Re: Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

Post by Foggy »

"May you live in interesting times."
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Interesting Times? Will Teh Donald now make an appearance on a TIME first page :?: :think: :o :lol:

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
100% Republican Vote. That’s what people are talking about. The Republicans are united like never before!
7:31 AM · Dec 19, 2019
One Republican votes yes and 19 voted Present. YThats not exactly 100%, is it.

I wonder did anyone tell him?
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Did anyone tell him that 100% of House Republicans does not make an Electoral College :?:

bob

Post by bob »

fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:40 am
I disagree with Tribe here. The Constitution gives the Senate the power to try all impeachments, full stop. The House has the "sole power of impeachment."
Joel Pollak (of Breitbart; HLS JD) agrees. But:
Pollak wrote:If Pelosi refuses to submit the articles of impeachment to the Senate, McConnell can convene the Senate anyway, summon the Chief Justice, and swear in the Senators as jurors.
Pollak makes the same error Tribe does: Pollak assumes that, if summoned, the Chief will comply. What if the Chief instead sends back a note saying, "no formal transmission, no trial; HAND"?
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Pollak's HLS law degree doesn't impress me any more than his awful beard or his ridiculous commentary. But he makes an interesting point, however grudgingly I may concede that.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

If you are going to extend the analogy of the Grand Jury, then it is the act of "handing up" the indictment to the judge so he can put it on his docket that makes it effective.

If the Grand Jury votes and then hangs on to the indictment, there isn't really anything for the judge to put on his docket and so there is nothing for him to do.

Right?

edit: To extend the analogy further, perhaps to absurdity, if you want to force the Grand Jury to hand up the indictment, then you'll need a court order or Writ of Mandamus to make them do it, which the courts won't do to the House of Representatives because it would be a political question/co-equal branch of government type of issue.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:40 am
I disagree with Tribe here. The Constitution gives the Senate the power to try all impeachments, full stop. The House has the "sole power of impeachment." My reading of that, and the reading most harmonious with the historical record, is that the Senate can make its own rules and set its own calendar for disposing of an impeachment just as it can with any other Senate business. That's how they set the schedule for the trial when Clinton was impeached. I don't think the House can control a thing as far as when, how, or even if a trial takes place.
I don't think Tribe is saying the Senate can't control when to set the trial. He's talking about the "immediately" part. That part does not require the House to send the Articles over immediately. It only applies (if the Senate wants to keep the "immediately" part) once the Senate has received the Articles.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

bob

Post by bob »

SLQ wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:45 pm
I don't think Tribe is saying the Senate can't control when to set the trial. He's talking about the "immediately" part. That part does not require the House to send the Articles over immediately. It only applies (if the Senate wants to keep the "immediately" part) once the Senate has received the Articles.
Tribe's argument is akin to the Garland nomination: If nothing requires the Senate to act on the president's judicial nominations, then nothing requires the House to transmit its impeachment to the Senate.
fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:37 pm
Pollak's HLS law degree doesn't impress me any more than his awful beard or his ridiculous commentary.
Pollak is a friend's brother. "The family gatherings are always interesting!" is all my friend needs to say about that.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

I will be signing our 738 Billion Dollar Defense Spending Bill today. It will include 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave, gives our troops a raise, importantly creates the SPACE FORCE, SOUTHERN BORDER WALL FUNDING, repeals “Cadillac Tax” on Health Plans, raises smocking age to 21! BIG
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A far left magazine, or very “progressive,” as some would call it, which has been doing poorly and hasn’t been involved with the Billy Graham family for many years, Christianity Today, knows nothing about reading a perfect transcript of a routine phone call and would rather.....

...have a Radical Left nonbeliever, who wants to take your religion & your guns, than Donald Trump as your President. No President has done more for the Evangelical community, and it’s not even close. You’ll not get anything from those Dems on stage. I won’t be reading ET again!

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kendra wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:23 am
A far left magazine, or very “progressive,” as some would call it, which has been doing poorly and hasn’t been involved with the Billy Graham family for many years, Christianity Today, knows nothing about reading a perfect transcript of a routine phone call and would rather.....

...have a Radical Left nonbeliever, who wants to take your religion & your guns, than Donald Trump as your President. No President has done more for the Evangelical community, and it’s not even close. You’ll not get anything from those Dems on stage. I won’t be reading ET again!
I think it's a pretty safe bet that Trump never heard of Christianity Today until this week.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:56 am

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Trump never heard of Christianity Today until this week.
I'm pretty sure he's never read CT once, never mind 'again'.

Can't help lying.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Implicit admission that he’s not Christian?

much ado

Post by much ado »

Jeffrey wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:35 pm
Implicit admission that he’s not Christian?
No, he's just being a moron.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

LOL he is really stewing over that editorial.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

I’m waiting for the tweet that he’s the Evangelicals favorite president. We know that IMPOTUS won’t be able to resist writing that.

Also too, I really love the newest name and plan to use it from now on.
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The Democrat Party’s Witch Hunt and CRAZY EXTREME policies are chasing common sense people out of the Dem Party. That’s why Jeff Van Drew (@CongressmanJVD) voted NO on the Impeachment Hoax. Jeff will be joining our growing Republican Party....

....and has my FULL Endorsement. This is a BIG win for our GOP and a BIG win for South Jersey. South Jersey is TRUMP COUNTRY, so I know ALL NJ Republicans will join me in supporting Jeff Van Drew. The Dems are already coming after him, so help Jeff win.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thank you to Franklin Graham for stating that his father, the late great Billy Graham, voted for me in the 2016 Election. I know how pleased you are with the work we have all done together!

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

[quote]....have a Radical Left nonbeliever, who wants to take your religion & your guns, than Donald Trump as your President./quote]

Actually, for now they just want to replace you with Mike Pence.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
Last night I was so proud to have signed the largest Defense Bill ever. The very vital Space Force was created. New planes, ships, missiles, rockets and equipment of every kind, and all made right here in the USA. Additionally, we got Border Wall (being built) funding. Nice!
from a reply,

:P
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Crazy Nancy wants to dictate terms on the Impeachment Hoax to the Republican Majority Senate, but striped away all Due Process, no lawyers or witnesses, on the Democrat Majority House. The Dems just wish it would all end. Their case is dead, their poll numbers are horrendous!
3:18 PM · Dec 22, 2019·
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
The Democrats and Crooked Hillary paid for & provided a Fake Dossier, with phony information gotten from foreign sources, pushed it to the corrupt media & Dirty Cops, & have now been caught. They spied on my campaign, then tried to cover it up - Just Like Watergate, but bigger!
5:14 PM · Dec 22, 2019
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Birfers are toast

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Crazy Nancy wants to dictate terms on the Impeachment Hoax to the Republican Majority Senate, but striped away all Due Process, no lawyers or witnesses, on the Democrat Majority House.........
George Conway
@gtconway3d
·2h
outrages and rediculous—you would think someone would council him on that

Quote Tweet
Eric Columbus
@EricColumbus
· 2h
Given whom he’s paid hush money to, you’d think he’d know how to spell “stripped”.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

.............. They spied on my campaign, then tried to cover it up - Just Like Watergate, but bigger!
George Conway
@gtconway3d
2h
Straight-out lies. No respect for the public.
1:08 PM · Dec 22, 2019

Quote Tweet
Kevin McCarthy
@GOPLeader
· 4h
The FBI broke into President Trump’s campaign, spied on him, then tried to cover it up.

This is a modern-day Watergate.
<video at that tweet>
10:34 AM · Dec 22, 2019

George Conway Retweeted
Bradley P. Moss
@BradMossEsq
2h
This is a disgusting lie and you know it. Literally not what the report found.
12:45 PM · Dec 22, 2019

Quote Tweet
Kevin McCarthy
@GOPLeader
· 4h
The FBI broke into President Trump’s campaign, spied on him, then tried to cover it up.

This is a modern-day Watergate.
<video>
10:34 AM · Dec 22, 2019
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MsDaisy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:57 pm
Crazy Nancy wants to dictate terms on the Impeachment Hoax to the Republican Majority Senate, but striped away all Due Process, no lawyers or witnesses, on the Democrat Majority House. The Dems just wish it would all end. Their case is dead, their poll numbers are horrendous!
3:18 PM · Dec 22, 2019·
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
The Democrats and Crooked Hillary paid for & provided a Fake Dossier, with phony information gotten from foreign sources, pushed it to the corrupt media & Dirty Cops, & have now been caught. They spied on my campaign, then tried to cover it up - Just Like Watergate, but bigger!
5:14 PM · Dec 22, 2019
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
You forgot the Happy Hanukkah sandwiches between those tweets :blink:

Return to “Trump Administration”