Horrible Things Horrible Trump Supporters Do

Lunaluz
Occupation: Bean Counter for Boeing Commercial. You break it I find a way to fix it.

Fallout From Trump's Election

Post by Lunaluz » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:36 pm

I was afraid this was going to happen...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/women- ... r-AAk7GKx?

In another incident:
BBC just ran an interview with a lady from California she and another lady were verbally harassed by a man looking down their shirts on a city bus, both ladies were not white and the man told one of the ladies that she should let him look at her breasts, he might save her from being deported by Ice. This was on a public bus. It makes me sick. How much more of this are we going to see?

Adrianinflorida

Re: Fallout From Trump's Election

Post by Adrianinflorida » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Lots more to come, they've been empowered now.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Adrianinflorida wrote:Lots more to come, they've been empowered now.
Wild in the streets. :? :x :(

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Howard_Kahn

Post by Howard_Kahn » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:11 pm

SueDB wrote:
Adrianinflorida wrote:Lots more to come, they've been empowered now.
Wild in the streets. :? :x :(
The only people wild in the streets where I live are Trump protesters. 18 arrests were made for charges including battery, vandalism and remaining in an area of an unlawful assembly.

Me, I'm getting my cheap labor overseas. You. You pay your non-skilled labor $15 per hour.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:12 pm

Please be sure you pick reliable sources. We're going to need to pass these on via social media and we can't pass on shit that gets debunked -- twice as bad as not passing on something at all.

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:38 pm

5 folks shot in downtown Seattle apparently unrelated to nearby anti-Drumph protests.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... -downtown/
Five people were shot outside a convenience store in downtown Seattle Wednesday night, and the shooter remained at large, police said.

Gunshots were reported shortly before 7 p.m. outside the 7-Eleven store on Third Avenue between Pike and Pine streets, near a major bus stop.

Witnesses said some people were arguing when the gunman began to walk away, and then turned around and fired into the crowd. At least one

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:42 pm

SueDB wrote:5 folks shot in downtown Seattle apparently unrelated to nearby anti-Drumph protests.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... -downtown/
Five people were shot outside a convenience store in downtown Seattle Wednesday night, and the shooter remained at large, police said.

Gunshots were reported shortly before 7 p.m. outside the 7-Eleven store on Third Avenue between Pike and Pine streets, near a major bus stop.

Witnesses said some people were arguing when the gunman began to walk away, and then turned around and fired into the crowd. At least one
Yabbut, reports are it had nothing to do with the protest. From that article:
It’s not related to the protest at all,” he said. “It appears to be some type of personal argument.
Maybe this belongs in the "Another Shooting" thread?

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Lunaluz
Occupation: Bean Counter for Boeing Commercial. You break it I find a way to fix it.

Post by Lunaluz » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:15 pm

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:44 pm

Lunaluz wrote:Jesus.H.Christ..........

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656
I am in a state going between disgust and fury. Disgust at every thing i hear about what is proposed by the new regime and fury when I read about how the thugs in this posts are taking the triumph of The Menace to go out and menace anyone they perceive as 'other.'

Unacceptable. This situation cannot be met with meek acceptance and platitudes about healing and unity.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:26 am

Plutodog wrote:Please be sure you pick reliable sources. We're going to need to pass these on via social media and we can't pass on shit that gets debunked -- twice as bad as not passing on something at all.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:32 am

Where is the Justice Department?

White supremacists urge trolling Clinton supporters to suicide http://usat.ly/2fGoNqT via @USATODAY
White supremacists urge trolling Clinton supporters to suicide
Dawn Chmielewski, Special for USA TODAY 9:57 p.m. EST November 10, 2016

Donald Trump’s election as president of the United States has emboldened white supremacists to target Hillary Clinton supporters and others with online harassment. The neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer published a list of more than 50 Twitter users who had expressed fear about the outcome of the 2016 election, urging its readers to “punish” them with a barrage of tweets that would drive them to suicide.

“You can troll these people and definitely get some of them to kill themselves,” wrote the Daily Stormer’s publisher, Andrew Anglin. http://www.dailystormer.com/im-so-scared/

Experts who have studied hate groups say white supremacists see Trump’s election as a victory for their ideology and a repudiation of multiculturalism. The outcome of the race has emboldened those who lurk in the Internet’s dark recesses to step up their attacks. “We’re going to be hearing more about this — many different kinds of harassment of women, of people of color, of Muslims, linked directly to either Trump’s rhetoric or the alt right,” said Sophie Bjork-James, a post-doctoral scholar at Vanderbilt University’s anthropology department.

The Daily Stormer urged its readers to accost Muslim women, and “yell at them, tell them to go home.” At least two women whose Twitter names were circulated by The Daily Stormer said they had been subject to violent tweets.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news ... /93617792/

Avatar Photo: Michael "Who Says?" Cohen. Says SDNY & Mueller. What it's like at the prison in Otisville where Michael Cohen may go? https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/us/micha ... index.html

Lunaluz

Post by Lunaluz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:53 pm

One small step I will be taking....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-tr ... li=BBnbcA1

YellowMustard

Post by YellowMustard » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:07 pm

Lunaluz wrote:One small step I will be taking....

Is this catching on? I'm going to stop on the way home and get some and wear one every day.

----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w

Lunaluz

Post by Lunaluz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:22 pm

The safety pin thing is catching on...I intend to spread it

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:08 pm

YellowMustard wrote:

Is this catching on? I'm going to stop on the way home and get some and wear one every day.
I have a whole bag of coilless safety pins for knitting (they come in big bags) so...I am stocked up and putting one on every day. Thanks for posting this...I hope it catches on.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

izzybella

Post by izzybella » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:28 pm

My daughter is a college student, and yesterday, the police apprehended a man who was running around and grabbing women by the genitals. I immediately ordered some pepper spray for her as she currently feels very unsafe. :madguy:

tek

Post by tek » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:43 pm

not exactly sure where to put this..
in an IM with my daughter (vintage 1987) just now..
I had started by quoting Wonkette..
Me: "Black women voted for Hillary Clinton at 93 PERCENT. They’re doing the work, because THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO DO THE WORK."
She: truth
She: I am hoping we will continue on the millenial shift, much as people blame millenials for basically everything, the research is showing that they're extremely environmentally and socially conscious even if a bit perhaps too sensitive
Me: so maybe this will be their coming of age..
Me: we can only hope
She: right now, each one of us has approximately 60 slave laborers working to produce the stuff we consume… be it chemicals or textiles or auto parts or any of a million other things
She: easy to be the richest country in the world when you're profiting off the poorest
She: something donald trump is i'm sure an expert in
She: and his daughter, too, who exploits cheap factories in indonesia to make her clothing brand
(though, to be fair, she up until recently had been one of those rapacious consumers)

I'm hoping the kids are alright.

A truckload of bricks
In the soft morning light

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:08 pm

I'm wearing a Safety Pin* and just ordered my concealed carry weapon and signed up for the CC classes required for a License.

I may have to defend my family, my friends, or any other innocents the StormTrumpers may attack.

*but I draw the line at doing the Safety Dance. 8-)

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:55 pm

YellowMustard wrote:

My kids came home from school today wearing safety pins..."What's this about?" I asked, and they explained, including the post-Brexit origins, and now the post-Trump election (with numerous examples of aggressive anti-black/female/muslim/hispanic/LGBTQ actions which have occurred over the last 3 days, just here in Central Florida) implications. I think it's great; CB immediately went to her sewing chest and came up with two huge safety pins (they are diaper pins actually, that we used with our oldest), and we pinned them on.

So tonight, while I was giving my Mom (advanced Alzheimer's; today was a good day) dinner, she noticed the pin on my shirt and we talked about it, I tried to explain the Brexit origins, but Mom really doesn't remember the formation of the EU, and doesn't grasp any of that very well. So, I talked to her about the election of Donald Trump, and the ugly rhetoric in which he engaged during his campaign, pretty much offending and belittling any person who isn't a male WASP. She understood that. [I should mention here that my Mom is a child of the 50s, came of age in the late 60s, fiercely and actively opposed the war in Vietnam (not the boys who fought in it, many of whom were her friends and contemporaries; many of whom died there), and was always active in support of civil rights. Since I don't want to bore you with too much of her history, let's just say that Mama was a hippie--a card-carrying (unless she burned that in a protest) "pinko, commie, free love, freak" hippie, very much in opposite to her family upbringing (old and respected Southern family, pillars of the community, scions of the DAR, UDC, Junior League, and a myriad of local and exclusive organizations). When Mama married my father (a half-breed Injun/Georgia cracker), I'm pretty sure a couple of buildings here in Orlando may have imploded. You all get the picture.

Anyhow--and I thought this was pretty cute--I'm telling Mom tonight about the safety pin thing. I wasn't really sure she understood what I was saying and what it was about. But then she said, "So, you wear this all the time to show you're a 'supporter' of whoever might be feeling unsafe?" "That's right, Mom," I said, "To show that I'm going to stand beside anyone who needs defense, a show of solidarity, or just a friend in need."

So, Mom (the unrepentant hippie) got this sweet smile on her face and said to me, "Ah, you're finally letting your freak flag fly. Good boy." :lol:

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Paul Lentz wrote:
YellowMustard wrote:

My kids came home from school today wearing safety pins..."What's this about?" I asked, and they explained, including the post-Brexit origins, and now the post-Trump election (with numerous examples of aggressive anti-black/female/muslim/hispanic/LGBTQ actions which have occurred over the last 3 days, just here in Central Florida) implications. I think it's great; CB immediately went to her sewing chest and came up with two huge safety pins (they are diaper pins actually, that we used with our oldest), and we pinned them on.

So tonight, while I was giving my Mom (advanced Alzheimer's; today was a good day) dinner, she noticed the pin on my shirt and we talked about it, I tried to explain the Brexit origins, but Mom really doesn't remember the formation of the EU, and doesn't grasp any of that very well. So, I talked to her about the election of Donald Trump, and the ugly rhetoric in which he engaged during his campaign, pretty much offending and belittling any person who isn't a male WASP. She understood that. [I should mention here that my Mom is a child of the 50s, came of age in the late 60s, fiercely and actively opposed the war in Vietnam (not the boys who fought in it, many of whom were her friends and contemporaries; many of whom died there), and was always active in support of civil rights. Since I don't want to bore you with too much of her history, let's just say that Mama was a hippie--a card-carrying (unless she burned that in a protest) "pinko, commie, free love, freak" hippie, very much in opposite to her family upbringing (old and respected Southern family, pillars of the community, scions of the DAR, UDC, Junior League, and a myriad of local and exclusive organizations). When Mama married my father (a half-breed Injun/Georgia cracker), I'm pretty sure a couple of buildings here in Orlando may have imploded. You all get the picture.

Anyhow--and I thought this was pretty cute--I'm telling Mom tonight about the safety pin thing. I wasn't really sure she understood what I was saying and what it was about. But then she said, "So, you wear this all the time to show you're a 'supporter' of whoever might be feeling unsafe?" "That's right, Mom," I said, "To show that I'm going to stand beside anyone who needs defense, a show of solidarity, or just a friend in need."

So, Mom (the unrepentant hippie) got this sweet smile on her face and said to me, "Ah, you're finally letting your freak flag fly. Good boy." :lol:
I so love this story I am breaking my own self-imposed rule of not quoting the whole post when responding. It makes me happy to see it twice.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:19 pm

Paul Lentz wrote:.......

Thanks for the great story, Paul Lentz. I enjoy hearing about your family, wife and kids. Your Mom is cool. :lovestruck:

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:34 pm

YellowMustard wrote:

I think it is slowly catching on. I saw one other safety pin today when I walked to the grocery store and three people are using a safety pin or pins as their avatars on Twitter. I had a helluva time finding a safety pin in my house, finally locating one on a seriously antique dry cleaning bag (paper).
2U9WP7D2_400x400.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:52 pm

Off Topic
Thanks, ya'll. My Mama's a character and a joy to be around. I treasure the days--like today--when we can have a conversation about current issues (or even past ones), and she is sentient/coherent, as she is not most days. I know that she'll ask me again tomorrow why the pin is on my shirt, and will have no memory of our conversation today. But a week from now, she'll ask me again, and be in a more connected mental state, so we'll have fun with that all over again.

Some things I don't tell her (for example, she doesn't need to know that Leonard Cohen--a BIG favorite of hers--died; but we had a little musical fest of Leonard Cohen this afternoon, and she even sang along with bits of the songs). Lots of things I talk about with her obviously don't register, but I try my best to discuss news (world, local, family) and events with her as if she was as clued in as ever. Sometimes she responds; sometimes not.

Actually, what I think most attracted her notice about the "safety pin" on my shirt tonight was the fact that it's actually a diaper pin, and has a cute little yellow duck head on it (CB's pin has a cute little blue teddy bear head on it). I suspect it's entirely possible that we got those diaper pins from my Mom when our oldest was born, and that they may have been first put to use to the diapers worn by my siblings and me. Mom may have sort of recognized them, or the pin was otherwise a memory trigger for her.

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:23 pm

Add me to the list of those who love your stories.

arock

Post by arock » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:25 pm

Off Topic
Joann's Fabrics stores often carry diaper pins in the notions department.
Off Topic
As a newbie here -- and unfamiliar with many of the trials/people/threads, I ducked into the Terry Trussell thread one day. I superficially kept up with the official doings, but really I was there for Paul's stories. Thanks, Paul.

Return to “Trump Administration”