Transition 2016

SLQ

Re: Transition 2016

Post by SLQ » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Scaramucci speaking live on the press briefing. Wow, he's slick. :shit: He clearly took the loyalty pledge.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:45 pm

SLQ wrote:Scaramucci speaking live on the press briefing. Wow, he's slick. :shit: He clearly took the loyalty pledge.
Wasn't he the guy that the now yanked from the CNN website was about? Anyone recall what it was?

bob

Post by bob » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Kendra wrote:Wasn't he the guy that the now yanked from the CNN website was about? Anyone recall what it was?
Yes; CNN retracted its story that Congress was investigating a "Russian investment fund with ties to Trump officials," i.e., Scaramucci.

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:56 pm

bob wrote:
Kendra wrote:Wasn't he the guy that the now yanked from the CNN website was about? Anyone recall what it was?
Yes; CNN retracted its story that Congress was investigating a "Russian investment fund with ties to Trump officials," i.e., Scaramucci.
Russia! Russia! Russia! (queue Jan Brady)

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:56 pm

SLQ wrote:Scaramucci speaking live on the press briefing. Wow, he's slick. :shit: He clearly took the loyalty pledge.
Will he do the fandango?

tek

Post by tek » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:12 pm

With the sound off, Scaramucci reminds me of Ricky Ricardo.. the suit, the hair, the facial shape, even some of the mannerisms..

Fast talkin' guys with strange red eyes
Have put things in your head
And started your mind to wonderin'

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:47 pm

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:56 pm

Kendra wrote:http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... orting-gun

Housecleaning over at Twitter.
You can clean house all you want, but the same dust bunnies live on.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:56 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Kendra wrote:http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... orting-gun

Housecleaning over at Twitter.
You can clean house all you want, but the same dust bunnies live on.
:like:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:21 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... b6d821a6aa
Russia’s ambassador to Washington told his superiors in Moscow that he discussed campaign-related matters, including policy issues important to Moscow, with Jeff Sessions during the 2016 presidential race, contrary to public assertions by the embattled attorney general, according to current and former U.S. officials.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak’s accounts of two conversations with Sessions — then a top foreign policy adviser to Republican candidate Donald Trump — were intercepted by U.S. spy agencies, which monitor the communications of senior Russian officials both in the United States and in Russia. Sessions initially failed to disclose his contacts with Kislyak and then said that the meetings were not about the Trump campaign.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:28 pm

White House taps new acting ethics chief, elevating general counsel over chief of staff
:snippity:
In selecting Apol, the White House elevated him over Shaub's chief of staff and designated successor, Shelley K. Finlayson, who had been serving in that role since Shaub stepped down Tuesday is a female, therefore gross and probably bleeding from her wherever or her facelift or something.
Honesty in journamalism. :|

If dogs run free, why not we?

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Ok, here is my prediction: after Sessions ends up under the buss, DJT nominates Lyin' Ted Cruz for AG. :banana: :banana: :banana:

"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

bob

Post by bob » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Dallasite wrote:Ok, here is my prediction: after Sessions ends up under the buss, DJT nominates Lyin' Ted Cruz for AG.
The three remaining birthers at P&E have drawn the line in the sand there. :popcorn:

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:39 pm

How would you know what is going on at the P&E, bob? Have you been reading over there again? :roll:

"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Dallasite wrote:How would you know what is going on at the P&E, bob? Have you been reading over there again? :roll:
He can stop anytime he wants!

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

bob

Post by bob » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 pm

P&E is the (only) place to be for birfwatching!

vic

Post by vic » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:09 am

Conservative Political Blogger Confirmed For Seat On Federal Appeals Court
On a party-line vote, the U.S. Senate voted Thursday to confirm President Trump's most controversial judicial nominee to date.

He is John Bush, a Kentucky lawyer and political blogger whose posts disparaged gay rights and compared the Supreme Court's abortion decision in Roe v. Wade to its pro-slavery 1857 Dred Scott decision.

And he is now a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.

Blogging under a fake name, Bush posted more than 400 items, often citing alt-right media reports containing conspiracy theories and false information, such as the claim that former President Barack Obama was not born in the U.S.
So I guess it's ok for a judge to spread lies and conspiracy theories using a fake name, but not for a lawyer on Mueller's team to donate to a Democrat.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:20 am

vic wrote:

Conservative Political Blogger Confirmed For Seat On Federal Appeals Court

[/quote]
Can we have Harriet Miers back too, please, also :?:

tek

Post by tek » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Scaramucci is getting right into it I see..
@KeithOlbermann

Trump talking pardon?

Sekulow on @thisweek: no, never, not discussed, not on table

Mooch on @foxnews: he and I talked about it yesterday

Fast talkin' guys with strange red eyes
Have put things in your head
And started your mind to wonderin'

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:36 pm

In his CNN State of the Union appearance, Scaramucci also said that leakers were unAmerican and that he would fire anyone who leaked. First of all, what could possibly be more American than supporting freedom of the press; and secondly, he's communication director, he can't fire anyone unless they're on his team. Is he gunning for Priebus's job already?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:46 am

Trump reportedly floats making Rudy Giuliani attorney general
President Donald Trump is floating the possibility of making Rudy Giuliani attorney general, according to Axios.

Jacob PramukCNBC.com.

President Donald Trump has floated the possibility of making Rudy Giuliani attorney general, Axios reported Monday, citing "West Wing confidants."

The report comes after Trump publicly fumed about Attorney General Jeff Sessions more than once in recent days. It is unclear at this point whether Trump really plans to push to make Giuliani, the former New York mayor, federal prosecutor and Trump campaign advisor, the nation's top law enforcement official.

Giuliani, as an early Trump supporter, would likely face questions about his independence.

On Monday, Trump questioned why Sessions, whom he called "our beleaguered A.G.," is not investigating Hillary Clinton. Trump told The New York Times last week that he would not have appointed Sessions had he known he would recuse himself from the Russia probe.

Last week, Sessions said he had no plans to leave the job.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request to comment.

President Donald Trump has floated the possibility of making Rudy Giuliani attorney general, Axios reported Monday, citing "West Wing confidants."

The report comes after Trump publicly fumed about Attorney General Jeff Sessions more than once in recent days. It is unclear at this point whether Trump really plans to push to make Giuliani, the former New York mayor, federal prosecutor and Trump campaign advisor, the nation's top law enforcement official.

Giuliani, as an early Trump supporter, would likely face questions about his independence.

On Monday, Trump questioned why Sessions, whom he called "our beleaguered A.G.," is not investigating Hillary Clinton. Trump told The New York Times last week that he would not have appointed Sessions had he known he would recuse himself from the Russia probe.

Last week, Sessions said he had no plans to leave the job.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request to comment.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/24/trump-re ... neral.html

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:05 pm

I've been wondering, "Who could he find that is worse than (or just as bad as) Sessions?"

Got my answer. :doh:

If dogs run free, why not we?

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:43 pm

The Hill
Trump DOJ nominee used to represent Russian bank with ties to Putin

President Trump’s nominee to lead the Department of Justice’s criminal division used to represent a major Russian bank whose owners have ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Brian Benczkowski, whom Trump nominated for the position in June and will have his confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee Tuesday, disclosed to lawmakers that he used to represent Alfa Bank, one of Russia’s largest financial institutions, The New York Times reported Monday.

Benczkowski told Congress in a July 19 letter obtained by The Times that he was at first unable to reveal his former work for the bank because of a confidentiality agreement he signed with the institution, but that he received a waiver to share the information. ...

The FBI investigated Alfa Bank after it would found that one of the servers linked to the bank was communicating with a server tied to the Trump Organization. The FBI later found that the communications were not between the Trump campaign and Russia, according to The Times.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:15 am

Update: The Hill: Conflicting reports emerged Tuesday over whether a White House press aide had been fired, with the staffer himself saying that no one had informed him he had lost his position.

“No one has told me anything, and the entire premise is false,” senior assistant press secretary Michael Short told CNN.
-------------------------------------------------------

Politico
Scaramucci fires assistant press secretary Michael Short, offers amnesty to others ...

It would be Scaramucci’s first step toward shaking up the communications shop, which has been dominated by former Republican National Committee staffers loyal to White House chief of staff Reince Priebus, a former RNC chairman. Scaramucci warned that Short would be the first of many, if he’s not able to stop the leaks coming out of the communications and press shop.“I’m committed to taking the comms shop down to Sarah [Huckabee Sanders] and me, if I can’t get the leaks to stop,” Scaramucci told POLITICO.

During his first day on the job on Monday, Scaramucci met with current communications staffers and warned about leaks coming from the office. “I offered amnesty in the meeting, but that decision is above my rank,” Scaramucci said. Short is expected to be the first of a wave of staffers closely aligned with Priebus to be shown the door.

He was closely aligned with press secretary Sean Spicer, who resigned on Friday after Scaramucci was appointed to the communications role. He was scorned by many of his colleagues for quitting the Trump campaign, only to rejoin as a White House staffer because of Priebus.

In a story often retold by campaign staffers, they arrived at Trump Tower one morning, months before the election, to see Short’s computer left open on his otherwise empty desk. He had quit the campaign that day and never returned.The next time he was seen by former campaign staffers was in January on their first day in the White House, where some were stunned to learn that they were going to have to work alongside him or for some of the press assistants subordinate to him.

Scaramucci said in remarks to reporters Friday that he couldn’t guarantee who will remain in the press shop, aside from social media director Dan Scavino and communications strategist Hope Hicks, both longtime aides to President Donald Trump. He’s also named Sanders to succeed Spicer as press secretary.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:43 pm

07/25/17 01:19 PM EDT
White House press aide resigns amid shakeup
White House press aide Michael Short resigned on Tuesday, capping off hours of drama over whether he would be fired by President Trump’s new communications director.

"I have resigned, effective immediately," Short said in a brief text message. "It was a privilege to serve the President of the United States."

Short’s departure came after White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci told Politico Tuesday morning he planned to fire him over alleged leaks.

The spokesman initially responded that he had not been told of his dismissal.

“No one has told me anything, and the entire premise is false,” he told CNN.

In a bizarre statement to reporters on the West Wing driveway, Scaramucci decried the news of Short’s firing as another leak — even though he revealed the move himself.

"This is the problem with the leaking," Scaramucci said. "This is actually a terrible thing. Let’s say I’m firing Michael Short today. The fact that you guys know about it before he does really upsets me as a human being and as a Roman Catholic." <SNIP>
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... signs-amid

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Return to “Trump Administration”