Lame Duck Impeached President Trump

Atticus Finch

Re: President* Trump - *Impeached

Post by Atticus Finch »

tek wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:43 am
RTH10260 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:22 pm
The Fox town hall at the Lincoln Memorial would “allow the President and the Nation to use Lincoln’s powerful presence and the solemnity of the Memorial to reflect on and draw from our Nation’s better angels, and to remind all of us that we can knit our often-divided Nation together in a time of trial,” Bernhardt said in the order, news of which was first reported Monday by the New York Times.
Which, of course, did not happen.. to nobody's surprise..
Next Faux News virtual town hall meeting: on top of the Washington Monument; in the works, top of Jefferson's head at Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Right now, Trump is departing for Arizona. He will be touring a Honeywell plant manufacturing masks.

Will he wear one himself?? (it might smudge his makeup)
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Atticus Finch wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:56 am
RTH10260 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:22 pm
Next Faux News virtual town hall meeting: on top of the Washington Monument; in the works, top of Jefferson's head at Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
Actually, I think he's going there for Independence Day, so stay tuned. :dance:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/us-cor ... index.html
President Trump touted his press briefing ratings in an interview with the New York Post, and said they would be back.

Trump said the briefings were must-see TV. And he told the Post he credits his frequent clashes with reporters for making engaging content.

The President also said some briefings will be handled by his new White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, perhaps once or twice a week.
Must-see TV? :rotflmao: :sick: :doh:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

I didn't realize "engaging content" was necessary for press briefings about hundreds of thousands of dead people.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Atticus Finch wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:50 am
RTH10260 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:39 pm
Before pandemic, Trump’s stockpile chief put focus on biodefense. An old client benefited.
:snippity:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html
Vlad the Impaler jumps to my nasty mind :twisted:

NADT
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:18 am Must-see TV? :rotflmao: :sick: :doh:
Yeah, I have seen it. It ruined my morning. It's typical Trumpian wishful thinking and lies about how many lives he has saved. The ad put out by the Conservative Republicans is much more to the point. Trump called those sponsors a bunch of losers, so what they said must be true.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:30 am I didn't realize "engaging content" was necessary for press briefings about hundreds of thousands of dead people.
You know the news adage: "If it bleeds, it leads"; in this case, the more dead, the higher the ratings.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Trump says Washington, DC, will never be a state — because of all the Democrats

https://nypost.com/2020/05/05/trump-say ... ssion=true
WASHINGTON — President Trump says Washington, DC, won’t ever be a state because Republicans aren’t “stupid” enough to add guaranteed Democratic seats in Congress.

“DC will never be a state,” Trump told The Post on Monday during an exclusive interview in the Oval Office. “You mean District of Columbia, a state? Why? So we can have two more Democratic — Democrat senators and five more congressmen? No thank you. That’ll never happen.”

The capital city is home to roughly 700,000 people — more people than Vermont and Wyoming, and nearly as many as Alaska.

DC license plates carry the slogan “Taxation Without Representation” in protest of the lack of seats in Congress. Residents have a non-voting delegate in the House and no senators. If it were a state, DC would have one House member and two senators.
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

This is a good ad (but not as good as the current Lincoln Project ad which sent Trump into a tailspin):

No matter when they cut the ad by the time they release it, the numbers are stale. Over 70,000 Americans have died from COVID in Donald Trump's America.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Just wondering, did anyone already launch a billboard with coronavirus numbers that update at intervals?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kushner coronavirus effort said to be hampered by inexperienced volunteers

Yasmeen Abutaleb and Ashley Parker
May 5, 2020 at 9:49 p.m. GMT+2

The coronavirus response being spearheaded by President Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has relied in part on volunteers from consulting and private equity firms with little expertise in the tasks they were assigned, exacerbating chronic problems in obtaining supplies for hospitals and other needs, according to numerous government officials and a volunteer involved in the effort.

About two dozen employees from Boston Consulting Group, Insight, McKinsey and other firms have volunteered their time — some on paid vacation leave from their jobs and others without pay — to aid the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, according to administration officials and others familiar with the arrangement.

Although some of the volunteers have relevant backgrounds and experience, many others were poorly matched with their assigned jobs, including those given the task of securing personal protective equipment (PPE) for hospitals nationwide, according to a complaint filed last month with the House Oversight Committee.

The volunteer team played a significant role in helping the government vet leads and send the results to a procurement team at the Federal Emergency Management Agency, where government officials made final decisions about purchases and procurements, two senior administration officials said. The team’s problems underscore a broader pattern of missteps and missed opportunities that has plagued the Trump administration as it struggles to cope with the pandemic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

President erupts at George Conway for ‘Mourning in America’ video, about the ‘deadly virus Trump ignored’

Fred Barbash
May 5, 2020 at 11:50 a.m. GMT+2

George T. Conway III, prominent attorney and husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, has been trying with only modest success to provoke President Trump’s Twitter wrath for the better part of his presidency. He finally succeeded close to 1 a.m. Tuesday.

What set Trump off was a video, sponsored by the Lincoln Project, the anti-Trump super PAC that Conway co-founded with other Republicans and former ones. The video, released Monday, lays responsibility squarely at Trump’s doorstep for the severity of the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, including the deaths and economic damage.

Tens of thousands nationwide have died of the “deadly virus Trump ignored,” says the video, called “Mourning in America,” inspired by President Ronald Reagan’s famous “Morning in America” 1984 campaign ad.

Considered a classic of the genre, the Reagan reelection ad showed happy, prosperous Americans, smiling, going to work and getting married. It ended with the words: “It’s morning again in America, and under the leadership of President Reagan, our country is prouder and stronger and better. Why would we ever want to return to where we were less than four short years ago?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ronavirus/
Princess foofypants

Post by Princess foofypants »

On the “worse optics ever” front, Trump toured a Honeywell plant making masks, sans mask while “Live and Let Die” blared over the loudspeaker.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Princess foofypants wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:28 pm On the “worse optics ever” front, Trump toured a Honeywell plant making masks, sans mask while “Live and Let Die” blared over the loudspeaker.
:shock:

He's no James Bond, for sure.
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:06 am
Atticus Finch wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:56 am

Actually, I think he's going there for Independence Day, so stay tuned. :dance:
Yes he said there’s no risk from the fireworks because it’s all made of stone.

July 4: Nobody knew Mt. Rushmore was in the middle of a forest!
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

SLQ wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:40 pm
Yes he said there’s no risk from the fireworks because it’s all made of stone.

July 4: Nobody knew Mt. Rushmore was in the middle of a forest!
July 5: Why didn't they rake? I told them they need to rake!
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

For posterity:
Dismissing concerns that the fireworks posed an environmental threat, Trump said, "what can burn? It's stone," adding that "nobody knew why, they just said environmental reasons."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/politics ... index.html
-- Yoda
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

For posterity:
Dismissing concerns that the fireworks posed an environmental threat, Trump said, "what can burn? It's stone," adding that "nobody knew why, they just said environmental reasons."
Facts First: Trump is wrong to suggest there hasn't been a large fireworks display at Mount Rushmore before. There were July 4 fireworks at Mt. Rushmore for several years, but they were discontinued in 2009 over environmental concerns including increased risk of fires. Also, the decision to resume fireworks at the South Dakota landmark was not approved "in 15 minutes," as the National Park Service is still evaluating the proposal.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/politics ... index.html
-- Yoda
GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:12 pm Just wondering, did anyone already launch a billboard with coronavirus numbers that update at intervals?
It would look like Ed Hale’s website hit counter.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

This is the best article I've read all year:
Was Donald Trump Good at Baseball?
The president has long claimed he could have gone pro. We looked into it.

By LEANDER SCHAERLAECKENS
MAY 05, 2020 1:01 PM

In President Donald Trump’s memory, he was a high school baseball star.

“I was supposed to be a pro baseball player,” Donald Trump wrote in 2004. “At the New York Military Academy, I was captain of the baseball team. I worked hard like everyone else, but I had good talent.”

That passage was written by Trump for a book called The Games Do Count: America’s Best and Brightest on the Power of Sports, compiled by Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade. It’s the earliest instance I could find of the president claiming to have been a standout player.

“I will never forget […] the first time I saw my name in the newspaper,” he continued. “It was when I got the winning home run in a game between our academy and Cornwall High School. It was in 1964 and it was in a little local paper. It simply said, TRUMP HOMERS TO WIN THE GAME. I just loved it and I will never forget it. It was better than actually hitting the home run.”

Trump, who played first base, wrote that “being a pro was in the equation” until he attended a tryout with “another young kid named Willie McCovey.” Apparently, the sight of the future Hall of Famer in action convinced him to give up baseball for good.

In a 2010 interview with MTV, Trump said, again, “I was supposed to be a professional baseball player,” this time adding a flourish: “Fortunately, I decided to go into real estate instead.” Three years later, Trump inflated his claim on Twitter, pegging himself not just as a pro prospect but the best player in the state.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I played football and baseball, sorry, but said to be the best bball player in N.Y. State-ask coach Ted Dobias-said best he ever coached.

7:51 AM - Apr 3, 2013
Twitter Ads info and privacy

3,845 people are talking about this

After years of watching Trump lie about sports, among other things, I wanted to know how much of the baseball part of his life story was true.
Read the rest: https://slate.com/culture/2020/05/donal ... -nyma.html

It's just hilarious and a great read. I am certain Trump thought he'd gotten away with this particular bullshit given all of the other lies he's told.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

The "Mourning in America" video ran on foxnews during Tucker Carlson's show. Some of these Lincoln Project ads coming up, including one against Moscow Mitch, they are gonna be strategically placed to ensure they are viewed by registered GOP in particular states. But they are close to a number of GOP strategists, including Trump 2020 people. The Trump 2020 plan for the summer was going to be a reboot of the Reagan campaign "Morning in America" theme and this ad just took a big shit all over those plans because there is no way they can seriously run that campaign now.
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

TexasFilly wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:55 am This is the best article I've read all year:
Was Donald Trump Good at Baseball?
The president has long claimed he could have gone pro. We looked into it.

By LEANDER SCHAERLAECKENS
MAY 05, 2020 1:01 PM

Read the rest: https://slate.com/culture/2020/05/donal ... -nyma.html

It's just hilarious and a great read. I am certain Trump thought he'd gotten away with this particular bullshit given all of the other lies he's told.
:rotflmao: OMG I can’t breathe :rotflmao:
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

neonzx wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:31 pm
Princess foofypants wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:28 pm On the “worse optics ever” front, Trump toured a Honeywell plant making masks, sans mask while “Live and Let Die” blared over the loudspeaker.
:shock:
I saw a tweet about that yesterday so did a search and watched a longer video from his visit. I can't find it right now, but the clip started while House of the Rising Sun was blaring in the background. I found it hilarious because the lyrics, when the clip began, were:
Oh mother tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun
I thought telling "children not to do what I have done" while Trump was being shown was so perfect. Then Live and Let Die was played. That was followed by Elton John's Tiny Dancer, which just made me think of Trump's tiny hands.

Maybe this was all innocent. And maybe, just maybe, a Honeywell employee was throwing shade.
Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Turtle wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:08 am The "Mourning in America" video ran on foxnews during Tucker Carlson's show. Some of these Lincoln Project ads coming up, including one against Moscow Mitch, they are gonna be strategically placed to ensure they are viewed by registered GOP in particular states. But they are close to a number of GOP strategists, including Trump 2020 people. The Trump 2020 plan for the summer was going to be a reboot of the Reagan campaign "Morning in America" theme and this ad just took a big shit all over those plans because there is no way they can seriously run that campaign now.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Return to “Trump Administration”