In the comments on tweet above.

MsDaisy

Re: Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

Post by MsDaisy »

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Now that wasn’t very nice, was it?
Quote Tweet
Tom Fitton @TomFitton · 19h
John McCain tried to destroy @realDonaldTrump with false accusations of treason by spreading the garbage Clinton- DNC Dossier.
11:41 PM · Dec 27, 2019
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
:madguy:
Birfers are toast

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Donald J. Trump Retweeted
Wow Crazy Nancy, what’s going on? This is big stuff!
Quote Tweet
Constitutional Republic TEXT TRUMP 88022 @Text88022 · 20h .@oann exposes those DemocRATS & their Ukraine ties Joe & Hunter & Nancy & Paul; seems like it’s a Family Affair What’s going on here?
Pay attention to 1:13 in this video as it has been removed from social media
Embedded video
9:31 PM · Dec 27, 2019
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Birfers are toast

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

MsDaisy wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:44 am

It's okay. He's throwing out any and all BS he can to try and deflect. It's what a guilty man does.

I'm pissed he again attacked McCain and I wish the Senator was still alive to put President bone-spurs in his place.

But this is the road that will be traveled for now. Just focus.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

neonzx wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:10 am
It's okay. He's throwing out any and all BS he can to try and deflect. It's what a guilty man does.
Yep, and the depths of his fucking arrogance is matched only by his ignorance!

California and New York must do something about their TREMENDOUS Homeless problems. They are setting records! If their Governors can’t handle the situation, which they should be able to do very easily, they must call and “politely” ask for help. Would be so easy with competence!
8:33 AM · Dec 28, 2019
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
I hope Nancy NEVER sends the articles to the Senate. I'd be perfectly happy to see him rot in this impeachment that he can never even claim vindication from, and that will never wash off. :nope:
Birfers are toast

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

MsDaisy wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:04 am
neonzx wrote:
Yep, and the depths of his fucking arrogance is matched only by his ignorance!

California and New York must do something about their TREMENDOUS Homeless problems. They are setting records! If their Governors can’t handle the situation, which they should be able to do very easily, they must call and “politely” ask for help. Would be so easy with competence!
8:33 AM · Dec 28, 2019
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
I hope Nancy NEVER sends the articles to the Senate. I'd be perfectly happy to see him rot in this impeachment that he can never even claim vindication from, and that will never wash off. :nope:
CA and NY could buy bus tickets for Florida.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Are recaps of Trump daily tweets allowed?
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx wrote:
MsDaisy wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:44 am

I'm pissed he again attacked McCain and I wish the Senator was still alive to put President bone-spurs in his place.

But this is the road that will be traveled for now. Just focus.
I have been :daydream: of SNL doing a Night before Christmas skit haunting Lindsey Graham, but I would happily settle for Trump getting it instead.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

While I am outraged at Trump's behavior with regard to the whistleblower - which I regard as effectively encouraging the least stable of his supporters to take violent action against the whistleblower's life - I'm beginning to wonder if Trump isn't seeing something of a diminishing returns issue with his tweets.

A single tweet from Trump is what Republican lawmakers all fear, right? The one that names and shames them for being insufficiently loyal, thus summoning the fearsome Trump-endorsed primary opponent. (I've never actually understood this fear. Have any Republicans in Congress looked up Eric Cantor and how he's been doing since he got bounced by Dave Brat in a primary? Yeah, he's making like a million and a half a year at a Wall Street investment bank. Call me crazy, but it seems like the life of a primary-defeated Republican congresscritter ain't all that bad.)

Well, he's kind of diluting the brand with all of these 150+ tweet days. And it smacks quite a lot of desperation. I know, I know. He's never been one to sit back and leave anything unsaid, or to simply have quiet confidence in his position. And maybe his most addled supporters don't see or don't care to see that his ravings make him look like a small, frightened man lashing out at the world, rather than the powerful confident leader he pretends to be. But I wonder if a few percentage points worth of Trumpy voters don't see that the accelerating tweeting projects weakness and fear.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Not to mention the mocking that shows up in the comments. And none of them have figured out yet that one simple mistake in a tweet will result in a hundred responses with actual facts, video clips, and all manner of other proof that he's full of shit. That has to have some impact on them.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

I can’t remember exactly which ex-congressman it was, but recently on MSNBC one of them said being a congressman was really not such a great job and there really is life after congress.

Eric Cantor and John Boehner are both good examples.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
So sad to see that New York City and State are falling apart. All they want to do is investigate to make me hate them even more than I should. Governor Cuomo has lost control, and lost his mind. Very bad for the homeless and all!
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Apparently Comey is a dirty cop and scum.
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Crazy Nancy Pelosi should spend more time in her her decaying city and less time on the Impeachment Hoax!
Pelosi getting on his nerves?

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

fierceredpanda wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:01 pm
But I wonder if a few percentage points worth of Trumpy voters don't see that the accelerating tweeting projects weakness and fear.
Even if it doesn't get through to committed Trump voters, there's going to be an effect on independent voters, who must be just dropping jaws in disbelief at some of the things Trump's been saying.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

How many of the "anyone but Hillary" crowd are getting a wakeup call?

Addie

Post by Addie »

Crooks and Liars: So....Donald Trump Is Completely Melting Down On Twitter

Donald Trump seems to be handling impeachment very well, and by "very well," I mean REALLY badly.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Azastan wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:12 pm
fierceredpanda wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:01 pm
But I wonder if a few percentage points worth of Trumpy voters don't see that the accelerating tweeting projects weakness and fear.
Even if it doesn't get through to committed Trump voters, there's going to be an effect on independent voters, who must be just dropping jaws in disbelief at some of the things Trump's been saying.
reminds me of this: (Republicans not Independents)
George Conway Retweeted
Joe Walsh
@WalshFreedom
6h
This thread describes much of what I’m hearing more & more on the campaign trail speaking with Republican voters.
Quote Tweet
Jared Yates Sexton
@JYSexton
· 15h
My conversations with Trump supporters have changed recently. After initial pushback, they’re admitting he’s too concerned with himself, that he’s a volatile rich guy helping other rich guys. They admit he’s a weapon, but they’re tiring of him.

The facade is breaking.

Jon Favreau
@jonfavs
· 15h
Trump’s record:

Manufacturing job losses
Higher prices
Higher debt
More uninsured
More underinsured
More inequality

And all he can do his rage tweet

Start saying it. Start repeating it
Show this thread
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Show this thread
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
:doh: Sorry for the mess. It is a pain to get all these tweets posted here correctly.
continue with Jared Yates Sexton tweets on his thread. I am posting from the top down, so you can read these from the bottom to the top. Or it doesn't make much difference in this case, imo.
The Trump supporters I’m talking to have all supported him without question. But for all his bragging about the market, they’re not seeing any differences. They’re tired of his whole act and admit, when they feel safe, that they know he committed crimes with the Ukraine call.

You’re not going to get the Trump cultists, the ones who’ve wrapped their identities around him, the ones who need him as a culture warrior. But the ones who saw him as a populist champion who would fight for him? They’re shifting. And they’re wide open for the taking.

Some of these are the notorious Obama/Trump voters. Midwesterners who voted for both because they feel like politicians in general don’t work for them. They thought Trump would and they realize it was a big, fat lie. They’re looking for someone else. Quietly, but still looking.

The Trump performance was funny for them. It reminded them of their own gruffness. But they’re sick of the bragging, the boasting, the unnecessary fights and endless feuds. They just want someone to work for them and they don’t care what if it’s a Democrat.

For anyone who follows me, you know I’m skeptical about the political moment. But Trump’s base is shifting and the numbers aren’t hard. The conversations are changing drastically. He can be beaten. He could be blown out. It’s just about messaging and appeals.

These Trump supporters don’t care about Home Alone 2 edits or Trump’s privileged kids playing hunter and dressing in camo between private jet rides. They see through that garbage. They want someone in DC who isn’t bought and sold and will fight for them. That’s how you get them.
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

different topic - another series of tweets on his feed
Dec 26
Until the media turns their back on politics as entertainment and portrays this as an asymmetrical political breakdown that’s inherently dangerous, they’re complicit. They are actively enabling a death spiral and cannot continue pretending they’re blameless.
Show this thread
·
Dec 26
And this was always going to happen as long as politics was a business and an entertainment. The media was ripe for exploitation and they continue to be. They have to start questioning their world in major ways, take responsibility, and see the crisis they’ve helped create.
Show this thread

Dec 26
Back in 2016, going to rallies, I was shocked by the behind the scenes talk. Pundits would admit Trump was deranged and poisonous, but they’d openly discuss the increased attention, talk about juicing him like a fruit for ratings and profit. It was a scam from day one.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Screenshot_20191229-091034-37.jpg
:lol:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Diminishing returns for sure. The McCain stuff was public knowledge back in 2017 and the OAN stuff won't be taken seriously if he can't get it some air time outside the bubble. He is just repeatedly posting on certain topics and hoping someone else will pick them up.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Screenshot_20191229-103027-38.jpg
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

more about this
George Conway Retweeted

Manu Raju
@mkraju
Lindsey Graham told me in March he urged McCain to turn dossier over to FBI. “I told him the only thing I knew to do with it, it could be a bunch of garbage, it could be true, who knows? Turn it over to somebody who's job it is to find these things out." https://cnn.com/2019/03/25/politics/lin ... index.html
Quote Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· Dec 27
Now that wasn’t very nice, was it?
8:46 PM · Dec 27, 2019
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

tek

Post by tek »

So remind me, Donny: which items in the dossier have been proven false, which have been corroborated, and which are neither?

Cat got your tongue?
There's no way back
from there to here

busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Upthread, Dolly quoted "Until the media turns their back on politics as entertainment..."

That's the crux of the issue, but it's impossible. You can't blame the media, as they answer to their viewership. If Facebook or Twitter or the NYT turned their back on entertainment, they would lose their audience. Perhaps the audience could turn their back, or capitalism could turn its back, which happens from time to time. Then a new form of entertainment comes along.

We live in an age where user-generated content is king. The inane comments that follow any story are entertainment, pure and simple. The game is pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey. You can't blame the donkey. Donkeys come and go. You can't remove the blindfolds, there would be no game anymore.

The audience wants politics with their choice of dressing on a platter with fries. I've seen this with my own eyes. But politics are war. Media is war. Winners and losers are determined by metrics. That's the way things are.

Many people find Trump more entertaining than Obama, or the current batch of challengers. I agree with the premise but I can't think of any answer here. At least in the big picture. Smaller organizations with dedicated compatriots may be able to weather the storm. It goes far beyond Twump's Tweets. He's just a symptom. It's a big storm.

I don't post very often so Happy New Year to you all. Thanks for all the articles and stuff you post, it's a good way to catch up with the news.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Screenshot_20191230-130714-40.jpg
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

busterbunker wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:42 am
That's the crux of the issue, but it's impossible. You can't blame the media, as they answer to their viewership. If Facebook or Twitter or the NYT turned their back on entertainment, they would lose their audience. Perhaps the audience could turn their back, or capitalism could turn its back, which happens from time to time. Then a new form of entertainment comes along.
This.

Media outlets are like politicians. It is not that they made some kind of choice to be the way they are, they are a result of the system they are operating in, the system who's metrics decide who rises and who falls, so that only people or institutions with particular priorities and actions do well. If they try to act differently than whatever is currently required to succeed, they will be replaced by those who do not.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

neonzx wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:09 pm
Screenshot_20191230-130714-40.jpg
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
its always the fuck about him.

I am so sick of this fuck maggot GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I hope the fucker explodes

JESUS

Return to “Trump Administration”