Re: President* Trump - *Impeached

Post by TexasFilly »

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

This Is Trump’s Fault
The president is failing, and Americans are paying for his failures.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... es/609532/
Trump now fancies himself a “wartime president.” How is his war going? By the end of March, the coronavirus had killed more Americans than the 9/11 attacks. By the first weekend in April, the virus had killed more Americans than any single battle of the Civil War. By Easter, it may have killed more Americans than the Korean War. On the present trajectory, it will kill, by late April, more Americans than Vietnam. Having earlier promised that casualties could be held near zero, Trump now claims he will have done a “very good job” if the toll is held below 200,000 dead.

:snippity:

That the pandemic occurred is not Trump’s fault. The utter unpreparedness of the United States for a pandemic is Trump’s fault. The loss of stockpiled respirators to breakage because the federal government let maintenance contracts lapse in 2018 is Trump’s fault. The failure to store sufficient protective medical gear in the national arsenal is Trump’s fault. That states are bidding against other states for equipment, paying many multiples of the precrisis price for ventilators, is Trump’s fault. Air travelers summoned home and forced to stand for hours in dense airport crowds alongside infected people? That was Trump’s fault too. Ten weeks of insisting that the coronavirus is a harmless flu that would miraculously go away on its own? Trump’s fault again. The refusal of red-state governors to act promptly, the failure to close Florida and Gulf Coast beaches until late March? That fault is more widely shared, but again, responsibility rests with Trump: He could have stopped it, and he did not.

The lying about the coronavirus by hosts on Fox News and conservative talk radio is Trump’s fault: They did it to protect him. The false hope of instant cures and nonexistent vaccines is Trump’s fault, because he told those lies to cover up his failure to act in time. The severity of the economic crisis is Trump’s fault; things would have been less bad if he had acted faster instead of sending out his chief economic adviser and his son Eric to assure Americans that the first stock-market dips were buying opportunities. The firing of a Navy captain for speaking truthfully about the virus’s threat to his crew? Trump’s fault. The fact that so many key government jobs were either empty or filled by mediocrities? Trump’s fault. The insertion of Trump’s arrogant and incompetent son-in-law as commander in chief of the national medical supply chain? Trump’s fault.

For three years, Trump has blathered and bluffed and bullied his way through an office for which he is utterly inadequate. But sooner or later, every president must face a supreme test, a test that cannot be evaded by blather and bluff and bullying. That test has overwhelmed Trump.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

TexasFilly wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:41 pm
Yeah, but is anyone gonna confront him with that? :smokeears:
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Trump thinks mail ballots are corrupt.

Trump votes by mail.

:think: I don't see any inconsistency there. Quite the opposite!

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Ok, time for some maths.

1,870,000 x 1,000,000 = 1,870,000,000,000

Almost 2 Trillion, enough for every person on the planet to get tested multiple times.

Or, test every person in the US 5,667 times.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

To be fair, that’s also his net worth. In his own brain pan.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Translation: Republicans can be trusted to vote by mail. Those evil libruls cannot be trusted. :twisted: :twisted:
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

SLQ wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:11 pm
Translation: Republicans can be trusted to vote by mail. Those evil libruls cannot be trusted. :twisted: :twisted:
In a nutshell :clap:
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump threatens to deny US funding to World Health Organization
United Nations rejects US president's critique saying WHO is 'showing the strength' of the international health system.

US President Donald Trump has threatened to freeze American funding to the World Health Organization (WHO), saying the international group had "missed the call" on the coronavirus pandemic, which has so far left more than 82,000 dead around the world.

Trump said on Tuesday that the international group had "called it wrong" on the virus and that the organisation was "very China-centric" in its approach, suggesting that the WHO had gone along with Beijing's efforts months ago to minimise the severity of the outbreak.

Trump first declared that he would cut off funding from the United States for the organisation, before backtracking and saying he would "strongly consider" such a move.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/ ... 19572.html

Lani

Post by Lani »

I probably shouldn't have read Walter Shaub's 22 tweets tonight.

Moar from his rant:

Walter @waltshaub
Then, there was the open presidential profiteering and clues that hard-to-prove conflicts of interest were significantly influencing policy. But Republicans in Congress ensured that no one could dig too deeply into those, and they enabled it by refusing to conduct oversight. /2

Walter Shaub @waltshaub
A sign of things to come, the Supreme Court ramped up the voter suppression by sending Wisconsin voters into a war zone in our species' fight against an ancient enemy, disease. A global pandemic has ground America to a halt, complicating the upcoming presidential election.

Replying to @waltshaub
All is not lost. The American people are fired up. But it'll be hard and the outcome's uncertain. That's why I want you to understand how big a deal it is that Trump is going after Inspectors General. This is a late-stage move in an authoritarian coup against the rule of law. /22

Walter Shaub @waltshaub
Trump's Attorney General has even opened a special channel for Trump's private attorney to funnel information from abroad to the Justice Department. Fascism is having a hell of a day in America, and things will get much worse before November. /21

Walter Shaub @waltshaub
It's down to the people. There is a chance in November to reclaim this land for democracy and reject fascism. But the obstacles are tremendous. Trump has the advantage of incumbency, decades of Republican voter suppression, and a third branch that increasingly seems political./18

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Officials reportedly warned not to contradict Trump on untested meds

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... PE0r2fCVE0
And yet, as recently as the weekend, Trump took the extraordinary step of publicly encouraging Americans to take hydroxychloroquine, even if the scientific research doesn't support such a recommendation, at least not yet. Making matters worse, that's not the only guidance that's causing trouble.

Politico had a report two weeks ago, noting that some health officials are "being pulled away from other potential projects to address the president's hunch." It published a related report last night, pointing in an even more unsettling direction.

"The nation's top infectious-disease expert, Anthony Fauci, has repeatedly warned in public and private that no definitive evidence exists about the drug. Behind the scenes, career health officials have raised even stronger warnings about the risk to some Americans' heart health and other complications, but been warned not to publicly speak out and potentially contradict Trump, said two officials."

That's not how this is supposed to work. It's a problem when health officials are told to tackle research they consider unworthy of their time; it's a bigger problem when health officials are told not to contradict the president's assumptions.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

This is news? Isn't the "news" that 45's unbroken history of repressing any truth or fact that contradicts his lies is going strong, even in a pandemic?

The lack of context and history in the media is tragic and part of the problem, IMO.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Chris Hayes
@chrislhayes
·
1h
This is an incredible admission of guilt and failure.
Quote Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· 4h
Once we OPEN UP OUR GREAT COUNTRY, and it will be sooner rather than later, the horror of the Invisible Enemy, except for those that sadly lost a family member or friend, must be quickly forgotten. Our Economy will BOOM, perhaps like never before!!!
Chris Hayes
@chrislhayes
·
21m
Also the grudging parenthetical that ok, fine, if you personally lost someone you can remember this but NO ONE ELSE!

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

This is his play? He's going to push push push the country to move on and forget about it ¿?

:smokeears:

I. Don't. Think. So.
Volkonski wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:39 pm
Chris Hayes
@chrislhayes
·
1h
Quote Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· 4h
Once we OPEN UP OUR GREAT COUNTRY, and it will be sooner rather than later, the horror of the Invisible Enemy, except for those that sadly lost a family member or friend, must be quickly forgotten. Our Economy will BOOM, perhaps like never before!!!
Chris Hayes
@chrislhayes
·
21m
Also the grudging parenthetical that ok, fine, if you personally lost someone you can remember this but NO ONE ELSE!
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

At some point soon, all of us will know someone who died, has a lifelong heath issue related to COVID-19, or who has had other catastrophic impacts like mental health issues or economic impacts. He can’t bluster a way out of this one.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:43 pm
At some point soon, all of us will know someone who died, has a lifelong heath issue related to COVID-19, or who has had other catastrophic impacts like mental health issues or economic impacts. He can’t bluster a way out of this one.
You touch on something not really being addressed: the impact on the survivors. A few months ago I read a horrific story about a young man who survived Ebola. The mental health effects had him seriously considering suicide.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

TexasFilly wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:49 pm
pipistrelle wrote:
You touch on something not really being addressed: the impact on the survivors. A few months ago I read a horrific story about a young man who survived Ebola. The mental health effects had him seriously considering suicide.
Yep. Mental health, lung, and/or cardiac and possible other organ damage.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

In addition to the horrendous health consequences we will have an enormous number of business failures, bankruptcies and pauperizations.

Of course Kushner and the Loefflers won't notice that a bit. I'm hoping Trump's various interests all go bankrupt. That would be the least that should happen to him.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Sekrit Stuffs!
Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump

White House news conference at 5:30 P.M. Eastern. Thank you!

Jeff Tiedrich@itsJeffTiedrich
mister president sir my favorite part is when you melt straight down and throw a tantrum whenever a reporter reads your own words back to you. my second favorite is Dr Fauci's barely-restrained expression of horror as you ignorantly prattle on about medicine and biology
What are we getting today?

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:51 pm
TexasFilly wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:49 pm
pipistrelle wrote:

Yep. Mental health, lung, and/or cardiac and possible other organ damage.
I can't remember where I saw it, but I think long-term ventilation is also not good.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote:
Chris Hayes@chrislhayes

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

Chris Hayes @chrislhayes

:twisted: quick quick forget it cause it will hurt my re-election :twisted:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote:
Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

Once we OPEN UP OUR GREAT COUNTRY, and it will be sooner rather than later,
When will individual-1 think it is ok to open the country? After all other nations have their coronavirus outbreak under control? Now that is really long way down the timeline, speak another five years. And then the rest of the world will not just have jumpstarted their ecomonies back to prior standards, no, they will not be purchasing US products like wild. :brickwallsmall:

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Sekrit Stuffs!
Meridith McGraw✔@meridithmcgraw
· 11m
WSJ ed board nails it on the head: “The President’s outbursts against his political critics are also notably off key at this moment. This isn’t impeachment, and Covid-19 isn’t shifty Schiff. It’s a once-a-century threat to American life and livelihood.” https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-was ... 1586389028

Trump’s Wasted Briefings
Opinion | Trump’s Wasted Briefings
The sessions have become a boring show of President vs. the press.

“Every reporter knows the way to get a TV moment, and get a pat on the back from newsroom pals, is to bait Mr. Trump with a question about his previous statements or about criticism that someone has leveled against him. Mr. Trump always takes the bait.”

Return to “Trump Administration”