Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

RTH10260

Re: Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:16 pm
https:// twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/987820963038449664
“At least two Memos Comey shared with a friend contained Classified Information.” Wall Street Journal
Why does dotus get that information from the WaPo and not in his daily briefings directly from the DOJ ???

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:10 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 pm
Kendra wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:16 pm
https:// twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/987820963038449664
“At least two Memos Comey shared with a friend contained Classified Information.” Wall Street Journal
Why does dotus get that information from the WaPo and not in his daily briefings directly from the DOJ ???
:confused: :confused:

He doesn't pay attention to the DB? He's tweeting again this morning. Should quiet down when they get him to the golf course.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:13 pm

What brought this on?

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:13 pm
What brought this on?
Probably his daily meeting with his lawyers. I guess it didn't go like he wanted.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Suranis wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:33 pm
Kendra wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:13 pm
What brought this on?
Probably his daily meeting with his lawyers. I guess it didn't go like he wanted.
Nah, I don't think he's back from FL yet, and do the lawyers work on Sundays? :?:

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Au contraire, Señor Pendejo Naranja. It's a bitch hunt, and ... you da bitch. :mrgreen:

"When my fist clenches, crack it open,
before I use it and lose my cool,
and when I smile, tell me some bad news,
before I laugh, and act like a fool."
- The Who

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:49 pm

There is a Revolution going on in California. Soooo many Sanctuary areas want OUT of this ridiculous, crime infested & breeding concept. Jerry Brown is trying to back out of the National Guard at the Border, but the people of the State are not happy. Want Security & Safety NOW!
WTF. "Breeding Concept?"

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:52 pm

When April Ryan asked Sanders WTF does this mean
But a reporter noted that the term “breeding” evokes animals procreating – a notion that Sanders appeared to reject.

“I'm not going to begin to think what you think,” she said, adding that while the word “breeding” can mean “a lot of things,” the president was talking about what she called a growing problem in California and other states with so-called sanctuary cities.

“I don't have anything else to add,” Sanders said.
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/wh- ... d=54663650

bob

Post by bob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:55 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:49 pm
WTF. "Breeding Concept?"
Anchor babies by another name.

There are many articles noting "breeding" and "infested" are race-baiting dog whistles. Of course, neither the whistler nor whistlees care.

(Others more charitable think it was an autocorrection, and likely was meant to be "breeding contempt.")

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:58 pm

Chilidog wrote:
https:// mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/986544648477868032
There is a Revolution going on in California. Soooo many Sanctuary areas want OUT of this ridiculous, crime infested & breeding concept. Jerry Brown is trying to back out of the National Guard at the Border, but the people of the State are not happy. Want Security & Safety NOW!
WTF. "Breeding Concept?"
More like the people of CA are not happy to have to fund a yuuuge National Guard presence in an area where the Border Patrol have things well under control and fenced in. And dotus implies that the National Guard were going to keep crime down/low. A great lie as always as they have no law enforcement duties and are stationed in the border area, not in the population centers where crime may be a problem, US citizens included.

vic

Post by vic » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:02 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:58 pm
Chilidog wrote:
https:// mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/986544648477868032
WTF. "Breeding Concept?"
More like the people of CA are not happy to have to fund a yuuuge National Guard presence in an area where the Border Patrol have things well under control and fenced in. And dotus implies that the National Guard were going to keep crime down/low. A great lie as always as they have no law enforcement duties and are stationed in the border area, not in the population centers where crime may be a problem, US citizens included.
Governor Brown agreed to send National Guard, but only if they weren't used for immigration enforcement, but rather to deal with guns, drugs, and human trafficking. And the Pentagon is funding the deployment, not the state.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essenti ... story.html

As far as areas attempting to not be covered by the "sanctuary laws", so far, it's just been the county supervisors and some cities in Orange and San Diego counties, and a couple of cities in two other counties. They've voted to ignore the laws, but so far, only the city of Los Alamitos actually passed an ordinance:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/23/ ... n-they-go/

The ACLU is suing Los Alamitos:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/19/ ... uary-laws/

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:52 pm
When April Ryan asked Sanders WTF does this mean
But a reporter noted that the term “breeding” evokes animals procreating – a notion that Sanders appeared to reject.

“I'm not going to begin to think what you think,” she said, adding that while the word “breeding” can mean “a lot of things,” the president was talking about what she called a growing problem in California and other states with so-called sanctuary cities.

“I don't have anything else to add,” Sanders said.
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/wh- ... d=54663650
April isn't afraid to ask the real questions.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 pm

Sanders didn't answer the question. What did she think April was thinking?

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:15 pm

bob wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:55 pm
(Others more charitable think it was an autocorrection, and likely was meant to be "breeding contempt.")
That actually makes sense.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:08 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 pm
Sanders didn't answer the question. What did she think April was thinking?
I think it harkens back to Sarah's "you would only think that if your mind is in the gutter" comment from several weeks ago.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:35 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:15 pm
bob wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:55 pm
That actually makes sense.
But it doesn't. Try diagramming this sentence with "contempt."
There is a Revolution going on in California. Soooo many Sanctuary areas want OUT of this ridiculous, crime infested & breeding contempt.

They want out of this ridiculous yadda yadda yadda . . . contempt.

Huh?

He's getting less lucid.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:40 pm

Also, too, the phrase "breeding contempt" is not in Trump's 4th grade vocabulary.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:52 am

But wait. If he had written it this way, as “crime-infested & -breeding concept...”, wouldn’t you think the Dotard meant “crime-breeding concept [sanctuary cities]”? It’s not any better than the other thing, but it makes more sense to me than that other thing everyone thinks he meant.

Sometimes my side makes me :cantlook: . A mindlessly baying pack is just annoying.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:12 am

Think its time to introduce Dan Scavino - the White House's Social Media Director, an the guy that Collaborates or writes at least 50% of Trumps social media posts. For a lot of them he tidies up the spelling and grammar and suggests ways to phrase stuff. He also writes the "I am going to be here today" posts that Trump finds too boring to bother with, and probably some other posts. He has nothing to do with the early morning on the toilet shit that he posts, but he is right there for a lot of them.

And he is VERY publicity shy. Trump wants everyone to think all his twits are 100% his own, and Dan knows that the mortal sin is to steal some of THE STAR's limelight. Oh yeah and he has ties to Russia. SURPRISE!!

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/19/60390485 ... -president
Who Is The Mystery Man Behind @realDonaldTrump? (Besides The President)

April 19, 20181:54 PM ET

Journalist Robert Draper says White House social media director Dan Scavino has a hand in crafting about half of the president's tweets.
Matt Rourke/AP

Just who controls the Twitter handle @realDonaldTrump? If you guessed the president, journalist Robert Draper says you might be only partially correct.

Draper's recent New York Times Magazine article profiles White House social media director Dan Scavino — a man Draper estimates helps craft about half of the president's tweets.

Scavino first met Trump on the golf course in 1990, when he worked as Trump's caddie. Three decades later, Draper says, a certain golf-course dynamic still exists between the president and the man who helps manage his Twitter feed.

"Dan Scavino doesn't have an ideology other than loving Donald Trump," Draper says. "He does ... whatever Trump wants him to do — and in that sense he was then and still is a kind of caddie."

Draper says that Scavino deliberately shies away from the limelight: "[The White House] would prefer that we see [@realDonaldTump] as the unvarnished Donald Trump." But, Draper adds, "Dan Scavino, a person most Americans have never heard of, is in a lot of ways a more acute window onto Trump than almost any other. ... No one understands Trump's base ... more than Dan Scavino."

Interview Highlights

On Scavino's aggressive defense of the president on Twitter

Scavino is yet another individual who was a perfectly normal soul, so it seemed, until he fell down the Trump rabbit hole. As this Westchester County suburbanite, one would never have expected a person like Dan Scavino to become a Donald Trump attack dog, but that is, in fact, what has taken place — both on Trump's Twitter account and on Dan Scavino's personal Twitter account. ... To the extent that Trump believes in (as he puts it) "counter-punching," Dan Scavino is very much a part of that counterpunching mechanism.

On which of Trump's tweets may have been crafted by Scavino

If you look at Trump's Twitter page, you'll see, for one thing, a few sort of anodyne things: "I'll be at such-and-such a place at 1 o'clock." Trump's not writing that; Dan Scavino is.

Then you'll see other things that will say, "I'm not the corrupt one; Hillary Clinton is corrupt." And it will list three or four reasons why Hillary Clinton is the corrupt one, not Trump. Well, that's Trump, but it's Trump in "collusion," as it were, with Scavino, who will supply the litany of examples.

There are also some tweets that Trump will dictate to Scavino and Scavino will then polish them up, make sure there are no grammatical errors or anything like that. Trump will look at them and then say, "OK, that looks good," or "No, no. I want you to put this back in." Then he'll say, "Go ahead and hit send," and Scavino will do so. ...

There certainly are tweets that Trump himself writes in the dark of night or first thing in the morning that Dan Scavino sees when the rest of the world sees. That's probably about half of the tweets overall. But of the 37,000 or so tweets that Trump has sent out, Dan Scavino is responsible for — at least as a "co-conspirator" to — about half of those.
Read the rest at the link.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Carl von Ossietsky wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:40 am
If I didn't know that POTUS doesn't drink I would say he tweets drunk..
I've been thinking about this lately. Since he lies about about everything else how can we know he doesn't drink?

Welcome to TFB BTW. :dance:

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:15 pm

Reality Check wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:05 pm
I've been thinking about this lately. Since he lies about about everything else how can we know he doesn't drink?

Welcome to TFB BTW. :dance:
That's one of the few things he has been consistent on. And I'd expect a picture or video clip some time in the past couple decades to have surfaced by now, or at least someone who smelled it.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:21 pm

Turtle wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:15 pm
That's one of the few things he has been consistent on. And I'd expect a picture or video clip some time in the past couple decades to have surfaced by now, or at least someone who smelled it.
You are probably correct Turtle. Mrs. RC reminded me that his brother Fred Jr. died from alcoholism too.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:44 pm

I think of him as a dry drunk.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:45 pm

Mrs. Betty Bowers
@BettyBowers
“When the aging gorilla is confronted with the much more virile, new alpha-male, he shows submissiveness by grooming the alpha-male, but the gesture is actually a vain attempt by the old gorilla to humiliate his much younger rival.”

— Jane Goodall

11:21 AM - Apr 24, 2018

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 pm

Once again Mrs, Betty Bowers nails it. :lovestruck:

"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Return to “Trump Administration”