Re: Lev and Igor

Post by Azastan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:49 pm

SLQ wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:48 am
Azastan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:43 am
TexasFilly wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:23 am

Well, technically there's no such thing as a 'godparent' as I understand it, but obviously Giuliani has a few more ties to Parnas than 'he was the coffee boy'.
Can you please explain what you mean by this?

https://www.thecatholictelegraph.com/qa ... ents/20913
I was referring to the fact that the Jewish faith doesn't have 'godparents'. A bris is a Jewish ritual, not Catholic. So the assumption, perhaps incorrect, that I made was that Parnas is Jewish. If Giuliani is Catholic, I don't think he's going to be a godparent to someone who is Jewish, because being a godparent is a Christian thing, as is clearly stated in your link.

Again, I could be wrong, and perhaps Giuliani is Jewish. But then he still wouldn't be a 'godparent', but he could be a sandek.

Hope that helps.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:10 pm

Technically, if Giuliani is Jewish, he would more accurately be called a schmuck. :mrgreen:

When reality is outlawed only outlaws will have reality.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:10 pm

Foggy wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:10 pm
Technically, if Giuliani is Jewish, he would more accurately be called a schmuck. :mrgreen:

Yes, he's one whether he's Jewish or not, though!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:25 pm

Giuliani married his first cousin. Which is permitted in the Jewish religion. Other than that, and being a schmuck, Giuliani is about as Jewish as Trump.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Thanks, Azastan. I didn't realize Lev was Jewish. I suppose "bris ceremony" should have tipped me off! :bag:

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Azastan wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Yes, he's one whether he's Jewish or not, though!
Mashugina

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:44 pm

SLQ wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 pm
Thanks, Azastan. I didn't realize Lev was Jewish. I suppose "bris ceremony" should have tipped me off! :bag:
I will admit I was a bit confused when I saw 'bris ceremony' because I hadn't realized that Parnas was Jewish either LOL.

Side note: I absolutely would not use Rudy Giuliani as a godparent, either.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:57 pm

https://nypost.com/2019/11/07/giuliani- ... -his-guns/

NY Post but still. Lev has to give up his gunz.

Love the American flag on the table. 🇺🇸

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:04 pm

:violin:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Indicted Giuliani Pals Were Expected In Kyiv When Arrested
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... e-arrested

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Oh...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/giuliani-a ... 1573247707
Months before President Trump pressed Ukraine’s newly installed president to investigate Joe Biden’s son and alleged 2016 U.S. election interference, two associates of Rudy Giuliani urged Ukraine’s prior president to announce similar probes in exchange for a state visit to Washington, according to people familiar with the matter.

A late February meeting in Kyiv between Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman and then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko took place at the offices of Ukrainian general prosecutor Yuriy Lutsenko, the people said. It came soon after Messrs. Parnas and Fruman met with Mr. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, and Mr. Lutsenko in New York in late January and again in Warsaw in mid-February, Mr. Giuliani has said.

Mr. Lutsenko also attended the February meeting, the people said. Mr. Poroshenko didn’t ultimately announce that he was opening those investigations. Mr. Lutsenko, the prosecutor, in March said he was investigating the Bidens and election interference, but in May said he had no evidence of wrongdoing. No White House meeting resulted from the discussions.

The meeting, which hasn’t previously been reported, shows associates of the U.S. president’s personal lawyer as early as February were pressing the president of Ukraine to open investigations that could benefit Mr. Trump politically in exchange for a White House visit. Mr. Poroshenko lost his re-election bid to Volodymyr Zelensky, who Mr. Trump in a July call urged to investigate Mr. Biden and his son, Hunter, as well as other matters.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:46 pm

Every time I hear "Lev and Igor" I think of "Love and Marriage" by Sinatra :lol:

Lev and Igor, Lev and Igor
Go together with Rudy's crimes offshore
This I tell you, brother
You can't have one without the other
Lev and Igor, Lev and Igor
Many scams that you can just not ignore
Ask the local gentry
And they will say it's elementary
Try, try, try to separate them
It's an illusion
Try, try, try, and you will only come
To this conclusion...

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:06 pm

:dance: :clap:

Someone get that off to Randy Rainbow.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:13 am

CNN has an article up about Lev and Igor's lives and finances. I've read about some of this elsewhere, but this is a good aggregator: https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/09/politics ... index.html

Igor's estranged wife accused him of having large amounts of cocaine and domestic violence during their recent divorce. Surprise!

Lots of good stuff in there, placing it here as a bookmarked resource.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:32 am

TexasFilly wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:13 am
CNN has an article up about Lev and Igor's lives and finances. I've read about some of this elsewhere, but this is a good aggregator: https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/09/politics ... index.html

Igor's estranged wife accused him of having large amounts of cocaine and domestic violence during their recent divorce. Surprise!

TY, off to read.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:02 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:13 am

A vetting process "didn't find any reason why we shouldn't take their money -- so we did," said the source who asked not to be named, citing the ongoing criminal investigation.
Let's not dig too deep, guys--we need plausible deniability!

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm

FWIW - From The Hill cuz I don't have subscriptions to some of these other sources. :confused:
11/10/19 06:06 PM EST
Giuliani associate says he sought to pressure Ukraine to investigate Bidens

A lawyer representing an associate of Rudy Giuliani told The New York Times on Sunday that his client warned Ukrainian officials that the Trump administration would freeze military aid to Ukraine unless Kiev announced an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son.

According to the Times, Lev Parnas, who has found himself at the center of the impeachment inquiry into President Trump, is planning to tell House Democrats that he traveled to Ukraine to warn top officials that military aid would be frozen and that Vice President Pence would not attend Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky's inauguration were the announcement not made.

An attorney for Parnas did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.

Parnas's claim comes despite the president and other top administration officials insisting that military aid to Ukraine was never held up on the condition of Ukraine's government opening an investigation into Biden, a top contender for the Democratic Party's 2020 presidential nomination.

Giuliani sharply disputed Parnas's claim in a statement to the Times. "Categorically, I did not tell him to say that," he said.

Another associate of Giuliani's, Parnas's business partner Igor Fruman, also denied that the conversation took place, according to the Times. <SNIP>
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... nvestigate

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 am

I had wondered if Parnas had come to the realization that he is highly expendable. Seems he's at least smart enough to have figured out that much. He probably has no actual documentation to back up anything he would have to say as far as testifying in the impeachment inquiry.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Rudy Giuliani’s Pal Flips
Lev Parnas, one of Rudy Giuliani’s indicted associates, has reportedly flipped on Giuliani and started to spill on President Donald Trump.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Jim wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:33 pm
Rudy Giuliani’s Pal Flips
Lev Parnas, one of Rudy Giuliani’s indicted associates, has reportedly flipped on Giuliani and started to spill on President Donald Trump.
I hope this is true. Seems it's not being widely reported yet.

Am I being detained?

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:10 pm

Foggy wrote:
nah, he's a pendejito

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Since he's of Italian decent, he would be a coglione.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:48 pm
Pezzo di merda

North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:39 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:35 pm
Chilidog wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:48 pm
Pezzo di merda
I don't speak da lingo, but I can figure out that one.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:23 pm

Won't this be fun if it's true!
HERE WE GO: Schiff to Call Witness Lev Parnes to Tell Congress Trump Admin Threatened to Freeze Ukraine Aid If Hunter Biden Not Investigated (VIDEO)
by Jim Hoft November 11, 2019

Lev Parnes – Adam Schiff’s great Ukrainian Hope. Radio host Rush Limbaugh warned of this Schiff secret witness Lev Parnas earlier today. Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman are the two associates of Rudy Giuliani from Ukraine who were indicted by the Southern District of New York. That story is about a month old now. These two Ukrainian guys — associates of Rudy — claimed that things were being stacked in their favor. If they did this, they were gonna get that. Rudy was said to be right in the middle of their criminal activity, their suspicious activity. They were originally both represented legally by John Dowd, who was Trump’s original defense lawyer. Lev Parnas has fired John Dowd and hired a lawyer by the name of Joseph Bondy. Joseph Bondy is “a New York City criminal defense and cannabis business attorney,” meaning he’s an attorney in the marijuana business. Sounds like a real beaut of a guy. Joseph Bondy is the new lawyer for Lev Parnas.

Now, the fact that Lev Parnas fired John Dowd and hired Bondy suggests that it was at least possible Parnas and Fruman were parting ways in their defense. They were gonna go it together, but now Fruman is still represented by Dowd; Parnas has fired Dowd and is going his own way. Now, it’s not a surprise the New York Times is reporting that Lev Parnas is saying that Rudy “directed him in May of ’19, 2019, to call the president of Ukraine,” Zelensky, “and to tell him that Zelensky’s aid would not be forthcoming if he didn’t agree to investigate the Bidens.” The New York Times, again, is reporting that Parnas says that Rudy directed him in May of 2019 to tell the Ukrainian president that his aid would not be forthcoming if Ukraine did not agree to investigate the Bidens. Aid to Ukraine would be withheld and Vice President Pence would not show up at Zelensky’s swearing in. This is what Lev Parnas is now saying. So I think this is gonna be Schiff’s next guy. This is the next bombshell, meaning: “The whistleblower is no longer necessary.

“His information has been trumped,” so to speak, “by Lev Parnas.” The New York Times… Look, folks, when the New York Times is in a story, you can guarantee the whole thing is a manufactured event when the Times reporting on it as though it’s a legitimate news story that they have ferreted out, which is not the case here. They have simply been used, willingly, as they have been throughout this last three years. The story in the Times “concedes that the other two people at the meeting — Fruman and the aide to Zelensky — say the conversation didn’t happen, as Parnas is alleging it happened.” So again to review: Parnas fires his lawyer — Trump’s original defense lawyer, John Dowd — and hires some guy that works in the cannabis business named Joseph Bondy.

The New York Times is reporting that Lev Parnas says Rudy told him in May of ’19 to tell the president of Ukraine, Zelensky, that “his aid would not be forthcoming if he didn’t investigate the Bidens” and Pence wouldn’t show up at Zelensky’s swearing-in ceremony. It should be noted that refusing aid to Ukraine is still not an impeachable offense. On Lou Dobbs Tonight on Monday FOX News reporter John Roberts confirmed that Lev Parnas will likely be the Democrat Party’s surprise witness.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/1 ... ted-video/

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Return to “Trump Administration”