Trump plan to BUILD THAT WALL!

DrIrvingFinegarten

Re: Trump plan to BUILD THAT WALL!

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:11 pm

And this guy has no concept of how eminent domain works.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:03 am

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:53 am

Gail Collins rocks.
Down the Rabbit Hole With Donald
It’s just another week under the mattress.
By Gail Collins Opinion Columnist
Jan. 11, 2019

If you had to pick the weirdest moment of the week, would it be:

The Coast Guard tries to buck up its unpaid civilian employees by suggesting they consider becoming dog walkers or giving music lessons.

In order to dramatize the dangers of life without a Mexico wall, Donald Trump goes to visit a Texas border city that just had its lowest crime rate in 34 years.

The president rebuts critics who say walling off a country is sort of medieval by pointing out that all cars have wheels and “a wheel is older than a wall.”

Multitudinous fact checkers point out that a wall is actually older than a wheel.

Feel free to add your own. Whatever you say, I’ll probably believe you. It’s as if we’ve fallen down a rabbit hole and landed in a Wonderland totally devoid of wonder. :lol:

Even if you really, really want Donald Trump to be a total failure hurtling his way back toward civilian life, it’s not comforting to have a president who’s so out to lunch. Just think about that trip to Texas. McAllen, the city Trump chose to demonstrate the terror of wall-free borders, was recently listed by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best places to retire in the nation. But the president, who was making only his second trip to the border since he took office, assured the public he knew how terrible things are because “I have been there numerous times.”

And that was just one tiny piece of his week! The big news, of course, was our catapult toward an all-time government shutdown record.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/opin ... e=Homepage
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:32 am

I'm still hoping I'll wake up one day, find Bobby Ewing in the shower and realize it's all been a bad dream.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:31 am

The Secure Fence Act of 2006 granted appropriations for 700 miles of fence, barriers, and surveillance, and by 2011 was over 99% completed. Trump states the border is 2000 miles long, but The Wall only needs to be 1000 miles long because terrain features provide natural barriers to crossing. That means he only needs 300 miles more of something to complete the project.

HilltownGrrl
Occupation: Researcher (for a non-fiction author); local child-wrangler; thread killer; piler of things on other things

Post by HilltownGrrl » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:32 am
I'm still hoping I'll wake up one day, find Bobby Ewing in the shower and realize it's all been a bad dream.
I think about that frequently, too. That or that we have a Scooby Doo ending.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/12/opin ... -wall.html
Since Mexico will pay for the wall eventually, the problem now is one of cash flow. Fortunately, we have financial instruments to deal with precisely this issue.

I propose that Trump pay the $5.7 billion himself, and then the U.S. will repay him (with a nice interest rate) as the Mexican payments for the wall pour in. The Federal Reserve can verify the Mexican income stream and forward the sums to Trump.

Since he’s so confident that the wall will pay for itself, he should be delighted with this option. Right, Mr. President?
Sounds OK to me. ;)
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Found this posted on FB by an old chum who loves Trump and Limbaugh.
Sekrit Stuffs!
:roll:

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 pm
Since Mexico will pay for the wall eventually, the problem now is one of cash flow. Fortunately, we have financial instruments to deal with precisely this issue.

I propose that Trump pay the $5.7 billion himself, and then the U.S. will repay him (with a nice interest rate) as the Mexican payments for the wall pour in. The Federal Reserve can verify the Mexican income stream and forward the sums to Trump.

Since he’s so confident that the wall will pay for itself, he should be delighted with this option. Right, Mr. President?
Sounds OK to me. ;)
Yeah ....... but Trump doesn't have that much ready cash soooo ...
... he'd have to borrow it from a Russian bank.

No problems there. I'm sure the bank's debt collection service would hold back a little of the concrete in case Mr. Trump found himself in need of a new pair of heavy shoes.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:38 pm
Volkonski wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 pm

Sounds OK to me. ;)
Yeah ....... but Trump doesn't have that much ready cash soooo ...
... he'd have to borrow it from a Russian bank.

No problems there. I'm sure the bank's debt collection service would hold back a little of the concrete in case Mr. Trump found himself in need of a new pair of heavy shoes.
HA! Give Russia the Wall as colateral, and let the Russians patrol the border at no extra cost to the US :lol:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:50 pm

I’m surprised he hasn’t thought of it yet: instead of a wall, a huge trench of burning coal.

Hard to get through, and it’d bring back all those coal mine jobs to boot! 8-)
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:05 pm
Found this posted on FB by an old chum who loves Trump and Limbaugh.
:snippity:

:roll:
Worst ever music!!! :sick:
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 pm

HilltownGrrl wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 pm
Kendra wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:32 am
I think about that frequently, too. That or that we have a Scooby Doo ending.
Yes, Scooby Doo!!!
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:30 pm

download.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:43 pm

Jinky!

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:11 pm

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Michael J wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:31 pm
Published on Jan 18, 2017
My old friend Larry Dobkin guest-starred as "Trump" in this prophetic episode of the 1958 Western TV series "Trackdown," starring Robert Culp.
Trump Trackdown

"You're under arrest, Trump." :clap:
Just watched it. I wonder if they intentionally cast a Fred Trump lookalike as the conman.

"I alone can save you."
ImageImageImage x4

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:31 pm

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-mick ... gn=organic

President Trump chastised his new chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, over his handling of shutdown talks, creating an awkward scene in front of congressional leaders of both parties, according to two sources who were present.

Behind the scenes: The encounter came near the end of a meeting in the White House Situation Room on Jan. 4, these sources said. Trump had spent the meeting restating his demand for $5.7 billion for his wall. (Vice President Pence, at Trump's behest, had previously asked the Democrats for just $2.5 billion.)

•Mulvaney inserted himself into the conversation and tried to negotiate a compromise sum of money, according to the sources in the room. Mulvaney said "that if Dems weren't OK with $5.7 [billion] and the president wasn't OK with $1.3 [the Democratic offer] ... he was trying to say we should find a middle ground," one of the sources said, paraphrasing Mulvaney's remarks.
•"Trump cut him off ... 'You just fucked it all up, Mick,'" the source recalled Trump saying. "It was kind of weird."
•Another source who was in the room confirmed the account. That source said their impression was that Trump was irritated at Mulvaney's negotiating style. "As a negotiator, Trump was resetting," the source said. "Mick was not reading the room or the president."
•A White House official, who was in the room, responded to Axios' questions about the encounter: "This is an exaggerated account of the exchange that doesn't reflect the good relationship Mulvaney has built over the last two years with the president." (The official did not deny the quote we provided, but denied that it was as heated a moment as some in the room perceived it to be.)
•The same WH official said, "The president and Mulvaney joked about it afterwards."

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:32 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/05/opin ... -wall.html

Opinion

No, Trump Cannot Declare an ‘Emergency’ to Build His Wall

If he did, and used soldiers to build it, they would all be committing a federal crime.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 pm

Armed Services chairman: Trump 'doesn't really understand' border security
BY MICHAEL BURKE - 01/06/19 09:41 AM EST

The new chairman of the House Armed Services Committee on Sunday said President Trump "doesn't really understand" border security as Trump continues to demand that a wall be built along the border with Mexico.

Rep. Adam Smith (D-Wash.) also said during an appearance on ABC's "This Week" that there is "no evidence whatsoever" that the southern border needs a wall, adding that portions of the border already have one.

"The president doesn't really understand the issue," he said. "A concrete barrier is not going to automatically stop people from coming."

“The wall is not in itself a bad idea," Smith added. "It’s just that it’s been done. And what the president has not done is he has not made the case that on the portions of the border where a wall has not been built, how is a wall going to enhance border security? There is no evidence whatsoever that that’s necessary.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-tal ... understand

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:01 pm

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:24 pm

:like:
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:46 pm

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/15/poli ... index.html

(CNN)A Republican Montana state senator and Republican delegates from West Virginia plan to introduce measures to allocate state funds to help build President Donald Trump's proposed wall along the southern US border.

Republican Montana state Sen. Scott Sales confirmed to CNN on Tuesday that he will propose a bill that would allocate $8 million in state funds to help build Trump's border wall.

The proposals come as the President and lawmakers remain locked in a standoff over Trump's demand that Congress allocate $5.7 billion to build a wall at the US-Mexico border. On Saturday, the partial government shutdown broke the record to become the longest government shutdown in US history -- with no end in sight.
:brickwallsmall:

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:32 am

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/68605666 ... -crossings
As the Trump administration demands funding for a border wall to stop illegal immigration, a new study finds that for the seventh consecutive year, visa overstays far exceeded unauthorized border crossings.

The report released Wednesday by the Center for Migration Studies of New York finds that from 2016-2017, visa overstayers accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

"It is clear from our research that persons who overstay their visas add to the US undocumented population at a higher rate than border crossers. This is not a blip, but a trend which has become the norm," said Donald Kerwin, CMS's executive director in a statement. "As these numbers indicate, construction of hundreds of more miles of border wall would not address the challenge of irregular migration into our country, far from it."

The study also finds that the undocumented population from Mexico fell by almost 400,000 people in 2017 and that since 2010 the number of undocumented from that country fell by 1.3 million.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Return to “Trump Administration”