President* Trump - *Impeached

Suranis

Re: President* Trump - *Impeached

Post by Suranis »

Make that 3... and when you have lost Pat Robertson...

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I'm still unconvinced he was holding a bible. It could have been a copy of Mein Kampf.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

CNN answers questions enquiring minds want to know:
While it was Trump who came up with the idea of the church visit, senior adviser Hope Hicks, chief of staff Mark Meadows, as well as Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner and his daughter Ivanka Trump, were involved in the initial planning of the operation, according to two senior White House officials. The final decision to visit the church came roughly five hours before police and military forces swarmed the park to clear out the protesters, though officials in the press office were not looped into the plan until much later.
:snippity:
"As that meeting concluded, the President indicated an interest in viewing the troops that were outside**, and the secretary and the chairman went with him to do so. That was the extent of what was taking place," the official said.
:snippity:
At 7:01 p.m. ET, Trump emerged from the North Portico of the White House, striding down the driveway and toward a cordon of law enforcement officers. Behind him trailed a large cadre of senior White House aides, including Ivanka Trump -- carrying a designer purse with a Bible tucked inside -- and her husband Jared, both senior advisers; chief of staff Mark Meadows; and press secretary Kayleigh McEnany.
**Because he so envied Queen Elizabeth for getting to do that!

60 minutes of mayhem: How aggressive politics and policing turned a peaceful protest into a violent confrontation
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

neonzx wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:07 pm
I'm still unconvinced he was holding a bible. It could have been a copy of Mein Kampf.
Yeah, an old prison tactic taught to Trump by Jared's old man.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:yeah:
pipistrelle wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:01 am
neeneko wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:45 am
ZekeB wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:40 am
Here you are, Donald. You're reaping the harvest of the seeds you've sown.
You say this like current events are not pretty much what his supporters were hoping for, and what aligns perfectly with his needs anyway.
It looked to me in many cases like his supporters showed up for the protests and helped turn them into riots.
:yeah:
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

poplove

Post by poplove »

"PLEASE. Tell people about this.

I'm going to provide some history of Neo-Confederate, white-identity, apocalyptic evangelicalism, what I call the Cult of the Shining City.

This is who Donald Trump was messaging yesterday with his bible stunt."

https://threader.app/thread/1267831319112761346

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Apparently that's what he was doing in the CC church today and this photo - except the Cross should be more centered and he should be under the Cross, so Trump was putting himself over God.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

:puker: :puker:
Suranis wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:00 am
Apparently that's what he was doing in the CC church today and this photo - except the Cross should be more centered and he should be under the Cross, so Trump was putting himself over God.
That came from the illegal immigrants’s account. The kneeling one ... barf

Leave it to the ShitGibbon to piss off 2 religions in an 18 hour period.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

I was able to clip the spine of the bible OSG was holding in the second video on this page: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... n-n1222391 (which is interesting in itself because it Esper claims he didn't know of the photo op in advance.)

The pics are below. It appears to be the Revised Standard Version (RSV). So, not terribly interesting, as that is fairly common.
screenshot-www.nbcnews.com-2020.06.02-21-33-30.jpg
screenshot-www.nbcnews.com-2020.06.02-21-34-46.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

That's why no matter how many Iran hawks like Flynn and John Bolton get ETTD'd, there are always 2 more to take their place.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

How Trump's Idea For A Photo Op Led To Havoc In A Park
When the history of Trump's presidency is written, the clash with protesters that preceded President Trump's walk accross Lafayette Square may be remembered as one of its defining moments.

By Peter Baker, Maggie Haberman, Katie Rogers, Zolan Kanno-Youngs and Katie BennerVideos by Haley Willis, Christiaan Triebert and David Botti
Published June 2, 2020
Updated June 3, 2020, 3:55 a.m. ET

WASHINGTON — After a weekend of protests that led all the way to his own front yard and forced him to briefly retreat to a bunker beneath the White House, President Trump arrived in the Oval Office on Monday agitated over the television images, annoyed that anyone would think he was hiding and eager for action.

He wanted to send the military into American cities, an idea that provoked a heated, voices-raised fight among his advisers. But by the end of the day, urged on by his daughter Ivanka Trump, he came up with a more personal way of demonstrating toughness — he would march across Lafayette Square to a church damaged by fire the night before.

The only problem: A plan developed earlier in the day to expand the security perimeter around the White House had not been carried out. When Attorney General William P. Barr strode out of the White House gates for a personal inspection early Monday evening, he discovered that protesters were still on the northern edge of the square. For the president to make it to St. John’s Church, they would have to be cleared out. Mr. Barr gave the order to disperse them.

What ensued was a burst of violence unlike any seen in the shadow of the White House in generations. As he prepared for his surprise march to the church, Mr. Trump first went before cameras in the Rose Garden to declare himself “your president of law and order” but also “an ally of all peaceful protesters,” even as peaceful protesters just a block away and clergy members on the church patio were routed by smoke and flash grenades and some form of chemical spray deployed by shield-bearing riot officers and mounted police.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/us/p ... quare.html

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

snippets from above lenghty article
NYT wrote:holding up a Bible that his daughter pulled out of her $1,540 MaxMara bag.
State support withdrawn:
NYT wrote:Arlington County in suburban Virginia withdrew its police from those assembled to guard the White House and other federal sites after the Lafayette Square clash. Even beforehand, Democratic governors in Virginia, New York and Delaware refused to send National Guard troops requested by the Trump administration.
Likely collateral damage in the way of a toddlers outing:
NYT wrote:The spectacle staged by the White House also left military leaders struggling to explain themselves in response to criticism from retired officers that they had allowed themselves to be used as political props. Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper and Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, put out word through military officials that they did not know in advance about the dispersal of the protesters or about the president’s planned photo op, insisting that they thought they were accompanying him to review the troops.
History:
NYT wrote:Among the ideas put on the table was invoking the Insurrection Act, a two-century-old law that would enable the president to send in active-duty military to quell disturbances over the objections of governors. The act has long been controversial. President George Bush invoked it in 1992 to respond to the Rodney King riots only at the request of California. But in the civil rights era, presidents sent in troops to enforce desegregation over the resistance of racist governors.
Deranged baby at the helm:
NT wrote:The president rhapsodized about the crackdown in Minneapolis once the National Guard moved in. “It’s a beautiful thing to watch,” he said. “It just can’t be any better. There’s no experiment needed. You don’t have to do tests.”

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

The notion that Miley and Esper did not know what was going to happen strains credulity past the breaking point. They are both either massive liars or utterly asleep at the switch. My money is on "massive liars."
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

SLQ wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 am
I was able to clip the spine of the bible OSG was holding ... It appears to be the Revised Standard Version (RSV). So, not terribly interesting, as that is fairly common.
Admittedly, I left the Episcopalian church in 1971, at the ripe old age of 18.

But up to that point, I am pretty sure I never saw Episcopalians using anything but the KJV. :confused:
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Esper and Milley didn't know about the photo op, they thought they were going to "review the troops"?

Review the troops?

And this makes it better?

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

tek

Post by tek »

stooges.jpg
There's no way back
from there to here

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

fierceredpanda wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:14 am
The notion that Miley and Esper did not know what was going to happen strains credulity past the breaking point. They are both either massive liars or utterly asleep at the switch. My money is on "massive liars."
I don't know. Sheer incompetence has also been a hallmark of many associated with Individual-1.

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped »

photo opJPG.JPG
From the end of the Parker Butler video.
If Trump was a stopped clock he still wouldn't be right twice a day.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

p0rtia wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:42 am
Esper and Milley didn't know about the photo op, they thought they were going to "review the troops"?

Review the troops?

Right, which is why Milley was dressed up like he was in Fallujah.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

TexasFilly wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:52 am
p0rtia wrote:

Review the troops?

I didn’t see that. Link?

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

FB_IMG_1591193061429.jpg
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:54 am
TexasFilly wrote:
p0rtia wrote:

Review the troops?

I didn’t see that. Link?
Umm, it's been all over the news for a few days. Here's a link to a CNBC article where you can see a photo where he's dressed in camo (the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs always goes to the White House in full dress uniform): https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/02/defense ... to-op.html
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Nicole Wallace made this point yesterday. ALWAYS in dress uniform in White House.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

TexasFilly wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:16 am
pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:54 am
TexasFilly wrote:

I didn’t see that. Link?
Umm, it's been all over the news for a few days. Here's a link to a CNBC article where you can see a photo where he's dressed in camo (the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs always goes to the White House in full dress uniform): https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/02/defense ... to-op.html
Thanks. My focus is very fragmented between work, local looting, and a theft I discovered Saturday that’s shaken me so I miss a lot.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/statu ... 52097?s=19
Steven Portnoy (@stevenportnoy)
Trump says he went down into the bunker only "for inspection."

"It was during the day," he insists, not during nighttime protests.
I'M A BRAVE BOY! I AM!

Return to “Trump Administration”