Re: President Trump

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Of all people, Trump should never use the phrase “big, fat con.”

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 pm
But you must respect him. He has ALL. THE. FLAGS.
57 of them :?: :twisted:

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:56 am

Volkonski wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:34 pm

NBC News

Verified account

@NBCNews
Following Following @NBCNews
More
President Trump signs spending bill to avoid a government shutdown.
What's gotten into Trump today. No government shutdown over his border wall. Making niceish regarding a Kavanaugh investigation. Is he ill? :think:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

DmitriNotPetra

Post by DmitriNotPetra » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:34 pm

NBC News

Verified account

@NBCNews
Following Following @NBCNews
More
President Trump signs spending bill to avoid a government shutdown.
What's gotten into Trump today. No government shutdown over his border wall. Making niceish regartding a Kavanaugh investigation. Is he ill? :think:
If Trump was one of my kids, I'd be taking his temperature and telling him to lie down for a little while.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:02 pm

If Trump was one of your kids, I'd smack you.

much ado

Post by much ado » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:34 pm
:snippity:
What's gotten into Trump today. No government shutdown over his border wall. Making niceish regarding a Kavanaugh investigation. Is he ill? :think:
Is he drugged? :think:

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:46 pm

I don't trust him at all. It wouldn't surprise me if he authorizes the "one week" investigation to start halfway thru Day 6 and stop precisely at one minute after midnight on Day 7. There is just something fishy about it. I'll believe a real investigation has taken place when I read details about it that convince me that an honest effort to investigate has taken place. And not a minute sooner.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:12 pm

RVInit wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:46 pm
I don't trust him at all. It wouldn't surprise me if he authorizes the "one week" investigation to start halfway thru Day 6 and stop precisely at one minute after midnight on Day 7. There is just something fishy about it. I'll believe a real investigation has taken place when I read details about it that convince me that an honest effort to investigate has taken place. And not a minute sooner.

I'm betting they won't make it public.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:38 am

Gregg wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:12 pm
RVInit wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:46 pm

I'm betting they won't make it public.
Background checks are virtually never made public. So there's an excuse available.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:46 am

Chilidog wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:02 pm
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Birfers are toast

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:01 am

MsDaisy wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:46 am
Chilidog wrote:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
If I were about to commit the act that would produce a Trump I'd be wearing 6 condoms and a vasectomy. She'd have two tubals. We'd be sleeping in different beds in different houses a half a world apart.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:03 am

How do you wear a vasectomy???

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

qbawl

Post by qbawl » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:14 am

Suranis wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:03 am
As a badge of honor.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:36 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Clairez

Post by Clairez » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:13 am

Chilidog wrote:
:lol: :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

bob

Post by bob » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:45 pm

HuffPo: Trump Goes Off On Weird Riff About How It’s Really The ‘Democrat’ Party:
No, it’s not.

President Donald Trump engaged in one of his patented tangents Saturday when he insisted at a rally in West Virginia that the Democratic Party is really the “Democrat Party.”

“You notice I say ‘Democrat Party’? I hate how it sounds; that’s why I say it, because it’s really their name, you know,” he said. “It’s not the Democratic Party, which flows nicer. Their real name is the Democrat Party.”

No, it’s not.

Despite Trump’s insistence to the contrary, Democrats formally adopted Democratic Party as their official name at their national convention in 1844.

The term “Democrat Party” is used by many Republicans leaders and right-wingers as a means to irritate some Democrats. They eschew saying “Democratic” to apparently avoid linking the party to the definition of the word in its lower-cased usage ― relating to or supporting democracy or its principles.

“Democrat Party” was often used by the late Sen. Joseph McCarthy (R-Wis.), orchestrator of many of the Communist witch-hunts of the 1950s.

Former President George W. Bush also employed it to needle the Democrats.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Suranis wrote:
Very, very carefully. 8-)

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:06 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:38 pm
Suranis wrote:
Very, very carefully. 8-)
Before Labor day you can wear it with White Shoes, though.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

bob

Post by bob » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Thank goodness Rondeau now won't be forced to write another article regurgitating Hannity's defense of Kavanaugh. :roll:

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:52 pm

So Flake really appears to be considering primarying trump. He's about 8 years too late condemning Trump on the birther lies. He'd be better advised to keep paying attention to the unfolding Kavanasty stories.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:48 am

Official @WhiteHouse transcripts misquotes @POTUS today chiding @CeciliaVega (compare video to text). I was sitting just behind her in the Rose Garden and we all clearly heard him say: "I know you're not thinking. You never do.”

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:10 am

President Trump personally directed a legal effort to silence Stormy Daniels through his son Eric and Michael Cohen. https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-dire ... 1538478000 … via @WSJ
Edit: Got the text of the story, bless you incognito window :dance:
Sekrit Stuffs!
President Trump personally directed an effort in February to stop Stormy Daniels from publicly describing an alleged sexual encounter with Mr. Trump, people familiar with the events say.

In a phone call, Mr. Trump instructed his then-lawyer Michael Cohen to seek a restraining order against the former adult-film actress, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, through a confidential arbitration proceeding, one of the people said. Messrs. Trump and Cohen had learned shortly before that Ms. Clifford was considering giving a media interview about her alleged relationship with Mr. Trump, despite having signed an October 2016 nondisclosure agreement.

Mr. Trump told Mr. Cohen to coordinate the legal response with Eric Trump, one of the president’s sons, and another outside lawyer who had represented Mr. Trump and the Trump Organization in other matters, the people said. Eric Trump, who is running the company with his brother in Mr. Trump’s absence, then tasked a Trump Organization staff attorney in California with signing off on the arbitration paperwork, these people said.

Direct involvement of the president and his son in the effort to silence Ms. Clifford hasn’t previously been reported. The accounts of that effort recently provided to The Wall Street Journal suggest that the president’s ties to his company continued into this year and contradict public statements made at the time by the Trump Organization, the White House and Mr. Cohen.

The White House referred a request for comment to the president’s outside counsel. Jay Sekulow, a lawyer for Mr. Trump, declined to comment. A person close to the situation said Eric Trump had acted as the president’s son and not in his role as a company executive. The Trump Organization declined to comment. Lanny Davis, a lawyer for Mr. Cohen, declined to comment.

In March, the Trump Organization denied any role in the arbitration, saying its lawyer assisted in her “individual capacity.” At the same time, the White House issued blanket denials when asked about a hush payment to Ms. Clifford and directed questions to Mr. Cohen, who had called the deal a private transaction between himself and the former adult-film star. Mr. Trump has denied any sexual encounter with Ms. Clifford.

The Journal revealed on Jan. 12 that Mr. Cohen paid Ms. Clifford $130,000 before the 2016 presidential election to keep silent about the alleged sexual encounter. In a phone call about a month later—as Ms. Clifford made plans to tell her story despite the nondisclosure agreement—Mr. Trump told Mr. Cohen to enforce the contract in arbitration and indicated he would pay legal costs. “I’ll take care of everything,” the president said, one of the people familiar with the conversation said.

Mr. Cohen had a second phone conversation with Mr. Trump about the arbitration days later in the Manhattan office of Lawrence Rosen, the outside lawyer, that person said.

At the time of the conversations, the White House and Mr. Trump were dealing with the mass shooting in Parkland, Fla., and a new round of criminal charges filed by special counsel Robert Mueller against 13 Russians accused of meddling in the 2016 election.

Jill Martin, a Trump Organization lawyer, was listed as counsel on the arbitration paperwork filed in Orange County, Calif., on Feb. 22. Five days later, an arbitrator privately issued a restraining order against Ms. Clifford, who ignored it and proceeded with her plans to publicly discuss the alleged affair.

Ms. Martin was asked to sign off on the arbitration documents by Mr. Rosen, who told her the request came from Eric Trump, according to the people familiar with the matter.

Mr. Rosen’s firm had prepared the documents for the arbitration proceeding, but an attorney licensed in California—one of the venues stipulated for resolution of any dispute under the contract—had to sign off on them while Mr. Rosen’s application to participate in the matter as an out-of-state lawyer was pending, Mr. Rosen said in an interview this week.

When the Journal contacted Ms. Martin and the Trump Organization in March about her involvement in the arbitration, she sought out Eric Trump for advice on how to respond, according to the people.

Eric Trump then approved a statement to the Journal drafted by Ms. Martin with input from Mr. Rosen and Alan Garten, the Trump Organization’s chief legal officer, these people said. The statement said Ms. Martin had facilitated the filing of the arbitration “in her individual capacity” and that “the company has had no involvement in the matter.”

Ms. Martin didn’t respond to a request for comment.

On March 6, Ms. Clifford sued Mr. Trump and Essential Consultants LLC, the company Mr. Cohen used to pay her, in Los Angeles County Superior Court. She asked a judge to invalidate the nondisclosure agreement, saying it was contrary to public policy and unenforceable because Mr. Trump hadn’t signed the document.

The complaint alleged that it “strains credulity to conclude that Mr. Cohen is acting on his own” to enforce the nondisclosure agreement in arbitration “without the express approval and knowledge of his client Mr. Trump.”

At a briefing at the White House the next day, press secretary Sarah Sanders was asked whether Mr. Trump approved the payment to Ms. Clifford. Mr. Trump has “made very well clear that none of these allegations are true,” Ms. Sanders said, adding that the “case has already been won in arbitration and anything beyond that I would refer you to the president’s outside counsel.”

An interview with Ms. Clifford aired on CBS’s “60 Minutes” on March 25, drawing more than 21 million viewers. She described some details of her alleged encounter with Mr. Trump in 2006 and said she signed the nondisclosure agreement with Mr. Cohen in October 2016 out of fear for the safety of her family.

In a May 3 tweet, Mr. Trump said the nondisclosure agreement with Ms. Clifford was “used to stop the false and extortionist accusations made by her about an affair.”

In August, Mr. Cohen pleaded guilty to felony violations of election laws in connection with the payments to Ms. Clifford and a former Playboy model, Karen McDougal, who also says she had an affair with Mr. Trump that he denies.

Mr. Cohen, whose sentencing is scheduled for December, said during his plea hearing in Manhattan federal court that Mr. Trump directed him to silence Ms. Clifford and coordinate a hush payment to Ms. McDougal “for the principal purpose of influencing the election” in 2016.

Rudy Giuliani, a lawyer for Mr. Trump, said after the plea that Mr. Cohen lacked credibility and that the government’s charges against Mr. Cohen contained no allegations of wrongdoing by the president.

—Rebecca Ballhaus contributed to this article.

Write to Joe Palazzolo at joe.palazzolo@wsj.com and Michael Rothfeld at michael.rothfeld@wsj.com

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:53 am

Poor Trump.

:lol:

How Trump Is Trying—And Failing—To Get Rich Off His Presidency

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexand ... residency/
That difference includes profits. Net operating income dropped 27% between 2014, the year before Trump announced his run for president, and 2017, his first year in the White House. When the real estate mogul descended the escalator to launch his campaign, in this very building, no one could have predicted the chain of events that would lead to this point. Even among those who gave his moon-shot presidential bid a chance of success, the assumption was that Trump would dump his assets before taking office.

By refusing to divest, Trump raised an unprecedented question: How would the most divisive presidency in modern American history affect a company built on the president’s persona? Forbes has been working to answer that question since the moment Trump got elected, interviewing nearly 200 colleagues, partners and industry observers. While the experiment continues to unfold, in real time, the early results are in. Much as he’s trying—and he’s definitely trying—Donald Trump is not getting richer off the presidency. Just the opposite. His net worth, by our calculation, has dropped from $4.5 billion in 2015 to $3.1 billion the last two years, knocking the president 138 spots lower on the latest The Forbes 400 (which will be published in full tomorrow).

Three factors are at play. Much of that decline is due to deeper reporting, which revealed, for example, that the president had been lying about the size of his penthouse. Some of it is due to larger market forces. Trump owns commercial space at a time when e-commerce is decimating brick-and-mortar retail, shaving more than $100 million off his fortune—and no amount of bully-pulpit Amazon-bashing will change that.

But the third factor comes from how Trump the president affects Trump the brand. Those familiar with him saw his 2016 run as a surreal marketing strategy, and Trump has said as much, telling Fortune way back in 2000, “It’s very possible that I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it.” Since his unexpected ascent to the White House, Trump has tried to leverage the trappings of the presidency to benefit his commercial projects, from visits to his golf courses to hosting summits at Mar-a-Lago to launching a new hotel-licensing business aimed at his voters. (The Trump Organization denies the licensing business has to do with politics.)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:04 am

The Angry White Male Caucus
Trumpism is all about the fear of losing traditional privilege.

By Paul Krugman

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/opin ... dline&te=1
And here’s the thing: It’s perfectly possible for a man to lead a comfortable, indeed enviable life by any objective standard, yet be consumed with bitterness driven by status anxiety.

You might think that this is impossible, that having a good job and a comfortable life would inoculate someone against envy and hatred. That is, you might think that if you knew nothing of human nature and the world.

I’ve spent my whole adult life in rarefied academic circles, where everyone has a good income and excellent working conditions. Yet I know many people in that world who are seething with resentment because they aren’t at Harvard or Yale, or who actually are at Harvard or Yale but are seething all the same because they haven’t received a Nobel Prize.

:snippity:

Indeed, it seems apparent that his jihad against Barack Obama was fueled by envy: Obama was a black man who was also a class act, with all the grace and poise Trump lacks. And Trump couldn’t stand it.

Return to “Trump Administration”