Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

Kendra

Re: Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

Post by Kendra » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Iran has just issued a New Warning. Rouhani says that they will Enrich Uranium to “any amount we want” if there is no new Nuclear Deal. Be careful with the threats, Iran. They can come back to bite you like nobody has been bitten before!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:17 pm

Well Donald, someday you'll figure out that treaties are a two-way street. Or maybe you won't
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:17 pm

Turtle wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:32 am
https:// www.twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1146440564998463488
Ted Lieu @tedlieu
Hey @realDonaldTrump, there is an email from the @TheJusticeDept yesterday confirming the #census forms are being printed without the citizenship question. Why? Because the Department told the Supreme Court yesterday was the deadline. You want them to lie again?#WednesdayWisdom

https:// twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1146435093491277824
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
The News Reports about the Department of Commerce dropping its quest to put the Citizenship Question on the Census is incorrect or, to state it differently, FAKE! We are absolutely moving forward, as we must, because of the importance of the answer to this question.

17:28 - 3 Jul 2019
Yeah - the Deep State moved fast as to not give the WH time for second thoughts :lol:

:think: Of course one wonders why the WH didn't give out an order what to do if SCOTUS balks at them. But then again dotus was relying on on his placements in the court and that they would be following his implicit marching orders implicitly. :blackeye:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:20 pm

Dolly wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:42 pm
I was gonna post in the Census thread but since I am here...
Trump appears to contradict officials, says census citizenship question not abandoned

:snippity:
“The Census Bureau has started the process of printing the decennial questionnaires without the question. My focus, and that of the bureau and the entire department, is to conduct a complete and accurate census,” Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said Tuesday in a statement.
:snippity:
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... 020-census
Can we already vote on the Transition thread ? :mrgreen:

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:39 am

Kyle Griffin ✔ @kylegriffin1

A new Pew Research Center survey shows how the public reacts to Trump's comments:
76% are "concerned"
70% are "confused"
69% are "embarrassed"
67% are "exhausted"
65% are "angry"
62% are "insulted"
56% are "frightened"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

10:30 AM - Jul 4, 2019
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:46 am

I think I'm all of those things.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:26 pm

:yeah:
Image Image Image Image Image

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:33 pm

Joe Biden is a reclamation project. Some things are just not salvageable. China and other countries that ripped us off for years are begging for him. He deserted our military, our law enforcement and our healthcare. Added more debt than all other Presidents combined. Won’t win!
8:45 AM · Jul 6, 2019
Impressive feat, former President Biden.
But anyway, how is Trump's deficit clock averaging?
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:20 pm

neonzx wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:33 pm
https:// twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1147486815160610817

Joe Biden is a reclamation project. Some things are just not salvageable. China and other countries that ripped us off for years are begging for him. He deserted our military, our law enforcement and our healthcare. Added more debt than all other Presidents combined. Won’t win!
8:45 AM · Jul 6, 2019
Impressive feat, former President Biden.
But anyway, how is Trump's deficit clock averaging?
Rephrasing the hilight: how is the nondescript VP of yours, Mike Pence, doing on these issues :?: I guess absent as well as it's not the specific duty of the VP to push the policies. That's your very own duty Dear Donald. You ought to try once the Art Of The Deal with Congress... :blackeye:

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
I have been very critical about the way the U.K. and Prime Minister Theresa May handled Brexit. What a mess she and her representatives have created. I told her how it should be done, but she decided to go another way. I do not know the Ambassador, but he is not liked or well....
2:31 PM - 8 Jul 2019

....thought of within the U.S. We will no longer deal with him. The good news for the wonderful United Kingdom is that they will soon have a new Prime Minister. While I thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent State Visit last month, it was the Queen who I was most impressed with!
Birfers are toast

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:23 pm

MsDaisy wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:45 pm
I have been very critical about the way the U.K. and Prime Minister Theresa May handled Brexit. What a mess she and her representatives have created. I told her how it should be done, but she decided to go another way. I do not know the Ambassador, but he is not liked or well....
....thought of within the U.S. We will no longer deal with him. The good news for the wonderful United Kingdom is that they will soon have a new Prime Minister. While I thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent State Visit last month, it was the Queen who I was most impressed with!
https:// twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1148298497189392384
Dear Donald, why the criticism? You didn't even have the cajones to quit NAFTA, you played it safe on creating a new deal with equal content. :blackeye:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:50 am

On my. Someone is really ticked off at the I'M ambassador this morning. I don't think he'll get another invite from the queen again.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:51 am

So everyone should refuse to deal with people who say negative things about a person? Well, everyone who Trump has denigrated should refuse to deal with him.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:01 pm

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
After a wonderful dinner at the @USTreasury last night with the Amir of Qatar, @TamimBinHamad, it was my great honor to welcome him to the @WhiteHouse this afternoon!
3:44 PM - 9 Jul 2019
Birfers are toast

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Ouch.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Emir / Amir -- they phonetically are pretty close. He's done worse.
MsDaisy wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:01 pm
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
After a wonderful dinner at the @USTreasury last night with the Amir of Qatar, @TamimBinHamad, it was my great honor to welcome him to the @WhiteHouse this afternoon!
3:44 PM - 9 Jul 2019

bob

Post by bob » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:20 pm

FOX: Appeals court rules Trump violated First Amendment by blocking Twitter users:
A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that President Trump is not allowed to block people on Twitter over statements he does not like, affirming a lower court’s decision that declared the president’s account a “public forum.”

In a Tuesday decision, the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals noted that because Trump uses Twitter to communicate with the public about his administration, and his account is open to the public for people to comment on his posts, it warrants constitutional free speech protection under the First Amendment.

“We do conclude,” the opinion said, “that the First Amendment does not permit a public official who utilizes a social media account for all manner of official purposes to exclude persons from an otherwise‐open online dialogue because they expressed views with which the official disagrees.”

According to court documents, Trump admitted that he blocked the plaintiffs in the case in 2017 after they posted tweets that “criticized him or his policies.” Once they were blocked, they were no longer able to view Trump’s tweets while logged in, and no longer had access to reply to tweets or view comment threads on Trump’s Twitter page.

The First Amendment prohibits government discrimination against a person’s free speech based on their viewpoint. Trump claimed that his Twitter account is private, so the First Amendment should not apply.

The court said that Trump’s account was indeed private before he became president, but that changed once he took office and used it for official business, as it now displays “all the trappings of an official, state‐run account." The court said that once Trump leaves office, his account will be considered private again.

The Justice Department, meanwhile, stands by Trump's position and indicated an appeal may be forthcoming.

"We are disappointed with the court’s decision and are exploring possible next steps," DOJ spokesperson Kelly Laco said in a statement. "As we argued, President Trump’s decision to block users from his personal twitter account does not violate the First Amendment.”
The 2d Cir.'s decision; written by Parker (GWB nominee), joined by Hall and Droney (Obama nominees).
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:31 pm

I've never understood this 'blocking' users on social media. It's one thing if there is ongoing private IM harassment or threat, but he's President of the United States. Many of his tweets are designed to ruffle feathers, as witnessed by the thousands of replies most of his tweets receive with a high percentage of them negative. He asks for this. This is just more bullying behavior we've come to know from the Donald.

much ado

Post by much ado » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:35 pm

"They" say AOC is facing a lawsuit on the same issue, blocking twitter accounts.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-to ... g-on-trump

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:42 pm

much ado wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:35 pm
"They" say AOC is facing a lawsuit on the same issue, blocking twitter accounts.
Former Democratic New York Assemblyman Dov Hikind

Asked where his lawsuit will be filed and whether other plaintiffs would be involved, Hikind told Fox News in an email, "All that’s being determined at the moment."

"Most likely we will be [the] only plaintiff, but [we will be] citing other examples," Hikind continued. "The claim is [the] same as [the] one against Trump. She uses that account for political/policy commentary, so to shut a citizen off from her statements is a problem -- as well as blocking me from petitioning her or seeking redress."
I guess I have to google this guy. Why is he attacking another democrat?

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:45 pm

neonzx wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:42 pm
I guess I have to google this guy. Why is he attacking another democrat?
Oh, I've learned enough.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dov_Hikind
Profiling

Hikind has advocated for the profiling of Muslims of Middle Eastern and South Asian background as a response to terrorism.[10] In 2005 he sponsored a bill to allow police to focus on Middle-Eastern men in subway bag searches.[11][12] At a news conference, holding up photos of Muslim men, he said, "The individuals involved [in terrorism] basically look like this. Why must police think twice before examining people of a particular group?"[13] He has described this as "terrorist profiling".[14] Civil rights groups opposed Hikind's proposal, and the New York City Police Department released a statement against it, saying that "Racial profiling is illegal, of doubtful effectiveness, and against department policy".[15]

Following the attempted bombing of Northwest Airlines Flight 253 in December 2009, Hikind introduced a similar bill that would allow law enforcement agencies to consider race and ethnicity as "one of many factors" in selecting persons for anti-terrorism stops and searches.[11]

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Is it spelled emir of amir, or are they interchangeable?

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:53 pm

Kendra wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Is it spelled emir of amir, or are they interchangeable?
I've seen it both way but I'm pretty sure the most proper is 'emir'.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:53 pm

much ado wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:35 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-to ... g-on-trump
IMHO the things differ. Trump is using his account as the official voice of the POTUS and the US government. That's a far cry from a member of the US House using her account to voice her opinion. Her account does not represent the opinion of the Decmocratic Party in the House, nor that of the House in general. Now if Nancy Pelosi uses her https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi account, that's official. On the other hand she uses for non-House politics https://twitter.com/teampelosi where she and her team will be kicking ass.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Trump had access to post on the @POTUS account, but for whatever reason, refused to use it. He could have kept things separate.

Return to “Trump Administration”