President* Trump - *Impeached

RoadScholar

Re: President* Trump - *Impeached

Post by RoadScholar »

Typhoid Mar-y-Largo
Ya, dat's a good one. :-D
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

LIVE:
Here is our fearless leaders:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/cT53ajFvTmpscFBwU ... edy0o6ZoV1

They put tiny little microphones so he wouldn't touch them. :lol:
Screenshot_20200316-152201-116.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We are told by LE: If you see something, say something. -- I agree.
If you see something, video record it, uploaded it, and say something!

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Limit gatherings to under 10 people.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

IMPOTUS: "Someday soon hopefully it will end." "We look forward to someday this ending". Pathetic.

Now he's saying "July or August". Market is dropping again -- will he be signing the stock chart today?

-2648 at 3:35pm EDT.
What you've heard about Mighty Spork is true. Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" Fri 9/8c. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

All standing in that semi-circle, less than 6' from everyone else, sharing germs. Such a shining example of leadership!
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

By now those black box trading algos are probably triggered to sell every time they hear his voice.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Daniel Dale
@ddale8
·
37m
Trump, reading, says it's important for young and healthy people to understand they can put countless others in harm's way even if they have mild symptoms. (Speaking off the cuff, he said yesterday that young and healthy people "are not strongly affected," giving no caution.)

Trump advises people to avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people, discretionary travel, eating at bars, restaurants and food courts. "If everyone makes...these critical changes and sacrifices now, we will rally together as one nation and we will defeat the virus."

Trump adds that if we make sacrifices now and rally together to defeat the virus, "We're going to have a big celebration all together."

Fauci: When you're dealing with an outbreak, "it will always seem that the best way to address it" is "doing something that looks like it might be an overreaction. It isn't an overreaction."

Trump acknowledges people are "very scared" but he says they also see that the administration is doing a very good job. "All you can do is professional, totally competent."

Trump on how long this will be the new normal for: "They think August, it could be July, could be longer than that."

Asked about concerns about how long this all might last, Trump says, "It seems to me that if we do a really good job we'll not only hold the death down to a level that is much lower than the other way..." He adds, "People are talking about July, August, something like that."

Trump says he's actually spoken with his son (didn't say which one) about this, who has asked him "how bad is this," and he has responded, "It's bad. It's bad."

Very much a change in tone and substance from Trump so far today.

Trump says he is not "at this point" looking at a nationwide lockdown, but "we may look at certain areas, certain hotspots as they call them."

Trump says he did his coronavirus test late on Friday night. He says he doesn't know the exact timing of the public letter from the White House doctor saying he didn't need a test at this point.

Asked why he told governors today to try to get respirators etc. on their own, Trump says that they may be able to get them faster on their own because they make regular purchases at the state level and might have existing suppliers.

Asked about the House bill exempting employers with 500+ employees from the paid sick leave requirement, Trump says, "We're looking at that. And we may be expanding that...we want fairness. We want it for everybody."

@kaitlancollins
asks Trump if he'd like to revisit his claim about this being under "tremendous control."

Trump: I meant "we are doing a very good job within the confines of what we're dealing with." Of the virus: "No, that's not under control for any place in the world."

In January, February and again in March, Trump has repeatedly claimed the virus itself was under control in the US. Again, this is a big pivot today.

Asked about the possibility of domestic travel restrictions, Trump says "we hope we won't have to do that" but are talking about it every day.

rump: "We have a problem that a month ago nobody ever thought about."

False. Both with regard to pandemics generally, coronavirus pandemics in particular, and this specific coronavirus.

And the US had its first confirmed case in January.

Trump: "This is a bad one. This is a very bad one. This is bad in the sense that it's so contagious. It's just so contagious. Sort of record-setting type contagion."

Trump: "I think a lot of the media actually has been very fair" on the coronavirus.

Trump, asked about the idea of the Fed going to negative rates, doesn't do his habitual Fed-bashing: "The best thing I can do for the stock market is we have to get through this crisis...that's what I think about."

Trump: "We have a problem that a month ago nobody ever thought about."

False. Both with regard to pandemics generally, coronavirus pandemics in particular, and this specific coronavirus.

And the US had its first confirmed case in January. https://cnn.com/2020/03/15/politics/fac ... index.html

This is a very false claim, but Trump has otherwise, so far, been way more factual today than he usually is about the pandemic (or basically anything).

Asked what it was like to take the test, Trump says, "Not, not uh - something I want to do everyday...you know, it's a little bit of a -- it's a little bit of -- good doctors in the White House, but it's a test. It's a test. It's a medical test. Nothing pleasant about it."

Trump: "I've been very strongly tested."

Asked how he'd rate his response on a scale from 1 to 10, Trump says, "I'd rate it a 10." He again touts his travel restrictions on China.

Asked if the buck stops with him, Trump says, "Yeah, normally, but I think when you hear the -- you know, this has never been done before in this country."

Asked if states should postpone elections tomorrow, Trump says he'd leave that to the states, that's a very tough call, and that "goes to the heart of what we're all about," so postponing is "not a very good thing," and then that it's "unnecessary."

Asked how close he is to shutting down the Canadian border, Trump says, "We think about it...if we don't have to do it, that'll be good." He adds, "We'll see. Right now we have not decided to do that."

After some musing about this subject without taking a position, Trump said there's a lot of room in a lot of polling places, so postponing tomorrow's votes is not necessary.

Trump asked about the market plummeting today: "The market will take care of itself. The market will be very strong as soon as we take care of the virus."

Trump says he has not heard Devin Nunes and the governor of Oklahoma encouraging people to go out to restaurants and such. Asked if they should stop saying that, he says he'd need to hear what they said. But he concedes it's better if people don't do that.

Trump also claimed "Oklahoma doesn't have a tremendous problem." In short, he was reluctant to criticize Republicans giving people advice that is contrary to his own guidelines.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Someone finally hit him with a 2 by 4.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

So, I just got home a few minutes ago with my monitors and other work equipment. All set up.

Most of my coworkers are Democrats. There is one exception, and she is the only one acting like it's ridiculous for us to be sent to work from home indefinitely - for probably "weeks as opposed to months" is what the company specified, but for us to be flexible. We were going to start work from home Friday, but we had a software release today and worked from home until after it was released and verified by QA to be working as expected.

But yeah, you can tell who the Trump Humpers are because they are doing the eye rolling etc. I guess they haven't heard about the pivot yet. :lol:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

bob

Post by bob »

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Asked what it was like to take the test, Trump says, "Not, not uh - something I want to do everyday...you know, it's a little bit of a -- it's a little bit of -- good doctors in the White House, but it's a test. It's a test. It's a medical test. Nothing pleasant about it."

Nope, I’m betting he hasn’t been tested. He’d mention the stick shoved up your nose so far you see stars.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Whatever4 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:35 pm

Nope, I’m betting he hasn’t been tested. He’d mention the stick shoved up your nose so far you see stars.
Apparently there's also a throat swab. You get to pick one if more than one is available.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Turtle wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:00 pm
By now those black box trading algos are probably triggered to sell every time they hear his voice.
If nothing else we need to turn off those black boxes for 3 days every time they hit the stop trading triggers. They turn in to self arming bombs.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Whatever4 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:35 pm

He mentioned yesterday how uncomfortable it was to take the test.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

This is what changed Trump's tune yesterday.

White House Takes New Line After Dire Report on Death Toll
Federal guidelines warned against gatherings of more than 10 people as a London report predicted high fatalities in the U.S. without drastic action.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/c ... house.html
Sweeping new federal recommendations announced on Monday for Americans to sharply limit their activities appeared to draw on a dire scientific report warning that, without action by the government and individuals to slow the spread of coronavirus and suppress new cases, 2.2 million people in the United States could die.

To curb the epidemic, there would need to be drastic restrictions on work, school and social gatherings for periods of time until a vaccine was available, which could take 18 months, according to the report, compiled by British researchers. They cautioned that such steps carried enormous costs that could also affect people’s health, but concluded they were “the only viable strategy at the current time.”

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

“There’s No Boogeyman He Can Attack”: Angry at Kushner, Trump Awakens to the COVID-19 Danger

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03 ... -19-danger
Last Thursday, as the stock market was on the way to losing nearly 2,400 points—its biggest single-day plunge since the 1987 Black Monday crash—Donald Trump was worrying about the fate of the football season. NFL players aren’t scheduled to report to training camp for months, but according to a source, Trump feared that the league might preemptively announce it was following the NBA and NHL and suspend or delay operations due to the coronavirus. So Trump called NFL owners to see if any action was on the horizon. “Trump begged them not to cancel the season,” a source briefed on the call said.

Trump’s concern for the NFL’s well-being was a stark reversal given that he spent the first two years of his presidency attacking the league and its kneeling players. It reflected Trump’s magical thinking that he could manage the coronavirus pandemic by convincing people life would remain normal and sports would be played. (Last week, Trump also spoke with Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White and advised him not to cancel UFC events.) “Trump thinks this is a media problem,” a Republican close to the White House told me. Treating COVID-19 as a public-relations crisis put Trump at odds with the medical community, including the White House’s chief coronavirus adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci. During an interview on Meet the Press this weekend, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases urged the United States to move toward a national lockdown similar to the actions taken by Italy and Spain. “I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting,” Fauci said.

With the markets in free fall despite emergency action by the Fed over the weekend, Trump is waking up to the reality that’s been clear to everyone: Coronavirus poses a once-in-a-hundred-years threat to the country. “In the last 48 hours he has understood the magnitude of what’s going on,” a former West Wing official told me. As Trump processes the stakes facing the country—and his presidency—he’s also lashing out at advisers, whom he blames for the White House’s inept and flat-footed response. Sources say a principal target of his anger is Jared Kushner. “I have never heard so many people inside the White House openly discuss how pissed Trump is at Jared,” the former West Wing official said.

Sources told me Trump is regretting that Kushner swooped into the coronavirus response last week. Kushner, according to sources, encouraged Trump to treat the emergency as a P.R. problem when Fauci and others were calling for aggressive action. “This was Jared saying the world needs me to solve another problem,” a former White House official said. One source briefed on the internal conversations told me that Kushner advised Trump not to call a national emergency during his Oval Office address on March 11 because “it would tank the markets.” The markets cratered anyway, and Trump announced the national emergency on Friday. “They had to clean that up on Friday,” another former West Wing official said. Trump was also said to be angry that Kushner oversold Google’s coronavirus testing website when in fact the tech giant had a fledgling effort. Trump got slammed in the press for promoting the phantom Google product. “Jared told Trump that Google was doing an entire website that would be up in 72 hours and had 1,100 people working on it 24/7. That’s just a lie,” the source briefed on the internal conversations told me.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So, Trump is finally hitting Jared with the "blame someone else" stick. I don't believe a word of it.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

tek

Post by tek »

Well, if the choices are "blame Donald Trump" or "blame Jared Kushner" ...

Though I'm sure Jared is busy pointing fingers himself.

The party of personal responsibility, uh huh..
There's no way back
from there to here

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving little prick.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Yamiche Alcindor✔@Yamiche
The president is back today calling the coronavirus the "Chinese Virus." …
Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump
Cuomo wants “all states to be treated the same.” But all states aren’t the same. Some are being hit hard by the Chinese Virus, some are being hit practically not at all. New York is a very big “hotspot”, West Virginia has, thus far, zero cases. Andrew, keep politics out of it....

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Jared Kushner is so stupid that after he was born on third base he thought he hit a home run.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:18 am
Jared Kushner is so stupid that after he was born on third base he thought he hit a home run.
Exactly like his father-in-law.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

Trump needs to just stop doing press conferences. Everytime he speaks the market tanks.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

The US has become a country where millions of people fear that their president, deprived of golf, deprived of his ego-boosting rallies, deprived of his self-perceived crowning glory—the rise of the stock market indices—will impulsively and petulantly destroy the country via tweets. From day 1, I loathed Ronald Reagan. From Day 1 I despised Bush43. Real hatred, consuming hatred, though: I had no idea, until trump, what real hatred feels like.

From the Vanity Fair article:
Republicans fear a lockdown could compound the crisis if Trump is cooped up in the White House with :nothing to watch but the news. “What’s he going to do, watch reruns of the Masters from 2017? He’s just going to watch TV and tweet and it’s going to get worse,” the former official said.
https://www.vanityfair.com/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:53 am
“There’s No Boogeyman He Can Attack”: Angry at Kushner, Trump Awakens to the COVID-19 Danger

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03 ... -19-danger
Last Thursday, as the stock market was on the way to losing nearly 2,400 points—its biggest single-day plunge since the 1987 Black Monday crash—Donald Trump was worrying about the fate of the football season. NFL players aren’t scheduled to report to training camp for months, but according to a source, Trump feared that the league might preemptively announce it was following the NBA and NHL and suspend or delay operations due to the coronavirus. So Trump called NFL owners to see if any action was on the horizon. “Trump begged them not to cancel the season,” a source briefed on the call said.
:snippity:
:twisted: It will deprive him of a photo op while serving cold hambergers in an election year :lol:

Return to “Trump Administration”