58th Inauguration: January 20, 2017

RVInit

Re: 58th Inauguration: January 20, 2017

Post by RVInit » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Two comments.

First, I thought Trump's inauguration brought in the largest donations, mostly from foreign countries buying favor with Trump, so there should be no damn reason he can't pay the bill.

Second, I don't give a shit if there is NO security for his speech. Why the hell should DC pay to protect this asshole? After all, he is the most beloved, most favorite president EVER. Why should he need an excessive amount of security?
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:43 pm

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08 ... ump-family
The summer swelter lingered in the swamp around President Donald Trump’s Washington in late July. Democrats in Congress continued to mull whether or not they would move to impeach him; Republicans, habitually, turned a blind eye to his hateful rhetoric and compulsive Twitter attacks. In New York the stock market teetered as traders awaited the administration’s next move on tariffs; prosecutors in the Southern District of New York appeared, without great logic or transparency, to close its campaign-finance investigation into Trump’s hush money payments without indicting anyone else involved apart from his longtime attorney Michael Cohen, who, by July, was more than two months into a three-year sentence at a federal facility in the Catskills.

While Cohen reads through the prison library and works out with “The Situation” in the Otisville Correctional Facility’s gym, his former neighbor on Park Avenue Stephanie Winston Wolkoff was having a different sort of summer. Last month, Wolkoff received a subpoena from the Washington, D.C., attorney general’s office, requesting documents related to President Trump’s inauguration, which Wolkoff had a heavy hand in planning. The $107 million event has been under investigation for months, including by federal prosecutors in New York and New Jersey, for profligate spending and questions about foreign donations. The latest subpoena appears to be probing potential self-dealing by the Trump Organization and members of the president’s family, according to two people familiar with the investigation.

Wolkoff complied with the request, according to these sources, by the July 26 deadline, which asked her to turn over records involving the inaugural event, the president’s family and associates, and expenditures by the inaugural committee that could shine a light on whether the nonprofit group provided private benefits to the Trump Organization. The attorney general appears to be particularly interested in payments being made through the inaugural committee to Trump-owned businesses, and whether there was a fair bidding process for contractors.

In response to a request for comment, Wolkoff said she signed a nondisclosure agreement and could not comment on any investigation, subpoena, or her cooperation. “If the [Presidential Inaugural Committee] wants to release me from this obligation, I would be able to speak freely without the fear of legal or financial repercussions,” she said in a statement. “Otherwise, I am regrettably unable to provide substantial comment.” Her lawyer did not respond to a request for comment. The White House declined to comment. A spokesperson for the attorney general’s office did not immediately respond.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Surprise. Surprise. Surprise

:brickwallsmall:

Return to “Trump Administration”