Derek Harvey, Russian stooge or Russian mole?

p0rtia

Derek Harvey, Russian stooge or Russian mole?

Post by p0rtia »

Derek Harvey. This dude may need his own thread.

Harvey is the Nunes aide that Parnas said was someone he was working with in the attempt to get Ukraine to announce an investigation into Biden.

Here is an article about some of his previous adventures from Politico, 2017:

Trump's top Middle East aide ousted
Derek Harvey, the president’s top Middle East adviser, was dismissed on Thursday by national security adviser H.R. McMaster—further shrinking the ranks of White House aides hired by McMaster’s ousted predecessor, Michael Flynn.

Harvey had a long-standing relationship with McMaster dating to their service as advisers to Gen. David Petraeus in Iraq during the 2000s. But it was Flynn, a former colleague of Harvey’s at the Defense Intelligence Agency, who brought Harvey to the Trump NSC, and talk that McMaster wanted him out had recently circulated among national security insiders.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

p0rtia

Re: Derek Harvey, Russian stooge or Russian mole?

Post by p0rtia »

And this from October 2019:

Alexander Vindman Proves That Working Within System Works Even While Derek Harvey Works To Destroy It
At almost the same time the Vindman article came out in the Times, Daily Beast detailed how a retired military officer, Derek Harvey, is working outside proper channels to disclose the identity of the whistleblower, endangering this individual and making future whistleblowers less likely to expose corruption. Harvey seems to be a poster child for exactly the type of officer who flourished after the mass exodus of those with a conscience. Here is how Daily Beast described his background:

Derek Harvey’s career has been extraordinary. As a Defense Intelligence Agency analyst, he played an important role in the 2007-8 troop surge in Iraq. David Petraeus kept Harvey aboard for an intelligence billet at U.S. Central Command. Harvey aligned with another member of the counterinsurgency coterie, DIA Director Mike Flynn, and followed Flynn onto Trump’s White NSC. From there, Harvey became a crucial aide to Nunes, a pivotal Flynn and Trump ally. There is no reasonable definition of Deep State that excludes Derek Harvey from elite membership.
ImageImageImage

Chilidog

Derek Harvey, Russian stooge or Russian mole?

Post by Chilidog »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... e-n1118251
In one of their first texts, in late March, Harvey floats a theory to Parnas, which Harvey says is based on State Department sources. He suggests that the Obama administration doubled aid to Ukraine from 2015 to 2016 because "their hunch" was that the money would "get grafted" by Ukrainian officials, who in turn would give money to the Clinton Foundation and other "social justice causes." He mentions to Parnas "rumors" that Ukraine's government coordinated with the Clinton campaign and the FBI “to dig up dirt on Manafort in 2016."
I don't know what to make of this.

The rational side of me says "that's the stupidest, most illogical and insane shit ever.". Yet, the cynical side of me looks at the 911 truthers, the birthers, Alex Jones and his ilk and says, "WOW, that's the most inspired bit of conspiracy theory mongering ever. It's so perfectly insane that the Trump morons will be falling for it left and right."

Lani

Re: Derek Harvey, Russian stooge or Russian mole?

Post by Lani »

It isn't hard to find shit on Manafort. I posted a bunch of it here in 2016.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

My point is that the whole conspiracy theory that Obama gave money to Ukraine to give to Clinton is just beyond nuts. Which is why it is perfect for the "Above Top Secret" types.

If only they could have tied Chemtrails and planet X in.

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe »

Chilidog wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:47 am
My point is that the whole conspiracy theory that Obama gave money to Ukraine to give to Clinton is just beyond nuts.
i dunno, if anything’s shocking it’s how “normal” all of this is. of course nunes & his assistants believe that the clinton foundation is the big baddie here. of course they believe that the obama administration would give millions to a third party to funnel it back to the clintons. they believe it because they’ve always believed that this is the way the world works & they believe it because they believe it is exactly what they would do in a similar position. & parnas is a savy enough criminal to know how to benefit himself by telling his marks what he’s been told/what they want to hear/possibly what he believes as well
“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.”
—Ali Smith, Autumn

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Is it possible to move the posts I made on Harvey in the Lev and Igor thread to here?
ImageImageImage

Foggy
Occupation: Hayseed from North Cackilacki, Space Cadet, and your benevolent Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yes'm.

Edit: Done. I left the title that Chilidog gave to the thread.
We don't know what we don't know.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

:like:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Stooge or mole?

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Foggy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am
Yes'm.
:lovestruck:
ImageImageImage

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe »

as to “stooge or mole” i think my response is the same as when i hear “what do they have on lindsey graham?” which is, never underestimate what americans, and right-wing americans in particular, are happy to do without any foreign encouragement at all.
“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.”
—Ali Smith, Autumn

Return to “Trump Administration”