Lev and Igor

TexasFilly

Lev and Igor

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:40 pm

With all of the small time nuts we follow here, Lev and Igor deserve their own thread.

I just came over to post what Kendra posted in the Guliani thread:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Lev Parnas, an indicted Ukrainian-American businessman who has ties to President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, is now prepared to comply with requests for records and testimony from congressional impeachment investigators, his lawyer told Reuters on Monday.

Parnas, who helped Giuliani look for dirt on Trump’s political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden, is a key figure in the impeachment inquiry that is examining whether Trump abused his office for personal political gain.

His apparent decision to now work with the congressional committees represents a change of heart. Parnas rebuffed a request from three House of Representatives committees last month to provide documents and testimony.

“We will honor and not avoid the committee’s requests to the extent they are legally proper, while scrupulously protecting Mr Parnas’ privileges including that of the Fifth Amendment,” said the lawyer, Joseph Bondy, referring to his client’s constitutional right to avoid self-incrimination.

His previous lawyer, John Dowd, wrote to the committees in early October complaining that their requests for documents were “overly broad and unduly burdensome.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1XE297

(I'm not buying that this career criminal is going to come clean, but these guys are interesting, in a Fogbow kind of way. Igor has a luxury brand in the Ukraine called "Tada" and owns the Buddha Bar there!

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Kendra

Re: Lev and Igor

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:55 pm

Thanks for starting this. They're going to need their own thread.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Is it "LeV" or "LeF"? "Eyegor" or "E-gor"?

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:13 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:08 pm
Is it "LeV" or "LeF"? "Eyegor" or "E-gor"?
► Show Spoiler

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:20 pm

If anyone finds it before I do, post the link to Maddow's read out of Igor's attempt to get his bail conditions revised. Good times. Oh and I think his brother, who guaranteed the bail, is now under financial scrutiny.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:17 pm

There is a treasure trove of photos of Lev with not only Trump but Rudy (dating back years).

I suspect Lev might be trying to pull a Manafort. But he was smart enough to bounce John Dowd.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:22 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:17 pm
There is a treasure trove of photos of Lev with not only Trump but Rudy (dating back years).

I suspect Lev might be trying to pull a Manafort. But he was smart enough to bounce John Dowd.
It is kind of interesting that he gave Dowd the boot AND he's all the sudden willing to testify to Congress. Maybe he's smart enough to realize he's expendable in Trump world.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:29 pm

Awesome idea for a topic Filly, thanks!

Here's Rachel, not sure if this is the one discussed above:

Parnas Associations Range From Russian Mob To Trump Legal Team | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC
342,750 views•Oct 29, 2019

Rachel Maddow looks at the criminal and questionable associations of Lev Parnas even before he was arrested this month, and wonders at the peculiar relationship Parnas has with Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani, and Dmytro Firtash, an oligarch linked to Russian organized crime. Aired on 10/29/19.

AXIOS:
Indicted Giuliani associate now willing to comply with impeachment inquiry
Zachary Basu 2 hours ago

Lev Parnas, one of Rudy Giuliani's foreign-born associates who were indicted on campaign finance charges last month, is now willing to cooperate in the House's impeachment inquiry, his lawyer told Reuters on Monday.
Bondy also added in a statement to the New York Times: "Mr. Parnas was very upset by President Trump’s plainly false statement that he did not know him." Trump told reporters last month that he did not know either Parnas or Fruman, despite being pictured with both of them.

The big picture: As part of the pressure campaign, Parnas, Fruman and Giuliani allegedly sought to have U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch ousted from her position because she was hindering their push for investigations into Biden and his son. In a transcript of Yovanovitch's interview with House investigators released on Monday, the former ambassador alleged that the men wanted her removed because they were seeking additional business dealings in Ukraine. A defense attorney for Parnas argued in court last month that because he employed Giuliani as his lawyer at the same time that Giuliani was working for President Trump, the White House could potentially invoke executive privilege over some of the evidence gathered by prosecutors.
https://www.axios.com/lev-parnas-giulia ... c5033.html

Poor Lev was very upset! Maybe Jr. will send him an autographed copy of his new book to say sorry. Looks like they stuck him with the check too also. :P

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

tek

Post by tek » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:24 am

"Mr. Parnas was very upset by President Trump’s plainly false statement that he did not know him."
Yes! Egomaniac cage match! :popcorn:

There's no way back
from there to here

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:54 am

An investor who lost hundreds of thousands in a Hollywood movie deal pitched by Lev Parnas took the bold step of asking the federal court today to hold the bond money that Parnas paid to get out of jail so the investor can be paid. It would cover part of the $510,000 debt.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:03 am

I've done lots of garnishments, writs of attachment etc. in my life, but never tried garnishing a criminal defendant's bond money. WAG, this won't work.

Lev and his wife have a history of conning and stiffing people (just like BenedictDonald, but on a much smaller scale). They were clearly living on the financial edge then came into all of this money to contribute to various GOP entities. Where did that come from?
Sekrit Stuffs!
Dimitri Firtash?
These folks who were conned might as well try to garnish Guiliani's bank account for the $500K Lev and Igor paid him. (KIDDING!)

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:07 am

Yeah, I thought it wouldn't go far, but :popcorn: for them trying. At least there's more dirty laundry out in public.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:45 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:03 am
I've done lots of garnishments, writs of attachment etc. in my life, but never tried garnishing a criminal defendant's bond money. WAG, this won't work.
I'm curious as to why you think I won't work (completely not my scene!).

If a garnishment order is A saying to B "C owes me money, you are due to pay C some money, this court says that you, B, must instead pay it to me, A. to satisfy C's debt to me" At first sight, that seems to work as well for a court cashier as a company bookkeeper.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:45 pm

If a garnishment order is A saying to B "C owes me money, you are due to pay C some money, this court says that you, B, must instead pay it to me, A. to satisfy C's debt to me" At first sight, that seems to work as well for a court cashier as a company bookkeeper.
My WAG: If the court were to rule that the creditor is due the bond money, then the bond has no real value because the defendant no longer has the incentive to honor the bond, i.e., stay within the court's jurisdiction.

Even "I'll defer ruling on this until after the trial" lessens the defendant's incentive to stick around.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:30 pm

:lol: when I see this thread title I always think I will be reading a book by Leo Tolstoy

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:32 pm

bob wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:15 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote:

My WAG: If the court were to rule that the creditor is due the bond money, then the bond has no real value because the defendant no longer has the incentive to honor the bond, i.e., stay within the court's jurisdiction.

Even "I'll defer ruling on this until after the trial" lessens the defendant's incentive to stick around.
I was wondering on the special case where a bond company ventured the money. Do they have a first right to receive it back?

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:51 pm

bob wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:15 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote:

That's some smart reasoning, thanks bob!

(So reading Rondeau's and others' pootish effluent hasn't destroyed your smarts, pheeww!!)

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:17 pm

:P

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:23 am

Giuliani is godfather to Parnas’s son https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/06/us/p ... iardo.html

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:30 am

This is my new favorite thread.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:32 am

TexasFilly wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:23 am

Giuliani is godfather to Parnas’s son https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/06/us/p ... iardo.html
:smoking:
Ok. Keep it coming. I'm ready.

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:43 am

TexasFilly wrote:

Well, technically there's no such thing as a 'godparent' as I understand it, but obviously Giuliani has a few more ties to Parnas than 'he was the coffee boy'.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:48 am

Azastan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:43 am
TexasFilly wrote:

Well, technically there's no such thing as a 'godparent' as I understand it, but obviously Giuliani has a few more ties to Parnas than 'he was the coffee boy'.
Can you please explain what you mean by this?

https://www.thecatholictelegraph.com/qa ... ents/20913

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:53 am

SLQ wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:48 am
Azastan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:43 am
TexasFilly wrote:

Can you please explain what you mean by this?

https://www.thecatholictelegraph.com/qa ... ents/20913
Jews don't have godparents.
Cantor Sherman said, “Officially in Judaism we do not have godparents–it is not a Jewish tradition. Jewish families may appoint them if they wish, but there are no attending religious obligations or responsibilities. It is simply an honorary title. Families can appoint as many as they want or none at all.” And he added, “the appointing of godparents in Judaism has nothing to do with legal guardianship.”

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/articl ... godparent/

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:58 am

neonzx wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:32 am
TexasFilly wrote:

:smoking:
Ok. Keep it coming. I'm ready.

:lol:

You may need a full body rubber suit before it's all over. Early days, my friend, early days.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Return to “Trump Administration”