Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

MN-Skeptic

Re: Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Dolly wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:27 pm

Senators cannot be impeached, but can face recall votes in some states. Utah does not have any provisions in state law for recalling a sitting senator.

According to the U.S. Constitution, a U.S. Senator can be expelled by a 2/3 vote of the Senate.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:50 pm
Dolly wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:27 pm

Senators cannot be impeached, but can face recall votes in some states. Utah does not have any provisions in state law for recalling a sitting senator.

According to the U.S. Constitution, a U.S. Senator can be expelled by a 2/3 vote of the Senate.
Thanks for the reminder. :bighug:
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, there are no states that allow recall (or impeachment) of a US senator. :doh:

A fine publication, The Hill. Would that its writers knew anything about the Constitution. :blackeye:
In other news, scientists have discovered that water is wet. Film at 11.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

Foggy wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:29 pm
Yeah, there are no states that allow recall (or impeachment) of a US senator. :doh:

A fine publication, The Hill. Would that its writers knew anything about the Constitution. :blackeye:
I am under the impression that if there was a state law like that, it would be unconstitutional.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

What happens when a Senator is expelled and the state refuses to hold a new election?

Because to do that, the GOP would basically decrease their own majority.

bob

Post by bob »

:brickwallsmall:

No state can recall a federal senator. I appreciate highlighting the current president's ignorance, but not with more ignorance.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

poplove

Post by poplove »

:crazy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image x3

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Turtle wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:46 pm
What happens when a Senator is expelled and the state refuses to hold a new election?

Because to do that, the GOP would basically decrease their own majority.

The rules for replacing a Senator's unexpired vacancy are up to the States, the Senate was originally where the States were represented and the House where the People were. In some states, you have to have a special election, in some, The Governor appoints one until either the next federal Election to serve the remainder of the term, or to just serve out the rest of the term. At least one state requires the replacement to be the same party as the one who vacates the office, but some let the Governor pick whomever he wants, which would be his/her own party. I have seen a discussion of the legality of a Governor appointing himself. I think it might be possible that a state might fill a vacancy by legislative appointment but I can't think of one.

A House vacancy can only be filled by a new election, either the next federal election or special election to fill the seat.
US Senate wrote:The Seventeenth Amendment to the Constitution (1913) established direct election of senators, as well as a means of filling vacant Senate seats. If a vacancy occurs due to a senator's death, resignation, or expulsion, the Seventeenth Amendment allows state legislatures to empower the governor to appoint a replacement to complete the term or to hold office until a special election can take place. There are a few exceptions to this rule. Some states require a special election to fill a vacancy. A few states require the governor to appoint a replacement of the same political party as the previous incumbent. The date when a senator appointed to fill a vacancy is succeeded by a senator elected to fill the remainder of the term depends on a number of factors./
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“President Trump would be negligent if he did not bring this matter, Biden, up. If the V.P. of the U.S. is self enriching & engaged in criminal behavior, at a minimum corrupt behavior, it ought to be looked at.” Peter Schweizer, author, “Secret Empires.”
@marklevinshow

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

Kendra wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:11 pm

“President Trump would be negligent if he did not bring this matter, Biden, up. If the V.P. of the U.S. is self enriching & engaged in criminal behavior, at a minimum corrupt behavior, it ought to be looked at.” Peter Schweizer, author, “Secret Empires.”
@marklevinshow
Emolument clause?

To paraphrase Jim Wright - “No more self awareness than a dog licking itself in public”

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It is INCREDIBLE to watch and read the Fake News and how they pull out all stops to protect Sleepy Joe Biden and his thrown out of the Military son, Hunter, who was handed $100,000 a month (Plus,Plus) from a Ukrainian based company, even though he had no experience in energy,...

....and separately got 1.5 Billion Dollars from China despite no experience and for no apparent reason. There is NO WAY these can be legitimate transactions? As lawyers & others have stated, as President, I have an OBLIGATION to look into possible, or probable, CORRUPTION!
Is this the new narrative? He's got a sacred obligation to look into corruption wherever it is?

Requesting a moving the goalposts skills from our fearless leader.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The Democrats are lucky that they don’t have any Mitt Romney types. They may be lousy politicians, with really bad policies (Open Borders, Sanctuary Cities etc.), but they stick together!

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The Biden family was PAID OFF, pure and simple! The fake news must stop making excuses for something that is totally inexcusable. Sleepy Joe said he never spoke to the Ukrainian company, and then the picture came out where he was playing golf with the company boss and Hunter.....

...And by the way, I would LOVE running against 1% Joe Biden - I just don’t think it’s going to happen. Sleepy Joe won’t get to the starting gate, & based on all of the money he & his family probably “extorted,” Joe should hang it up. I wouldn’t want him dealing with China & U!

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

That fuckin' lunatic acts worse than my PBS 6th graders. What a dufus

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Good job, I must say, by Bob Woodward on “Deface the Nation.” The CBS no name host(ess), and other guest, Peter Baker of The Failing New York Times, were totally biased, boring and wrong (as usual), but Woodward was cool, calm and interesting. Thank you Bob!
FTR, I think this is the clip he's talking about. Is this "no name" hostess he's referencing the same one who went viral after Pompeo got caught up in his lies? (too lazy to Google much).

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

a reply to the "Deface the Nation" tweet
Devin Nunes’ cow 🐮
@DevinCow
·
4m
Replying to
@realDonaldTrump
You should read the book
@realBobWoodward
wrote about you
Fear: Trump in the White House
OVER 2 MILLION COPIES SOLD RUNAWAY #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SENSATIONAL #1 INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER “Explosive.”—The Washington Post “Devastating.”—The New Yorker “Unprecedented.”—CNN “Great...
amazon.com
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd of “Meet the Press” had a total meltdown in his interview with highly reaspected Senator @RonJohnsonWI. Seems that a not very bright Chuck just wasn’t getting the answers he was looking for in order to make me look as bad as possible. I did NOTHING wrong!
I watched the whole interview. I would not call that a meltdown, more like a frustrated journalist being stonewalled with bulls*** nonsense.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Ha! As if EGOTUS would actually read a book. Even if there was one praising him he’d probably have an aide go through it to highlight his name and then quickly riffle the pages to see how many times he was mentioned.
M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:

much ado

Post by much ado »

I do not think there is any doubt. Donald Trump's name will be written in many history books.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

:like:
In other news, scientists have discovered that water is wet. Film at 11.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

much ado wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:15 am
I do not think there is any doubt. Donald Trump's name will be written in many history books.
I'm wondering how many of "those kinds" of history books Texas will be ordering for their schools.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

ZekeB wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:55 am
much ado wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:15 am
I'm wondering how many of "those kinds" of history books Texas will be ordering for their schools.
You mean the blue Texas of the future?

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

He's been a busy child this morning, too many to c/p here. But this... :blink: :roll:

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

....the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits,
:doh:
:rotflmao:

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi »

Kendra wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:14 pm
He's been a busy child this morning, too many to c/p here. But this... :blink: :roll:

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great an1d unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

....the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!
This must be a parody.
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.
"From Not To Hot " is not my Favorite TV Show

Return to “Trump Administration”