Volkonski

Re: Trump plan to BUILD THAT WALL!

Post by Volkonski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:48 pm

JM Rieger

Verified account

@RiegerReport
3h3 hours ago
More
REPORTER: What good is a steel wall if they can saw through it?

TRUMP: That’s a wall that was designed by previous administrations. … The wall that we’re doing is very, very hard to penetrate.

FACT CHECK: The sawed-through steel slat wall was one of Trump’s 8 wall prototypes.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Trump’s latest press gaggle was remarkably nasty, even by his standards
Over the course of 15 minutes, the president heaped scorn on Democrats, the media, and immigrants.

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/10/18176939/ ... ess-gaggle
“I find China, frankly, in many ways, to be far more honorable than Crying Chuck and Nancy,” Trump said, using his preferred insult for Schumer. “I think that China is actually much easier to deal with than the opposition party.”

Later, Trump accused the Democrats of not caring about crime, and used grisly descriptions of violence in an effort to make his point.

:snippity:

Trump also unloaded on the assembled media, and accused White House reporters of “coordinating” with Democrats.

“We have to get a win or I’ll have to go national security,” Trump said. “We could compromise, or I will declare a national emergency.”

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 pm

I saw bits and pieces of that (don't ever watch him live) and thought it was really, really nasty, too. Any animal is dangerous when cornered, and I think Mueller has him cornered. He's probably finding this wall crap a great distraction.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Look who else is in TX.

Per pooler @PhilipRucker in Texas with Trump: @seanhannity "huddled with Bill Shine and Secretary Nielsen and is following along on Trump’s tour, only standing with the staff and federal officials as opposed to the press corps."

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:07 pm

Trump’s advisers push for emergency declaration — while assuming it’ll be stopped in court
They are treating a state of emergency as a get-out-of-shutdown-free card. That is a terrible mistake.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... nstitution
In fact, it sure looks like some in the Trump administration see the emergency declaration as appealing even though they assume it’s going to get held up in court.

Republicans not named Donald Trump are getting very antsy about the continued government shutdown, as 800,000 federal employees face their first missed paycheck on Friday. And some of them have apparently decided that an emergency declaration is a good way to end the shutdown — without taking a stand on whether it’s actually a good idea, or even constitutional.

Trump can’t simply say the words “emergency declaration” and trigger a lawsuit. He has to declare which of the 100-plus emergency powers given to the president he’s invoking — not just because that’s how the law works, but because he has to identify which pools of emergency money he wants to raid to pay for the wall. (Not that it’s clear there’s even enough money in any of the applicable funds to get to $5.7 billion.)

By treating an emergency declaration as a way to reopen the government, rather than as an actual policy that will be in effect barring a judicial injunction, the Trump administration risks the worst of both worlds: a policy they carelessly slapped together that they and everyone else then have to live with for a very long time.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Lachlan Markay

Verified account

@lachlan
5h5 hours ago
More
To secure land for the border wall, the federal govt is trying to seize land in Mission, TX, that includes a historic Catholic chapel, built in 1899 and sitting about 800 feet from the border https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-wou ... l?ref=home

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Kendra wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:36 pm

White House lawyers are prepping the legal justification for a national emergency declaration. This has included advising aides to ramp up "crisis" talk. Lawyers suggest the more times they say it, the more often they can point to it in a legal defense filing, per @Kevinliptakcnn

So, lemme get this straight. Stable Genius and his smartest bestest bigly lawyers are claiming that if the Emperor's Court says "crisis' n Fox News enough times, that's all he needs to just skip around the Origination Clause part of the Constitution that says all spending must originate in the House and all appropriations are the exclusive purview of The Congress.

I'm sorry, and I'm not a lawyer, but when did it become an emergency whenever the other co-equal branch of government disagrees with you on something for which the Constitution gives them ultimate power to decide?

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:51 pm

:torches:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:00 pm

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:06 pm

But.. but.. but... that lettuce was picked by immigrants.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:17 pm

And the USDA Food inspectors checking the lettuce are all home right now because the USDA is closed.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

tek

Post by tek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:26 pm

a-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A truckload of bricks
In the soft morning light

Michael J

Post by Michael J » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Published on Jan 18, 2017
My old friend Larry Dobkin guest-starred as "Trump" in this prophetic episode of the 1958 Western TV series "Trackdown," starring Robert Culp.
Trump Trackdown

"You're under arrest, Trump." :clap:

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." - Justice William J. Brennan, Jr.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Robert Culp? I thought the sheriff seemed familiar.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Emily Cochrane

Verified account

@ESCochrane
Follow Follow @ESCochrane
More
Confirmed: the WH has directed the Army Corps to examine supplemental funding — including disaster relief for Puerto Rico, Florida, Texas, California, etc. — to see what money could go to a border wall in case of a national emergency declaration.

5:17 PM - 10 Jan 2019
:madguy:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:07 pm
Trump’s advisers push for emergency declaration — while assuming it’ll be stopped in court
They are treating a state of emergency as a get-out-of-shutdown-free card. That is a terrible mistake.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... nstitution
Question to the yippity law gurus: while I think that an assumed National Emergency of kind would potentially open the purse for a border wall I don't see how at the same time that miracle would make a shutdown disappear. Congress has still to approve the appropriations and send what they want the administration to get for all other causes to be signed by dotus. IMHO only after that signature would the shutdown end. I cannot see that a president gets to set the budget for all agencies all alone. Any answers for an Eurobot?

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:00 pm

I'm not a law guru, but all that has to happen, or at least one of the things that has to happen, is McConnell just puts the bill on the Senate floor and the Senate passes it. Then it goes to twitler for signature.

But I think he's opening up a can of worms that almost nobody else really wants to open.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Border wall funds could be diverted from a pool meant for Puerto Rico, Texas and other areas hit by disasters

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/politics ... index.html
Congress appropriated $14 billion in supplemental funds to repair infrastructure in areas of the country hardest hit by disasters including hurricanes, like Hurricane Maria which slammed Puerto Rico in 2017 and resulted in the deaths of nearly 3,000 people.

In anticipation of a national emergency declaration, the official tells CNN that the Pentagon was asked to provide lists of unspent funds including those earmarked for civil works projects that are part of disaster recovery in Puerto Rico, Texas, California, Florida, and elsewhere. The official said the funds were only recently received. There is more than $13 billion not yet physically spent on the infrastructure repair projects, but that have been promised to these communities.

For instance, more than $2 billion planned for projects in Puerto Rico has not yet been spent. More than $4.5 billion for projects in Texas, including those related to 2017's Hurricane Harvey, has also not been spent.
Trump was briefed Thursday on a proposal to use $5 billion for portions of the wall based on priorities.

identified by the Department of Homeland Security, the official said. Under a current proposal, a 30-foot high steel slat wall -- the so-called bollard wall -- would be put up across 315 miles of federal lands over 18 months

One hopes that the Senators and Congresspeople whose states will lose that money will respond forcefully to this.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:23 pm

I saw a bearded Cruz with Individual-1 today.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:43 pm

A bearded clam, what?

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:30 pm

Daniel Dale

Verified account

@ddale8
2h2 hours ago
More
A Border Patrol official told Trump today that they apprehended people from multiple countries yesterday, including Pakistan. Trump asked, "How many Pakistanis?" The man said "two."

Then, after he finished talking, Trump said: "So they apprehended people from the Middle East."
:roll:

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Grift Grift Grift... Never heard of this, of course it's an affiliate link that redirects to https://www.clickfunnels.com/ "You Need To Market, Sell, and Deliver Your Products and Services Online!"
(Without Having To Hire or Rely On A Tech Team!)"

It appears there is no actual https://djtcollectorclub.org just this grift link. Think Karl Koenigs and Miki Booth have bought theirs yet?
BUY A COIN AND WE'LL SEND A BRICK!

When You Get Your "Build The Wall" Coin For 50% Off, We'll Send A FOAM BRICK To Nancy Pelosi's Office To Send A Powerful Message!

YOU get this...
And Nancy gets THIS...
You'll Even Get A VIDEO Of Us Sending The Bricks In The Mail!
I'm In! Begin Checkout!
Coin Brick.JPG

Fake grift affiliate website: https://djtcollectorclub.org/build-the- ... id=1348409

eBay has this junk too, didn't look: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... n&_sacat=0

Dumb marks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Avatar Photo: Roger Stone calls Jerome Corsi a #Weasel and #Liar; Jerry just bends over and takes it. https://www.joemygod.com/2018/12/roger- ... t-mueller/

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:56 pm

BuzzFeed: "I Felt Dirty": Former Employees Of The Veteran Crowdfunding Trump's Wall Say He Pushed Fake News To Get Rich:
"He never wanted the truth. It was all just for clicks, and the more inflammatory, the better," a former employee said. "I felt dirty writing the stuff.”

Brian Kolfage, the decorated Iraq War veteran spearheading the massive, viral fundraising campaign to build President Trump’s border wall, who has a history of peddling right-wing misinformation on Facebook, pushed the limits of misleading content in pursuit of online traffic and profits until he was ultimately banned from the platform, according to multiple former employees and a review of internal communications.

The veteran has also spearheaded other crowdfunding ventures over the years, raising thousands of dollars on GoFundMe with the promise of helping mentor fellow vets at military hospitals, but spokespersons for the medical centers said they have no record of Kolfage working at their facilities or donating any money.

BuzzFeed News reviewed a cache of internal emails and text messages from several of Kolfage’s former employees and acquaintances that show how he pushed to sensationalize and fabricate right-wing content on Facebook to amass clicks, manipulate users, and in the process, make hundreds of thousands of dollars a month in advertising revenue. In one text, he claimed to run a “multi-million business.”

Former employees told BuzzFeed News that Kolfage instructed his crew to produce Facebook content to more flagrantly convey a false narrative, in one instance photoshopping former president Obama’s head onto another body to make it appear as though he was having an affair, with the caption, “BREAKING!! OBAMA BUSTED!!! VIDEO LEAKED!!”
And, of course:
Neither Kolfage nor his representative responded to multiple requests for comment.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Well, he can retire now, laughing all the way to the bank. Suckers.

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Aaron Rupar

Verified account

@atrupar
1m1 minute ago
More
This makes absolutely no sense

Trump must be talking about drug-related deaths.

Return to “Trump Administration”