President* Trump - *Impeached

Azastan

Re: President* Trump - *Impeached

Post by Azastan »

neonzx wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:33 pm :rotflmao:

https://nypost.com/2019/12/19/obama-gol ... impeached/

Obama golfed in Hawaii as Trump was being impeached
While President Trump was hunkered down in the White House monitoring impeachment proceedings Wednesday, his predecessor in the Oval Office was hitting the links in Hawaii.

Photos show Barack Obama — a native of Honolulu — on the course at the Mid-Pacific Country Club in Lanikai, O’ahu, playing a round of golf under sunny skies and temperatures in the 70s.

Meanwhile, back at the nation’s capital, where the mercury hovered in the 30s, the House of Representatives was embroiled in hours of heated debate before eventually voting to impeach Trump.

Sporting a bright fuchsia polo shirt, white shorts, shoes and ball cap, a beaming Obama was photographed driving from the tee, lining up a putt and riding in a golf cart with an unidentified companion.
Perhaps former President Obama did that deliberately, knowing that HE wasn't getting impeached, and that he doesn't need to cheat at golf.
Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

:twisted:
Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

George Conway has coined a new acronym for Trump.

IMPOTUS (IMpeached President Of The United States)

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1 ... 2770055174
George Conway
@gtconway3d
Okay, you want a hashtag, you got it.

#IMPOTUS

George Conway @gtconway3d

An update on IMPOTUS (IMpeached President Of The United States) https://twitter.com/clydehaberman/statu ... 8985158656
► Show Spoiler
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

:rimshot:
M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

#IMPEACHED
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Wow! I hope twitler gets to hear IMPOTUS.

:rotflmao:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Sterngard Friegen wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:42 pm Does President Obama have to pay triple greens fees when he golfs at a Trump property?
If IMPOTUS had his way, Barack would be carrying the bags.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

CBS News
@CBSNews
·
1h
White House considers arguing that Trump wasn't impeached https://cbsn.ws/35DJYT7
The White House is considering making the case that Mr. Trump has not been impeached based on an opinion piece by Harvard Law Professor Noah Feldman on Bloomberg's opinion page Thursday. Feldman was one of the legal experts called by Democrats to testify before the House Judiciary Committee earlier this month and has advocated for Mr. Trump's impeachment and removal from office.

"Impeachment as contemplated by the Constitution does not consist merely of the vote by the House, but of the process of sending the articles to the Senate for trial," Feldman wrote in Bloomberg. "Both parts are necessary to make an impeachment under the Constitution: The House must actually send the articles and send managers to the Senate to prosecute the impeachment. And the Senate must actually hold a trial."

"If the House does not communicate its impeachment to the Senate, it hasn't actually impeached the president. If the articles are not transmitted, Trump could legitimately say that he wasn't truly impeached at all," Feldman wrote.

However, Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe wrote on Twitter that he disagreed with Feldman's analysis, saying that "under Art. I, Sec. 2, Clause 5, he was impeached on Dec 18, 2019. He will forever remain impeached. Period." That portion of the Constitution says that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

► Show Spoiler
Bill Grueskin @BGrueskin
Good journalists always find the local angle https:// twitter.com/dailypenn/status/1207479982269841408 …
The Daily Pennsylvanian @dailypenn
Donald Trump, the only Penn graduate ever elected to the presidency, has been impeached.https://buff.ly/2Q4qQXI

03:07 - 19 Dec 2019
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

► Show Spoiler
Bill Grueskin
Or this, via @ClydeHaberman https://queenseagle.com/all/2019/12/19/ ... -impeached
Queens man impeached — Queens Daily Eagle
Donald Trump is the third president to be impeached in United States history — and the first from Queens.

queenseagle.com

03:52 - 20 Dec 2019
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

If it is in the congressional record, he is impeached.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

TexasFilly wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:26 pm https:// twitter.com/business/status/1207816918675185669
Bloomberg @business
President Donald Trump recently quizzed advisers and lawmakers about whether he should replace Pat Cipollone as White House counsel https://bloom.bg/2Q4m6Bt
Trump Has Mused About Ousting White House Counsel; No Move on Tap
President Donald Trump recently quizzed advisers and lawmakers about whether he should replace Pat Cipollone as White House counsel, according to two people familiar with the matter, though they...
bloomberg.com

01:16 - 20 Dec 2019
Any volounteers for the job? Where is Rudy when one needs him?
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

TexasFilly wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:26 pm
Is the current WH counsel not batshit crazy enough?
ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think the proper implict insult in Obama golfing then is - he didnt give a fuck that Trump was getting impeached, He went off enjoying himself rather than watch Fatso's humiliation.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

If #IMPOTUS wants to really get to the bottom of who’s responsible for the mess he’s in, he should look to fire the guy who tried to shake down the Ukrainian president.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

OMFSM! :roll:

Trump Administration Blocks Energy Efficiency Rule for Light Bulbs

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/20/clim ... &smtyp=cur
In announcing the move, the secretary of energy, Dan Brouillette, who is a former auto lobbyist, said the administration had chosen “to protect consumer choice by ensuring that the American people do not pay the price for unnecessary overregulation from the federal government.” The new rule was unnecessary, he said, because innovation and technology are already “increasing the efficiency and affordability of light bulbs without federal government intervention.”

The rule, which would have gone into effect on Jan. 1, was required under a law passed in 2007 during the administration of President George W. Bush.

Noah Horowitz, director of the Natural Resources Defense Council’s center for energy efficiency standards, assailed the move, saying the administration had “just thumbed its nose at Congress, America’s families and businesses, and the environment.”

The group has estimated that the administration’s action could cost American consumers an extra $14 billion on annual energy bills.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

#IMPOTUS was still tweeting like mad an hour ago (11:30pm ET). For once this is something he can't cheat or buy his way out of. And now everybody's left DC till 2020. Even Hannity took the night off. Ho ho ho Donald.

Donald 12-21.JPG

And this is what he's spending time and taxpayer dollars on:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avatar: Young Joe Biden! The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Jez

Post by Jez »

Orlylicious wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:42 am
And this is what he's spending time and taxpayer dollars on:

Umm... is it just me or does Trump and Melania's signatures look an awful lot alike?
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Jez wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:28 am Umm... is it just me or does Trump and Melania's signatures look an awful lot alike?
Not just you. Been mentioned several times all over the Twitter (about other things, not the card).

Nitpick: "Incoherent" and "scathing" can't describe the same thing, IMO.

Those are very ugly cards.
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:42 am
Jez wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:28 am Umm... is it just me or does Trump and Melania's signatures look an awful lot alike?
Not just you. Been mentioned several times all over the Twitter (about other things, not the card).

Nitpick: "Incoherent" and "scathing" can't describe the same thing, IMO.

Those are very ugly cards.
So it wasn't just me. I was confused because I thought for something to be scathing, it had to be coherent.
ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I have a brown stripy bath towel that looks exactly like that flag.

From my brief background in Graphic design, I can hazard a guess why it looks like that. Its got a total of 2 colours on the entirety of the card. The more colours you put on something, up to 3, the more it costs. so Donald was too cheap to shell out for more than 2 colours.

Thing is, they could have gone for Blue and Red and done a proper flag, rather than CrapBrown and Red. Someone is sending some kind of message with the Crapbrown Towel flag.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I think is supposed to be gold.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Chilidog wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:54 am I think is supposed to be gold.
Yes, which is brilliant for the red, white, and blue.

Tacky and tasteless.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My bet is that the flag is gold foil which does not photograph well.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Return to “Trump Administration”