President Trump

bob

Re: President Trump

Post #3051 by bob » Fri May 19, 2017 1:20 pm

SPLC: With DHS Position, Clarke Would Be the First ‘Patriot’ Leader to Hold a Federal Post:
Milwaukee sheriff's continuing links with extremist 'constitutionalists' raises concerns about his potential role as Trump's federal liaison to local law enforcement.

The apparent elevation of Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke to a position within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security would mark another “first” of sorts for the Trump administration: It’s the first time any known participant in the antigovernment Patriot movement, let alone one of its leading figures, has ever held a federal position of any significance.

Clarke told a radio talk-show host earlier this week that he was accepting the job as assistant secretary in the Office of Partnership and Engagement at DHS, serving as a kind of liaison between local law enforcement the federal agency.

This would be a remarkable position for someone long affiliated with Richard Mack’s extremist Patriot organization, the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, to hold. Among the core tenets of CSPOA dogma is the far-right “constitutionalist” belief that sheriffs represent the highest law of the land, and are capable of overturning or ignoring federal laws within their own jurisdictions. Moreover, Clarke's history of incendiary remarks includes his advocacy of "a second American revolution."

Officials at DHS, however, were not so forthcoming. “The position mentioned is a secretarial appointment. Such senior positions are announced by the department when made official by the secretary. No such announcement with regard to the office of public engagement has been made,” it said in a released statement.

Bonus:
Shortly afterward, Clarke was named “Sheriff of the Year” [in 2013] by the CSPOA, a selection which provoked a piece from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel’s Dan Bice exploring the organization’s background and radical beliefs. Clarke fired back with a press release attacking Bice and defending the CSPOA as “a group of honorable Sheriffs and officers who vow to uphold their oath of defending the U.S. Constitution.”

Joining Clarke on the CSPOA stage that year was Stewart Rhodes, whose Oath Keepers organization has a long record as a fiercely antigovernment, militaristic group. As Media Matters notes, among others attending CSPOA that year were Larry Pratt, head of the far-right Gun Owners of America; Michael Peroutka, an active member of Neo-Confederate hate group League of the South, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio's "chief birther" Mike Zullo.

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

RTH10260

Post #3052 by RTH10260 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:11 pm

It's official now: Trump is pure innocence, even the Russian say so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ1NBq29fi0

tek

Post #3053 by tek » Fri May 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Edward R. Murrow
Eric Sevareid
Walter Cronkite
Peter Jennings
H. V. Kaltenborn
Howard K. Smith
David Brinkley

We need you now.

We are so far down the rabbit hole..

RTH10260

Post #3054 by RTH10260 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:45 pm

tek wrote:Edward R. Murrow
Eric Sevareid
Walter Cronkite
Peter Jennings
H. V. Kaltenborn
Howard K. Smith
David Brinkley

We need you now.

Google is my friend...

Eric Sevareid wrote:Next to power without honor, the most dangerous thing in the world is power without humor.

tek

Post #3055 by tek » Fri May 19, 2017 6:59 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Eric Sevareid wrote:Next to power without honor, the most dangerous thing in the world is power without humor.

How true :(

We are so far down the rabbit hole..

Slartibartfast

Post #3056 by Slartibartfast » Fri May 19, 2017 7:03 pm

tek wrote:
RTH10260 wrote:

How true :(

Trump has both.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

MN-Skeptic

Post #3057 by MN-Skeptic » Fri May 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Overheard today: Just tell Trump he can keep Air Force One if he promises to not return to the U.S.

RVInit

Post #3058 by RVInit » Fri May 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Something about a witch hunt.
Many conservatives supported the investigation into the Clintons and still view the couple with deep suspicion. The broader public came to view independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr critically. One Gallup poll showed 53% of respondents said Starr was acting like a "persecutor" compared to 39% who said he was acting more like a "prosecutor."

As for Trump, one political scientist, Alison Dagnes of Shippensburg University, said he was part of a witch hunt — one that Trump himself led.

“The biggest ‘real’ witch hunt of this century was perpetuated by none other than Donald Trump himself — the witch hunt of President Obama being born in Kenya,” Dagnes said.

Trump perpetuated the myth that Obama’s birth certificate from Hawaii was fake, fueling a conspiracy that lives on despite Trump’s acknowledgment last year that he was wrong.

“If there’s ever been a witch hunt, there’s that,” Dagnes said.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol ... story.html

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

pipistrelle

Post #3059 by pipistrelle » Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 pm

tek wrote:Edward R. Murrow
Eric Sevareid
Walter Cronkite
Peter Jennings
H. V. Kaltenborn
Howard K. Smith
David Brinkley

We need you now.

Dan Rather has returned as a sober voice.

Chilidog

Post #3060 by Chilidog » Fri May 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Anderson Cooper to Jeffery Lord

"If he took a dump on his desk, you would defend it. I don't know what he would do that you would not defend. I mean you're a loyal guy, I think that speaks well of you."

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/05/if-do ... -desk-youd

Whatever4

Post #3061 by Whatever4 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:39 pm

IMG_0133.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

ZekeB

Post #3062 by ZekeB » Sat May 20, 2017 6:09 am

Yes, W4. Deja vu all over again. Though obviously Trump was never a student of history.

bob

Post #3063 by bob » Sat May 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Boston Globe: These are the real ‘greatest witch hunts’ in political history:
[ * * * ]

Birtherism

There is something ironic about Trump complaining to be the victim of the “single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history.” After all, he perpetrated one of the biggest witch hunts in recent US history over former president Barack Obama’s birth certificate.

The implication, of course, is that Obama would be an illegitimate president if he was born outside the United States. The accusation reinforced the notion kept alive by mostly far-right conservatives that Obama wasn’t like most Americans and therefore had a suspect political agenda. The unfounded claim had been around for a few years before Trump brought the conspiracy theory to television news.

When Trump hopped on his helicopter to New Hampshire to explore a run for president in 2011, Obama released his birth certificate. The matter died down for the most part, until Trump brought it up again during his 2016 bid.

Finally, in a much-hyped press conference, Trump said these long-awaited words: “President Barack Obama was born in the United States.”

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

Sunrise

Post #3064 by Sunrise » Sat May 20, 2017 5:45 pm

The hashtag #ThreeWordTrump has suddenly exploded on the Internet. I guess it's time for me to share what I wrote on 1/20/17 to stave off depression. Looking back, it's even more appropriate today.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post #3065 by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat May 20, 2017 6:48 pm

http://www.theonion.com/article/trump-t ... -nat-56046

WASHINGTON—Fed up with the constant notifications about threats to the United States, an exasperated President Trump was trying to figure out how to unsubscribe from the boring national security email list, sources reported Thursday. “Every day, I get these stupid, dull emails about terrorist stuff or nuclear weapons testing, and I can’t find a way to make them stop,” said the president, adding that while he manually deletes the individual highly classified messages as he receives them, he wished there were an actual unsubscribe button so they wouldn’t “clog up [his] inbox” in the first place. “They really should be going to my spam folder, because I don’t remember giving anyone in the CIA or the Department of Homeland Security my email address. If I have to keep getting these top-secret briefings, they should at least make them fun to read. I bet nobody’s actually finished one of them in the history of this country.” At press time, Trump had called an IT person and asked if he could just stop getting emails from anyone with a .gov account.

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Hektor

Post #3066 by Hektor » Sat May 20, 2017 7:03 pm

The Onion forgot the part about the IT person being from Kaspersky.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post #3067 by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat May 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Kudos, Sunrise!!!!!

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Chilidog

Post #3068 by Chilidog » Sat May 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:Kudos, Sunrise!!!!!

Super, special, Sunrise.

pipistrelle

Post #3069 by pipistrelle » Sat May 20, 2017 8:54 pm

I don't know how to post images but you have to see the one in this tweet.

https://twitter.com/bfraser747/status/8 ... 6049042433

Kendra

Post #3070 by Kendra » Sun May 21, 2017 9:14 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/featur ... m=referral

Seven months after the infamous "grab them by the pussy" recording got Bush fired (and nearly toppled Trump's White House run), the former 'Today' host goes public with what happened on that bus, the people who knew about the tape, how he broke the "awful" news to his daughters and his bold comeback move: "I plan to return to the job that I love."

Do we have a pity party emo?

Suranis

Post #3071 by Suranis » Sun May 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Kendra wrote:Do we have a pity party emo?

This works. :violin:

"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

Kendra

Post #3072 by Kendra » Sun May 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Suranis wrote:
Kendra wrote:Do we have a pity party emo?

This works. :violin:

Bam!

MsDaisy

Post #3073 by MsDaisy » Mon May 22, 2017 6:19 am

White House Moves to Block Ethics Inquiry Into Ex-Lobbyists on Payroll

The Trump administration, in a significant escalation of its clash with the government’s top ethics watchdog, has moved to block an effort to disclose the names of former lobbyists who have been granted waivers to work in the White House or federal agencies.

The latest conflict came in recent days when the White House, in a highly unusual move, sent a letter to Walter M. Shaub Jr., the head of the Office of Government Ethics, asking him to withdraw a request he had sent to every federal agency for copies of the waivers. In the letter, the administration challenged his legal authority to demand the information.

Dozens of former lobbyists and industry lawyers are working in the Trump administration, which has hired them at a much higher rate than the previous administration. Keeping the waivers confidential would make it impossible to know whether any such officials are violating federal ethics rules or have been given a pass to ignore them.

Mr. Schaub, who is in the final year of a five-year term after being appointed by President Barack Obama, said he had no intention of backing down. “It is an extraordinary thing,” Mr. Shaub said of the White House request. “I have never seen anything like it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/us/po ... -news&_r=0

Birfers are toast

Kendra

Post #3074 by Kendra » Mon May 22, 2017 2:16 pm

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... ago-resort

Heh, but Twitter folks are making hay with this story :D

RTH10260

Post #3075 by RTH10260 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Kendra wrote:http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/334555-sinkhole-opens-in-front-of-trumps-mar-a-lago-resort

Heh, but Twitter folks are making hay with this story :D

"Draining the swamp" :lol:

Return to “Trump Administration”