President Trump

pipistrelle

Re: President Trump

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:03 pm

SLQ wrote:
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Volkonski wrote:
Bad for whom?
Don't know. It's bad enough to shock and stun Dianne Feinstein.
Just a guess: I don't think hearing a big nothingburger would cause this kind of reaction. But who knows?
Grassley wasn't looking too happy either, I heard.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:07 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
SLQ wrote:
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Don't know. It's bad enough to shock and stun Dianne Feinstein.
Just a guess: I don't think hearing a big nothingburger would cause this kind of reaction. But who knows?
Grassley wasn't looking too happy either, I heard.
He is a Republican. They are naturally dyspeptic. ;)
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:23 am

The chemical industry free to blast the next city into space
EPA may roll back chemical plant safety rules
By MICHAEL EDISON HAYDEN Mar 15, 2017, 1:48 PM ET

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt has delayed regulations that were made in response to a 2013 explosion at a fertilizer storage plant in West, Texas, that killed 15 people and injured more than 250 others.

The effective date of the rules, focusing on preparing for chemical accidents, has been pushed back to June 19, according to the EPA. The public comment period for the rule has been extended to May 13, which will allow time for the agency to decide if it wants to further delay the rule.

Last December, the Obama administration put the regulations in place in response to the explosion, at the West Fertilizer Co. plant in April 2013, according to Hillary Cohen, a spokesperson for the Chemical Safety Board, an independent federal agency charged with investigating industrial chemical accidents.

The regulations, which were based on the CSB's recommendations, were devised to set standards for how companies that own chemical plants, like West Fertilizer, make information available to their surrounding communities so that residents and first responders can prepare for accidents like the explosion.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/epa-roll ... d=46129635

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:30 am

Cleaning the swamp of Washington DC but accepting outside influence...
White House meeting on Saudi underscores kingdom's influence

By VIVIAN SALAMA, ASSOCIATED PRESS WASHINGTON — Mar 15, 2017, 11:57 AM ET

The White House indicated Wednesday that Saudi Arabia will remain a close consultant to President Donald Trump on security and economic challenges in the Middle East, including the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the Iran nuclear deal.

The White House statement offered a glimpse at how this nascent administration's Middle East policies are taking shape, and how influential Saudi Arabia may be in shaping them. It left little doubt of the president's commitment to reinforcing relations with Saudi Arabia in a lengthy readout Wednesday — a day after the visit.

Trump's rhetoric toward the Israel-Palestinian conflict has notably softened since he was sworn into office. Trump abandoned, at least for now, his vow to move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a plan long in the works but never executed due to the potential security implications.

Trump has also urged Israel to stop settlement expansions in disputed territories and said that the Israelis and Palestinians should determine for themselves whether a one- or two-state solution may work best.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... e-46146570

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:15 pm

How much incompetence and malevolence does it take to ruin a hitherto stable democracy? We have Bannon declaring that he wants to ruin "the administrative state." I doubt that Trump has much understanding of what that means, but he is carrying out the instructions Bannon gives him.

I am finding my depression growing. I am not yet confident that the Democrats have an effective way of resisting Trump's destructive ideas. I do hope that the FBI has found in Trump's Russian connection something that will be disastrous for Trump, but then I recognize that his replacement would be a disaster of another sort.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:32 pm

TollandRCR wrote:How much incompetence and malevolence does it take to ruin a hitherto stable democracy? We have Bannon declaring that he wants to ruin "the administrative state." I doubt that Trump has much understanding of what that means, but he is carrying out the instructions Bannon gives him.

I am finding my depression growing. I am not yet confident that the Democrats have an effective way of resisting Trump's destructive ideas. I do hope that the FBI has found in Trump's Russian connection something that will be disastrous for Trump, but then I recognize that his replacement would be a disaster of another sort.
I think the Democrats (with the help of Trump's ineptness) are resisting quite well, considering the circumstances.

Courts have seen to it there is no Muslim ban. It won't be long until the courts start shoving the Environmental Policy Act up Trump's ass.

The Dems are quite effectively playing the Freedom Caucus RWNJ's against the "moderate" (i.e. running for reelection) Republicans to see that Obamacare, with all its faults, isn't going away anytime soon. Ideally this will cause a divide in the Republican Party that makes Trumpian Tax Reform and Ryan's Ayn Rand inspired visions for Medicare and Social Security unpassable.

Trump's big mouth has destroyed any credibility that he has with anyone who isn't straight up crazy.

I'm not saying Trump and Ryan aren't going to do a lot of damage, but between their own ineptness and the Democrats fighting back, I don't think they are going to get even a small fraction of what they want/promised.
"Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal.' "

-Steve Martin

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:08 pm

Stephen Colbert takes the piss out of Rachael Maddows "bombshell" Trump tax crap, and tears her a new one over it. And frankly she deserved it. She would have held onto it for a day and analysed it but she went for the half baked story and was left looking like an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PL0UZePE-M
"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:30 pm

From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:25 am

Tucker: What do you read, what do you watch?

Trump: All of them, Tucker, all of them.
"Moths are velvety-soft abominations attracted to light." --Puck, reporter from Breaking Cat News

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:29 am

Orlylicious wrote:
Speak about bad time management and about the inability to properly delegate and have trust in staff that they can properly prioritize "emergencies" for the boss.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:34 am

https://youtu.be/6W86bmK4nwI

probably how we all feel

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:38 am

I'd rather hit him with a bat.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:03 am

Angry SpiceBoy
16 Mar 2017
After being asked Thursday about President Donald Trump’s claim that Barrack Obama tapped phones at Trump Tower, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer today launched into a nearly 10-minute long monologue, attacking the media, and quoting at length from news reports. Some on Twitter were quick to point out the news reports Spicer cited did not prove what he claimed. Today, the heads of the Senate Intelligence Committee echoed their counterparts in the House in announcing that they, quote, “see no indications that Trump Tower was the subject of surveillance by any element of the United States government either before or after Election Day 2016.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11BaeruRw0

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Just happened to drop into a press conference whith Trump/Pence prior to meeting with mama Merkel. Trump must be total delusional and off his rocker with what he is telling the journalists about Obamacare (dead dead dead) and how his Trumpcare will take off and all insurance companies will be making exceptional offers to the health care market. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
did I already mention: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

Live feed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KVAlptaXcc

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:23 pm

RTH10260 wrote:Just happened to drop into a press conference whith Trump/Pence prior to meeting with mama Merkel. Trump must be total delusional and off his rocker with what he is telling the journalists about Obamacare (dead dead dead) and how his Trumpcare will take off and all insurance companies will be making exceptional offers to the health care market. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
did I already mention: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

Live feed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KVAlptaXcc
Ever the con artist. He pulled a real bait and switch with Trumpcare.
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:30 pm

He learned his craft from a master con artist, Roy Cohn. Like Trump, Cohn was not concerned about the wellbeing of anyone else but him.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:59 pm

Trump's 'Irish proverb' appears to be a Nigerian poem

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/politics/ ... rian-poem/

Trump needs to hire some fact checkers.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Nigerians are just alternate Irish.
"Moths are velvety-soft abominations attracted to light." --Puck, reporter from Breaking Cat News

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:26 pm

I'm just dropping this here to remind everybody what a real reporter looks and acts like, since we no longer have any of them in the US.

One major characteristic of the current administration is its deep and abiding terror of expertise in general, and outside expertise in particular. - Charles Pierce

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Moron man-baby gets burned.

One major characteristic of the current administration is its deep and abiding terror of expertise in general, and outside expertise in particular. - Charles Pierce

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Skip Intro wrote:Moron man-baby gets burned.

Except that Putin knows how to pull the political string worldwide, and Trump only knows work his puppets in the US buiding industry. And President Bannon knows to play one oversized puppet himself.

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:20 pm

White House Cites Satire Story to Support Trump's Nightmare Budget
1600 Daily is an official newsletter from the White House. It includes important information about the goings-on of the president, including his meeting schedule for the day and upcoming policy initiatives. And, at the very bottom, it includes positive coverage from the media.

Under President Trump, previous issues of 1600 Daily have included predictable write-ups from Fox, Breitbart, Townhall, and the New York Post. But today, one of the links in the “News Reports” header also includes a satirical article of Trumps’ ludicrous budget from Washington Post humorist Alexandra Petri titled “Trump’s budget makes perfect sense and will fix America, and I will tell you why.”

http://gizmodo.com/white-house-cites-sa ... 1793377945
They've since taken the link off of the 1600 Daily page.

Link to the WaPo article referenced: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/co ... 808ebb4668
If a deficit spending, constant golfing, blame shirking, Russia lover is your guy then the next time somebody asks "Hey conservatives,do you love America?" you have to say "Sure,but not as much as I love my side winning."
Neal Brennan

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:10 am

German chancellor Andrea Merkel visits the WH

awkward to say the least, this (also posted in a different thread) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLfukuEutIU

press conference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtTDorw5t_o

more small picks from the meeting at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... rkel+trump

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:21 am

Interesting interview prior to the Merkel visit to the US on Fox Business with former German defense secretary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B2rGoTSCOY

also prior to visit, from NYT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXCzFA2vZbg&t=5s

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:30 am

Orlylicious wrote:
People make fun of Sarah Palin for this kind of blathering.

Return to “Trump Administration”