President Trump

Hurtzi

Re: President Trump

Post by Hurtzi » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:07 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:36 pm
Hurtzi wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:13 pm
So I understand that it's perfectly ok for a 52 year old journalist to go into a changing cubicle with Donald Trump because he offered her lingerie, undress to try the lingerie and not cry for help as soon as he grabs her by the p... and 20 years later tell the world that he violated her? Or is this a biased description of the facts?
Again, it would help if you had actually listened to what SHE had to say. Carroll stated the Trump had asked for her assistance in buying a present. He liked the idea of lingerie and suggested the Carroll model it for him. She said NO and suggested, instead, that Trump put it on over his clothes. She had absolutely NO intention of modeling the lingerie he was buying for someone else! He then grabbed her, like he had bragged about being able to do to women and like so many other women have accused him of doing.

Carroll is credible. Trump is not. Carroll told two other people that same day, so she did not keep it a secret for 20 years. But, like so many, many other women, she chose not to take her experience to the police.
I did not know that story
Trying lingerie on a man over his clothes - you are kidding.
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:14 pm

Do you understand sarcasm or are you being deliberately obtuse?
Image Image Image Image Image

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:26 pm

P0rtia, I agree, except fucking idiot is maybe a little harsh. Human idiot?

Can someone explain the hostility toward her?

MeToo has put some things into sharper focus for me. Some of Us Olds, who lived in that era and were bombarded with all the morality plays where the man reigned supreme, anything they wanted they got, and someow absorbed them even if we didn’t agree with them, can’t seem to let it go or replace it with the more refined version of truth. It’s kinda like the dad beating his son: if it was good enough for me, it’s good enough for you. They know it’s wrong even as the raise their hand but dammit, ‘I had to go thru it and I survived. Don’t be a whiny baby.’

That’s not what I see in her. She doesn’t seem silly, she seems to have some wisdom about the experience. ‘I wish I hadn’t been such an idiot.’ She told many people at the time what happened. trump has always been an sexually aggressive asshole and proud of it. Frankly, I’m glad she waited. No one who matters (repubs/his base)has been listening much until recently. Will she be the straw? Or maybe the penultimate straw? Or Iran calling him a retard? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

We’re so beyond beyond now. :swoon:
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Kilgore Trout

Post by Kilgore Trout » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:55 pm

Ultimately, no still means no.

Excuse balloon boy...
"No, really. I was only fooling."

Andy Kaufman

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:00 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Hurtzi wrote:
So I understand that it's perfectly ok for a 52 year old journalist to go into a changing cubicle with Donald Trump because he offered her lingerie, undress to try the lingerie and not cry for help as soon as he grabs her by the p... and 20 years later tell the world that he violated her? Or is this a biased description of the facts?
Again, it would help if you had actually listened to what SHE had to say. Carroll stated the Trump had asked for her assistance in buying a present. He liked the idea of lingerie and suggested the Carroll model it for him. She said NO and suggested, instead, that Trump put it on over his clothes. She had absolutely NO intention of modeling the lingerie he was buying for someone else! He then grabbed her, like he had bragged about being able to do to women and like so many other women have accused him of doing.

Carroll is credible. Trump is not. Carroll told two other people that same day, so she did not keep it a secret for 20 years. But, like so many, many other women, she chose not to take her experience to the police.
Thank you. I was just going to correct that particular record.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:27 pm

SLQ wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:00 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote:
Hurtzi wrote:

Thank you. I was just going to correct that particular record.

This.

If a business owner complained that a subcontracted janitor was stealing office supplies and he denied it, you'll need to examine the situation to figure out who is telling the truth and who isn't.

If twenty business owners complain the same subcontracted janitor was stealing office supplies, then the guy is probably stealing office supplies and it wouldn't matter if the supplies were locked in a closet or stacked on a cart next to the elevator.

Now add the part where the janitor brags to his friends about all the office supplies he brings home.
Goldie reports the party a success and all zombies inebriated eliminated.
ImageImageImage x4

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:08 pm

kate520 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:26 pm
P0rtia, I agree, except fucking idiot is maybe a little harsh. Human idiot?
I will modify to "That was a fucking idiotic thing to say."

My hostility, and I accept your descriptor, is based on her going anywhere near the subject of rape being sexy when she is calling out the fucking predator in the White House for a sexual assault. Bad for the cause. I'll get over it.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:25 pm

Whatever happened to her, she is a fucking idiot.
Are people just being obtuse here? Cooper said most people view rape as a violent act. The point Carrol was trying to make is that she doesn’t agree that most people have a negative view of rape. I don’t think she was talking about women, she was talking about rape culture and locker room talk where men like Trump describe sexual assault not as a violent act but as something SEXY and arousing and worth bragging about.

And it’s 2019, doesn’t matter if she had modeled lingerie for him.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:34 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:25 pm
Whatever happened to her, she is a fucking idiot.
Are people just being obtuse here? Cooper said most people view rape as a violent act. The point Carrol was trying to make is that she doesn’t agree that most people have a negative view of rape. I don’t think she was talking about women, she was talking about rape culture and locker room talk where men like Trump describe sexual assault not as a violent act but as something SEXY and arousing and worth bragging about.

And it’s 2019, doesn’t matter if she had modeled lingerie for him.
This is in fact what she said that I, for one, am responding to. To repeat, I find the sentiment horrific and untrue. And I find the fact that she said it idiotic.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:45 pm

“She’s not my type.” Our country’s president defends against an allegation of sexual assault by essentially saying that his accuser is not attractive enough for him to rape. Let that sink in. President Trump, you’re not America’s type.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:28 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:34 pm
This is in fact what she said that I, for one, am responding to. To repeat, I find the sentiment horrific and untrue. And I find the fact that she said it idiotic.
What is idiotic about it? It seems like a valid worldview to me. It only took a few minutes on Google to find studies showing ~40% of men find depictions of non-consentual sex arousing. Might be a horrific thing to contemplate but I can see how someone might look at the statistics on sexual violence in the United States or worldwide and conclude that a good chunk of the population is okay with it. Heck, marital rape is still legal in 17 states.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:00 am

Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:25 pm
... she was talking about rape culture and locker room talk where men like Trump describe sexual assault not as a violent act but as something SEXY and arousing and worth bragging about.
You possibly frequent a different class of locker room than I do. Talk like that would get you ostracized permanently, and I'm in locker rooms 4 times a week in 3 different locations. If anyone said that in my locker room when I was present, they would be subject to my disapproval, in a very focused and vocal manner. It is, I agree, 2019. That kind of talk is not locker room talk at all.
They say that on his deathbed, Voltaire, asked to renounce the devil, said, "This is no time to be making new enemies."

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 am

Aaron Rupar

Verified account

@atrupar
Following Following @atrupar
More
Trump, in full rant mode just moments into his Fox Business phone interview, won't even let @MariaBartiromo get a question in

This is not an interview -- this is a man ranting into a telephone. Try and make sense of this!

Bartiromo can't get a question in as Trump rants about how much members of Congress like him

TRUMP: "Europe treats us worse than China. Europe is -- you know, look, I come from Europe ... European nations were set up to take advantage of the United States."

Trump absolutely trashes Fed Chair Jerome Powell.

"Here's a guy -- nobody ever heard of him before. And now, I made him, and he wants to show how tough he is, okay. Let him show how tough he is. He's a-- he's a-- he's not doing a good job."

After spending roughly 30 minutes attacking China, Trump now says Vietnam is "almost the single worst abuser of everybody" and indicates he's considering tariffs on Vietnamese goods as well.

TRUMP: "Look, we should be suing Google and Facebook and all that, which, perhaps we will."

Trump's rant about how Twitter allegedly censors him is completely nonsensical

Trump is yelling into the phone about how Mueller "terminated the emails ... he terminated them. They're gone. And that's illegal. That's a crime."

Bartiromo pretends to know what he's talking about and tries to ask a question. Trump just keeps ranting over her.

Trump indicates he doesn't support legislation to provide funding for border facilities so children aren't living in squalor because "there's no money for protection."
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:16 am

Foggy wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:00 am
You possibly frequent a different class of locker room than I do.
That was a joking reference to Trump's defense of his comments:
Donald Trump shrugged off criticism of his claim that he gets to grab the genitals of anyone he wants as just “locker room talk.”
https://www.vox.com/2018/7/7/17543054/d ... -room-talk

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:47 am

Trump on China trade talks: I will impose ‘very substantial’ additional tariffs if no deal is reached
By Julia LimitonePublished June 26, 2019

The president explains his plan B on China trade ahead of the G20 summit.

President Donald Trump Opens a New Window. on Wednesday vowed to impose additional tariffs on China if a trade deal is not reached.

“When tariffs go on in China we are taking in billions and billions of dollars — we never took in 10 cents — now you have another $325 billion that I haven’t taxed yet — it’s ripe for taxing — for putting tariffs on,” he said during an exclusive interview with FOX Business’ Maria Bartiromo. Opens a New Window.

Trump is expected to meet with Chinese President Xi Opens a New Window. Jinping Opens a New Window. on Saturday to discuss trade Opens a New Window. between the world’s two largest economies. The result could have implications for the markets Opens a New Window. and the global economy Opens a New Window. .

“This never happened to China. Now what is happening is people are moving out of China. Companies are moving out of China, by the way, some are coming back to the United States because they don’t want to pay the tariff, etc., etc. But it’s been an incredible thing. Am I happy now? Absolutely. Now I would do additional tariffs by very substantial additional tariffs if that doesn’t work if we don’t make a deal,” he explained.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ex ... lks-at-g20

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:52 am

The Fox Business phone "interview"

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 am

If tariffs were that powerful a tool, wouldn’t everyone use them In endless retaliation?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:28 am

:cantlook: :notlistening:

Rupar's wrap up of the interview: https://www.vox.com/2019/6/26/18759561/ ... ew-mueller

Edit. Stupid autocorrect.

much ado

Post by much ado » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 am
If tariffs were that powerful a tool, wouldn’t everyone use them In endless retaliation?
But they only work in the hands of a skilled negotiator like Trump. :roll:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:40 pm

IMHO Teh Donald is setting himself up to his largest defeat as "negotiator" while attending the G-20. He just went on a rant that implied that his negoriation team under Lightenizer has not yet wrapped up a deal. He will go and bully Xi Jinping who while smile at him and show him the door like Kim did in Hanoi. Dotus misses the point that a G-20 meeting is about world issues in general and not his bilateral pains-in-the-US-ass with China.

Did I already mention that dotus missed he was not just speaking to his beloved massed of Faux News viewers but to the world at large? China especially will be analyzing his rants in detail and be prepared to throw him under the bus. It's a tragic for the US that the WH staff has been unable to make this clear to the remaining brain cells in the Oval Office.

much ado

Post by much ado » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:46 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:40 pm
IMHO Teh Donald is setting himself up to his largest defeat as "negotiator" while attending the G-20. He just went on a rant that implied that his negoriation team under Lightenizer has not yet wrapped up a deal. He will go and bully Xi Jinping who while smile at him and show him the door like Kim did in Hanoi. Dotus misses the point that a G-20 meeting is about world issues in general and not his bilateral pains-in-the-US-ass with China.

Did I already mention that dotus missed he was not just speaking to his beloved massed of Faux News viewers but to the world at large? China especially will be analyzing his rants in detail and be prepared to throw him under the bus. It's a tragic for the US that the WH staff has been unable to make this clear to the remaining brain cells in the Oval Office.
I think the evidence is clear that they've all left the building...

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:59 pm

I can't even...

Trump's audience is stunned as he says this, alluding to McCain: "We needed 60 votes & we had 51, & sometimes we had a hard time with a couple. Fortunately they're gone now. They've gone on to greener pastures. Or perhaps far less green, but they're gone. Very happy they're gone”

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:40 pm

Aaron Rupar

Verified account

@atrupar
1h1 hour ago
More
TRUMP: "It's a great invention -- it's called TiVo. I don't want to be advertising but you know, it's like, better than television. Because television, you never see it again. With TiVo you play it back."
Seriously? TiVo came out in 1999. Hey Trump, most TV content is streamed these days. :roll:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:41 pm

No class, no class at all.
Aaron Rupar

Verified account

@atrupar
2h2 hours ago
More
Really Godly stuff from Trump here.

"His wife is beautiful. Stand up. Look at that."
Aaron Rupar

Verified account

@atrupar
2h2 hours ago
More
Trump tells some jokes about wanting to become a dictator

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:42 pm

It's taking forever, but social media platforms are finally waking up...

I've heard this bull before.

Return to “Trump Administration”