Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

RTH10260

Re: Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:53 pm

FEC chair says Trump's claim of election fraud 'undermines people's faith' in system

By Devan Cole, CNN
Updated 1844 GMT (0244 HKT) August 19, 2019

Washington (CNN)The Democratic chairwoman of the Federal Election Commission said Monday that President Donald Trump "undermines people's faith" in the election system through his repeated claim that voter fraud cost him New Hampshire in 2016.

"To be suggesting to people ... that if the candidate they choose doesn't win that it is because of fraud, that undermines our democracy. It undermines people's faith, and once that faith is broken, it is very hard to build up again," Ellen Weintraub told CNN's John Berman on "New Day."
"Facts matter, and people of America need to be able to believe what their leaders tell them. It is damaging to our democracy to spread information that ... is baseless," she said.

Last week, Weintraub, who has frequently criticized Trump's voter fraud claims, wrote the President asking him to provide evidence of the voter fraud he insists caused him to lose the New Hampshire state three years ago. The letter came a day after Trump complained to reporters -- and to his supporters at a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire -- that he had narrowly lost the Granite State because of fraudulent voting, a claim for which there is no evidence. Trump beat his Republican rivals in the New Hampshire primary in 2016 but lost the state's four electoral votes to Democrat Hillary Clinton that November by fewer than 3,000 votes.

On Sunday, Trump repeated his voter fraud allegations, saying the now-disbanded commission he set up to investigate election integrity that did not find evidence of widespread voter fraud was stonewalled by "California and other states."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/19/poli ... index.html

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 pm

FEC chair says Trump's claim of election fraud 'undermines people's faith' in system
Only people who don't think.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I promise not to do this to Greenland!
<snip photo>

Trump tweets photo of Trump Tower in Greenland: 'I promise not to do this'

President Trump on Monday night tweeted an edited photo depicting a Trump Tower in Greenland, responding to reports that he has expressed interest in buying the island territory by saying, "I promise not to do this to Greenland!"
Earlier Monday, Trump's son Eric Trump had shared the same photo the president tweeted in an Instagram post.

"I don’t know about you guys but I love the concept of buying Greenland," Eric Trump captioned the photo.
<snipped the instagram post/photo>
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -not-to-do
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:04 pm

He is so weird. That's all I can think.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:39 pm

PaulG wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:04 pm
He is so weird. That's all I can think.
:yeah: So he's contradicting Eric?? Sad.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:00 am

Details of the weird Google thing.

Trump stumbles onto a new justification for losing the popular vote: It’s Google’s fault
On its face, the numbers are dubious. In his prepared remarks, Epstein estimated Google “gave at least 2.6 million votes” to Clinton, a statement that isn’t well-defined. Gave … how? These were non-voters inspired to vote? Trump voters who switched? Without knowing that, it’s hard to evaluate the accuracy of the claim.

A claim, mind you, that is very bold. Getting millions of voters to vote a particular way is the sort of thing that political parties spend a lot of time trying to figure out. Epstein is claiming that more than 2 percent of all 2016 voters were influenced to vote for Clinton by Google. The scale is massive.

So why does he make this claim? He appears to have combined two bits of research he’s conducted: a 2015 look at how search engine results can influence political opinion and a collection of search results from users before the 2016 contest. Over the last 25 days of the campaign, a summary of the latter research suggests, “we found that search results were, on average, biased to favor Hillary Clinton on all of those days.” Given that his earlier research found results could influence views of candidates, we get the top-line assumption.

What does “biased to favor Hillary Clinton” mean? We don’t know. The summary doesn’t explain what that looks like.

:snippity:

This is more problematic because while the research points to thousands of search results that were analyzed, only 95 people actually provided responses to the study. Meaning if the results were driven by the identities of those individuals, the variation in the pool of results was actually 95. Oh, and of that group? Only 21 were undecided. If the 2.6 million figure derives from that group alone, the value of that figure is almost nil.

It’s worth noting that bias by Google is precisely what Epstein expected to see. In August 2015, he wrote an essay for Politico in which he predicted that Google might be able to influence the election and, voilà, so it did.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... les-fault/

What a piece of statistical crap. We noticed that 100 people jaywalked and one came close to being hit by a car, so we determined that peanut butter sales are going to crash compared to cat food. There, same level of statistical probability.

Hmmm... spell check wanted to change whatever mess I typed in instead of “statistical probability” to “spasticity.” THE SPELL CHECK KNOWS!!
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:12 pm

Sorry, I don’t buy Rep. Tlaib’s tears. I have watched her violence, craziness and, most importantly, WORDS, for far too long. Now tears? She hates Israel and all Jewish people. She is an anti-Semite. She and her 3 friends are the new face of the Democrat Party. Live with it!

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:57 pm

Kendra wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:12 pm

Sorry, I don’t buy Rep. Tlaib’s tears. I have watched her violence, craziness and, most importantly, WORDS, for far too long. Now tears? She hates Israel and all Jewish people. She is an anti-Semite. She and her 3 friends are the new face of the Democrat Party. Live with it!

Six months ago he wouldn't have recognized her name or known her if she shook his tiny little hand.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:12 pm

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 2945970176
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time....
:brickwallsmall:
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:12 pm
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 2945970176
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time....
Yeah, as I predicted in the Fractally Clueless thread a few days ago, he can't go to Denmark now because he has to save face (and they might have protestors or :eek2: a baby balloon.) In that post, there was a video where he addressed the Greenland issue, said that the Greenland purchase was low on the U.S. priority list, and that the trip to Denmark was not about that. But now it's the main issue and reason to cancel? I call B.S. (but his B.S. is SOP.)

https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... d#p1108274
-- Yoda

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Gaslighting:

....The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future!
-- Yoda

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:34 pm

A new NBC News article:
Trump was invited on an official state visit by the Queen of Denmark. White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere confirmed that the entire trip was cancelled.

Trump mused about acquiring Greenland from Denmark on Sunday, telling reporters that “it's something we talked about."

"Denmark essentially owns it, we're very good allies with Denmark," he said. "Strategically it's interesting and we'd be interested, but we'll talk to them a little bit."

But, he added, "first we have to find out whether or not they have any interest."

Frederiksen said they did not.

"Greenland is not for sale," she told Greenlandish media on Sunday. "Greenland is not Danish. Greenland belongs to Greenland. I strongly hope that this is not meant seriously."
Going over the 4-paragraph rule slightly due to the one-sentence paragraphs. More at the link https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... n-n1044651
-- Yoda

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:35 pm

Trump’s abrupt cancellation of the visit came as a surprise, since the White House initially described the trip as unrelated to Trump’s Greenland aspirations. He told reporters on Sunday, that, "we're going to Poland and then we may be going to Denmark ⁠— not for this reason at all. But we're looking at it."
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... n-n1044651
-- Yoda

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:55 pm

SLQ wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:34 pm
A new NBC News article:
Trump was invited on an official state visit by the Queen of Denmark. White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere confirmed that the entire trip was cancelled.
More at the link https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... n-n1044651
:shock: :brickwallsmall:

So he says Greenland is a non-issue, but at the same time want's talks about it. Rather than keeping quiet about the issue when he knows he is expected on an official state in Denmark he blows the story up. I guess there will be very few future state visits on the agenda of this dotus, none in Denmark.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:20 pm

Is this how he plays that 'art of the deal' he boasts about? The passive aggression in our DOTUS is strong.

:pray: America, PLEASE elect an adult next year. .
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:28 pm

Oh. Now his tweet makes sense. The PM called trump's absurd idea "absurd." He can't handle that, so had to lash out.

Danish PM: Trump’s idea of buying Greenland is ‘absurd’
Greenland is not for sale and U.S. President Donald Trump’s idea of buying the semi-autonomous Danish territory in the Arctic from Denmark is “an absurd discussion,” Denmark’s prime minister said.
-- Yoda

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:09 am

https:// twitter.com/atrupar/status/1164145400510595073
Aaron Rupar @atrupar

The president is publicly comparing himself to the "King of Israel" and "the second coming of God." Normal stuff.
https:// twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1164138795475881986
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....

.....all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow! @newsmax @foxandfriends @OANN
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:16 am

hmm ..... i don't think the Jews are waiting for a second coming of a xian God :doh:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:12 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:16 am
hmm ..... i don't think the Jews are waiting for a second coming of a xian God :doh:
The fact checkers are on it.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:20 am

And he's quoting idiot birther Wayne Allyn Root to do it.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:51 pm

Brandon Judd, President, National Border Patrol Council. “This will effectively end Catch and Release and curb illegal entries.”
7:44 AM · Aug 21, 2019

Rep Tlaib wants to cut off aid to Israel. This is the new face the of Democrat Party? Read the AOC PLUS 3 statements on their hatred of Jews and Israel. Check out Rep. Omar (the great people of Minnesota won’t stand for this).
7:52 AM · Aug 21, 2019

“The speed bump has been missteps by the Federal Reserve.” @cvpayne
@foxandfriends So true!
8:28 AM · Aug 21, 2019

The Fake News LameStream Media is doing everything possible the “create” a U.S. recession, even though the numbers & facts are working totally in the opposite direction. They would be willing to hurt many people, but that doesn’t matter to them. Our Economy is sooo strong, sorry!
8:32 AM · Aug 21, 2019

Doing great with China and other Trade Deals. The only problem we have is Jay Powell and the Fed. He’s like a golfer who can’t putt, has no touch. Big U.S. growth if he does the right thing, BIG CUT - but don’t count on him! So far he has called it wrong, and only let us down....
8:52 AM · Aug 21, 2019

.....We are competing with many countries that have a far lower interest rate, and we should be lower than them. Yesterday, “highest Dollar in U.S.History.” No inflation. Wake up Federal Reserve. Such growth potential, almost like never before!
8:52 AM · Aug 21, 2019

My proposal to the politically correct Automobile Companies would lower the average price of a car to consumers by more than $3000, while at the same time making the cars substantially safer. Engines would run smoother. Very little impact on the environment! Foolish executives!
9:38 AM · Aug 21, 2019

So Germany is paying Zero interest and is actually being paid to borrow money, while the U.S., a far stronger and more important credit, is paying interest and just stopped (I hope!) Quantitative Tightening. Strongest Dollar in History, very tough on exports. No Inflation!.....
9:56 AM · Aug 21, 2019

....WHERE IS THE FEDERAL RESERVE?
9:56 AM · Aug 21, 2019

On my way to the Great Commonwealth of Kentucky to deliver remarks at the
@AMVETSHQ 75th Annual National Convention. Look forward to being with all of my friends! #AMVETS75th
12:39 PM · Aug 21, 2019

For the record, Denmark is only at 1.35% of GDP for NATO spending. They are a wealthy country and should be at 2%. We protect Europe and yet, only 8 of the 28 NATO countries are at the 2% mark. The United States is at a much, much higher level than that....
1:32 PM · Aug 21, 2019

....Because of me, these countries have agreed to pay ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS more - but still way short of what they should pay for the incredible military protection provided. Sorry!
1:32 PM · Aug 21, 2019

Has he done anything but tweet today? :roll:
Birfers are toast

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:26 pm

MsDaisy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:51 pm
I certainly hope not.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:39 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:26 pm
MsDaisy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:51 pm
I certainly hope not.
If all you saw were his tweets today, you missed half his insanity.

Before Trump headed to Kentucky, he spoke with reporters. Aaron Rupar does a good job of tweeting these. Among the craziest -
TRUMP: "The fake news, of which many of you are members, is trying to convince the public to have a recession. 'Let's have a recession!' ... I am the chosen one. Somebody had to do it. So I'm taking on China."
Trump says he's "very seriously" looking at trying to change the Constitution by executive order.

"We're looking at that very seriously -- birthright citizenship. Where you have a baby on our land ... 'congratulations the baby is now a US citizen' ... it's, frankly, ridiculous."
TRUMP: "In my opinion, if you vote for a Democrat, you are being very disloyal to Jewish people and you are being very disloyal to Israel. And only weak people would say anything other than that."
So Trump clarifies today that American Jews apparently owe a loyalty to Israel.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:09 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:39 pm
So Trump clarifies today that American Jews apparently owe a loyalty to Israel.
He doesn't condemn the nazis. He calls the far right "mostly good people." He doesn't know the nazis and extremists want to exterminate the Jews? Donald, you are so clueless.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:14 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:39 pm
If all you saw were his tweets today, you missed half his insanity.
Trump says he's "very seriously" looking at trying to change the Constitution by executive order.

"We're looking at that very seriously -- birthright citizenship. Where you have a baby on our land ... 'congratulations the baby is now a US citizen' ... it's, frankly, ridiculous."
A one track mind, at that age a sign of senility, to think that E.O. is the magick wand that unlocks all legal road blocks. Even after being two and a half years seated in the Oval Office dotus has not learnt the basics taught in Civics 101. I dearly would like to know how many times WH staffer explained the details. :brickwallsmall:

Return to “Trump Administration”