trump

RoadScholar

Re: President Trump

Post by RoadScholar »

RTH10260 wrote:
Execs Return to White House to Give Trump Their U.S. Job Ideas
by BEN POPKEN
:snippity:
He also prodded the CEO of GE, Jeffrey Immelt, to relate an anecdote where while golfing Trump said "I'm the best golfer of all the rich people," and the proceeded to hit a hole-in-one on a par 3.
http://fortune.com/2017/01/18/trump-wil ... secretary/
February 1994 --- Kim Il Sung Visits the Pyongyang Gold Lane
The new 40-lane bowling alley is described as a “patriotic donation” from a Korean businesswoman living in Japan. Later, North Korean media will report that Kim Jong Il has bowled a perfect game at Gold Lane.

October 1994 --- Kim Jong Il Shoots 38 Under Par
In his first round of golf ever, Kim Jong Il sinks eleven holes-in-one at the 7,700-yard, 18-hole Pyongyang Golf Club. North Korean media reports a score of 34, which would be a world record.

Piker.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro »

Hektor wrote:Um, please tell me this is fake news.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017 ... efing.html
WASHINGTON—Journalists from at least three U.S. news organizations were prohibited from attending a briefing by U.S. President Donald Trump’s press secretary on Friday, a highly unusual breach of relations between the White House and its press corps.

Reporters from The New York Times, CNN and Politico were not allowed to enter the West Wing office of the press secretary, Sean M. Spicer, for the scheduled briefing. Aides to Mr. Spicer allowed in reporters from only a hand-picked group of news organizations that, the White House said, had been previously confirmed to attend.

Organizations allowed in included Breitbart News, the One America News Network and The Washington Times, all with conservative leanings. Journalists from ABC, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and Fox News also attended.
I honestly don't know why President Trump even bothers with this when he could just establish the Ministry of Truth.
He will. Soon.

People should be worried about this, but only the ones who didn't vote for him will be and they no longer count.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

WASHINGTON—Journalists from at least three U.S. news organizations were prohibited from attending a briefing by U.S. President Donald Trump’s press secretary on Friday, a highly unusual breach of relations between the White House and its press corps.

Reporters from The New York Times, CNN and Politico were not allowed to enter the West Wing office of the press secretary, Sean M. Spicer, for the scheduled briefing. Aides to Mr. Spicer allowed in reporters from only a hand-picked group of news organizations that, the White House said, had been previously confirmed to attend.

Organizations allowed in included Breitbart News, the One America News Network and The Washington Times, all with conservative leanings. Journalists from ABC, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and Fox News also attended.

I honestly don't know why President Trump even bothers with this when he could just establish the Ministry of Truth.
He is still searching for descendants of the Goebbels family to lead it.

bob

Post by bob »

It gets worse: N.Y. Daily News: White House bars Daily News and many other outlets from press briefing after Trump threatens to 'do something' about the media:
The White House ramped up its war with the press Friday afternoon, barring multiple outlets including the Daily News from getting to ask questions as it let in a select few for a briefing from Press Secretary Sean Spicer.

Among the many outlets barred from Spicer's office: CNN, The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, RealClearPolitics, BBC, and The News.

Reporters from a few outlets including Time and Associated Press refused to attend in protest.

Trump did the same thing on the campaign trail, barring outlets he deemed hostile like Politico, the Washington Post, BuzzFeed, the Huffington Post and the Des Moines Register from getting press credentials.

“I’m not against the media, I’m not against the press. I don’t mind bad stories when I deserve them… I am only against the fake news media, the fake press,” Trump insisted in his Friday morning speech. “I love the First Amendment. Nobody loves it more than me.”

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro »

In Trump's opinion of himself, he's never once done anything to deserve bad press. Not ever. So when he gets it, it must be FAKE NEWS! and will be punished.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

No, it's about dominance. When someone takes him down a peg he has to strike back to stay on top in his head. Thats what the Ju Jitzu handshake is about. That what all that smarming around the room with the CEOS was about.

His stupid twits are all about getting back on top by insulting people. That's why feeding the SFV praise lessens the twitting.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

as mentioned a few post up from a Swissnews paper, here the local opinion:
Trump's words send Cabinet on perpetual clean-up mission
Allies around the world aren't sure whether to listen to Trump or members of his team running damage control after the fact.
By NAHAL TOOSI 02/23/17 11:39 PM EST

With each passing day, Donald Trump’s Cabinet looks more like a clean-up crew.

The president’s undiplomatic comments are repeatedly forcing his foreign policy and national security appointees into the awkward position of telling an anxious world that, basically, their boss didn’t really mean what he said.

The latest example came Thursday, as Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson visited Mexico, a frequent target of Trump’s ire. Trump declared in the morning that the U.S. deportation program he wants to ramp up is “a military operation.”

Later in the day, Kelly insisted to Mexican officials that it was no such thing. “No — repeat — no use of military force in immigration operations. None,” the secretary said in a public statement.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer dismissed questions about Trump's use of the term “military,” saying the president was using the word as an adjective to describe how efficiently his immigration-related orders are being implemented.

Still, whether it is Mexico, America’s NATO allies in Europe, or major Asian partners such as Japan and South Korea, Trump aides are scrambling to reassure counterparts that the U.S. is committed to friendships it has long sustained and policies it has long championed. As a result, many leaders in those other countries often don’t know who to believe.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/t ... -up-235325

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Still, whether it is Mexico, America’s NATO allies in Europe, or major Asian partners such as Japan and South Korea, Trump aides are scrambling to reassure counterparts that the U.S. is committed to friendships it has long sustained and policies it has long championed. As a result, many leaders in those other countries often don’t know who to believe.
Why would you believe Despotus's aides? They don't know for certain either.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Azastan wrote:
Why would you believe Despotus's aides? They don't know hold their jobs for certain either.
FIFY

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

RTH10260 wrote:
Hektor wrote:
He is still searching for descendants of the Goebbels family to lead it.

There are some living in Indiana (Supposedly)

Princess foofypants

Post by Princess foofypants »

Skip Intro wrote:

He will. Soon.

People should be worried about this, but only the ones who didn't vote for him will be and they no longer count.
The Washington Post unveiled a new slogan under their mast. Unfortunately very apropos.

The Washington Post
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, and 4 granddogs and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Suranis wrote:No, it's about dominance. When someone takes him down a peg he has to strike back to stay on top in his head. Thats what the Ju Jitzu handshake is about. That what all that smarming around the room with the CEOS was about.

His stupid twits are all about getting back on top by insulting people. That's why feeding the SFV praise lessens the twitting.
Actually it's about both. The narcissist must be the best and right all the time NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES.

"Why Iron-man and why not Fe-male? This joke is not for everyone." - Monde Mobsinner Bakaqana to The Science Nerds on Twitter.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I think good to drop here, UKs Nigel Farage at CPAC 2017

Hektor

Post by Hektor »

I fear this is just the beginning in terms of freedom of the press. Beyond his narcissistic need for things to be about how fabulous he is, this is a trial balloon to see exactly how much he can get away with.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I'm not usually one to say I told you so. I don't know how to link to a specific post. But, I posted the following on Jan 12, 2017 in the PEOTUS topic. Post # 851487. Seems like I was close. I didn't know they would go so far as to ban entry.
PEOTUS press conference confirmed my suspicions that he is going to simply not allow any reporters whose news organizations post criticism of him to ask questions during "news conferences". There will be no news conferences during the Trump administration, there will be only propaganda events.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

I wish that the legitimate media would leave the room if Trump bars CNN or the other media again. That would leave a few alt/right media.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
YellowMustard

Post by YellowMustard »

TollandRCR wrote:I wish that the legitimate media would leave the room if Trump bars CNN or the other media again. That would leave a few alt/right media.
They just might. The Wall Street Journal said they would have boycotted the briefing had they known what was going on. Time magazine, USA Today and the AP did boycott it.

----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w
YellowMustard

Post by YellowMustard »

Bill Kristol @BillKristol
Spicer's going after media in wake of reporting about FBI/Congress/Priebus. Goal: Discredit forthcoming news on FBI Russia investigation?

Joe Scarborough Retweeted Bill Kristol @JoeNBC
That's a good guess. A source told me earlier today that more Russia stories were in the works. A few hours later, the media was attacked.

----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, and 4 granddogs and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I hope the legitimate press boycotts the White House Correspondents Dinner where Trump will tell everyone this is where he decided to run for President.

"Why Iron-man and why not Fe-male? This joke is not for everyone." - Monde Mobsinner Bakaqana to The Science Nerds on Twitter.
Miss Meh

Post by Miss Meh »

What's the old saying? "Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel."

I'm hoping POUTUS's war on the media has them determined to dig up every single piece of dirt they can find on anyone associated with his administration. :boxing: :pray:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Not sure if this is the right thread, but interesting piece from Rachel Maddow.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Trump surrogates basically suck at their job.

At CPAC this morning Drumph railed against "anonymous sources" and the press. Said everyone should be named.

This afternoon, ex-congressman Bob Walker was on Susan Glasser's podcast/internet radio show and claimed that during Watergate there were no anonymous sources.

Yeah, Deep Throat was the guy's real name.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Now that you missed the stock market rally we can post this
U.S. reverses Obama-era move to phase out private prisons

The U.S. Justice Department has reversed an order by the Obama administration to phase out the use of private contractors to run federal prisons.

In a memo made public on Thursday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the Obama policy impaired the government's ability to meet the future needs of the federal prison system.

The Obama administration said in August 2016 it planned a gradual phase-out of private prisons by letting contracts expire or by scaling them back to a level consistent with recent declines in the U.S. prison population.

It said privately operated prisons were less safe and a poor substitute for government-run facilities.

"The (Obama administration) memorandum changed long-standing policy and practice, and impaired the bureau's ability to meet the future needs of the federal correctional system. Therefore, I direct the bureau to return to its previous approach," Sessions said in a letter dated Tuesday to Thomas Kane, acting director of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Shares of the two leading U.S. private prison companies gained in after hours trading, with GEO Group Inc up 2.15 percent and CoreCivic Inc up 3.44 percent.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-p ... SKBN1622NN

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Here come the Political Commissars, we spoke of it upthread
In sweeping move, Trump puts regulation monitors in U.S. agencies

By David Shepardson and Steve Holland | WASHINGTON

President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Friday to place "regulatory reform" task forces and officers within federal agencies in what may be the most far reaching effort to pare back U.S. red tape in recent decades.

Trump signed the directive in the Oval Office with chief executives of major U.S. corporations standing behind him including Dow Chemical Co (DOW.N), Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) and U.S. Steel Corp (X.N).

The sweeping order directs every federal agency to establish a task force to ensure each has a team to research all regulations and take aim at those deemed burdensome to the U.S. economy and designate regulatory reform officers within 60 days and must report on the progress within 90 days.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260 wrote:Here come the Political Commissars, we spoke of it upthread
In sweeping move, Trump puts regulation monitors in U.S. agencies
Trump signed the directive in the Oval Office with chief executives of major U.S. corporations standing behind him including Dow Chemical Co (DOW.N), Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) and U.S. Steel Corp (X.N).
How much government can money buy? But I bet they represent the True We The People that voted for Teh Donald.

Return to “Trump Administration”