Lame Duck Impeached President Trump

bob

Re: President Trump

Post by bob »

I've heard several Canadians (jokingly) boast about burning the White House. (It is all they have!) But:

1. I too doubt that the president knew about that; and
2. I missed the "make stupid jokes" chapter in "The Art of the Deal."

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Trump lashes out at 'unfair' and 'vicious' Melania coverage

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pl ... d20f9fbe29

because, of course, none of his supporters ever said anything bad about Michelle Obama...like this

(Pamela Ramsey Taylor, was at the time director of the Clay County West Virginia Development Corp, and Beverly Whaling, Clay's mayor)

or this....

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

tek wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:58 pm
neeneko wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:52 pm I am actually kinda shocked he knew what the war of 1812 was....
I doubt he did or does.

I'm sure someone told him "the Canadians burned down the White House" on the way into the call.

My money is on Miller, but could have been any of the assholes..
I'm actually surprised he knew when it was! :rotflmao:

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He probably had it ready as a "killer" deflection line if Trudeau brought up the "Canada is a threat to National Security" line. Which it would not have taken a genius to think would happen.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Turtle wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:34 pm https:// twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1004507471002591233
NBC News @NBCNews
WATCH: During FEMA hurricane briefing, President Trump praises the US Coast Guard for saving "16,000 people, many of them in Texas for whatever reason that is -- people went out in their boats to watch the hurricane." pic.twitter.com/6mylLiaZGf

01:36 - 7 Jun 2018
Looking at the NBC twitter thread, folks are speculating that dotus is mentioning people from Louisianna who took their boats over to TX to help out. As for the numbers, nobody seems to know out of what dark orifice they were pulled from. TX for whatever reason ? I wonder if the greater Houston area has seceded from the US :blackeye:
:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

Are we getting into a reaganesque time where Melania will soon be running the country cause dotus' mind is dwindling away :?:

Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

I sure hope so. :daydream:

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
HST's Ghost

Post by HST's Ghost »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:34 pm
Are we getting into a reaganesque time where Melania will soon be running the country by Astrology cause dotus' mind is dwindling away :?:
Fixored. But, surely couldn't be worse...

"I said we will sacrifice the economy in the short term to protect our people's health, people's lives!" - Nguyễn Xuân Phúc
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Trump’s hurricane planning meeting today was an opportunity for him to brag about everything while not discussing hurricane preparations. Is he panicked?.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

TollandRCR wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:29 pm Trump’s hurricane planning meeting today was an opportunity for him to brag about everything while not discussing hurricane preparations. Is he panicked?.
I think he's getting more and more panicked, terrified by the Mueller investigation. I also think that makes him more dangerous, like a cornered animal. Also, I think it makes him look to have been more involved with the Russian tampering that people might have thought months ago.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

TollandRCR wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:29 pm Trump’s hurricane planning meeting today was an opportunity for him to brag about everything while not discussing hurricane preparations. Is he panicked?.
How’s he fixed for paper towels?

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Maybe he has an auditory processing problem. That’s what he heard when FEMA explained things to him because he’s such a stable genius he’s already forgotten there was a hurricane in Texas. And Puerto Rico

One of Sprouts friends has a severe one. Information coming in, she explains, seems to arrive in packets, but not always in sequential order. So she might hear “Are you hello, how?” when one greets her. She’s managed to get along in the world by sheer will, smart girl, pausing thoughtfully before she speaks while frantically rearranging words in her head to get the gist. Things got infinitely better for her in college, where she is able to request printouts of lectures and other accommodations.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

I'm not convinced his panic is solely due to Russia. I think he's feeling cornered as more and more people are seeing him for what he is and are speaking out against him, on social media, the internet, at rallies, everywhere he goes. His go-to response for all of it is to strike back. The more people who "turn against him", the crazier the strikes get. Being an unmitigated asshole got him elected, so doubling down on it should bring them back to the fold, right?

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

kate520 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:34 pm Information coming in, she explains, seems to arrive in packets, but not always in sequential order. So she might hear “Are you hello, how?” when one greets her.
That's exactly how I feel listening to trump!

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:08 pm I'm not convinced his panic is solely due to Russia. I think he's feeling cornered as more and more people are seeing him for what he is and are speaking out against him, on social media, the internet, at rallies, everywhere he goes. His go-to response for all of it is to strike back. The more people who "turn against him", the crazier the strikes get. Being an unmitigated asshole got him elected, so doubling down on it should bring them back to the fold, right?
I certainly wouldn't disagree with any of that. He's one of those who knows how to give it, but not to take it.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Apparently the rule of law has returned:

:shootin: :panic: :shootin: :torches: :happyfamily:

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Somebody must have used the phrase “rule of law” speaking to Trump. He would not otherwise have thought if it. His whole life has been spent skirting the law. A dishonest real estate barker.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
tek

Post by tek »

Turtle wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:00 pm Apparently the rule of law has returned:

:shootin: :panic: :shootin: :torches: :happyfamily:
Which law is that? the law of large numbers?

There's no way back
from there to here
Hektor

Post by Hektor »

Well you see, the President actually produced his birth certificate, it was notorized and verified by the state of New York and everyone's completely logical and totally non-racist questions regarding the President being secretly born on the set of a reality show on Mars were answered. Unlike some other guy who we won't mention. So we're totally back to rule of law now folks.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Hektor wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:34 pm Well you see, the President actually produced his birth certificate, it was notorized and verified by the state of New York and everyone's completely logical and totally non-racist questions regarding the President being secretly born on the set of a reality show on Mars were answered. Unlike some other guy who we won't mention. So we're totally back to rule of law now folks.
Akshully, his BC was issued by the City of New York, not the State.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

I doubt that Trump was born. Like other reptiles, he was hatched.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

TollandRCR wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:36 pm I doubt that Trump was born. Like other reptiles, he was hatched.
:thumbs:

ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

TollandRCR wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:36 pm I doubt that Trump was born. Like other reptiles, he was hatched.
In all honesty I think Rudy is as stupid as Donald.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Tapes!
In private FEMA remarks, Trump’s focus strays from hurricanes

The meeting was supposed to be about hurricane preparedness, as disaster officials gathered at Federal Emergency Management Agency headquarters days after the start of the 2018 season.

But President Trump had a lot else on his mind, turning the closed-door discussion into soliloquies on his prowess in negotiating airplane deals, his popularity, the effectiveness of his political endorsements, the Republican Party’s fortunes, the vagaries of Defense Department purchasing guidelines, his dislike of magnetized launch equipment on aircraft carriers, his unending love of coal and his breezy optimism about his planned Singapore summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“It’s an interesting journey. It’s called the land of the unknown — who knows? We’ll maybe make a deal. Maybe not. As I say to everybody, are you going to make a deal?” Trump said, according to audio of the FEMA meeting obtained by The Washington Post. “Maybe and maybe not. Who knows?”

The president’s 40-minute briefing session behind closed-doors came after he spoke to cameras for about 15 minutes. He briefly referred to Puerto Rico — where health authorities now estimate there were about 1,400 additional deaths following Hurricane Maria, compared to the same period the previous year. The Trump administration was roundly criticized for its performance, and hundreds of thousands in the U.S. territory remain without electricity.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

kate520

Post by kate520 »

ZekeB wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:44 pm
In all honesty I think Rudy is as stupid as Donald.
Rudy didn’t used to be stupid. Personally, I think they’re both senile af.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Return to “Trump Administration”