Lev and Igor

Kendra

Re: Lev and Igor

Post by Kendra »

Volkonski wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:09 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:07 pm
This question will probably roll eyes but I'm running around like a madwoman today, preparing to fly from unseasonably warm SWFL into an ice storm in KC at the crack of dawn tomorrow so here goes:

I had just climbed back into my car so I missed the beginning. On MSNBC, somebody (Nicole Wallace?) laughingly referenced something I'm assuming Parnas said on the Maddow interview, something about "when is he not drunk?" Where they talking about Parnas, Hyde or Giuliani?
Hyde.
Yes.
Edit: I don't have a source (yet), but just saw a pic of Hyde flashing across the MSNBC screed of Hyde with Matt Gaetz all smiles. Guy gets around, doesn't he?

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wonder if Hyde has lawyered up. I recommend Giuliani. We're too far down the rabbit hole to be concerned with conflicts of interest, right?

And, yeah, that's my smart-ass coping mechanism. Even I realize Barr will bury this so deep some kid in China may dig it up.
Hubs (and me) at the Rockabilly Fest
ImageImageImage x4

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:40 am
RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:24 am
Kendra wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:40 pm
https:// mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/status/1217604212940394496

And a photo will turn up in 3.. 2... 1... ;)

https://www.indy100.com/article/eric-tr ... es-9285901
:thumbs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

SLQ wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:35 pm
TexasFilly wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:56 am
Maybenaut wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:28 am
I’m just catching yo on this thread. I haven’t read all of these documents. Going back to the letter signed by Rudy, there are two sentences that make me think perhaps it wasn’t written by a native English speaker:

“Separate representation is usual process.” Which is a LIE.

“I have even had the privilege if being there most recently on 2017.”Also a lie?

I’m not saying he didn’t write it or didn’t sign it. It’s just strange is all.
If you read through the voluminous texts of Rudy's, he makes these kind of grammatical mistakes frequently. I think a big part of that is that he (like Mr. Hyde) is drunk much of the time.
I confess to being a terrible texter. The highlighted mistakes are ones I make often. I text "if" instead of "of" because the i and o are next to each other. I text "on" instead of "in" for the same reason. Autocorrect helps make those mistakes. Now that's on a tiny keyboard. I don't make those mistakes on a regular keyboard, but I've been typing and/or using a keyboard for most of my life. I suspect that's not true for Rudy.
Actually, the "if" mistake you highlighted is mine, and for the reason you said -- I typed it on the tiny screen. :oops: The "on" mistake is Rudy's.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:40 am
RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:24 am
Kendra wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:40 pm
https:// mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/status/1217604212940394496

And a photo will turn up in 3.. 2... 1... ;)
https://www.indy100.com/article/eric-tr ... es-9285901
And on a completely unrelated note - This guy bears an uncanny resemblance to a younger Popeye ;)

insomnia

Post by insomnia »

Do I have this right?

According to Parnas there were two separate quid pro quo.

The first was when they were trying to get Amb. Yovanovitch fired. The corrupt prosecutor Lutsenko said he had damaging information on Biden/Burisma. He would only turn it over once Yovanovitch was gone. Sadly for team stupid, Lutsenko either lied about his info or just plain refused to give it to them once that happened. (not sure what the explanation was)

Then Zelensky was elected and Lutsenko was fired. So they came up with the second plot - to pressure President Z by withholding the aid until he announced an investigation.

And according to Parnas everyone was in on it/knew about it for months.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

That's what I heard.

But I'm sure two is not end of it.

Everything Dear Leader does is transactional. Add that to his being a mob boss, and the sky's the limit.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar
Asked directly if he authorized Giuliani to send President Zelensky a letter seeking a meeting, Trump says "I don't know anything about the letter" & then slathers praise on Giuliani.

"He's a very legitimate guy... if he wrote a letter it wouldn't have been a big deal," he adds
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Maybenaut wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:38 pm

Actually, the "if" mistake you highlighted is mine, and for the reason you said -- I typed it on the tiny screen. :oops: The "on" mistake is Rudy's.
LOL. Too funny!
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Here’s the “I don’t know him at all, don’t know what he’s about, don’t know where he comes from, know nothing about him” guy, w Lev Parnas & Roman Nasirov, former head of Ukrainian Fiscal Service, at Mar-a-Lago 12/16. @POTUS .@realDonaldTrump @Acosta #LevRemembers #LetLevSpeak

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

And now Fred Trump is trending on twitter when I go click it says that Lev Parnas worked for the Trump organization in the 80s and also that Lev's son worked on Trump's campaign. I haven't found much confirmation though.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Kendra wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:20 pm

Here’s the “I don’t know him at all, don’t know what he’s about, don’t know where he comes from, know nothing about him” guy, w Lev Parnas & Roman Nasirov, former head of Ukrainian Fiscal Service, at Mar-a-Lago 12/16. @POTUS .@realDonaldTrump @Acosta #LevRemembers #LetLevSpeak
Yeah, the Secret Service is famous for letting random strangers put their hands on the president. Happens all the time.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Two days of a hyped interview with Lev Parnas, and little new. Mostly confirmation. The only thing new seems to be Parnas' claim that Trump tried to fire Marie Yovanovitch several times and had to smear her to get rid of her. Interesting but not terribly relevant. (We did learn some things about Parnas, including more about his motives for speaking out, but that's about it.)

Rachel Maddow did a good job, but we don't know any more than we knew on Tuesday.

Sorry, but I don't respond to hype.

(The concern I have is that Parnas will distract the Senate, much the way Avenatti's b.s. claims against Kavanaugh distracted the Senate from its work. And if Parnas gets impeached and Democratic Senators were clamoring for his testimony, it might sink the movement building for testimony from some witnesses.)

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

We don’t have the phone records. I’d be interested to see a timeline with those. Of course SDNY has Rudy’s phone records too.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

ShitGibbon said he didn’t know Parnas.

Funny thing about that, cuz I’ve seen more pics of Don & Lev than I’ve seen of Don & Tiffany.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:08 pm
Two days of a hyped interview with Lev Parnas, and little new. Mostly confirmation. The only thing new seems to be Parnas' claim that Trump tried to fire Marie Yovanovitch several times and had to smear her to get rid of her. Interesting but not terribly relevant. (We did learn some things about Parnas, including more about his motives for speaking out, but that's about it.)

We didn't know how the President's lawyers were arranging lawyers for Rudy's goons. One even getting Trump to waive conflicts and advising them not to co-operate with the impeachment inquiry. And there's texts to prove it. Lev had a copy of Rudy's letter to Zelensky in his possession. It's an important letter. If Bondy had't been able to release it, we'd never have seen it. We didn't know about the quid pro quo with Luchenko. There's lots we didn't know. Maybe you already knew all of this stuff. :daydream:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

the lighter side ;)

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

:rotflmao:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Joseph A. Bondy@josephabondy

Funny, @SarahHuckabee, former press secretary to
@realDonaldTrump, called it Embarrassing that Democrats' new 'star witness' Parnas is under federal indictment | Fox Wilmington WSFX-TV. Yet @TheJusticeDept
relies upon the testimony of cooperating witnesses every day. #LetLevSpeak
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Every month, GOP pays for a $3,000 dinner at the Trump Hotel for party & White House aides, lobbyists and others to dine and plot. Rudy & Lev were always there. Rudy sometimes didn’t pay. W/⁦@Fahrenthold⁩ on a culture that bred an impeachment probe:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Does this man get around or what?

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Kendra wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:45 am
Rudy sometimes didn’t pay
I don't believe he ever paid.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

TexasFilly wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:51 am
Sterngard Friegen wrote:

We didn't know how the President's lawyers were arranging lawyers for Rudy's goons. One even getting Trump to waive conflicts and advising them not to co-operate with the impeachment inquiry. And there's texts to prove it. Lev had a copy of Rudy's letter to Zelensky in his possession. It's an important letter. If Bondy had't been able to release it, we'd never have seen it. We didn't know about the quid pro quo with Luchenko. There's lots we didn't know. Maybe you already knew all of this stuff. :daydream:
Corroboration and details, but nothing new (except for no. 4):

1. We already knew that for a short period of time Cobb repped Parnas.

2. We already knew that Trump told everyone associated with him or working for him not to cooperate.

3. We already knew Rudy Giouliani was claiming to be Trump's personal lawyer in Ukraine.

4. We didn't know about the Luchenko quid pro quo (if true), but so what? Trump got rid of Yovanovitch because she was a corruption fighter. And Luchenko became irrelevant.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90414127/tr ... comic-sans

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:25 pm
TexasFilly wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:51 am
Sterngard Friegen wrote:

Corroboration and details, but nothing new (except for no. 4):

1. We already knew that for a short period of time Cobb Dowd repped Parnas.

2. We already knew that Trump told everyone associated with him or working for him not to cooperate.

3. We already knew Rudy Giouliani was claiming to be Trump's personal lawyer in Ukraine.

4. We didn't know about the Luchenko quid pro quo (if true), but so what? Trump got rid of Yovanovitch because she was a corruption fighter. And Luchenko became irrelevant.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90414127/tr ... comic-sans
1. I didn't know Dowd was repping Lev and Igor vis the impeachment inquiry, and that Jay Sekulow brokered that deal;
2. I didn't know there was actual proof that Trump was personally involved in the coverup;
3. We didn't know that Rudy contacted Zelensky, in writing, lied about this being "usual process" and that he was doing this with Trump's full knowledge and consent;
4. This shows Lev was doing the dirty work directly with corrupt Ukranians: and the day after Luchenko says the deal is off, Pence cancels his trip to Zelensky's inauguration (which was planned around Pence's calendar in the first place).

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

1. I didn't know Dowd was repping Lev and Igor vis the impeachment inquiry, and that Jay Sekulow brokered that deal;
Not only Dowd, but wasn't one of Manafort's attorneys repping him at the same time? Wonder who paid their fees?

Return to “Trump Administration”