President Trump

User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 25465
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Fogbow HQ
Occupation: Dick Tater

Re: President Trump

#1951

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:03 am

NYT:
Near the end of his meticulously formal, utterly impersonal news conference with Chancellor Angela Merkel, President Trump finally sought a sliver of common ground with his guest: They both, he said, had been wiretapped by former President Barack Obama.
What an asshole. He can't ever, ever, ever tell the truth. What a little piece of shit that man is. :smokeears:


... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you're trying to say?
:think:
#pasta

User avatar
ZekeB
Posts: 14169
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Northwest part of Semi Blue State

Re: President Trump

#1952

Post by ZekeB » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:09 am

pipistrelle wrote:People make fun of Sarah Palin for this kind of blathering.
More people saw Palin for the nutcase that she was. Unfortunately they didn't see this side of #45, despite it being on display before the election. Critical thinking is definitely not the forte of many Americans now a days.


Mnoho lidí se za našeho prezidenta stydí.

Žluté vlasy se k oranžové tváři nehodí.

User avatar
TollandRCR
Posts: 19534
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: President Trump

#1953

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:33 am

Some of us saw what DJT is long before he ran for the 2016 nomination. I wrote about it here. Among many others, I insisted that the priority for the Democratic Party must be to defeat him. I believe that had that been the priority, the campaign might have been very different. HRC might have gone back to Wisconsin, and she might have had a rally in Sterling Heights, not in Grand Rapids.


“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

User avatar
pipistrelle
Posts: 3723
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 am

Re: President Trump

#1954

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:53 am

Foggy wrote:NYT:
Near the end of his meticulously formal, utterly impersonal news conference with Chancellor Angela Merkel, President Trump finally sought a sliver of common ground with his guest: They both, he said, had been wiretapped by former President Barack Obama.
What an asshole. He can't ever, ever, ever tell the truth. What a little piece of shit that man is. :smokeears:
I get how angry that makes people here. But what appalls me is that millions of Americans think this is okay, normal, and even great. I worry about them as much as I worry about their figurehead. I do not understand their choices or their motivations. And it's not all "rural poverty," etc. Some of the ones I know personally are urban, fairly well off, in stable jobs, etc. And still angry about something, they know not what.



User avatar
TollandRCR
Posts: 19534
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: President Trump

#1955

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:51 am

This is The Donald in 2008 standing in front of his mother's ancestral home. It is estimated that he spent 97 seconds inside the home. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-38648877



“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

NMgirl
Posts: 3005
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:02 am

Re: President Trump

#1956

Post by NMgirl » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:57 am

This morning on Twitter:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 28m28 minutes ago

"Despite what you have heard from the FAKE NEWS, I had a GREAT meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Nevertheless, Germany owes.....
...vast sums of money to NATO & the United States must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defense it provides to Germany!"

Jesus wept.



User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 8177
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: President Trump

#1957

Post by Chilidog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:20 am

What an asshole.



User avatar
Volkonski
Posts: 15515
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast and North Fork of Long Island
Occupation: Retired Mechanical Engineer

Re: President Trump

#1958

Post by Volkonski » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:33 am

NMgirl wrote:This morning on Twitter:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 28m28 minutes ago

"Despite what you have heard from the FAKE NEWS, I had a GREAT meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Nevertheless, Germany owes.....
...vast sums of money to NATO & the United States must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defense it provides to Germany!"

Jesus wept.
Germany should make the US pay more for its bases on strategically located German soil. ;)


Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

User avatar
Skip Intro
Posts: 3173
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: President Trump

#1959

Post by Skip Intro » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:06 am

Image


In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

User avatar
TollandRCR
Posts: 19534
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: President Trump

#1960

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:16 am

We have to work to understand why some people are so angry. I will try to post some relevant materials tomorrow. We do know something from current research.


“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

User avatar
listeme
Posts: 5144
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:09 am

Re: President Trump

#1961

Post by listeme » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:22 pm

I know why people are angry.


We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

User avatar
pipistrelle
Posts: 3723
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 am

Re: President Trump

#1962

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:27 pm

listeme wrote:I know why people are angry.
Not everyone is angry for the same reasons. And I know some of it stems from racism, admitted or not.



User avatar
pipistrelle
Posts: 3723
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 am

Re: President Trump

#1963

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Volkonski wrote:
NMgirl wrote:This morning on Twitter:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 28m28 minutes ago

"Despite what you have heard from the FAKE NEWS, I had a GREAT meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Nevertheless, Germany owes.....
...vast sums of money to NATO & the United States must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defense it provides to Germany!"

Jesus wept.
Germany should make the US pay more for its bases on strategically located German soil. ;)
I didn't hear anything from FAKE NEWS, but I sure saw an awkward-as-Hades video.



User avatar
Dandelion
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: President Trump

#1964

Post by Dandelion » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:19 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Foggy wrote:NYT:
Near the end of his meticulously formal, utterly impersonal news conference with Chancellor Angela Merkel, President Trump finally sought a sliver of common ground with his guest: They both, he said, had been wiretapped by former President Barack Obama.
What an asshole. He can't ever, ever, ever tell the truth. What a little piece of shit that man is. :smokeears:
I get how angry that makes people here. But what appalls me is that millions of Americans think this is okay, normal, and even great. I worry about them as much as I worry about their figurehead. I do not understand their choices or their motivations. And it's not all "rural poverty," etc. Some of the ones I know personally are urban, fairly well off, in stable jobs, etc. And still angry about something, they know not what.
Perhaps the better off urban ones are still upset about the black guy becoming president. How dare he?



User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: President Trump

#1965

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:02 pm

NMgirl wrote:This morning on Twitter:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 28m28 minutes ago

"Despite what you have heard from the FAKE NEWS, I had a GREAT meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Nevertheless, Germany owes.....
...vast sums of money to NATO & the United States must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defense it provides to Germany!"

Jesus wept.
Hint: Germany intends to pay more, but towards the NATO, not directly into US pockets (who will be relieved by the same amount).



User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: President Trump

#1966

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:13 pm

RTH10260 wrote:German chancellor Andrea Merkel visits the WH

awkward to say the least, this (also posted in a different thread) the non-handshake
► Show Spoiler
To be nice with Teh Donald, maybe he has not yet absorbed diplomatic etiquette, as was also seen when the Japanese prime minister had to nudge him to the handshake. The State Department would have liked to assist in the learning phase, but all their leading staff have been kicked out. Also too, it speaks not well for Teh Donalds diplomatic capacities, even when one holds a personal grudge against the guest, in the case of one of the best allies one shows appreciation to the nation with the handshake. IMHO the missing guesture exposes one nasty trait of Trump,eg he cannot put his own feelings behind the job he asked for. I fear very much that this emotion of his may take a nasty turn when a stern poker face were needed. Trump will at one time in near future make a public ass of himself and the nation and offend his opposite. It will not make America look great then.



User avatar
TollandRCR
Posts: 19534
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: President Trump

#1967

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Isn't Trump like Howard Hughes was reported to be: deathly afraid of germs and thus deathly afraid of physical contacts?


“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

User avatar
pipistrelle
Posts: 3723
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 am

Re: President Trump

#1968

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:49 pm

TollandRCR wrote:Isn't Trump like Howard Hughes was reported to be: deathly afraid of germs and thus deathly afraid of physical contacts?
He just about ripped his Japanese visitor's arm off, so I'd say no.



User avatar
RoadScholar
Posts: 6408
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am
Location: Baltimore
Occupation: Historic Restoration Woodworker
Contact:

Re: President Trump

#1969

Post by RoadScholar » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:52 pm

That's the first time I've ever heard "being an asshole" described as having "not yet absorbed diplomatic etiquette."


The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: President Trump

#1970

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:00 pm

RoadScholar wrote:That's the first time I've ever heard "being an asshole" described as having "not yet absorbed diplomatic etiquette."
I guess I was showing off my efforts in diplomacy ;)



User avatar
RoadScholar
Posts: 6408
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am
Location: Baltimore
Occupation: Historic Restoration Woodworker
Contact:

Re: President Trump

#1971

Post by RoadScholar » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:09 pm

And well said as such. But you may as well use the ruder term, since it's not hyperbole.

He is an asshole to his wife. He is an asshole to his subordinates. He has been an asshole to the press. He has been an asshole to important heads of state. And if you caught him telling the truth for once, he would very likely admit it. Hell, he'd be pround of it. "Only losers are nice guys," he'd say, or words to that effect.


The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

User avatar
SueDB
Posts: 27756
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:02 pm
Location: FEMA Camp PI Okanogan, WA 98840

Re: President Trump

#1972

Post by SueDB » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU_y9FB ... U_y9FB0QKk

45 on I-95


“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: President Trump

#1973

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:32 pm

G20 finance chiefs fail to renew anti-protectionist pledge after US opposition

[liveleak]0a2edd11ee64[/liveleak]


Euronews video transcript
► Show Spoiler



User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: President Trump

#1974

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:03 pm

Person in custody after incident at White House gates: Secret Service

One person was in custody after a suspicious vehicle drove up to a White House checkpoint on Saturday night, the Secret Service said, after CNN reported that the driver claimed to have a bomb.

CNN, citing two law enforcement sources, said there was no confirmation of any device in the vehicle but that security at the White House had been upgraded.

The Secret Service said an unidentified driver was taken into custody after a suspicious vehicle approached a checkpoint, but made no mention of any claims of an explosive device.

Several streets around the White House were closed.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-s ... SKBN16Q04Q



User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: President Trump

#1975

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Tillerson ends China trip with warm words from President Xi

With warm words from Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sunday, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson ended his first trip to Asia since taking office with an agreement to work together with China on North Korea and putting aside trickier issues.

China has been irritated at being repeatedly told by Washington to rein in North Korea's nuclear and missile programs and the U.S. decision to base an advanced missile defense system in South Korea.

Beijing is also deeply suspicious of U.S. intentions toward self-ruled Taiwan, which China claims as its own, with the Trump administration crafting a big new arms package for the island that is bound to anger China.

But meeting in Beijing's Great Hall of the People, those issues were brushed aside by Xi and Tillerson, at least in front of reporters, with Xi saying Tillerson had made a lot of efforts to achieve a smooth transition in a new era of relations.

"You said that China-U.S. relations can only be friendly. I express my appreciation for this," Xi said
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-tille ... SKBN16Q038



Post Reply

Return to “Trump Administration”