President Trump

p0rtia

Re: President Trump

Post by p0rtia » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:42 pm

:yeah:

Media STILL doing backflips to pretend the universe started yesterday.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:43 pm

This is a tweet from a CNBC reporter who was covering this morning's meeting between Jerome Powell and BenadickDonald:
Eamon Javers

Verified account

@EamonJavers
Follow Follow @EamonJavers
More
A White House official tells me this morning’s Fed meeting took place in the White House residence - the president’s personal quarters- not in the West Wing, where the Oval Office is. I am told the president has not yet been in the West Wing today.
8:08 AM - 18 Nov 2019

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

much ado

Post by much ado » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Business meeting in the WH residence? Very interesting.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:35 pm

Trump was busy bench pressing the bed from above it.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:50 pm

the president’s personal quarters- not in the West Wing, where the Oval Office is. I am told the president has not yet been in the West Wing today.
maybe we're at the "visiting his country dacha" stage

How deep could the Deep State go if the Deep State could go deep?

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Donald's coming to Broward County. Would be a shame if lots got tickets and didn't show up (have your burner phone number ready) :P

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Foggy wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:43 pm
NMgirl wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:13 pm
Also, one dreads the :fingerwag: from Foggy....
The :fingerwag: is survivable. Take two before bedtime, surefire cure.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 5.50.05 PM.png
Yikes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:27 pm
Donald's coming to Broward County. Would be a shame if lots got tickets and didn't show up (have your burner phone number ready) :P

https:// twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1196514729767899137

The Onion ✔@TheOnion
Trump Declares He’s Healthier Than Ever While Addressing Rally Crowd From Iron Lung

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:50 pm

I was hoping for him to be resting in sweet repose for my birthday today..

I mean heck-the weather is beautiful, it was PJ day at work and my Chiefs are on MNF that lines up for a great Birthday for this old 53 year old

icing on the cake would have been the completion of a dash...

My dash is 1966-??????????????????

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:12 pm

For want of a more appropriate thread, I’m stashing this here.

Donald Trump’s massive debts—he owes hundreds of millions of dollars—are the subject of continuous congressional and journalistic scrutiny. But for years, one Trump loan has been particularly mystifying: a debt of more than $50 million that Trump claims he owes to one of his own companies. According to tax and financial experts, the loan, which Trump has never fully explained, might be part of a controversial tax avoidance scheme known as debt parking. Yet a Mother Jones investigation has uncovered information that raises questions about the very existence of this loan, presenting the possibility that this debt was concocted as a ploy to evade income taxes—a move that could constitute tax fraud.
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... tax-fraud/

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:06 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:27 pm

They've figured that out, they give away about twice as many tickets as the venue holds, and just turn people away at the door if they need to.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:49 pm

In Shift, U.S. Says Israeli Settlements in West Bank Do Not Violate International Law
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced the reversal of decades of American policy that may doom any peace efforts.

By Lara Jakes and David M. Halbfinger
Nov. 18, 2019 Updated 7:32 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration declared on Monday that the United States does not consider Israeli settlements in the West Bank a violation of international law, reversing four decades of American policy and removing what has been an important barrier to annexation of Palestinian territory.

The announcement by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was the latest political gift from the Trump administration to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has vowed in two elections this year to push for the annexation of the West Bank. His chief opponent, Benny Gantz, has until Wednesday night to gather a majority in Israel’s Parliament or he will relinquish his chance to form a new government, raising the prospect of a third round of elections.

The United States has in the past described the settlements as illegitimate, and Palestinians have demanded the land for a future state, a goal that has been backed by the United Nations, European governments and American allies across the Middle East.

But President Trump has been persistent in changing United States policy on Israel and the Palestinian territories — moves aimed at bolstering political support for Mr. Netanyahu, who has failed to form a government after two rounds of elections with razor-thin outcomes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/18/worl ... ments.html

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Dang - now Jared will never get a Nobel Peace Prize for hacking together a MIddle East treaty :lol:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:55 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:12 pm
For want of a more appropriate thread, I’m stashing this here.

https:// twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1196497763124568064/photo/1
David Fahrenthold @Fahrenthold
The biggest mystery in @realdonaldtrump's financial disclosures: he owes more than ***$50 million*** to an LLC that exists mostly on paper. No employees, no office, no assets of its own.
That mystery lender, Chicago Unit Acquisition LLC, just filed its annual report. This is it.

19:37 - 18 Nov 2019
Donald Trump’s massive debts—he owes hundreds of millions of dollars—are the subject of continuous congressional and journalistic scrutiny. But for years, one Trump loan has been particularly mystifying: a debt of more than $50 million that Trump claims he owes to one of his own companies. According to tax and financial experts, the loan, which Trump has never fully explained, might be part of a controversial tax avoidance scheme known as debt parking. Yet a Mother Jones investigation has uncovered information that raises questions about the very existence of this loan, presenting the possibility that this debt was concocted as a ploy to evade income taxes—a move that could constitute tax fraud.
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... tax-fraud/
IIRC this paper company was used as aquisition tool for real estate of the Trump Enterprises.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:37 am

I've been seeing articles suggesting Trump was engaged in debt parking since at least this one back in 2016. That article was regarding a whopping $916 million dollar loss that was showing up in records even before Trump was elected President. Short explanation:
Here is how debt parking works. Suppose the debtor (in this case The Donald) is going to get his debt cancelled for (say) 1c in the dollar. When he gets the debt wiped out the debtor (ie The Donald) will have to report assessable income equal to the debt wiped out (in this case 99 percent of $916 million). The alternative though is for the debtor to set up a dummy party. The dummy party might be his wife or children or some company or trust set up by them or more likely some completely opaque offshore trust. And that dummy party goes and buys the debt for say 1.1 cents in the dollar. Then they just sit there. They don't force the debtor (i.e., The Donald) to repay. They don't make a profit or loss on the debt. And because the debtor never has his debt forgiven he never gets the assessment on debt forgiveness and he gets to keep his NOLs even though the losses did not come out of his pocket.
I've always had a strong suspicion that Trump was engaged in this sort of tax fraud. In that case, the suspected large injections of cash from, shall we say, irregular sources (*cough* Russia *cough*) would be functioning to essentially bail him out of debt from his insane impulse buying habits and failed business ventures like Trump Airlines (airlines being hideously expensive businesses to get off the ground, pun definitely intended). Hooray! No more gigantic debt! But then you've got the IRS problem. Debt is an awfully good tool if you want to avoid paying taxes on your income. So you just plop the debt into an entity you control and keep it on the books. What a tidy little arrangement. And as long as the unaccountable cash keeps flowing in to covertly pay the tab, you could theoretically keep this going indefinitely.

Which makes me once again ask why the fuck I bother to earn really very little money practicing law when clearly I could be living a posh lifestyle by just setting up LLCs everywhere, borrowing hundreds of millions of dollars, secretly paying it off with someone else's dirty money, and telling the taxman I was just losing money hand over fist.

(By the way, fair play to the conservative Washington Examiner for continuing to host that piece that originally appeared in Bill Krisol's now-defunct Weekly Standard, instead of throwing it down the memory hole to protect Big Brother.)

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:31 am

Screenshot_20191119-072811-8.jpg
Light schedule again. :smoking:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:33 am

neonzx wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:31 am
Screenshot_20191119-072811-8.jpg

Light schedule again. :smoking:
Working so, so hard.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:08 am

Light on the Executive Functions.

(Neurology pun intended)

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:39 am

Good one. :thumbs:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:45 am

A certain President might call him "low energy."

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:36 pm

:notlistening: :cantlook:

I might try later after the impeachment hearings, but check this Twitter account for some clips of Trump today. Just the look on his face is enough to give me nightmares.

https://twitter.com/atrupar

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Oh my ...
TRUMP offers these uplifting words about Democrats: "These people are sick. They're sick. And the press really in this country is dangerous. We don't have freedom of the press in this country. We have the opposite. We have a very corrupt media.

Aaron Rupar✔@atrupar
A White House official *SCREAMS* at reporters to get out of the Oval Office as Trump makes bizarre facial expressions

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:27 pm

Is that a trick of light and/or reflection from the orange hair, but are there some marks on his forehead?

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:32 pm

Kendra wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:27 pm
Is that a trick of light and/or reflection from the orange hair, but are there some marks on his forehead?

Cuts? Did he fall into something?
Screenshot_20191119-143054-9.jpg

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pm

OK, then it's not just me seeing things. I think they look like some kind of wound from falling/bumping into something.

Return to “Trump Administration”