President Trump

RTH10260

Re: President Trump

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Trump Signs Landmark Music Bill Into Law
“They were treated very unfairly,” Trump says of musicians who will benefit from Music Modernization Act

By AMY X. WANG

President Trump is due to sign the Music Modernization Act into law today, with Kanye West and Kid Rock also present for the ceremony.

President Trump signed the eagerly anticipated Music Modernization Act into law at a ceremony at the White House on Thursday, in the most high-profile event for the music industry in several years. Mike Love and Kid Rock, two of Trump’s most visible supporters in the music community, were at the White House for the signing alongside Sam Moore of Sam & Dave, country singer John Rich and the Doobie Brothers’ Jeff “Skunk” Baxter.

Intended to update music copyright law for the digital era, H.R. 1551 (formally the “Orrin G. Hatch-Bob Goodlatte Music Modernization Act”) accomplishes three key things: making sure songwriters and artists receive royalties on songs recorded before 1972; allocating royalties for music producers; and updating licensing and royalty rules for streaming services to pay rights-holders in a more streamlined fashion, via a new, independent entity. Under the act, many music creators will have a more reliable way of collecting the money that they’re due.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ct-736185/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Trump warns India after their purchase of Russian missile system
By Pascale Davies with Reuters• last updated: 11/10/2018

US President Donald Trump has warned India that it could face consequences over a deal with Russia to purchase its missile system, the S-400 Triumph air defence system, which will give India's military the ability to shoot down aircraft and missiles at unprecedented ranges.

Trump was asked by a reporter about the agreement between India and Russia at the White House on Wednesday.

"India is going to find out," the US President said. Asked when, he replied, "You will see. Sooner than you think."

India could be faced with US sanctions under the federal law CAATSA (Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act), which is the same sweeping legislation that has been used to impose sanctions on Iran, North Korea, and Russia.

New Delhi's deal with Moscow was sealed at the fringes of an annual summit in India with both leaders Vladimir Putin and Narendra Modi present. The contract is believed to be worth more than €4 billion.

India signed eight other agreements with Russia in various fields such as space, nuclear energy, and railways.

https://www.euronews.com/2018/10/11/tru ... ile-system

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:35 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:43 pm
“They were treated very unfairly,” Trump says of musicians who will benefit from Music Modernization Act

By AMY X. WANG

President Trump is due to sign the Music Modernization Act into law today, with Kanye West and Kid Rock also present for the ceremony.

President Trump signed the eagerly anticipated Music Modernization Act into law at a ceremony at the White House on Thursday, in the most high-profile event for the music industry in several years. Mike Love and Kid Rock, two of Trump’s most visible supporters in the music community, were at the White House for the signing alongside Sam Moore of Sam & Dave, country singer John Rich and the Doobie Brothers’ Jeff “Skunk” Baxter.

Intended to update music copyright law for the digital era, H.R. 1551 (formally the “Orrin G. Hatch-Bob Goodlatte Music Modernization Act”) accomplishes three key things: making sure songwriters and artists receive royalties on songs recorded before 1972; allocating royalties for music producers; and updating licensing and royalty rules for streaming services to pay rights-holders in a more streamlined fashion, via a new, independent entity. Under the act, many music creators will have a more reliable way of collecting the money that they’re due.

Given this Congress and this President, it's a landmark achievement - meaning that it got done at all. But it's some minor, and mostly technical, changes to a narrow portion of copyright law.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Rolling Stone has gone gushy.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Off Topic
https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/leonard- ... asso-poem/

Kanye West is not Picasso, by Leonard Cohen:

Kanye West is not Picasso
I am Picasso
Kanye West is not Edison
I am Edison
I am Tesla
Jay-Z is not the Dylan of Anything
I am the Dylan of anything
I am the Kanye West of Kanye West
The Kanye West
Of the great bogus shift of bullshit culture
From one boutique to another
I am Tesla
I am his coil
The coil that made electricity soft as a bed
I am the Kanye West Kanye West thinks he is
When he shoves your ass off the stage
I am the real Kanye West
I don’t get around much anymore
I never have
I only come alive after a war
And we have not had it yet

The poem, dated “March 15, 2015,” is suggested to have been written in response to comments Kanye West made at Oxford University, in which he compares himself to Picasso in a lengthy speech which you can revisit below. Then in 2016, ‘Ye dropped his album The Life of Pablo.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:31 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:43 pm

By AMY X. WANG

Skunk is not nor has been a Doobie for a LONG time

And I can pretty much bet the real Doobies would not want to be associated with igtard dotus 45

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:56 pm

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:28 am

Somebody in the room getting more attention than him. Don't look for Kanye to be invited back.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Lani

Post by Lani » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:21 am

https://iphone.appleinsider.com/article ... pple-store
Kanye West delivers impromptu 'keynote' at Washington Apple store
Following his meeting with President Donald Trump, rapper Kanye West visited an Apple Store in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, where he proceeded to climb atop a display table and deliver a "keynote" to gathered customers.
:snippity:
According to Jenkins, West said he made a hat for Trump that reads "make America great," a take on the president's "Make America Great Again" or "MAGA" slogan. Trump donned the cap during his meeting with West earlier today, the rapper said, showing proof of the encounter on his iPhone.

West claimed the inclusion of "again" in Trump's catchphrase "hurts b[l]ack people," according to Jenkins.
:snippity:
West exited the premises in as dramatic a fashion as he entered, announcing he is "going to Africa."
Time for an intervention.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Mr Brolin

Post by Mr Brolin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:42 am

Jayzus….

That amount of two massive ignorant ego's in such a small space, I'm stunned they didn't collapse under their own mass, create a singularity and rip a vortex in the space-time continuum.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 am

Off Topic
Never gets old.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 am

Off Topic
TY. I have not seen that before.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:11 am

Video unavailable

Never mind. You have to go to YouTube to see it

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:57 pm

Kanye has as big an ego as Trump. He only loves Trump because Obama got caught on a hot mike commenting that Kanye is a jackass. I'd bet any amount of money that Kanye's infatuation with Trump is nothing more than getting back at Obama.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/0 ... ws-history

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:37 pm

WTF?

President Trump says Robert E. Lee was a "great general"

NBC News

bob

Post by bob » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 pm

I like only generals who won.
Sekrit Stuffs!
:roll:

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

kate520

Post by kate520 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Pandering to the Southern strategy vote. 🙄

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:55 pm

He's trying to get foxnews to cover his rallies live again

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:56 pm

One word....Gettysburg. :-

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:58 pm

Gregg wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:56 pm
One word....Gettysburg. :-
Another word....Antietam. :)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:18 am

Trump says Nunes should get Medal of Freedom for his handling of Russian investigation
BY RORY APPLETON

October 11, 2018 12:34 PM
Updated October 11, 2018 02:36 PM

President Donald Trump said Thursday that Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Tulare, deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom – the highest civilian award given in the U.S. – for his handling of the House Intelligence Committee’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

The Fox & Friends interview began with Trump downplaying rumors he planned to fire Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein after the November midterm election.

Trump went further to attack former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and praise conservative congressmen, before pivoting to Nunes specifically.

“If this turns out as everyone thinks it will, Devin Nunes should get the Medal of Honor,” he said. “What he’s gone through, and his bravery, he should get a very important medal.”

Trump then clarified Nunes should receive the Medal of Freedom, not the Medal of Honor – which is only given to military veterans.

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/politics ... 64895.html

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 am

Medal of Honor is generally given to soldiers who put their lives on the line to save others. I can't envision Thump or any of his cabinet members or other associates of his doing such.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:49 am

If Trump was a stopped clock he still wouldn't be right twice a day.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:56 pm

sounds about right

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Pretty sure the Turkish prison officials wouldn’t have let Pastor Brunson vote.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Return to “Trump Administration”