Post by Foggy »

How he really thinks ...

Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

GreatGrey

Re: War with Iran?

Post by GreatGrey »

12A483F2-6158-4F61-85BF-FDAF0498892D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

b52s.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

GreatGrey wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:36 am
12A483F2-6158-4F61-85BF-FDAF0498892D.jpeg
:winner:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

"The Iraqi Iranian people will be strewing the streets with roses while the U soldiers march in..." :blackeye:

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Executive Order 12333, paragraph 2.11:

“2.11 Prohibition on Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination.”
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

GreatGrey wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:32 am
Executive Order 12333, paragraph 2.11:

“2.11 Prohibition on Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination.”
Must have been a Democratic President who sign.. oh.

Saint Reagan. Ammended by GWB twice.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Is Pompeo really recycling Cheney's old "They'll greet us as liberators," bullshit?

Hubs (and me) at the Rockabilly Fest
ImageImageImage x4

woodworker

Post by woodworker »

They probably do have every expectation that the assassination will be greeted with joy and dancing in the streets. That just shows how fucking nuts they are.
Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I hate that smirk of his. Was watching CNN this morning, They were so disappointed to hear Lindsey Graham's comments to Fox and Friends about being filled in on the attack before it happened AFTER they finished their interview with Pompeo. Pity, they'd have liked to asked Pompeo about that...

Anyone else find it kind of strange that all of a sudden (according to Pompeo), Trump actually listened to what his intelligence agencies were warning him about?

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'll see if I can find the link and add it later

but saw on twitter (with screenshots) apparently Putin is blaming the US IC for "setting* trump up to kill whatshisname. Not sure if Putin is happy or displeased with the attack itself, but I'm sure he's overjoyed by the chaos it created here.
Hubs (and me) at the Rockabilly Fest
ImageImageImage x4

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Gawrsh, this would be a good time for the administration to have some credibility.

If'n they hadn't frittered it all away on the toddler in the White House. :doh: :bag:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

See? Proof they're dancing in the streets :sarcasm:
Iraqis — Iraqis — dancing in the street for freedom; thankful that General Soleimani is no more.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

My survey of Twitter this morning indicates the right wing war mongers are out in force. Sharing videos of tens of people allegedly celebrating, kissing Trump's ring, excoriating Obama (particularly attacking Ben Rhodes in a torrent that exemplifies the cesspool Twitter can conjure up). What I haven't seen are intelligent talking heads, and Trump critics saying anything but that Soleimani was a terrible actor with American blood on his hands, although this is being ignored by Trump supporters as the celebrations abound.

The people who are thinkers are very alarmed that the Trump Administration has no end game here and no plan for protecting Americans and our allies. Many have noted that W and Obama could've taken Soleimani out in a similar fashion but chose not to because of the law of unintended consequences. Wimps!

In my own mind, this is just like the run-up to the Iraq war and the early days. Idjits will be waving the flag and condemning those who question the wisdom of this action. I predict Iran will lay low for a while and plan their reprisals for a time and place of their own choosing. US Embassies everywhere are now targets, as are American soldiers and their families and Americans everywhere. The Iranians have a strong military but they are masters of unconventional warfare as well.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

I suspect the older neo-cons are starting to get anxious and have been pushing Trump to instigate something with Iran. He might be their last chance (before they die of old age) to get revenge for the revolution and 'teach Iran their place'. He needs them in his coalition, and this is their payoff.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

You sillies, Pompeo says this was done to keep Americans SAFE! Now, if you are an American in Iraq...

GET OUT!

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I noted that last night Esper said Soleimani was planning attacks on Americans. Now Pompeo has used the magic words "imminent attack." As we've seen with the Afghan papers, the horrible lies of the GW Bush Administration, etc. you can't take any of these pronouncements as true. Now we have the Big Liar Pompeo in the most corrupt Administration in American history saying things that are highly unlikely. These people have less than no credibility. You reap what you sow.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

TexasFilly wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:16 pm
I noted that last night Esper said Soleimani was planning attacks on Americans. Now Pompeo has used the magic words "imminent attack." As we've seen with the Afghan papers, the horrible lies of the GW Bush Administration, etc. you can't take any of these pronouncements as true. Now we have the Big Liar Pompeo in the most corrupt Administration in American history saying things that are highly unlikely. These people have less than no credibility. You reap what you sow.
:yeah: Smacks of “weapons of mass destruction.”
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

That the President authorizes and receives reports about sensitive military operations at Mar-a-Lago, where his paying customers have unprecedented access to him, is troubling.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

And how does killing Soleimani stop an "imminent attack"?

They are spinning for anything trying to give Trump cover.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Steven Dennis✔@StevenTDennis
The Senate voted 50-40 to prohibit an unauthorized military attack on Iran or its armed forces, with exceptions, in June. (The amendment failed because it needed 60 votes under the rules).

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

All of a sudden, the deep-state security people are to be believed? :think:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Pentagon deploys more than 3K additional troops to Middle East

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4766 ... _A.twitter
More than 3,000 American troops will be sent to the Middle East following the U.S. strike that killed top Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani in Iraq, the Pentagon said Friday.

The troops will that will be deployed are from the Immediate Response Force of the 82nd Airborne Division, a Defense Department official told The Hill.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

MSNBC
@MSNBC
·
12m
"We need to presume we are now in a state of war with Iran… and that is not something that the Trump administration appears to have been prepared for." - Brett McGurk, former special envoy to coalition to defeat ISIS

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Steve Campion
@SteveABC13
·
14m
A U.S. official confirms to ABC News that approximately 3,500 more troops from Fort Bragg's 82nd Airborne Division will deploy to the Middle East, leaving the military installation as early as this weekend. #abc13
Guess Trump no longer is opposed to endless war in the Middle East.

Return to “Trump Administration”