trump

RTH10260

Re: President Trump

Post by RTH10260 »

Kick the scrotus in the groins real hard!
Trump Pretends To Understand Chinese... Again
For all he knows, foreign leaders could be insulting him.
04/12/2017 08:36 am ET | Updated 1 hour ago

CARLOS BARRIA / REUTERS

President Trump still doesn’t understand how to hold meetings with foreign leaders that do not speak English. Back in February, Trump was seen listening to Prime Minister Shinzo Abe speak Japanese and nodding his head as Abe spoke.

Trump did the same thing when German Chancellor Angela Merkel came to the White House. At one point, Merkel said a few words in German while the president sat and listened, but didn’t think to put in his earpiece with a translation right away.

After forgetting to use the earpiece in these meetings, Trump managed to do it again at Mar-A-Lago with President Xi Jinping of China. As the Chinese president speaks, Trump is seen nodding along without evidence of an earpiece.

For all he knows, foreign leaders could be insulting him and he wouldn’t even realize. This is the Trump cabinet’s business as usual, being completely unprofessional in plain sight.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aga ... 028d568e6e

Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

RTH10260 wrote:
Tillerson says US-Russia ties at ‘low point,’ calls for easing tensions after Putin meeting
Published April 12, 2017 FoxNews.com
T.Rex - did you forget that the relations to Russia have been on a freezing point since Obama and Putin didn't see eye to eye, and that Teh Donald did nothing with his various comments and random accusations to thaw things up? The relationship is not at a new low, it has never left the freezing point! Don't make the mistake and think that a phone call between Putin to Trump after the election brought a new spring. And don't be ignorant: Syria is Russias/Putins playground, don't mess with their interests.
Sounds like Putin has buyer's remorse.

ImageImageImage x4
Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

Slim Cognito wrote:
RTH10260 wrote:
Tillerson says US-Russia ties at ‘low point,’ calls for easing tensions after Putin meeting
Published April 12, 2017 FoxNews.com
T.Rex - did you forget that the relations to Russia have been on a freezing point since Obama and Putin didn't see eye to eye, and that Teh Donald did nothing with his various comments and random accusations to thaw things up? The relationship is not at a new low, it has never left the freezing point! Don't make the mistake and think that a phone call between Putin to Trump after the election brought a new spring. And don't be ignorant: Syria is Russias/Putins playground, don't mess with their interests.
Sounds like Putin has buyer's remorse.
The time will come when Putin will decide that turning on Comrade Donald and creating as much chaos as possible is in his interest. It will be ugly and probably urine soaked.

Jim

Post by Jim »

Always remember...it wasn't so much that the Russians wanted Trump, it was more about Putin being scared shitless about a little old lady in the White House. Would have destroyed Putin's tough guy image.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

So Trump today said he does not consider China to be a currency manipulator. How many times did he say precisely the opposite when he was running for President?

Betraying his far-right base even further, he also said he's open to having Yellen serve another term as Fed chair.

Fascinating. :smoking:

Am I being detained?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Jim wrote:Always remember...it wasn't so much that the Russians wanted Trump, it was more aboutPutin being scared shitless about a little old ladyin the White House. Would have destroyed Putin's tough guy image.
I guess Putin was lucky that this old bird was prior to his time 1 :lol:

Madeleine Albright

1 Except knowing of her as a KGB officer in Eastern Germany

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Shocking to hear this guy in a recent interview on Faux News

:doh:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

"Nobody knew that healthcare was so difficult..."

Listen to Trumps knowlege on N.Korea in the first seconds of this clip.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump on North Korea: “After listening for 10 minutes, I realized it’s not so easy”
Updated by Zack Beauchamp@zackbeauchampzack@vox.com Apr 12, 2017, 6:44pm EDT

President Donald Trump recounted an absolutely astounding detail about one of his conversations with Chinese President Xi Jinping in comments published by the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday afternoon. Apparently, Trump came into his first meeting with the Chinese leader, in early April, convinced that China could simply eliminate the threat posed by North Korea’s nuclear program. Xi then patiently explained Chinese-Korean history to Trump — who then promptly changed his mind.

“After listening for 10 minutes, I realized it’s not so easy,” the president told the Journal. “I felt pretty strongly that they had a tremendous power [over] North Korea. ... But it’s not what you would think.”

Four quick observations about this:
  1. Trump thought China could fix North Korea until the Chinese president politely informed him that North Korea is in fact complicated.
  2. Trump seems to have required the leader of China to explain basic facts to him that he could have Googled, or at least asked one of the many US government North Korea experts about.
  3. Trump came to a profound realization about one of the most dangerous conflicts on earth after a 10-minute conversation.
  4. Trump is getting his information about East Asian affairs from the leader of America’s largest rival in the region.
http://www.vox.com/2017/4/12/15279654/t ... 10-minutes

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260 wrote:
Trump on North Korea: “After listening for 10 minutes, I realized it’s not so easy”
:snippity:
I am astonished how incurisous Trump is about the issues he is expected to handle. In his hotel and other failed businesses, did he expect his secretaries and underlings to have always presented him the full picture (I guess from other sources, yes, real images). And then he would just blindly sign off? As he did with his EOs? And of course we see once more the effects of the State Department being without leadership in the upper staffing levels. Nobody there to give T.Rex the information to hand over to the scrotus. And for a very young administration it may have been helpful had T.Rex also been at this top level conference instead of jetting to Russia that day.

maydijo

Post by maydijo »

RTH10260 wrote:
Updated by Zack Beauchamp@zackbeauchampzack@vox.com Apr 12, 2017, 6:44pm EDT

:snippity: President Donald Trump recounted an absolutely astounding detail about one of his conversations with Chinese President Xi Jinping in comments published by the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday afternoon. Apparently, Trump came into his first meeting with the Chinese leader, in early April, convinced that China could simply eliminate the threat posed by North Korea’s nuclear program. Xi then patiently explained Chinese-Korean history to Trump — who then promptly changed his mind.

“After listening for 10 minutes, I realized it’s not so easy,” the president told the Journal. “I felt pretty strongly that they had a tremendous power [over] North Korea. ... But it’s not what you would think.”

F :snippity:
Oh goodie, we're back to making foreign policy by truthiness!

It's just the vibe of the thing! (Aussies will get it)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

One might have thought that, in advance of a high stakes summit meeting with China, Trump would have spent days preparing with the help of every China expert available. After all China is only our largest trading partner. China is the biggest player in fast growing east Asia. China is a growing military power that has nuclear weapons. (And don't forget that China is starting to buy up all our lobsters and avocados. ;) )

But no. Trump just wings it. :bangwall:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote::roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

One might have thought that, in advance of a high stakes summit meeting with China, Trump would have spent days preparing with the help of every China expert available. After all China is only our largest trading partner. China is the biggest player in fast growing east Asia. China is a growing military power that has nuclear weapons. (And don't forget that China is starting to buy up all our lobsters and avocados. ;) )

But no. Trump just wings it. :bangwall:
Like in:
19 things Donald Trump knows better than anyone else, according to Donald Trump
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... ald-trump/

or this:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Interesting headline.

President Trump changes stance on 4 campaign positions in just 1 day

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presiden ... d=46772760

His four new positions-

China is not a currency manipulator.

NATO is not obsolete.

Janet Yellen is not necessarily "toast" when her term is up.

Export-Import Bank is a very good thing.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Hektor

Post by Hektor »

I wonder what the next political file Trump will find to be surprisingly difficult. I already have health care reform and North Korea on my card... but for Bingo I definitely need the wall or China.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, and 4 granddogs and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hektor wrote:I wonder what the next political file Trump will find to be surprisingly difficult. I already have health care reform and North Korea on my card... but for Bingo I definitely need the wall or China.
:rotflmao:

"Why Iron-man and why not Fe-male? This joke is not for everyone." - Monde Mobsinner Bakaqana to The Science Nerds on Twitter.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Politico
Trump's base turns on him

Donald Trump’s true believers are losing the faith.

As Trump struggles to keep his campaign promises and flirts with political moderation, his most steadfast supporters — from veteran advisers to anti-immigration activists to the volunteers who dropped their jobs to help elect him — are increasingly dismayed by the direction of his presidency.

Their complaints range from Trump’s embrace of an interventionist foreign policy to his less hawkish tone on China to, most recently, his marginalization of his nationalist chief strategist, Steve Bannon. But the crux of their disillusionment, interviews with nearly two dozen Trump loyalists reveal, is a belief that Trump the candidate bears little resemblance to Trump the president. He’s failing, in their view, to deliver on his promise of a transformative “America First” agenda driven by hard-edged populism.

"Donald Trump dropped an emotional anchor. He captured how Americans feel," said Tania Vojvodic, a fervent Trump supporter who founded one of his first campaign volunteer networks. "We expect him to keep his word, and right now he's not keeping his word."

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Addie wrote:Politico

Donald Trump’s true believers are losing the faith.

As Trump struggles to keep his campaign promises and flirts with political moderation, his most steadfast supporters — from veteran advisers to anti-immigration activists to the volunteers who dropped their jobs to help elect him — are increasingly dismayed by the direction of his presidency.

Their complaints range from Trump’s embrace of an interventionist foreign policy to his less hawkish tone on China to, most recently, his marginalization of his nationalist chief strategist, Steve Bannon. But the crux of their disillusionment, interviews with nearly two dozen Trump loyalists reveal, is a belief that Trump the candidate bears little resemblance to Trump the president. He’s failing, in their view, to deliver on his promise of a transformative “America First” agenda driven by hard-edged populism.

"Donald Trump dropped an emotional anchor. He captured how Americans feel," said Tania Vojvodic, a fervent Trump supporter who founded one of his first campaign volunteer networks. "We expect him to keep his word, and right now he's not keeping his word."
The marks are finally catching onto the con

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Chilidog wrote:

The marks are finally catching onto the con
They aren't catching onto the con. They are disappointed that he isn't doing what he said he would do, but they would still vote for him. The only thing these people would vote for is someone even worse. I bet they would love to see Mike Pence as President instead.

Addie

Post by Addie »

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

They will never accept the reality that Trump seems to accept, at least for today: The "America First" me-me-me agenda is dangerous to the U.S.

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
kate520

Post by kate520 »

The man with full control of all three branches STILL blames Democratic obstructionism for all his woes? Oh, waah, Mr. president*. First you were outvoted by a completely competent woman, now you can't even make headway against toothless opponents. Methinks you grabbed so much pussy in your salad days you've turned into one. Grow up, Shitgibbon.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

How long and how much basic education will it take until this "base" realizes that the potus is not a dictator but dependant on Congress?

maydijo

Post by maydijo »

RTH10260 wrote:
How long and how much basic education will it take until this "base" realizes that the potus is not a dictator but dependant on Congress?
The next time it's a Democrat in the White House. Because then they'll be complaining he acts like a dictator. When it's a Republican president signing elevent billion executive orders, he's being efficient and statesmanlike. When it's a Democrat signing one, he's being a dictator.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Off Topic
Addie wrote:
OK - lost at least one hour of my life by dropping back into my childhood and listening on Youtube to a voice that was permantently on the radio in Switzerland in those years mid-50s to mid-60s.

Return to “Trump Administration”