Trump plan to BUILD THAT WALL!

ZekeB

Re: Trump plan to BUILD THAT WALL!

Post by ZekeB » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:04 pm

So this is going to be done in a similar fashon to how they test highway paint? Paint a couple dozen strips across the highway and see what happens in three years or so.....

Mnoho lidí se za našeho prezidenta stydí.

Žluté vlasy se k oranžové tváři nehodí.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:42 am

ZekeB wrote:So this is going to be done in a similar fashon to how they test highway paint? Paint a couple dozen strips across the highway and see what happens in three years or so.....
With all those recent picks of illegal immigrants, they could put together chain gangs with the target to tackle each experimental section. Those who make it past an insufficient design get a Green Card... :lol:

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Iowa Rep Steve King wants to take food from children, elderly, and disabled Americans to pay for DJT's border wall.
"Are you comfortable, congressman, with providing $1.6 billion of taxpayer money, not from Mexico, to build that wall?" CNN's Alisyn Camerota asked on "New Day."
"Absolutely, yes and more," he replied. "And I'd throw another $5 billion on the pile and I would find half a billion of that from right out of Planned Parenthood's budget. And the rest of it could come out of food stamps and the entitlements that are being spread out for people who haven't worked in three generations."
:snippity:
"We built the programs because to solve the problem of malnutrition in America," said King, who backed Trump in 2016. "Now we have a problem of obesity. When you match up the EBT card with what the scales say on some of the folks, I think its worth looking at."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/12/politics/ ... index.html

"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Pure evil.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Dallasite wrote:Iowa Rep Steve King wants to take food from children, elderly, and disabled Americans to pay for DJT's border wall.
"Are you comfortable, congressman, with providing $1.6 billion of taxpayer money, not from Mexico, to build that wall?" CNN's Alisyn Camerota asked on "New Day."
"Absolutely, yes and more," he replied. "And I'd throw another $5 billion on the pile and I would find half a billion of that from right out of Planned Parenthood's budget. And the rest of it could come out of food stamps and the entitlements that are being spread out for people who haven't worked in three generations."
"We built the programs because to solve the problem of malnutrition in America," said King, who backed Trump in 2016. "Now we have a problem of obesity. When you match up the EBT card with what the scales say on some of the folks, I think its worth looking at."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/12/politics/ ... index.html
Obesity results from poor nutrition and low-quality food, not from too much food.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:55 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Dallasite wrote:
Obesity results from poor nutrition and low-quality food, not from too much food.
:thumbs: Yes, exactly right.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:55 pm

Partially, but over-eating is also often the issue. You can't tell me it's not, I've seen it happening. However, fat people and skinny people get the same amount of food stamps, right? So what has that got to do with it?

Just more convenient stereotyping to justify cruelty. Like telling folks who have pre-existing conditions that it's their fault. Or claiming that a lot of families haven't worked "for generations." Or that most immigrants move here for free stuff. :liar:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Dallasite wrote:Iowa Rep Steve King wants to take food from children, elderly, and disabled Americans to pay for DJT's border wall.
Kinda scary that in their world view, this is morally consistent. Through suffering one either advances in life, or becomes closer to god. Take away the safety net, take away children's food, either they will work harder to succeed and be worthy or join the lord's army. That cutting such funding just happens to push people towards religious charities is just a cherry on top.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:25 am

Trump's border wall prototypes in San Diego delayed until the winter

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html
Two companies that bid on mock-ups of the proposed border wall with Mexico, a keystone of President Trump’s campaign, made formal protests after failing to make it to the second round. The Associated Press was the first to report the news.

The Trump administration said the prototypes would be delayed until November in an email to members of Congress earlier in the day, and Customs and Border Protection confirmed that publicly in a statement late Thursday, referring to complaints sent to the Government Accountability Office.

“(Customs and Border Protection) expects GAO’s decision on these protests in early October 2017, which would delay construction to late October or early November, which is beyond our original summer 2017 timeline,” the agency said in a statement emailed to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:34 am

Volkonski wrote:Trump's border wall prototypes in San Diego delayed until the winter

“(Customs and Border Protection) expects GAO’s decision on these protests in early October 2017, which would delay construction to late October or early November, which is beyond our original summer 2017 timeline,” the agency said in a statement emailed to the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Do most Americans want this stupid wall?

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:57 am

pipistrelle wrote:Do most Americans want this stupid wall?
Do Republicans care what most Americans want?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:58 am

ZekeB wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:Do most Americans want this stupid wall?
Do Republicans care what most Americans want?
Well, this is something I don't get — why the minority "base" has so much power.

I know, I know . . . follow the money.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:01 am

Volkonski wrote:Trump's border wall prototypes in San Diego delayed until the winter

Two companies that bid on mock-ups of the proposed border wall with Mexico, a keystone of President Trump’s campaign, made formal protests after failing to make it to the second round. The Associated Press was the first to report the news.

The Trump administration said the prototypes would be delayed until November in an email to members of Congress earlier in the day, and Customs and Border Protection confirmed that publicly in a statement late Thursday, referring to complaints sent to the Government Accountability Office.

BUT.... But.... butt.... Teh Donald is commander of something or other. He just needs to press the button on his desk and things happen!
► Show Spoiler

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:05 am

Just for the fun, will some reporter ask a question about the delay during the next presser? Just twistin the knife a small bit :lol:

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 am

pipistrelle wrote:I know, I know . . . follow the money.
And gerrymandering. I saw an article somewhere on how the Repubs got caught red-handed in Wisconsin. Maybe this nonsense will end sometime, but I doubt in my lifetime.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:49 pm

‘This deal will make me look terrible’: Full transcripts of Trump’s calls with Mexico and Australia

Highlights

1 Trump threatens potential tariffs on Mexican goods.

2 Trump vows to help fight the “tough hombres” driving the Mexican drug trade.

3 Trump seems to acknowledge that his threats to make Mexico pay had left him cornered politically.

4 Trump asks that they avoid publicly disagreeing over how the wall will be funded.

5 Trump describes the wall as “the least important thing we are talking about.”

6 Trump tells Peña Nieto to stop saying publicly that his government would never pay for the wall.

PEÑA NIETO

I fully agree that we should work together. And let me tell you that a lot of what is happening in terms of traffickers in Mexico is being largely supported by the illegal amounts of money and weapons coming from the United States. And this has led Mexico to fight against criminal gangs with the participation of the military and the entire army of Mexico. And this has taken many lives within the military and all the elements that are committed in this fight. But they are criminal groups that are well-armed, especially with weapons coming from the United States illegally into Mexico. I fully agree that both governments can work together to knock out and to do away fully with these criminal gangs.

And on the other issue, Mr. President, on trade I think we are moving forward in a very positive fashion, especially through the dialogue both of our teams are holding. You have a very big mark on our back, Mr. President, regarding who pays for the wall. This is what I suggest, Mr. President – let us stop talking about the wall. I have recognized the right of any government to protect its borders as it deems necessary and convenient. But my position has been and will continue to be very firm saying that Mexico cannot pay for that wall.

TRUMP

But you cannot say that to the press. The press is going to go with that and I cannot live with that. You cannot say that to the press because I cannot negotiate under those circumstances.
WaPo
http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/ ... 1c4acb82c8

Birfers are toast

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:37 am

Allan H. Creasy
Allan H. Creasy @ServeThe901
·
20h
Trump should build his wall out of Hillary's e-mails.

No one ever seems to get over them.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:52 am

You cannot say "you cannot say that" to another head of state.

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:07 am

Mikedunford wrote:You cannot say "you cannot say that" to another head of state.
Too late. He already did. Like a double dare ya.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:53 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:Allan H. Creasy
Allan H. Creasy @ServeThe901
·
20h
Trump should build his wall out of Hillary's e-mails.

No one ever seems to get over them.
:rotflmao:

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:45 am

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... story.html
Op-Ed Trump is breaking the federal government's promises to Native Americans

Trump’s advisors have repeatedly pushed for the privatization of Indian lands and resources. Before Trump even took office, the chair of his Native American Coalition, Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-Oklahoma), proposed that tribal land be put into private ownership and claimed the idea would receive widespread support from Indian tribes. Instead, the idea was widely condemned.

In May, Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke raised eyebrows at the National Tribal Energy Summit when he called for an “off-ramp” for taking native lands out of trust. “If tribes would have a choice of leaving Indian trust lands and becoming a corporation, tribes would take it,” he said.

Zinke’s comments bore a striking resemblance to the rationale used to justify Termination, an Eisenhower-era policy in which Indians were paid to dismantle their sovereign governments and relinquish their lands. Proponents of the policy argued that if Native Americans adopted the habits of “civilized life,” they would need less land, which, conveniently, also would mean the expansion of the United States. Congress imposed the policy, House Concurrent Resolution 108, without consulting Indian Country.

The policy proved so catastrophic that President Nixon ended it in 1970 with a strong repudiation, telling Congress, “Forced termination is wrong.” He went on to sign scores of legislative measures that restored the sovereignty of tribal nations. Every president since Nixon has embraced a policy of “self-determination without termination” — the idea that Native Americans are best equipped to govern themselves.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Santa Ana NWR:
The planned three-mile wall would severely impact resident wildlife and even cut off the Visitor Center from the rest of the refuge.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... story.html
Op-Ed Trump is breaking the federal government's promises to Native Americans

Trump’s advisors have repeatedly pushed for the privatization of Indian lands and resources. Before Trump even took office, the chair of his Native American Coalition, Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-Oklahoma), proposed that tribal land be put into private ownership and claimed the idea would receive widespread support from Indian tribes. Instead, the idea was widely condemned.

In May, Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke raised eyebrows at the National Tribal Energy Summit when he called for an “off-ramp” for taking native lands out of trust. “If tribes would have a choice of leaving Indian trust lands and becoming a corporation, tribes would take it,” he said.

Zinke’s comments bore a striking resemblance to the rationale used to justify Termination, an Eisenhower-era policy in which Indians were paid to dismantle their sovereign governments and relinquish their lands. Proponents of the policy argued that if Native Americans adopted the habits of “civilized life,” they would need less land, which, conveniently, also would mean the expansion of the United States. Congress imposed the policy, House Concurrent Resolution 108, without consulting Indian Country.

The policy proved so catastrophic that President Nixon ended it in 1970 with a strong repudiation, telling Congress, “Forced termination is wrong.” He went on to sign scores of legislative measures that restored the sovereignty of tribal nations. Every president since Nixon has embraced a policy of “self-determination without termination” — the idea that Native Americans are best equipped to govern themselves.
Off Topic
Well, Mullins, a member of the Cherokee Nation in OK (per Wikipedia) wants to do to the rest of the Indians what the Dawes Act already did to the Cherokee in Oklahoma. Isn't that nice.

"Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal.' "

-Steve Martin

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:12 pm

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Return to “Trump Administration”