trump

YellowMustard

Re: President Trump

Post by YellowMustard »

Trump's governmental hiring freeze means the military is having to cut back on-base child care.

C5C7ldLWMAADB9W.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Verbie's recruiting for the Armageddon Compound, I see.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Trump does not look healthy or happy now. Now that he no longer controls photographers, it has also become clear to me that the ugliness of his mind comes through in the ugliness of his face and his limited repertoire of facial expressions.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

TollandRCR wrote:Trump does not look healthy or happy now. Now that he no longer controls photographers, it has also become clear to me that the ugliness of his mind comes through in the ugliness of his face and his limited repertoire of facial expressions.
Limited repertoire of facial expressions? I'm quite disturbed by his limited repertoire of adjectives.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Dandelion wrote:
TollandRCR wrote:Trump does not look healthy or happy now. Now that he no longer controls photographers, it has also become clear to me that the ugliness of his mind comes through in the ugliness of his face and his limited repertoire of facial expressions.
Limited repertoire of facial expressions? I'm quite disturbed by his limited repertoire of adjectives.

And I'm quite disturbed by his limited repertoire of thoughts.

M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Trump is not an adult. His long-sought statement on anti-Semitism was what a young child might say.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, and 4 granddogs and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Whatever4 wrote:Verbie's recruiting for the Armageddon Compound, I see.
I can't read apocalyptic things but have a friend who loves them. I will send it to hear so she can give me a verbal summary.

"Why Iron-man and why not Fe-male? This joke is not for everyone." - Monde Mobsinner Bakaqana to The Science Nerds on Twitter.
June bug

Post by June bug »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
I can't read apocalyptic things but have a friend who loves them. I will send it to hear so she can give me a verbalobe summary.
FIFY.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, and 4 granddogs and one grandcat.

June bug wrote:
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
I can't read apocalyptic things but have a friend who loves them. I will send it to hear so she can give me a verbalobe summary.
FIFY.
Thank you! :lol:

"Why Iron-man and why not Fe-male? This joke is not for everyone." - Monde Mobsinner Bakaqana to The Science Nerds on Twitter.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Sunrise wrote:
Dandelion wrote:

And I'm quite disturbed by his limited repertoire of thoughts.
IIRC, King George The Lesser Bush had certain limitations early on, and one adviser challenged him to read at least one book a week (successfully I recollect). Can anyone get Teh Donald to turn off his teeeveee and put a book into his hands, including his reading glasses. May work wonders, especially when he really were to read governmental reports during day. Maybe he will even read thru EOs before signing them off. :think:

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Psssst! RTH, I think he has pretty severe cognitive decline, from what I'm not sure. I don't think he can read, or rather understand what he reads. Maybe Ivanka could read to him. ;)

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Slightly off topic, but following the trend

I recommend the book
"Julian Comstock, a story of 22nd Century America" by Robert Charles Wilson.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I think it was further up this thread where we discussed the termination of State Department staff while Tillerson was away. And it turns out that it was his decision:
Tillerson presides over abrupt shakeup at State Department

By Elise Labott and Nicole Gaouette, CNN
Updated 1119 GMT (1919 HKT) February 20, 2017

The move sent shock waves through the agency and has left career officials on edge
Two dozen career foreign and civil service officers are scrambling for reassignments

Washington (CNN)Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has reassigned a majority of the staff meant to work most closely with the top US diplomat in what career officials at the State Department fear is the start of a major reorganization.

The news sent shock waves through the agency and has left career officials on edge, in part because of its abrupt nature -- taking place before their assignments end this summer and replacements have been found -- and in part because these officials help the secretary, a government novice, work with policy experts throughout the building.

While Tillerson was on his first overseas trip at the G20 in Bonn, Germany, his aides told the entire staff in the offices of the deputy secretary of state for management and resources and the State Department counselor that their current assignments were prematurely coming to an end, according to senior aides.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/17/polit ... index.html

Tiredretiredlawyer

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/t ... fer-235263

President Donald Trump’s former campaign staffers claim they cracked the code for tamping down his most inflammatory tweets, and they say the current West Wing staff would do well to take note.

The key to keeping Trump’s Twitter habit under control, according to six former campaign officials, is to ensure that his personal media consumption includes a steady stream of praise. And when no such praise was to be found, staff would turn to friendly outlets to drum some up — and make sure it made its way to Trump’s desk.

"If candidate Trump was upset about unfair coverage, it was productive to show him that he was getting fair coverage from outlets that were persuadable," said former communications director Sam Nunberg. "The same media that our base digests and prefers is going to be the base for his support. I would assume the president would like see positive and preferential treatment from those outlets and that would help the operation overall."
:snippity:

Hektor

Post by Hektor »

So the key to keeping the Donald off of twitter is to have Brietbart run a daily article entitled President Trump is loved by all except for losers?

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Seriously unstable, this Shitgibbon.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Pathetic

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/t ... fer-235263
"If candidate Trump was upset about unfair coverage, it was productive to show him that he was getting fair coverage from outlets that were persuadable," said former communications director Sam Nunberg. "The same media that our base digests and prefers is going to be the base for his support. I would assume the president would like see positive and preferential treatment from those outlets and that would help the operation overall."
Ahhhh - that's why Teh Donald is so in love with Russia: Czar Donald and Prince Potemkin Putin is errecting the namesake Potemkin Villages for him :lol:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Hektor wrote:So the key to keeping the Donald off of twitter is to have Brietbart run a daily article entitled President Trump is loved by all except for losers?
"I do not think about things... I do not think about." ---Matthew Harrison Brady (Willam Jennings Bryan) in Inherit the Wind.

"Do you ever think about things you do think about?" ---Henry Drummond (Clarence Darrow) in Inherit the Wind.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
much ado

Post by much ado »

Is someone trying to get under Trump's skin? In the Chicago Tribune:

Maybe Donald Trump is just a weak president

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

RoadScholar wrote:
Hektor wrote:So the key to keeping the Donald off of twitter is to have Brietbart run a daily article entitled President Trump is loved by all except for losers?
"I do not think about things... I do not think about." ---Matthew Harrison Brady (Willam Jennings Bryan) in Inherit the Wind.

"Do you ever think about things you do think about?" ---Henry Drummond (Clarence Darrow) in Inherit the Wind.
Reality was just as good. From the 7th day of the Scopes trial, Clarence Darrow questioning William Jennings Bryan-
Q--When was that Flood?
A--I would not attempt to fix the date. The date is fixed, as suggested this morning.
Q--About 4004 B.C.?
A--That has been the estimate of a man that is accepted today. I would not say it is accurate.
Q--That estimate is printed in the Bible?
A--Everybody knows, at least, I think most of the people know, that was the estimate given.
Q--But what do you think that the Bible, itself says? Don't you know how it was arrived at?
A--I never made a calculation.
Q--A calculation from what?
A--I could not say.
Q--From the generations of man?
A--I would not want to say that.
Q--What do you think?
A--I do not think about things I don't think about.
Q--Do you think about things you do think about
?
A--Well, sometimes.
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/f ... s/day7.htm

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

Borowitz is a life preserver of satire and sanity in a roiling sea of Trump:
DwarfPresident.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

June bug

Post by June bug »

much ado wrote:Is someone trying to get under Trump's skin? In the Chicago Tribune:

Maybe Donald Trump is just a weak president
Son of a gun - that's by Ramesh Ponnuru - he's quite a right wing ideologue. AEI and National Review are his usual hangouts.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Volkonski wrote:
RoadScholar wrote:
Reality was just as good. From the 7th day of the Scopes trial, Clarence Darrow questioning William Jennings Bryan-
A--I never made a calculation.
Q--A calculation from what?
A--I could not say.
Q--From the generations of man?
A--I would not want to say that.
Q--What do you think?
A--I do not think about things I don't think about.
Q--Do you think about things you do think about
?
A--Well, sometimes.
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/f ... s/day7.htm
Honestly, I had no idea the play tracked the trial transcript that well. And the lines I gave are based on memory from about 1965, so I might have them wrong anyway.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

RoadScholar wrote:Honestly, I had no idea the play tracked the trial transcript that well. And the lines I gave are based on memory from about 1965, so I could have them wrong.
Yes, Jerome Lawrence and Robert Edwin Lee copied quite a bit of the play's trial scenes almost word for word from the actual trial transcripts.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Trump Administration”