Lame Duck Impeached President Trump

bob

Re: President Trump

Post by bob »

Bloomberg: U.S. Posts Biggest Budget Deficit Since 2012:
The U.S. recorded a $215 billion budget deficit in February -- its biggest in six years -- as revenue declined.

Fiscal income dropped to $156 billion, down 9 percent from a year earlier, while spending rose 2 percent to $371 billion, the Treasury Department said on Monday. The deficit for the fiscal year that began in October widened to $391 billion, compared with a $351 billion shortfall the same period a year earlier, according to the Treasury report.

The data underscore concerns by some economists that Republican tax cuts enacted this year could increase the U.S. government debt load, which has surpassed $20 trillion. The tax changes are expected to reduce federal revenue by more than $1 trillion over the next decade, while a $300 billion spending deal reached by Congress in February could push the deficit higher.
Thanks, Obama.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro »

Deficits never matter under Republican rule.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:59 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 583599864f
Journeys in Trump World
I traveled to five Trump-branded properties in four countries. Here’s what I glimpsed about America’s future from being a tourist in the world of Trump.
This is an interesting read.
I left the article with the impression that Trump equates to "mediocre at best" :confused:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Homogenized, soulless, corporate mediocrity.

gupwalla

Post by gupwalla »

I've previously called Trump decor "Versailles Upon the Hudson" and imagined that maybe King Midas came to some cheaply decorated townhouse and vomited all over everything.

I don't mean any of that as a compliment. Though to be honest, my tastes run much more modern/spartan, so who am I to say that a gold-plated bust atop a gold-plated table next to a gold-embossed wall is tacky? Maybe I'm the one who is tacky.

In a wilderness of mirrors, what will the spider do beyond the circuit of the shuddering Bear in fractured atoms? -TS Eliot (somewhat modified)

All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

gupwalla wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:26 pm I've previously called Trump decor "Versailles Upon the Hudson" and imagined that maybe King Midas came to some cheaply decorated townhouse and vomited all over everything.

I don't mean any of that as a compliment. Though to be honest, my tastes run much more modern/spartan, so who am I to say that a gold-plated bust atop a gold-plated table next to a gold-embossed wall is tacky? Maybe I'm the one who is tacky.
:nope:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

My decorating style is Country English.

My architectural style is the same or Cape Cod.

Of course, that doesn't explain the moat and drawbridge, but you have to get over that stream somehow.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

I’m an Eastlake fan myself... simultaneously playful and spooky.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Off Topic
My great-grandfather built chicago style bungalows on the south east side

Architecturally, while I'm a fan of the classic Victorian painted lady, Victorian interiors are a horror, and I really don't want to deal with stairs the much anymore

I'm happy in my 2br condo on the first floor with a patio and a grill.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Sterngard Friegen wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:34 pm My decorating style is Country English.

Of course, that doesn't explain the moat and drawbridge, but you have to get over that stream somehow.
There aren’t any turrets or watch towers in the Cape Cod style.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Whatever4 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:40 am
Sterngard Friegen wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:34 pm My decorating style is Country English.

There aren’t any turrets or watch towers in the Cape Cod style.
But they do have widow's walks.

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

RoadScholar wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:53 pm I’m an Eastlake fan myself... simultaneously playful and spooky.
My house's previous owner was a big Eastlake fan, which has converted me. Even if it is really slowing down my furniture acquisition.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sterngard Friegen wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:21 pm Homogenized, soulless, corporate mediocrity.
One of the things some soulless corporations are touting is local sourcing, that is, a hotel might note how they're promoting local craft beer or eggs from regional farms, etc. I don't suppose Trump hotels do that (guessing "haggis bonbons" (!!!) aren't local).

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:47 am
Sterngard Friegen wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:21 pm Homogenized, soulless, corporate mediocrity.
One of the things some soulless corporations are touting is local sourcing, that is, a hotel might note how they're promoting local craft beer or eggs from regional farms, etc. I don't suppose Trump hotels do that (guessing "haggis bonbons" (!!!) aren't local).
"Haggis" :sick: "haggis bonbons" :bigvomit:

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
bob

Post by bob »

Daily Beast: Trump Proposes U.S. ‘Space Force’ to Guard the Galaxy:
President Donald Trump said Tuesday he wants to create a U.S. “Space Force” during a speech before service members at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego. "My new national strategy for space recognizes that space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land air and sea. We may even have a Space Force," Trump said. "We're doing a tremendous amount of work in space, and I said, maybe we need a new force. We'll call it the Space Force." Trump was most likely referring to the National Defense Authorization Act, which was signed into law on December 12th and stipulates that the defense secretary "establish in the executive part of the Department of the Air Force a Space Corps." Back in July, senior Air Force officials told CNN that the corps was an “unnecessary change in the force's existing space efforts.”

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Is a Space Force in the Constitution? :confused:

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
kate520

Post by kate520 »

“...and I said ‘Maybe we need a force in space. We’ll call it the Space Force.’ (I was the first one to think of that.)”
He didn’t really say that last part, but you know he was thinking it. He had that arrogant smirk on his face.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
Hektor

Post by Hektor »

Space Force sounds like a really bad low budget "Science Fiction" TV show. When intergalactic trouble calls, here comes the Space Force!

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

bob wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 pm Daily Beast: Trump Proposes U.S. ‘Space Force’ to Guard the Galaxy:
President Donald Trump said Tuesday he wants to create a U.S. “Space Force” during a speech before service members at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego. "My new national strategy for space recognizes that space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land air and sea. We may even have a Space Force," :snippity:
:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

Is the man senile or only mad? :confused:

PS. US Space Force Odysee sponsered by the Peoples Republic Of China --- don't miss your next Trump For China sticker. Make America China Great Again

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

Now is the perfect time to tell him about the Stargate and the threat posed by the Goa'uld System Lords.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Suranis wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:58 pm Is a Space Force in the Constitution? :confused:
There’s a treaty against it, not that ShitGibbon cares anything about treaties.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

How many years did RWNJs harp on Obama for saying ‘corpse’?

Core?

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

bob wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 pm Daily Beast: Trump Proposes U.S. ‘Space Force’ to Guard the Galaxy:
President Donald Trump said Tuesday he wants to create a U.S. “Space Force” during a speech before service members at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego. "My new national strategy for space recognizes that space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land air and sea. We may even have a Space Force," Trump said. "We're doing a tremendous amount of work in space, and I said, maybe we need a new force. We'll call it the Space Force." Trump was most likely referring to the National Defense Authorization Act, which was signed into law on December 12th and stipulates that the defense secretary "establish in the executive part of the Department of the Air Force a Space Corps." Back in July, senior Air Force officials told CNN that the corps was an “unnecessary change in the force's existing space efforts.”
"Stormy Troopers"

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

Space balls

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump DOJ wants to speed up sales and transfers of machine guns
By JACK DATE Mar 14, 2018, 7:31 PM ET

After last month’s school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 people, President Donald Trump called for a ban on so-called bump stock devices that he said "turn legal weapons into machine guns.”

But at the same time, his administration is quietly pushing for millions more to allow the federal government to speed up approvals for the sale and transfer of actual machine guns.

It’s billed as part of the Trump administration strategy to reduce violent crime - although officials can’t say how - and it’s tucked into the Justice Department’s FY2019 budget request.

The Senate Judiciary Committee’s top Democrat, Dianne Feinstein, calls making approvals for machine gun purchases a priority “unconscionable.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-do ... d=53635619

Return to “Trump Administration”