

Earlier in the week, the fashion chain based in the Northwest said it would no longer carry the Ivanka Trump line due to declining sales and customer pressure, pulling clothing off the racks and deeply discounting them.

In response, a spokesperson for Trump’s company issued a statement obliquely referencing the loss of sales to Nordstrom, saying, “We believe that the strength of a brand is measured not only by the profits it generates, but the integrity it maintains.”

“The women behind the brand represent a diverse group of professionals and we are proud to say that the Ivanka Trump brand continues to embody the principles upon which it was founded,” the statement continued. <SNIP>
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/ivanka- ... integrity/

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Dolly wrote:
Ivanka Trump makes bizarre claim that being dumped by Nordstrom protects her ‘integrity’

pokesperson for Ivanka Trump dismissed reports that retailer Nordstrom was dropping the presidential daughter’s namesake line of apparel and footwear, stating that company values their integrity as much as profits, reports Racked.

Earlier in the week, the fashion chain based in the Northwest said it would no longer carry the Ivanka Trump line due to declining sales and customer pressure, pulling clothing off the racks and deeply discounting them.

In response, a spokesperson for Trump’s company issued a statement obliquely referencing the loss of sales to Nordstrom, saying, “We believe that the strength of a brand is measured not only by the profits it generates, but the integrity it maintains.”

“The women behind the brand represent a diverse group of professionals and we are proud to say that the Ivanka Trump brand continues to embody the principles upon which it was founded,” the statement continued. <SNIP>
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/ivanka- ... integrity/
That's about one small step above tweeting that Nordstrom's is a loser.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:24 pm

"Princess Lap Dance".

I like it.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Is this the right thread for no one wants to sell Ivanka's crap anymore?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/busi ... -maxx.html
T.J. Maxx Backs Away From Ivanka Trump as President Assails Nordstrom

Last week, employees at T.J. Maxx and Marshalls got very clear instructions about where to put signs for Ivanka Trump products: in the garbage.

The TJX Companies, the retailers’ parent company, told employees not to display Ivanka Trump merchandise separately and to throw away Ivanka Trump signs, according to a note to employees on Wednesday, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times.

“Effective immediately, please remove all Ivanka Trump merchandise from features and mix into the runs,” the note read. “Runs” refers to the normal clothing racks where the majority of products hang. “All Ivanka Trump signs should be discarded.”

A spokeswoman for the TJX Companies, Doreen Thompson, confirmed that the message had been sent to stores.

"I asked Osama bin Laden and he very strongly said that he had nothing to do with crashing airplanes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I don't see any reason it would be Al-Qaeda."

-George W. Bush

Lani

Post by Lani » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:15 pm

I saw her line at Nordstrom Rack back in late '15. It was just mingled on the racks with other greatly discounted, lower end items. A dress had caught my attention because it resembled a brand I like. But as soon as I got a closer look, I could see that was basically a cheap knock-off. Then I saw the label. Never knew she had a line of clothing before that. Nobody will miss it when it's gone.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Return to “Trump Administration”